No Time to Die production thread

Comments

matt_u wrote: »
    peter wrote: »
    Cary also put to rest the idea that they're editing/re-shooting. He said something like that is costly-- yes, even on a Bond film. Secondly he discussed any project can be tinkered with, to what end. He said that NTTD is perfect as is, it's a great film, and it was his hope that others will feel the same.

Exactly. Fukunaga himself basically shut down all that nonsense regarding potential reshoot/trimming/further polishing: NTTD is locked, 100% finished and the director is 100% happy with it.

The movie is great as it is.

K1CLJVb.jpg

Cary is the man.
    Why is she so…loud?

Influencers. Before Covid the most annoying illness. Had the advantage, that they only got on other people's nerves.

Influencers, now there's a word I cant stand…
  • Thanks for sharing that @matt_u. Interesting the finished film is locked up in a vault somewhere. Untouched until release day.. #:-S
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited April 2020 Posts: 8,086
    There have been rumours dating back donkeys years that Bond 25 could feature some sort of
    doomsday bio weapon
    infecting the world population as the villainous scheme.

If so do you think that recent events could mean that they have to downplay that aspect?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited April 2020 Posts: 3,497
    There have been rumours dating back donkeys years that Bond 25 could feature some sort of
    doomsday bio weapon
    If so do you think that
    recent events
    could mean that they have to downplay that aspect?

No x3.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    doomsday bio weapon

If so do you think that recent events could mean that they have to downplay that aspect?

If so, it would be an unfortunate coincidence. I don't think they'll downplay it necessarily, as they haven't really been bigging it up in order to downplay it, but they will make sure it's timed right.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Good point. Assuming Bond thwarts whatever the threat is, it could be a fist-pumping moment.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Because of the nature of the villain's threat, I suspect the film will be preceded by a message, either to be read by the audience or a filmed statement featuring Barbara, Daniel, Cary and Michael acknowledging the crisis and clarifying the NTTD was conceived and filmed prior to recent tragic events.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    doomsday bio weapon

The director of the film just clarified that they are 100% done with the film. So the answer is NO. Plus, downplaying the core of the evil scheme of the plot would've needed massive reshoots so the answer would've been NO even without Cary's replies.
    matt_u wrote: »
    doomsday bio weapon

The director of the film just clarified that they are 100% done with the film. So the answer is NO. Plus, downplaying the core of the evil scheme of the plot would've needed massive reshoots so the answer would've been NO even without Cary's replies.

@Mendes4Lyfe Let it go brother.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    echo wrote: »
    Good point. Assuming Bond thwarts whatever the threat is, it could be a fist-pumping moment.

Bond saves the world. Again!

=D>
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited April 2020 Posts: 524

=D>

Queue a rambunctious rendition of the Bond theme. I really long for a version that plays when Bond does something heroic, and I mean not right before the end credits roll.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria

=D>

Queue a rambunctious rendition of the Bond theme. I really long for a version that plays when Bond does something heroic, and I mean not right before the end credits roll.

I think Zimmer will do just that....He's one Composer who knows how to Create Goosebumps....one example of moments like that, was when he played the Batman theme, when Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman was Escaping the Giant Well in The Dark Knight Rises....till this day, I still get Goosebumps watching that Scene.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Because of the nature of the villain's threat, I suspect the film will be preceded by a message, either to be read by the audience or a filmed statement featuring Barbara, Daniel, Cary and Michael acknowledging the crisis and clarifying the NTTD was conceived and filmed prior to recent tragic events.

Never ever will that happen.
    Jan1985 wrote: »

Possibly? yes, Probably? No; but never say never, these are strange times.

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited April 2020 Posts: 7,526

I could see a not-very-specific "All events taking place are purely fictional; any similarities to real events are entirely coincidental". Like they do in the credits for a lot of films, regarding the characters.

Maybe in the exact same style as 'The dead... are alive." ;)

I could see a not-very-specific "All events taking place are purely fictional; any similarities to real events are entirely coincidental". Like they do in the credits for a lot of films, regarding the characters.

Maybe in the exact same style as 'The dead... are alive." ;)

I don't think they would want to appear to be exploiting something this grave; of course the fanbase would know that they're not, but the general public has not followed the production. Some type of disclaimer would not surprise me.

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Why is she so…loud?

Influencers. Before Covid the most annoying illness. Had the advantage, that they only got on other people's nerves.

Me neither. And prior to Covid 19 I used to make fun of "influencers" being some annoying - although not mortal - disease
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Those release date are just placeholders. Bond will want to avoid a Marvel film like he avoided that train in Skyfall. Going head to head with Black Widow will doom Bond.

November is Home to Eon. They feel overly assured with November, Regardless of who they're up against. I think it's Marvel who should be concerned, not that Black Widow will flop....but the World have missed Bond for Half-a-Decade.....almost anywhere one turns, one can find a Marvel film or at least multiple trailers of a Marvel film. Both films will do well, but it's going to be the battle of the 1billion Mark. And judging by Bond's lengthy Absence, I can't help but point his Way.

Marvel has a loyal fanbase. They don't care about any of that.
    I wonder if they will cut down
    the nightclub sequence

Why would they cut it down? What basis do you have to bring up and ask that question?
    GlamSlam wrote: »
    I wonder if they will cut down
    the nightclub sequence

Why would they cut it down? What basis do you have to bring up and ask that question?

If I may, I believe they are linking it to the pandemic going on right now? Though, I also don't see why they would cut it down. There's nothing to suggest that the villain's scheme is related to bio-warfare (yet).
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    So it appears that even a statement from the director himself - saying that work on the film is 100% done and there won’t be any more trim/polish - won’t be able to stop fans speculating nonsense. Wow.
    Maybe Safin is an influencer and NTTD takes place in an alternative universe in which people are finally tired of them? :-?
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    doomsday bio weapon

In a way we haven't seen NTTD but we are in it...

edited April 2020 Posts: 4,247
    The Film is Surely finished & locked in a place where Security is tight(Maybe A Vault)....if the film were to be in it's Script Stage, maybe it would have been the Best Bond Script ever....but thankfully, we won't have to wait that long to find out, As NTTD is already looking Good & I think if Cary wasn't happy with it, he would be the first to start talking about Reshooting the film, But thankfully, the man said the film is Done....it's just to push the release Button.
    The Film is Surely finished & locked in a place where Security is tight(Maybe A Vault)....if the film were to be in it's Script Stage, maybe it would have been the Best Bond Script ever....but thankfully, we won't have to wait that long to find out, As NTTD is already looking Good & I think if Cary wasn't happy with it, he would be the first to start talking about Reshooting the film, But thankfully, the man said the film is Done....it's just to push the release Button.

It's finished, Cary himself confirmed it.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

He Sure Did.

He Sure Did.

He was bored from staying inside for so long. ;)
    Why is she so…loud?

Me neither. And prior to Covid 19 I used to make fun of "influencers" being some annoying - although not mortal - disease

I imagine with people staying at home, there will only be more "influencer" content. They really are one of the least fortunate things about internet.
    Maybe Safin is an influencer and NTTD takes place in an alternative universe in which people are finally tired of them? :-?

:)) :)) :))
    Those release date are just placeholders. Bond will want to avoid a Marvel film like he avoided that train in Skyfall. Going head to head with Black Widow will doom Bond.

November is Home to Eon. They feel overly assured with November, Regardless of who they're up against. I think it's Marvel who should be concerned, not that Black Widow will flop....but the World have missed Bond for Half-a-Decade.....almost anywhere one turns, one can find a Marvel film or at least multiple trailers of a Marvel film. Both films will do well, but it's going to be the battle of the 1billion Mark. And judging by Bond's lengthy Absence, I can't help but point his Way.

Marvel has a loyal fanbase. They don't care about any of that.

There's only this to care about ;-):

ECjJJAc.jpg