No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Yes, but you are presenting it as a fact.

Inspiration does not mean 100% copying something.

Yesterday I said that MAYBE NTTD will use this concept and that given Fukunaga’s body of work I wouldn’t discard this idea. So what are u talking about? Never presented as a fact. Just speculation based on logic.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Ah didn't see that post.

Ah didn't see that post.

No problem man.
    :-c
    matt_u wrote: »
    What's with this rape thing all of a sudden?

You do realise that all of that is NOT on the wikipedia page of NTTD?

Or am I missing something?

You’re missing something. This “rape thing” is part of the plot of Unholy Desire the film Fukunaga took as inspiration for NTTD.

So because he took inspiration from that film it means that we will have a rape victim in NTTD?

@Pierce2Daniel Please clarify your sources in the future.

No source, I was speculating. I think this was clear in my first message.

Fukunaga reveals that he took inspiration for NTTD from a 1960's Japanese film called 'Unholy Desire'. That film involves a woman's unhealthy relationship with the man who raped her.

I'm just using the clues available and attempting to make some deductions. Hence why I placed it in 'spoiler' tags, leaving it up to you whether you wished to partake in the conversation.

We know that Madeleine and Safin have some kind of relationship. I think it breaks down something like this:
    • He was sent to kill Mr White as a younger man
    • He didn't go it, and instead saved Madeleine
    • Spectre then recruited him.
    • He fell in love with Madeleine and possibly raped her.

The Michael Jackson documentary shined a real light on abuse victims and showed that often they never viewed themselves as victims. In fact, they were deeply in love with the person that abused them. so much so that now they are older they struggle to reconcile their feelings of love with what should be hate. It's incredibly emotionally complex....There was a terrific film with Rooney Mara on such a subject, called 'Una.' Check it out.

This would be different as Safin may have raped Madeleine and been of a similar age. But the complexity of emotion - between love and hate - is just as murky. Hence why she may feel compelled to help him at some point in the plot.
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    Maybe Madeline has stockholm syndrome..
    Also....in other news, Collider are doing an online series interviewing people. they just did one with Michael Giacchino.

I sent a message to the head of Collider suggesting they ask Cary Fukunaga for an interview. The head of Collider 'liked' my message. It be awesome if they could get Cary. It certainly be something to help us all through self-isolation.

Maybe if we re-tweet, favourite, like, send our own tweets, we can create some momentum and try and get Cary and Collider's attention and make this happen????

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    They are not going to have the plot element of an underaged Madeleine being raped.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    @Pierce2Daniel

It's called "Hybristophilla" or passion victim in which sexual arousal, facilitation, and attainment of orgasm are responsive to and contingent upon, it mostly happens with women. These women usually are delusional and will try to find excuses for what the criminal did. They will develop relationships with a criminal and feel that they are special even though their lover may have killed numerous people, they think he would never harm her. They usually feel that they can “change” their lover and have rescue fantasies. Passive hybristophiliacs tends to put themselves in positions to be seduced, manipulated, and lied to by the people they fall for. Teens especially, have the unfortunate reputation for wanting to find a partner who fits the bad boy image(reason why fifty shades of Gray was such a massive hit) and is so strongly paired with sexual arousal; they need to be with a notorious partner to achieve sexual pleasure. For instance, it is well known that serial killers particularly those who have received lots of media publicity receive lots of fan mail from female admirers, such as Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Richard Ramirez .
    Through an biological & evolutionary perspective, these females have some kind of unconscious biological drive that would view any children of such men as having a better chance of survival, not that it would matter much today but it still exists.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT-Jzhtg7aFMKgiGmg4wHRX99o6xuJIh4B64flWBt3DOpzpqd_M

Even though i don't support this subplot but it does makes the film more intriguing, Swann being a psychologist and as james bond's has been called an abuser/harasser many times before , saving Madeline from that trauma would definitely change that misogynist image and this is something PWB & Cary fukunaga might be interested in. It's a complex theory not sure how i feel about having such intense subplot in a bond film. The woman who was lying there might have the answer to our question, could be Madeline or her mother.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSQAqC31Yh8GXQGmsSL473EuCmLQGYGQS2kpOPlb11NkOx4foUn
    Dig some information about that mask which may resemble the story and tone of the film.
    Onnamen Noh mask represent women, used for a wide variety of roles, plus masks with troubled expressions for crazed women (masugami, etc.), sublime expressions for angels (zō), and subtly intense expressions for possessed or divine beings (deigan). Middle-aged women have leaner faces, with unsmiling lips and heavy eyelids often shadowed by the eye socket bone, it exposes the inner struggle and suffering of the loss of youth and the approach of death. They are made not to express any feelings clearly, so a mask can express anger in a moment and satisfaction in another, tilts up a little bit gives an impression of a subtle smile and tilts down a little bit gives an impression of sadness. It used to portray that the character was madly in love, words such as pure and innocent do not adequately describe her, still blissfully ignorant of the eternal love/hate dynamics of relations between the sexes.
    @Pierce2Daniel
    The woman who was lying there might have the answer to our question, could be Madeline or her mother.

My first thought when I saw this was that it is Madeline's mother and she been killed in her sleep.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    talos7 wrote: »
    @Pierce2Daniel
    The woman who was lying there might have the answer to our question, could be Madeline or her mother.

My first thought when I saw this was that it is Madeline's mother and she been killed in her sleep.

By Swann .. who's in that mask in that screencap

(my ten cents)
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,343
    He’s obviously Safin from the prologue scene in the cabin.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2020 Posts: 2,541
    @Pierce2Daniel

Exactly, it doesn't have to be rape of a child (Madeline). Maybe that mask reminded her about how her mother was tortured all those years ago, that would explain why she cut off all contacts with her father and what his life brought to her.
    Contraband wrote: »
    @Pierce2Daniel

By Swann .. who's in that mask in that screencap

(my ten cents)

By Swann???, no by one of the intruders, probably Safin.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    What's with this rape thing all of a sudden?

You do realise that all of that is NOT on the wikipedia page of NTTD?

Or am I missing something?

You’re missing something. This “rape thing” is part of the plot of Unholy Desire the film Fukunaga took as inspiration for NTTD.

So because he took inspiration from that film it means that we will have a rape victim in NTTD?

@Pierce2Daniel Please clarify your sources in the future.

No source, I was speculating. I think this was clear in my first message.

Fukunaga reveals that he took inspiration for NTTD from a 1960's Japanese film called 'Unholy Desire'. That film involves a woman's unhealthy relationship with the man who raped her.

I'm just using the clues available and attempting to make some deductions. Hence why I placed it in 'spoiler' tags, leaving it up to you whether you wished to partake in the conversation.

We know that Madeleine and Safin have some kind of relationship. I think it breaks down something like this:
    • He was sent to kill Mr White as a younger man
    • He didn't go it, and instead saved Madeleine
    • Spectre then recruited him.
    • He fell in love with Madeleine and possibly raped her.

The Michael Jackson documentary shined a real light on abuse victims and showed that often they never viewed themselves as victims. In fact, they were deeply in love with the person that abused them. so much so that now they are older they struggle to reconcile their feelings of love with what should be hate. It's incredibly emotionally complex....There was a terrific film with Rooney Mara on such a subject, called 'Una.' Check it out.

This would be different as Safin may have raped Madeleine and been of a similar age. But the complexity of emotion - between love and hate - is just as murky. Hence why she may feel compelled to help him at some point in the plot.

If that is the case...
    Why did White not only survive that attack, but also survise the next decade or so? Obviously, a contract was out on his life...you don't usually get to talk your way out of that.

My thinking is that Safin was part of a team sent there to do something else. Whatever that is (take the mother or intimidate White into taking some sort of action) I don't know.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Also, if Madeleine's mother was killed, Mr. White must have remarried since he said:

"She left long ago," not "She died long ago."
    silva13 wrote: »

Or maybe Norway is standing in for Stockholm... :-?
    echo wrote: »
    Also, if Madeleine's mother was killed, Mr. White must have remarried since he said:

"She left long ago," not "She died long ago."

"Left" could now mean killed. There is a certain amount of retconning going on here.

New LL content.............looking good 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    For a whyle i whant to do something with virus ball picture.

NTTD-24-March-2020.jpg
    I know this is a reach but I still think that Safin and his men are at the house in the PTS because they , he, need something. I think that something lies with Madeline.
    Stills show that Safin is experiencing some type of degeneration when he raids the cabin. What if the young Swan was used for genetic experimentation; her parents are trying to hide her but have been unsuccessful . The key to Safin's regeneration may be found in Madeline's blood. He needs her alive ; once she is pulled from the frozen lake he has what he thinks he needs to transcend mortality.

Rape is the ultimate violation but, having your blood forcibly taken would also be incredibly dehumanizing and degrading.
    Any way, I said it was a reach... ;)
    He probably thought he had killed Madeline ;)

No Time To Inception
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    silva13 wrote: »

We had this in TWINE. But that was not in the Craig-Timeline.
    I know this is a reach but I still think that Safin and his men are at the house in the PTS because they , he, need something. I think that something lies with Madeline.
    Stills show that Safin is experiencing some type of degeneration when he raids the cabin. What if the young Swan was used for genetic experimentation; her parents are trying to hide her but have been unsuccessful . The key to Safin's regeneration may be found in Madeline's blood. He needs her alive ; once she is pulled from the frozen lake he has what he thinks he needs to transcend mortality.

Rape is the ultimate violation but, having your blood forcibly taken would also be incredibly dehumanizing and degrading.

Safin is alone at the cabin in the PTS. They cut the henchmen with him before shooting.

Safin is alone at the cabin in the PTS. They cut the henchmen with him before shooting.

Or... maybe he cut THEM ;-)

That makes the sequence more personal and fits my scenario.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,957
    I saw the new pic Contraband posted of the Astons: interesting one. I think it's a promo shot but I guess would suggest they were both in Scotland (?), and that if they're both there then Bond is perhaps not driving the Valhalla as his car is present...?

And doesn't the V8 just look ace? :)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Note, Tenet is still on the schedule.....which makes Christopher Nolan's film the first bonafide blockbuster of the year (unless one of the unscheduled Disney films takes a slot first)

I will say this, I'm very excited for Tenet. But apprehensive if it is truly the film to get exhibition off its feet. People will need something really big to entice them out to cinemas. I'm talking Marvel, DC or Star Wars.......

If Tenet does release this July, could it be destined to flop? EON were correct to delay. I was inconsolable for a day or two - what a selfish fool I was.......

In other news, Gal Gadot is so gorgeous in that poster!!! (Note how it says 'In Theatres' debunking any word of the film going to streaming and also not firmly committing to a release in print.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Warner Bros has also indefinitely delayed Scoob! and In The Heights.

The only major blockbuster before Tenet is Top Gun: Maverick.
    Note, Tenet is still on the schedule.....which makes Christopher Nolan's film the first bonafide blockbuster of the year (unless one of the unscheduled Disney films takes a slot first)

I will say this, I'm very excited for Tenet. But apprehensive if it is truly the film to get exhibition off its feet. People will need something really big to entice them out to cinemas. I'm talking Marvel, DC or Star Wars.......

If Tenet does release this July, could it be destined to flop? EON were correct to delay. I was inconsolable for a day or two - what a selfish fool I was.......

In other news, Gal Gadot is so gorgeous in that poster!!! (Note how it says 'In Theatres' debunking any word of the film going to streaming and also not firmly committing to a release in print.

I sadly do not expect any major film release until September/October at the earliest. Meaning NTTD and most end-of-year films may well be pushed to 2021.