Memorable Moments Lesser Referenced in Bond Films

2»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Not sure that it fits the thread guidelines but I've always loved the way Bond slams the door open and raises his PPK on the yacht in GE. He looks so cool and in command to me there.
    Love the scene in MR when after falling from the cable car and landing on the ground Goodhead asks "anything broken" and Moore looks at his torn suit and says " only my tailors heart". Classic Roger Moore
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    I always liked how Bond escapes from the cell in GF with the wink and wave. Barry's score that accompanies the scene only highlights it for me.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Not sure that it fits the thread guidelines but I've always loved the way Bond slams the door open and raises his PPK on the yacht in GE. He looks so cool and in command to me there.

The towel-whip and brow-wipe right before it is an unappreciated small moment too :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Tokoloshe2 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

The towel-whip and brow-wipe right before it is an unappreciated small moment too :)

Indeed. That brow-wipe is effortless and adds a nice bit of levity to the scene.
    There are many moments to mention, but as a start I've always found the moment where Bond takes time to flick through that Playboy magazine in Gumbold's office a highlight.

Also from OHMMS, and less of a moment perhaps, but I've always liked the shot in the PTS where in the DBS, they show Lazenby in an extreme closeup lighting a cigarette. The following shot where they show him put down his sunglasses on the passenger seat, where we also see an open Michelin guide book, is a nice touch.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    There are many moments to mention, but as a start I've always found the moment where Bond takes time to flick through that Playboy magazine in Gumbold's office a highlight.

Also from OHMMS, and less of a moment perhaps, but I've always liked the shot in the PTS where in the DBS, they show Lazenby in an extreme closeup lighting a cigarette. The following shot where they show him put down his sunglasses on the passenger seat, where we also see an open Michelin guide book, is a nice touch.

That's one thing i never liked in that scene. Bond reading 'Playboy' doesen't seem right to me. Even worse when he turns the magazine vertically. Bond would never be that vulgar.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 17,280

That's one thing i never liked in that scene. Bond reading 'Playboy' doesen't seem right to me. Even worse when he turns the magazine vertically. Bond would never be that vulgar.

I can definitely understand that this part of the scene isn't for everyone, but I can't help but chuckle at it, and as a result it's stuck as one of my favourite smaller moments of the series.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 3,985
    DAD : Bond nicks a grape as he takes a short cut through a hospital ward at the clinic! Always makes me chuckle :))

I think Connery did a similar thing after killing Bouvier in the TB PTS... :)
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    DAD : Bond nicks a grape as he takes a short cut through a hospital ward at the clinic! Always makes me chuckle :))

It is a good moment.
    He ate a grape later, I think it was the room of Angelo Palazzi/doppelganger.

It is a good moment.
    He ate a grape later, I think it was the room of Angelo Palazzi/doppelganger.

Talking of Bond eating fruit, i like the scene in NSNA when Bond arrives back at the villa and munches an apple before he impales it on a sharp ornament!
    Those un-official moments are the best! LOL! I have always liked that one too! :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited April 2020 Posts: 45,489
    I have always loved the moment when Mary Goodnight opens the trunk on Scaramanga s flying car. It is like something out of an old live-action Disney movie.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Dalton's comment to Krest: "I look forward to seeing you again". You only realise why it was so menacing when the camera pans to the wedding flower on the floor and realise that's what Bond just noticed.

LTK is such an under-rated film.
  • Tokoloshe2 wrote: »
    Dalton's comment to Krest: "I look forward to seeing you again". You only realise why it was so menacing when the camera pans to the wedding flower on the floor and realise that's what Bond just noticed.

LTK is such an under-rated film.

You could say that again. GE really pissed on its legacy.
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Dr No: When Bond sniffs his opened vodka and smells something fishy and opens his spare bottle (and the fact that he has a spare bottle!)

FRWL: "Let me take care of this filthy stuff"

GE: When Brosnan is arming the bomb and barely flinches as something explodes around him
  • w2bond wrote: »

GE: When Brosnan is arming the bomb and barely flinches as something explodes around him

During the GE pretitles sequence, someone yelled out Bullsh-t! In the audience. Because the movie had too many unrealistic moments and lacked the grit which I call the Grit Gap carrying over from LTK.

LTK- the fact that Bond and Felix were wearing similar suit to the AVTAK horse race scene for the wedding.
    When Bond trolls Stromberg by attempting to shake his hand after Naomi told him not to.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 1,009
    One that I just noticed on LALD: after raiding NOLA's Fillet of Soul, Felix shows Bond his only suspicious finding: three partially burned tarot cards: The High Priestess, The Death and The Moon.
    Baron Samedi has left these cards to say “Come and get us if you dare”. When it comes to badassery on Bond villains, the Baron is a Top-5. Just got myself a 7Up bottle to celebrate him.
    STLCards3 wrote: »
    When Bond trolls Stromberg by attempting to shake his hand after Naomi told him not to.

With Co-vid and the possible death of the handshake I wonder how this scene will play in the future!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    thedove wrote: »

With Co-vid and the possible death of the handshake I wonder how this scene will play in the future!

This hysteria will pass soon enough.
    "The brand on the list was questionable, so i took the liberty of choosing something else..!" In TLD Bond's choice of Champagne is a little more expensive than M had envisioned!

Love that moment and it's played beautifully by Dalton.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 1,009
    On DAD, Bond sneaking into a hospital room from a random room window and casually greeting the patient and his family there, who happily greet back. This killed me when I first saw it.
    "The brand on the list was questionable, so i took the liberty of choosing something else..!" In TLD Bond's choice of Champagne is a little more expensive than M had envisioned!

Love that moment and it's played beautifully by Dalton.
    Agreed. Let's use that example to those who think Dalton didn't do suave, snobbish Bond well enough.