No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    jake24 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I must admit I'm interested in Dr Madeline Swann this time round, hopefully her character is fleshed out. Lea is a talented, beautiful actress who deserved better. Not sure if it's just me but I think she looks better now than she did in Spectre, perhaps she's more comfortable? Well not including her last pose in that photoshoot

Is it true a plot synopsis has leaked?
    Sorry if this has been spoken about already, I haven't been on here in a few days

A possible one that for my money sounds close to the real deal.
    Without giving anything away, what do people actually think of the story from the supposed leak (which could very well be a fan who merely figured it out based on info already known)? Does it sound appealing?

It sounds good, but it’s definitely the most far fetched plot out of all of Craig’s films. I think it’ll be really good if executed properly.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Reads like fanfic to me.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 490
    It sounds very plausible but could easily have been written by any of us. There's almost nothing surprising or new in it that we haven't already been speculating about.

Still, I think it would make for a solid plot and I absolutely trust Cary to deliver.

The only thing I’d have to warm up to if it’s true, is the whole
    Madeline & Bond raising the cloned little girl.

Can any of you honestly picture Craig’s Bond being a paternal figure? No thanks.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    The only thing I’d have to warm up to if it’s true, is the whole
    Madeline & Bond raising the cloned little girl.

Can any of you honestly picture Craig’s Bond being a paternal figure? No thanks.

Well, I suppose it all depends on how they will portray Craig’s Bond in NTTD. Plus, after falling in love for a second time 5 years have passed. I’m not a big fan of this concept, on paper, even tho having children is an idea Bond never ruled out in the books.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    To be honest nothing surprises me about Craig's Era anymore. Coz the Era is determined to take Bond to Murky & Uncharted Territories. I suppose that's what has made him a Great Bond in the first place.....doing the unthinkable for the franchise, But still doing it in Bondian Fashion.
    I mean, after doing my own research on the topic, the whole
    cloning & genetic engineering scheme Malek’s villain is behind really isn’t too far fetched, even though it’s the most outlandish plot of all of Craig’s films yet.

I think such a thing is possible in today’s day & age, but obviously, it’s unethical, dangerous, and highly controversial. Clearly, that’s not going to matter to a Bond villain.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 4,343
    cloning & genetic engineering scheme Malek’s villain is behind really isn’t too far fetched, even though it’s the most outlandish plot of all of Craig’s films yet.

I think such a thing is possible in today’s day & age, but obviously, it’s unethical, dangerous, and highly controversial. Clearly, that’s not going to matter to a Bond villain.

Sure. A plan of this scale fits perfectly with the notion of NTTD being a real culmination of this era. Plus, it’s time for a Bond film with an evil master plan dealing with
    mass murdering and world domination... in this case, world repopulation.

When Malek said Safin’s plan deals with solving one of Earth biggest problems, well, my first reaction in the Plot speculation thread was: mankind. Which is sad, but obviously true.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited April 2020 Posts: 7,518
    matt_u wrote: »

Sure. A plan of this scale fits perfectly with the notion of NTTD being a real culmination of this era. Plus, it’s time for a Bond film with an evil master plan dealing with

When Malek said Safin’s plan deals with solving one of Earth biggest problems, well, my first reaction in the Plot speculation thread was: mankind. Which is sad, but obviously true.

You're not wrong. The proliferation of viruses such as the new coronavirus is a direct response to overpopulation. It's no surprise it began in China, an extremely dense population zone.

It's nature cleaning house.

You're not wrong. The proliferation of viruses such as the new coronavirus is a direct response to overpopulation. It's no surprise it began in China, an extremely dense population zone.

Yep. Crazy they were ready to release a film with such a plot just now, assuming the leak is legit. But even if it’s not the backbone of Safin’s plan would not be that different.

Yep. Crazy they were ready to release a film with such a plot just now, assuming the leak is legit. But even if it’s not the backbone of Safin’s plan would not be that different.

For sure. I haven't read the leak and have no interest in doing so, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the plot followed a similar vein to current events.
    I'd take this with a BIG grain of salt but there's a leaked overview of NTTD's plot from 4chan. I know we see quite a few of these with every new Bond film, but this is the first one for NTTD that seems to fit with what we do know.
    Safin (Rami Malek) is a former member of SPECTRE. Believing that his extremist methods were dangerous, Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz) ordered his assassination, but Safin survived, albeit heavily scarred, and disappeared. Over the following 20 years, he built an international criminal empire, relying on groundbreaking gene therapy to prolong his life. He crosses paths with James Bond (Daniel Craig) when he begins assassination SPECTRE's leaders following Blofeld's arrest by the MI6 in order to seize control of the organization.

Safin's plan is to use an algae-based bioweapon to wipe out humanity and repopulate the planet with genetically engineered cloned humans of his design. The Adam & Eve of Safin's Eden will be child clones of himself and Bond's lover Madeline Swann (Lea Seydoux), with whom he has been obsessed since meeting her as a young girl.

In Italy, James Bond (Daniel Craig) and Madeline Swann (Lea Seydoux) are attacked by SPECTRE while visiting the tomb of Vesper Lynd. Bond believes Madeline has betrayed him and they separate. One year later, Bond is living in Jamaica. Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright) recruits him to rescue Dr. Valdo Obruchev (David Dencik) from SPECTRE in Cuba. Bond later meets MI6 agent Nomi (Lashana Lynch), who has also been assigned to find Obruchev.

In Cuba, Bond meets Leiter’s protégés Paloma (Ana de Armas) and Ashe (Billy Magnussen). Bond and Paloma infiltrate a SPECTRE outpost and learn that a rival organization is killing SPECTRE’s leaders and stealing their resources. They rescue Obruchev and meet with Leiter in a boat, but are betrayed by Ashe, who is working for the new organization. Ashe kills Leiter and Paloma and kidnaps Obruchev. Bond survives and Nomi rescues Obruchev.

In London, Bond rejoins the MI6 to avenge Leiter and Paloma, and learns they have recruited Madeline as a consultant. Bond interrogates Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz), who reveals that Safin (Rami Malek), a rogue SPECTRE operative with a secret connection to Madeline, leads the new organization. Nomi learns Safin stole Obruchev’s research on a new algae-based bioweapon.

Madeline reveals that, when she was a child, Safin came to kill her mother. Young Madeline fell into a frozen lake trying to escape, but was rescued by Safin, who abducted her and has been coercing her into helping him in exchange for sparing her mother’s life. Bond and Madeline locate Madeline’s mother in Norway, and she provides a clue to Safin’s whereabouts before Ashe and his men arrive, kill her and abduct Madeline.

Nomi volunteers to help Bond rescue Madeline. Blofeld helps them decipher Madeline’s mother’s clue and locate Safin’s lair in an abandoned diamond mine in Russia, where Madeline learns that Safin is planning to use Obruchev’s weapon to wipe out humanity and repopulate the planet with genetically engineered cloned humans. He has already made a girl based on Madeline’s DNA to be the Eve, and is making a boy based on own DNA to be the Adam of his New Eden.

Bond and Nomi infiltrate Safin’s lair. Bond is captured and brought before Safin, but manages to escape, disable the bioweapon and kill Safin, avenging Leiter and Paloma. Meanwhile, Nomi kills Ashe and rescues Madeline and Eve. The four escape before the facility explodes and reunites at a nearby beach, where Bond and Madeline reconcile and decide to raise Eve together, while Nomi returns to the MI6. Bond assures her that he’s never too far gone if they need his help again.

My first post!

This actually sounds pretty plausible but the only things made me question it were that Cory Fukunaga said in an interview he wanted to go back to why Bond got spared by Mr White with Madeline being his daughter, and this doesn't mention that. I feel like it doesn't really have an arc for Nomi either. So I think this is probably *mostly* true but maybe missing some things.

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Regarding the leak,
    even if cloning a human being is (almost) possible nowadays, I'm not keen about seeing it in a Bond film. I associate these things with the SF genre, not Bond. Perhaps it's irrational, but that's just how it is.
    Regarding the leak,
    even if cloning a human being is (almost) possible nowadays, I'm not keen about seeing it in a Bond film. I associate these things with the SF genre, not Bond. Perhaps it's irrational, but that's just how it is.
    I don’t think that leak is very trustworthy. It had some vague ideas of what the plot was going to be about, but skipped any real details. The post also said that Bond meets Ash in Cuba, but set photos of Ash in Jamaica prove that to be wrong.
    kenton wrote: »
    I'd take this with a BIG grain of salt but there's a leaked overview of NTTD's plot from 4chan. I know we see quite a few of these with every new Bond film, but this is the first one for NTTD that seems to fit with what we do know.
    Safin (Rami Malek) is a former member of SPECTRE. Believing that his extremist methods were dangerous, Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz) ordered his assassination, but Safin survived, albeit heavily scarred, and disappeared. Over the following 20 years, he built an international criminal empire, relying on groundbreaking gene therapy to prolong his life. He crosses paths with James Bond (Daniel Craig) when he begins assassination SPECTRE's leaders following Blofeld's arrest by the MI6 in order to seize control of the organization.

Safin's plan is to use an algae-based bioweapon to wipe out humanity and repopulate the planet with genetically engineered cloned humans of his design. The Adam & Eve of Safin's Eden will be child clones of himself and Bond's lover Madeline Swann (Lea Seydoux), with whom he has been obsessed since meeting her as a young girl.

In Italy, James Bond (Daniel Craig) and Madeline Swann (Lea Seydoux) are attacked by SPECTRE while visiting the tomb of Vesper Lynd. Bond believes Madeline has betrayed him and they separate. One year later, Bond is living in Jamaica. Felix Leiter (Jeffrey Wright) recruits him to rescue Dr. Valdo Obruchev (David Dencik) from SPECTRE in Cuba. Bond later meets MI6 agent Nomi (Lashana Lynch), who has also been assigned to find Obruchev.

In Cuba, Bond meets Leiter’s protégés Paloma (Ana de Armas) and Ashe (Billy Magnussen). Bond and Paloma infiltrate a SPECTRE outpost and learn that a rival organization is killing SPECTRE’s leaders and stealing their resources. They rescue Obruchev and meet with Leiter in a boat, but are betrayed by Ashe, who is working for the new organization. Ashe kills Leiter and Paloma and kidnaps Obruchev. Bond survives and Nomi rescues Obruchev.

In London, Bond rejoins the MI6 to avenge Leiter and Paloma, and learns they have recruited Madeline as a consultant. Bond interrogates Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Christoph Waltz), who reveals that Safin (Rami Malek), a rogue SPECTRE operative with a secret connection to Madeline, leads the new organization. Nomi learns Safin stole Obruchev’s research on a new algae-based bioweapon.

Madeline reveals that, when she was a child, Safin came to kill her mother. Young Madeline fell into a frozen lake trying to escape, but was rescued by Safin, who abducted her and has been coercing her into helping him in exchange for sparing her mother’s life. Bond and Madeline locate Madeline’s mother in Norway, and she provides a clue to Safin’s whereabouts before Ashe and his men arrive, kill her and abduct Madeline.

Nomi volunteers to help Bond rescue Madeline. Blofeld helps them decipher Madeline’s mother’s clue and locate Safin’s lair in an abandoned diamond mine in Russia, where Madeline learns that Safin is planning to use Obruchev’s weapon to wipe out humanity and repopulate the planet with genetically engineered cloned humans. He has already made a girl based on Madeline’s DNA to be the Eve, and is making a boy based on own DNA to be the Adam of his New Eden.

Bond and Nomi infiltrate Safin’s lair. Bond is captured and brought before Safin, but manages to escape, disable the bioweapon and kill Safin, avenging Leiter and Paloma. Meanwhile, Nomi kills Ashe and rescues Madeline and Eve. The four escape before the facility explodes and reunites at a nearby beach, where Bond and Madeline reconcile and decide to raise Eve together, while Nomi returns to the MI6. Bond assures her that he’s never too far gone if they need his help again.

My first post!

This actually sounds pretty plausible but the only things made me question it were that Cory Fukunaga said in an interview he wanted to go back to why Bond got spared by Mr White with Madeline being his daughter, and this doesn't mention that. I feel like it doesn't really have an arc for Nomi either. So I think this is probably *mostly* true but maybe missing some things.

Welcome!
    edited April 2020 Posts: 1,755
    Regarding the leak,

But haven’t most Bond movies always been borderline Science Fiction? Maybe not Craig’s movies. I’m skeptical about it too, but then again, this will be Craig’s first villain that poses a real, global threat.

Welcome!

Thank You!

KizerK wrote: »
    Regarding the leak,
    I don’t think that leak is very trustworthy. It had some vague ideas of what the plot was going to be about, but skipped any real details. The post also said that Bond meets Ash in Cuba, but set photos of Ash in Jamaica prove that to be wrong.

Correct.

Also,
    In this interview Ana says that she only took the role of a 'Bond girl' as they weren't going to do the typical thing of 'killing her, or making the character into a baddie, etc.'

https://americanway.com/en/features/2020/03/ana-de-armas-is-hollywoods-most-sought-after-leading-lady

I'm pretty certain that they wouldn't kill any of the female characters in the first post-MeToo film. Plus, both Paloma and Nomi are tough spies. I'm sure there is potential that either could return.

Daniel Craig, Phoebe-Waller-Bridge, Ralph Fiennes and Paul McCartney have taken part in this video thanking the NHS. (Beware, Chris Martin also features.......)

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It what is already proving a rather controversial interview, Lea Seydoux talks political correctness, MeToo, Harvey Weinstein and NTTD.....

These comments come from an interview Lea did as this month's cover star for Harper's Bizarre. slightly surprised that these magazines are still being produced and that they are still using the Bond stars in Spring and not moving these interviews to Winter. Though I know nothing of the industry and suppose that the covers for Nov/Dec have been set months in advance.

Not a fan of the styling for the campaign....looks a little busy and kitsch. I think Lashana has had the coolest covers this season. It's a shame Ana has been sidelined. Hopefully she has a bigger push in November as she has 3(!) films out that month.

EUkWdQ0WAAEzIU-?format=jpg&name=small
    EUkWdQ1XgAAvuEK?format=jpg&name=small
    EUkWdQ0XYAE0hCc?format=jpg&name=small
    EUkWdQ0XQAIMhFj?format=jpg&name=small
    EUkWxnmWsAAWQO-?format=jpg&name=small
    EUkWxo7XYAAvUzV?format=jpg&name=medium
    EUkWxo6WAAE8eN1?format=jpg&name=small

Yeah that's a pretty horrid shoot! :D

Lynch is definitely leading the way with her supercool photoshoots. Not lead by trying to be overly sexy either which I think is a plus point.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    That shoot doesnt do Léa any justice at all.

NzEI6wW.jpg
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    mrw-when-my-girlfriend-buys-new-lingerie-jim-carrey-the-mask.gif
    I agree Lea can do far better
    mrw-when-my-girlfriend-buys-new-lingerie-jim-carrey-the-mask.gif
    I agree Lea can do far better

As I have so thoughtully proven above. ;)
    She is just stunning.
    She is just stunning.

Wnb4FYW.jpg

Quite so. ;)

Guys, regarding the leak, hear me out for a second as I think there’s one major thing we’re overlooking from a while back.

Many of us are speculating that the little girl seen on the beach with Lashana Lynch is a family member of a crew member. But does anyone here remember way back when they were filming the Atlantic Road car chase? Reports claimed there was a doll of a little girl spotted in the back seat of the tan Toyota Land Cruiser that Bond and Madeline are seen driving in.

So my point is, perhaps there is truth to the whole little girl plot point from that leak. My curiosity is officially peaked.

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    'Black Widow' has a new release date, 6 November, 2020.

While Forbes predicts NTTD could become the biggest-ever live-action Thanksgiving release.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/04/03/james-bond-no-time-to-die-daniel-craig-quiet-place-part-ii-emily-blunt-john-krasinski-positioned-to-shatter-box-office-records/#54384e316b7f
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Guys, regarding the leak, hear me out for a second as I think there’s one major thing we’re overlooking from a while back.

Many of us are speculating that the little girl seen on the beach with Lashana Lynch is a family member of a crew member. But does anyone here remember way back when they were filming the Atlantic Road car chase? Reports claimed there was a doll of a little girl spotted in the back seat of the tan Toyota Land Cruiser that Bond and Madeline are seen driving in.

So my point is, perhaps there is truth to the whole little girl plot point from that leak. My curiosity is officially peaked.

@DonnyDB5 The only two pics with a 'clear' view from Norway. Can't make out if there's a doll in the backset.

XLVY0ok.jpg
    WNrPCPg.jpg

But I do remember that trailer scene where Bond is driving the same car although it's the chase over the muddy wet landscape. In the backseat you can briefly see a female with long blond hair. (But then again, that could be adult Madeleine being saved or something).

Either way that should be the same long car chase sequence if I understand it correctly going by Cary & co's spilling the beans in interviews.

Just listened to the NTTD Zimmer album and all I can say is..................Oh wait April Fools was couple of days ago. Still wonder if one will ever escape.
    delfloria wrote: »
    Just listened to the NTTD Zimmer album and all I can say is..................Oh wait April Fools was couple of days ago. Still wonder if one will ever escape.

Sigh.