Last James Bond track or theme you listened to...

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited February 2020 Posts: 23,105
    Girl Trouble

This is a good cover @vzok
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Tom Jones Live 50th Anniversary

I love Dame Judi Dench's reaction
    No Time To Die | Official Trailer Music Cover

This is good

This is good

It’s nice when the cover version doesn’t stick absolutely slavishly to the original. Their Bond Meets Solitaire is more mellow and less dramatic
    vzok wrote: »

This is good

It’s nice when the cover version doesn’t stick absolutely slavishly to the original. Their Bond Meets Solitaire is more mellow and less dramatic

I appreciate the odd variation in covers of great tracks, it offers a different perspective.
    NTTD Orchestral

Wow!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 12,914
    Very very nice orchestral version @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. And remix.

I recognize the cross-overs to "Skyfall" and "The Writing's on the Wall" and "Another Way to Die". And even non-canon "No Good About Goodbye". To me that's very appropriate and welcomed, in the spirit "You Know My Name" and Vesper's theme were written to overlay the Bond theme.

Also for me it's proof positive how well it lends itself to the score proper. Some bold and smart choices in play here.

Very very nice orchestral version @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. And remix.

I recognize the cross-overs to "Skyfall" and "The Writing's on the Wall" and "Another Way to Die". And even non-canon "No Good About Goodbye". To me that's very appropriate and welcomed, in the spirit "You Know My Name" and Vesper's theme were written to overlay the Bond theme.

Also for me it's proof positive how well it lends itself to the score proper. Some bold and smart choices in play here.

Blew me away despite being a raw cover, I have high hopes for the score if its anything like this cover. Its brilliant
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 565
    One of my favorite remixes...
    The Jakatta version made danceable.
    JamesStock wrote: »
    One of my favorite remixes...
    The Jakatta version made danceable.

The Jakkata version is great, I have not heard this dance version before it's good.

It's becoming very clear the strength of this song is in the Orchestral version, it's a very good theme.
    Whiteout
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    A View To A Kill because I just watched it last night, and haven’t put on my 007 Spotify list today at all yet. Maybe will start with Boum! from Skyfall.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld

Love the way the music matches the tension of the action. It instantly creates a mood and builds and builds!

Always loved this, so much hope in the theme.
  • Agent7777Agent7777 England

Love the way this slowly builds up over the first minute and then completely takes off, and just when you think it's nearly over, there's a final flourish. Superb.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Chris Cornell - You Know My Name - London Royal Albert Hall 03 May 2016
    Murdock wrote: »
    City of Prague's version of Ice Bandits was very miss in my book. But most of their Bond work is pretty solid. I wish they would do more. I'd love to see them do a TND through SP album. Maybe for the 60th anniversary.
    I like that version. They've had worse efforts, for sure. I recall a rather unenergetic performance of the Bond theme in one of their albums, with the brass in the B section lagging behind at times. For the most part the orchestra was solid in the nineties and noughties in their Bond work, though I do think it has improved its playing and/or conducting over the years.

It appears to be based on the version heard in The Bond Suite from the album Beatles to Bond and Bach.

I'm gaining some more appreciation for the wah-wah brass. I think I'd enjoy it even more if it had more reverb.
    Has anybody listened to Rich Douglas' NSNA rescore? It's really good. The whole album is available to buy in the usual music places, and is also on Spotify.

Really cool gunbarrel and use of the 007 theme. That sleazy touch at 2:12 is good.

That eerie flute/vibraphone moment at 1:26 is pretty cool.

I really like this romantic motif at the beginning. It pops up again in the full album.

Rich wanted to inject some 80s synth sound here, to suit the year the film was made. Also, I melt when the Bond theme is played in this key.

There is more in the full album. It's really solid underscore for the most part. One thing I missed hearing was a full-fledged, proper "NSNA theme". The film needs a main theme. But it's a very enjoyable album nonetheless.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 23,105
    @mattjoes not bad at all I will seek out the NSNA complete rescore.
    ---
    Sheena Easton-FOR YOUR EYES ONLY-w/Bill Conti & The San Diego Symphony, May 9, 2014-Live-James Bond

For Your Eyes Only

Moonraker

You Only Live Twice

Loved this song long before I saw the film.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    007 and counting came up in my shuffle today! Loved the majesty of the piece!

Just listened to the full Goldfinger score whilst in the gym, great soundtrack I don't listen to it enough in its entirety.
    This is John Barry's 1971 re-recording of OHMSS--notice the heavier synth and added drums!