No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    talos7 wrote: »
    His haircut alone should shoot down any rumors of re-shoots.

Comment of the day 🤣😂
  • talos7 wrote: »

How long ago was it that they filmed NTTD? He looks ancient in that video.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    talos7 wrote: »

How long ago was it that they filmed NTTD? He looks ancient in that video.

It's been 5 months to the day since they wrapped.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8158483/amp/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-No-time-spy-James-Bond-coronavirus-lockdown.html?__twitter_impression=true

Baz claims that several insiders told him that NTTD is not undergoing reshoots. And that the film is on total lockdown.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    The only thing that rumor ever came out of was a YouTube channel that likes to play onto the fears of misogynistic incel viewers that believe that women want to take over the world and castrate men for being men. And this all because Star Trek, Doctor Who, Star Wars have women in the lead roles and supposedly upset male fans.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Not this reshoot crap again please.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Not this reshoot crap again please.

+1
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @Contraband What a treat! Thanks :)>-
    I'm personally not against reshoots.....I'm not talking about 'Justice League'-esque reshoots where more than 50% of the movie gets rejigged.

But.....if there is a scene or character that could be tweaked or a moment that isn't particularly strong and CJF can reshoot that scene, then they can do it.

In fact, once we are over the worst of his virus, I do hope they reshoot something. One of my favourite scenes in SF was in fact a reshoot. It's the scene at M's flat when Bond returns. Mendes was unhappy with the scene and asked to reshoot it.

Also, Marvel build reshoots into their budget and schedule. In fact, the iconic moment with Tony Stark confronting Thanos was a last-minute reshoot.

'Reshoots' is not a dirty word.
    I'm personally not against reshoots.....I'm not talking about 'Justice League'-esque reshoots where more than 50% of the movie gets rejigged.

But.....if there is a scene or character that could be tweaked or a moment that isn't particularly strong and CJF can reshoot that scene, then they can do it.

In fact, once we are over the worst of his virus, I do hope they reshoot something. One of my favourite scenes in SF was in fact a reshoot. It's the scene at M's flat when Bond returns. Mendes was unhappy with the scene and asked to reshoot it.

Also, Marvel build reshoots into their budget and schedule. In fact, the iconic moment with Tony Stark confronting Thanos was a last-minute reshoot.

It may well be that Cary and Co are happy with the final product and don't need to do any reshoots...
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,497
    There aren't any reshoots planned.

Where the hell does that even come from?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    There aren't any reshoots planned.

Where the hell does that even come from?

From a post above your initial one here today, by @MakeshiftPython
    The only thing that rumor ever came out of was a YouTube channel that likes to play onto the fears of misogynistic incel viewers that believe that women want to take over the world and castrate men for being men. And this all because Star Trek, Doctor Who, Star Wars have women in the lead roles and supposedly upset male fans.

The channel is called Midnight's Edge.
    Thank you @CraigMooreOHMSS.

Déirceach. :)>-
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Reshoot is not a dirty word but since the film is done and they were ready and happy to release it to the public there’s no need to fuel this nonsense also because they spent enough money for this film and they already lost 20/30 millions for marketing.
    Yep... Buffoons like that are the WHINIEST SNOWFLAKES ON THE PLANET.
    CraterGuns wrote: »

I wouldn't put it that way but you do have a point. :-?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    matt_u wrote: »

Reshoot is not a dirty word but since the film is done and they were ready and happy to release it to the public there’s no need to fuel this nonsense also because they spent enough money for this film and they already lost 20/30 millions for marketing.

Now I don't expect that there will be re-shoots, and have every reason that the film is locked and all involved are more than happy with it.

With that said, artist , and filmmakers are artist, often see something in a finished piece , after they have had time to step away from it, that they revise. I'm an artist and part of my process it to "finish" a piece and put it away for weeks, if not months; almost always when I revisit it I tweak something.

So, is shooting additional or revised scenes likely , absolutely not; but, it is a possibility.

Had QoS been shelved for nearly a year after being "locked" , I have little doubt that adjustments would have been made.

Thank you @CraigMooreOHMSS.

Déirceach. :)>-

Fáilte romhat!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited March 2020 Posts: 5,921
    CraterGuns wrote: »

Irony alert. ;)
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited March 2020 Posts: 524
    MGM have posted their year-end 2019 Financial Report

The pdf report can be found here, while the investors call can be heard here.

Some Bond-related comments:

MGM still wants to release No Time To Die in November. They wrote that "We believe that this move will best position the film and the James Bond franchise for success worldwide, although we will likely incur higher marketing costs as a result of the move." and "The change in operating cash flow primarily reflected $352.3 million of higher net cash investment in content during the current year, which included the initial production costs for No Time to Die (...)"

EUHvTf2XgAYvu2j.jpg

Christopher Brearton, COO of MGM, had the following to say:
    "We, like our peers, will experience production delays and shifts in our film and television release calendar, including the rescheduling of No Time To Die, the 25th instalment in the James Bond franchise, from April to November. It takes extraordinary circumstances to postpone a tentpole film that is very near its global release. I want to thank our team and our partners for working so collaboratively to make the right call and to make it at the right time. By being decisive and acting quickly, we were able to secure an advantageous new release date and mitigate costs associated with the date change. Further, it is worth noting that the November release window has been the historical home to James Bond, and that window has worked very well for the franchise in the past. Also, by moving first and securing the Thanksgiving date, we're able to secure Bond's place on the release calendar and mitigate the risk of date crowding, as other films potentially move out of the Spring and Summer. Clearly, given the escalation of the global crisis and the subsequent closure of theatres around the globe, this was the right decision for MGM and the storied (?) James Bond franchise. In short, we remain very excited about No Time To Die."
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    New interview with stunt driver Mark Higgins in Alt Car Magazine:
    https://alt-drivemagazine.com/features/whatsitlikebeing007sstuntdriver
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Some cool info about the DB5's gadgets (including two unused ones) in this post from the Petrolhead thread:
    An excerpt from the new James Bond DB5 book:

FIRE AND SMOKE
    Both gadget cars were also fitted with the Miniguns, which operated on the same principle as the machine guns seen in Skyfall. A pneumatic ram moves the lights and allows the prop guns to protrude. Each gun then moves back and forth to simulate recoil, rotating like a Gatling gun and gas is fed into the barrels and ignited to create realistic muzzle flash. The guns could be activated from inside the car, but for the doughnut sequence they were operated remotely.
    In an extra effect not seen before, the Miniguns also eject shells through the DB5’s side vents as they fire. This was achieved using pressurized tubes that forced out empty shells at the flick of a switch. Traditional Browning-style machine guns as seen in Goldfinger and Skyfall were also included in the gadget cars, but were now built into the top of the rear light clusters, and do not feature in the film.
    The final gadget seen in the pre-credits sequence is the smokescreen – a simple practical effect realized using the same kind of smoke oil used in acrobatic air show displays. This was injected directly into the exhaust manifold of one of the gadget cars, and created enough haze to fill the piazza with a single rotation.
    As in previous films, Bond activates his gadgets using a command console located in the centre armrest of the DB5. Updating the design seen in the Sean Connery era, the console seen in No Time to Die is a lift-out prop designed to fit snugly into the hero cars. Its interior is brushed aluminum with some LED illumination, and it was Fukunaga who asked for the slider to be included among the switches, hinting that the smokescreen can be deployed at varying strengths.
    Though the stunt sequence ends after the smokescreen is activated, one early idea would have extended the scene further. It would have added a whole new threat to the DB5’s arsenal, in the form of an unmaned aerial vehicle – a.k.a. a drone. Launched from the car’s boot, the drone would have guided Bond out from a literal dead end before the scene concluded with Bond driving across Matera’s rooftops and then crashing through a house and its conservatory.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 299

Also, Weisz should be in Bond 26. Make her M!!!

I prefer Ralph Fiennes as M but I like the idea of Rachel Weisz in Bond 26.
    As femme fatale maybe?
    Librarian wrote: »

Also, Weisz should be in Bond 26. Make her M!!!

I prefer Ralph Fiennes as M but I like the idea of Rachel Weisz in Bond 26.
    As femme fatale maybe?

Oh yes! Whatever role. Weisz needs in on this franchise

DVTxILfVoAAVlsf.jpg

But I think they will reboot and need a new M. Weisz could easily step into that role...this photo could be from Bond 26. M and the new Minister of Defence:

page-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    mtm wrote: »
    Some cool info about the DB5's gadgets (including two unused ones) in this post from the Petrolhead thread:

FIRE AND SMOKE
    Both gadget cars were also fitted with the Miniguns, which operated on the same principle as the machine guns seen in Skyfall. A pneumatic ram moves the lights and allows the prop guns to protrude. Each gun then moves back and forth to simulate recoil, rotating like a Gatling gun and gas is fed into the barrels and ignited to create realistic muzzle flash. The guns could be activated from inside the car, but for the doughnut sequence they were operated remotely.
    In an extra effect not seen before, the Miniguns also eject shells through the DB5’s side vents as they fire. This was achieved using pressurized tubes that forced out empty shells at the flick of a switch. Traditional Browning-style machine guns as seen in Goldfinger and Skyfall were also included in the gadget cars, but were now built into the top of the rear light clusters, and do not feature in the film.
    The final gadget seen in the pre-credits sequence is the smokescreen – a simple practical effect realized using the same kind of smoke oil used in acrobatic air show displays. This was injected directly into the exhaust manifold of one of the gadget cars, and created enough haze to fill the piazza with a single rotation.
    As in previous films, Bond activates his gadgets using a command console located in the centre armrest of the DB5. Updating the design seen in the Sean Connery era, the console seen in No Time to Die is a lift-out prop designed to fit snugly into the hero cars. Its interior is brushed aluminum with some LED illumination, and it was Fukunaga who asked for the slider to be included among the switches, hinting that the smokescreen can be deployed at varying strengths.
    Though the stunt sequence ends after the smokescreen is activated, one early idea would have extended the scene further. It would have added a whole new threat to the DB5’s arsenal, in the form of an unmaned aerial vehicle – a.k.a. a drone. Launched from the car’s boot, the drone would have guided Bond out from a literal dead end before the scene concluded with Bond driving across Matera’s rooftops and then crashing through a house and its conservatory.

Adding the link:

November 17, 2020, pre-order

https://www.amazon.com/James-Bonds-Aston-Martin-DB5/dp/1858756103
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,126

Well there was more then just that and there has been more franchises then just those but I don't want to debate. I think it's more appropriate to just relax and take time and to stay safe there is much better energy to be spent on during this crisis.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited March 2020 Posts: 524
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Well there was more then just that and there has been more franchises then just those but I don't want to debate. I think it's more appropriate to just relax and take time and to stay safe there is much better energy to be spent on during this crisis.

If the director of the film posts an Instagram Story 2 days after the delay explicitly stating the film’s done, I tend to believe him. As simple as that.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

If the director of the film posts an Instagram Story 2 days after the delay explicitly stating the film’s done, I tend to believe him. As simple as that.

Often, the simplest answer is the right one!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Contraband wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »

FIRE AND SMOKE

Adding the link:

November 17, 2020, pre-order

https://www.amazon.com/James-Bonds-Aston-Martin-DB5/dp/1858756103

Thank you! :)

Rear machine guns and a drone! That would have been fun.
    God, Daniel looks rough, not ravishing. He looks mid 50's Union man in the fisheries.