No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• I sadly do not expect any major film release until September/October at the earliest. Meaning NTTD and most end-of-year films may well be pushed to 2021.

Hopefully, things might start to turn around by that point if not before then. If NTTD is affected again, I'd rather watch on streaming at that point. I'm trying to stay optimistic about this.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Warner Bros has also indefinitely delayed Scoob! and In The Heights.

The only major blockbuster before Tenet is Top Gun: Maverick.
    Note, Tenet is still on the schedule.....which makes Christopher Nolan's film the first bonafide blockbuster of the year (unless one of the unscheduled Disney films takes a slot first)

I will say this, I'm very excited for Tenet. But apprehensive if it is truly the film to get exhibition off its feet. People will need something really big to entice them out to cinemas. I'm talking Marvel, DC or Star Wars.......

If Tenet does release this July, could it be destined to flop? EON were correct to delay. I was inconsolable for a day or two - what a selfish fool I was.......

In other news, Gal Gadot is so gorgeous in that poster!!! (Note how it says 'In Theatres' debunking any word of the film going to streaming and also not firmly committing to a release in print.

I sadly do not expect any major film release until September/October at the earliest. Meaning NTTD and most end-of-year films may well be pushed to 2021.

Why would this mean NTTD wpuld move from November. I think it was a strategic move that EON and Universal grabbed the November slot. I dont think they are going to give that up to anothet studio if things keep getting pushed
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Warner Bros has also indefinitely delayed Scoob! and In The Heights.

The only major blockbuster before Tenet is Top Gun: Maverick.
    Note, Tenet is still on the schedule.....which makes Christopher Nolan's film the first bonafide blockbuster of the year (unless one of the unscheduled Disney films takes a slot first)

I will say this, I'm very excited for Tenet. But apprehensive if it is truly the film to get exhibition off its feet. People will need something really big to entice them out to cinemas. I'm talking Marvel, DC or Star Wars.......

If Tenet does release this July, could it be destined to flop? EON were correct to delay. I was inconsolable for a day or two - what a selfish fool I was.......

In other news, Gal Gadot is so gorgeous in that poster!!! (Note how it says 'In Theatres' debunking any word of the film going to streaming and also not firmly committing to a release in print.

I sadly do not expect any major film release until September/October at the earliest. Meaning NTTD and most end-of-year films may well be pushed to 2021.

Why would this mean NTTD wpuld move from November. I think it was a strategic move that EON and Universal grabbed the November slot. I dont think they are going to give that up to anothet studio if things keep getting pushed

Only if this coronavirus is still a major problem after the summer, meaning cinemas in the US/Europe are still closed past September, rendering a November release for NTTD impossible. By that point if it got that bad, I would not be surprised that the Oscars/Golden Globes to be cancelled due to the lack of films to nominate. Hopefullyit does not get to that point.
    mtm wrote: »
    I saw the new pic Contraband posted of the Astons: interesting one. I think it's a promo shot but I guess would suggest they were both in Scotland (?), and that if they're both there then Bond is perhaps not driving the Valhalla as his car is present...?

And doesn't the V8 just look ace? :)

I'd take the V8 any day over the Valhalla.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    The Valhalla is the LEAST looking Bondian car I’ve ever seen, let alone looking NOTHING like an Aston Martin.

Aston Martins should always embrace their elegant design language. Elongated bonnets, curvy roofs and that classy horizontal grill with the supple leather interiors.

Leave the Valhalla on the Grand Prix race track. There’s nothing elegant about it.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Am supposed to dislike the Valhalla....but it just so happens that I like it. I know it looks unconventional & it doesn't seem to suit Craig's grounded portrayal of Bond. Maybe the Valhalla looks like a Car meant for Brosnan's Bond....I think we're so used to Craig's Gritty take, that any form of technology that surfaces, just looks out of place.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Nobody has to dislike anything!
    I love them all. Well, except for this one:
    hqdefault.jpg
    Univex wrote: »
    hqdefault.jpg

Definitely prefer this one to the Valhalla – by a large margin.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    hqdefault.jpg

What... is this.
    The Valhalla is bad. They shouldn't have used it in NTTD. I wasn't a big fan of the DB11 in SP either.

I feel the DB7 through the DB9 were great - modern classics. But AM have gone off the boil

Bond should take a break from AM.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 6,677
    Getafix wrote: »
    The Valhalla is bad. They shouldn't have used it in NTTD. I wasn't a big fan of the DB11 in SP either.

I feel the DB7 through the DB9 were great - modern classics. But AM have gone off the boil

I feel the exact opposite ;)
    Good old forums, eh?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited March 2020 Posts: 5,958

I agree. Moore had his own car, and so should Bond #7.
    echo wrote: »

I agree. Moore had his own car, and so should Bond #7.

I say give him a "borrowed" bullitt grey Morgan Plus 4 for a good measure of fun ;)

But that's something for another thread, right? He could even drive the new AM speedster in an elite race against other brands speedsters. Wouldn't that be cool? Bond racing for the Banbury scuderia?

Anyway, another thread...
  • RC7RC7

It’s been cut from NTTD, I think, bar a shot of it parked up somewhere. I would also like them to take a break from AM, or at the very least have Bond in something unique alongside it. This is where over reliance on product placement hampers creativity. There’s way more to Bond and vehicles than just AM.
    Where is Bond's Bentley when you need it.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 11,425
    Good point.

f053a61c-e1a6-477b-99ce-084229237768?w=1080&h=600&mode=crop&cache=false
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    hqdefault.jpg

That's an awesome car; always loved that one!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    The Valhalla will barely feature in the film. Probably just a quick shot in the background.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    silva13 wrote: »
    Maybe Madeline has stockholm syndrome..

We had this in TWINE. But that was not in the Craig-Timeline.

That was a joke, for your information.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    matt_u wrote: »
    The Valhalla will barely feature in the film. Probably just a quick shot in the background.

Probably. We know the Valhalla will only be ft. parked in one or two scenes, the question is where? On what location? Given this picture it might be in the sequence in the woods at the end and it almost makes me think it's gonna be Safins car.

Bond is driving the V8 and DB5 and Nomi has the superleggera, and the Valhalla doesn't fit any other character but it does fit Safin somehow. Just a thought..
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited March 2020 Posts: 972
    I have a strong feeling the movie will be released digitally come November if the situation doesn't improve worldwide. Right now it doesn't look like it's gonna improve TBH. I'm sure I speak for some, or many Bond fans when I say that we just want to see the movie. So for me, i don't mind it being released digitally. And the last thing I want is for them to keep pushing the release to a later date. Was planning to watch it at IMAX but oh well.... Digital release is still better than not getting to see it at all or if it keeps getting delayed and delayed till who knows when this whole Covid-19 will end.
    Contraband wrote: »

Probably. We know the Valhalla will only be ft. parked in one or two scenes, the question is where? On what location? Given this picture it might be in the sequence in the woods at the end and it almost makes me think it's gonna be Safins car.

Bond is driving the V8 and DB5 and Nomi has the superleggera, and the Valhalla doesn't fit any other character but it does fit Safin somehow. Just a thought..

Maybe it will be seen in some hangar inside the airport as seen in some spot. I don't see Safin drive but let's see.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    It's time for a transgendered woman to be a Bond girl. Plus, Bond needs to be on the receiving end of a sex scene. How many times have we seen Bond on top? It would be refreshing and progressive.

talos7 wrote: »
    I know this is a reach but I still think that Safin and his men are at the house in the PTS because they , he, need something. I think that something lies with Madeline.
    Stills show that Safin is experiencing some type of degeneration when he raids the cabin. What if the young Swan was used for genetic experimentation; her parents are trying to hide her but have been unsuccessful . The key to Safin's regeneration may be found in Madeline's blood. He needs her alive ; once she is pulled from the frozen lake he has what he thinks he needs to transcend mortality.

Rape is the ultimate violation but, having your blood forcibly taken would also be incredibly dehumanizing and degrading.
    Any way, I said it was a reach... ;)

Safin is alone at the cabin in the PTS. They cut the henchmen with him before shooting.

That makes the sequence more personal and fits my scenario.

In American Cinematographer it says: "The extended pre-credit sequence (shot in Norway), in which Safin hunts down victims on a frozen lake."

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    It's time for a transgendered woman to be a Bond girl. Plus, Bond needs to be on the receiving end of a sex scene. How many times have we seen Bond on top? It would be refreshing and progressive.

I know this is a reach but I still think that Safin and his men are at the house in the PTS because they , he, need something. I think that something lies with Madeline.
    Stills show that Safin is experiencing some type of degeneration when he raids the cabin. What if the young Swan was used for genetic experimentation; her parents are trying to hide her but have been unsuccessful . The key to Safin's regeneration may be found in Madeline's blood. He needs her alive ; once she is pulled from the frozen lake he has what he thinks he needs to transcend mortality.

Rape is the ultimate violation but, having your blood forcibly taken would also be incredibly dehumanizing and degrading.
    Any way, I said it was a reach... ;)

Safin is alone at the cabin in the PTS. They cut the henchmen with him before shooting.

That makes the sequence more personal and fits my scenario.

In American Cinematographer it says: "The extended pre-credit sequence (shot in Norway), in which Safin hunts down victims on a frozen lake."

This is how the writer choose to describe it; From what we know there is only one person being pursued on the frozen lake, and we have no idea why he’s chasing young Madeline. Apparently she plunges into the frozen water..... and obviously survives.
    If Safin rescued her the question is , why?

• edited March 2020 Posts: 490
    imranbecks wrote: »
    I have a strong feeling the movie will be released digitally come November if the situation doesn't improve worldwide. Right now it doesn't look like it's gonna improve TBH. I'm sure I speak for some, or many Bond fans when I say that we just want to see the movie. So for me, i don't mind it being released digitally. And the last thing I want is for them to keep pushing the release to a later date. Was planning to watch it at IMAX but oh well.... Digital release is still better than not getting to see it at all or if it keeps getting delayed and delayed till who knows when this whole Covid-19 will end.

Agreed 100%. Waiting another year+ to see the film would really suck. Most pandemics last years, not months. Anybody who thinks this will be over by November is ignoring all currently available evidence. Especially with how poorly many governments are responding to this. They should release it digitally and then get right going on B26 rather than waiting another 3 years to even start it.

As far as Safin and the car chase, it was stated in the Total Film article that Safin is commanding his minions from a helicopter, so I don't think he drives in it. We will see though!
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,343
    I refuse to see the most epic modern Bond film ever on a bloody laptop.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

You really need to stop taking everything so seriously.

@imranbecks, it.will.not.happen.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited March 2020 Posts: 972

You know you can cast the video downloaded to a TV right? Surely better than watching through a laptop.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Well with the current state of the world, it just might. Who knows what the situation will be come November.... If it gets better and things are back to normal then good. But if it stays the same or doesn't get better, the movie will either be delayed or they will release it as on demand via digital download.

Heck my plan was to go see it at IMAX. But all that went out the window with the pandemic. My LG tv is no IMAX screen or are my home theater speakers as spectacular as the cinema, but seeing it via on demand is still better than not seeing it at all. The movie has had enough delays as it is.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

You really need to stop taking everything so seriously.

I doubt it will either and I'm sure Barbara would rather delay delay delay until 2022 rather than release to streaming but good lord that would suck.