No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Zekidk wrote: »
    Total lockdown here in Denmark. Cinemas closed until further notice.

Feel pretty ashamed of myself for expressing that postponing NTTD was an overreaction. That was then. But they were just way ahead of me and many people here.

Luckily I have a mancave, a projector and a Bond collection :-)

It's rare, especially on internet forums, to see a person admit when he was wrong. Well done, sir. You certainly were not alone!
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    A quiet place part 2 has been delayed per Jim Halpert the director

Well, as long as you don't call him Jack Ryan...
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    A quiet place part 2 has been delayed per Jim Halpert the director

Well, as long as you don't call him Jack Ryan...

I love his take on Jack Ryan
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Fast and Furious 9’s release just got pushed back AN ENTIRE YEAR.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/fast-and-furious-9-vin-diesel-coronavirus-1203531860/

Here we go.
    Bond ultimately coming out the winner here by grabbing its favourite November slot while others like Fast have to go to 21...
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 309
    antovolk wrote: »
    Bond ultimately coming out the winner here by grabbing its favourite November slot while others like Fast have to go to 21...

EON was ahead of the game. Interestingly, NTTD could be the highest grossing film of 2020 depending on how well WW84 and BW perform.
    Burgess wrote: »

EON was ahead of the game. Interestingly, NTTD could be the highest grossing film of 2020 depending on how well WW84 and BW perform.

Yeah as much as I hate it and I remain deeply skeptical that the film won't get delayed again, that was an EXTREMELY savvy move by Eon and I respect their prudence in making that call.

This should go down as an excellent case study in business strategy and forecasting. They secured the next best spot and everybody else has to maneuver around them now.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 4,400
    Wow....the dominoes begin to fall. Disney are the only ones holding out and Warner may weather storm going into June and July....I imagine the Fast and Furious fans are all in mourning. I thought the 7 month NTTD delay was bad enough. Jeez, a year?!?!

Nonetheless, this mess must get Eon thinking that the theatrical game is too dubious for it's own good. If you ask me, it's time for 007 to go to streaming...

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19512/could-007-head-to-a-streaming-service/p1

Get Apple or Netflix for Bond 26!!!!

james-bond-apple.jpg

Bond is built for streaming, you can click through and binge 25 other films before getting the main event

james-bond-movies-on-US-NEtflix.jpg

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Wow....the dominoes begin to fall. Disney are the only ones holding out and Warner may weather storm going into June and July....I imagine the Fast and Furious fans are all in mourning. I thought the 7 month NTTD delay was bad enough. Jeez, a year?!?!

Nonetheless, this mess must get Eon thinking that the theatrical game is too dubious for it's own good. If you ask me, it's time for 007 to go to streaming...

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19512/could-007-head-to-a-streaming-service/p1

james-bond-apple.jpg

No, thank you.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I honestly wouldn’t mind streaming new Bond films. Set up the ‘premiere’ event any way you like... but then you have to rely on your own technology//internet connection to get the experience you want... I don’t mind it at all TBH.
    I can understand for older folks (even my father is 60 years old and doesn't like to go to theatres) but what the hell is wrong with people of my generation, too lazy to get to the theatres. I say no thank you to streaming services.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    I honestly wouldn’t mind streaming new Bond films. Set up the ‘premiere’ event any way you like... but then you have to rely on your own technology//internet connection to get the experience you want... I don’t mind it at all TBH.

At this point I am 100% behind this. We have the rest of our lives to catch it at the odd theatrical screening.

Aye, I'm in agreement. Streaming is best. This year is really going to shake up the industry, for better or worse.
    I don’t think Hollywood is ready to leave hundreds of millions of dollars on the the table. The types of films deemed worthy of a theatrical release may change/shift but, for big budget blockbusters like Bond, we’re still years away from switching to an all streaming model.
    I can wait till November to see NTTD in theaters. If it becomes necessary to delay it again, however, then by all means, stream the heck out of this thing! I don't want to wait till 2021 for a new Bond movie!
    I can wait till November to see NTTD in theaters. If it becomes necessary to delay it again, however, then by all means, stream the heck out of this thing! I don't want to wait till 2021 for a new Bond movie!

YES PLEASE. I would pay $$ to stream it in November and the happily again in 2021 or beyond if it ever goes to theaters.
  • Contraband wrote: »
    Is this real?

ertert wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Is this real?

It´s real! I take it from the Total Film Magazine and edit it for my NTTD Teaser Poster.

I like your artworks @mtm & @bartnikp B-)

A new No Time To Die Artwork from me. It´s a International & US Teaser Poster Release November 2020.
    I want to show the difference between the US and International versions in credits. It is interesting to see the criteria under which the PG13 rating was given.

3tddwp96.jpg

Original size on Deviant Art: http://fav.me/dds4q9a

s7u3dixg.jpg

Original size on Deviant Art: http://fav.me/dds4r1y

Enjoy!

WOW THIS IS GREAT. Way better than any of the official posters.
    You´re welcome! ;)

I´m glad you like my poster. ;)

Seeing something so obviously geared towards a big screen experience (especially with the use of IMAX) on a much smaller screen seems like a big waste to me, personally.

But I'm still a huge fan of going to the cinema.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Burgess wrote: »

Yeah as much as I hate it and I remain deeply skeptical that the film won't get delayed again, that was an EXTREMELY savvy move by Eon and I respect their prudence in making that call.

This should go down as an excellent case study in business strategy and forecasting. They secured the next best spot and everybody else has to maneuver around them now.

Exactly.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Is this real?

Is this real?

It´s real! I take it from the Total Film Magazine and edit it for my NTTD Teaser Poster.

A new No Time To Die Artwork from me. It´s a International & US Teaser Poster Release November 2020.
    I want to show the difference between the US and International versions in credits. It is interesting to see the criteria under which the PG13 rating was given.

3tddwp96.jpg

s7u3dixg.jpg

Enjoy!

You´re welcome! ;)

Didn't see your response until now. And yes, great poster
  • Wow....the dominoes begin to fall. Disney are the only ones holding out and Warner may weather storm going into June and July....I imagine the Fast and Furious fans are all in mourning. I thought the 7 month NTTD delay was bad enough. Jeez, a year?!?!

james-bond-apple.jpg

No, thank you.

james-bond-apple.jpg

No, thank you.
    +1 Cinema for Bond 26!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,043
    I don't go to the cinema much at all but the thought of not catching a Bond film on the big screen on release makes me very sad.

Like @CraigMooreOHMSS says, whats the point with shooting it on IMAX if you aren't catching it on a huge screen the first time you see it.

Yes home cinema systems are getting better and better but nothing will replace that feeling of seeing it at the cinema.

So a big no from me, by all means stream to heck out it once is has finished its theatrical run but for me I hope they also continue to release it physically on Blu ray and UHD.

Who cares about DVD, there is a format that should have been dead and buried at least 5 years ago.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    I'd say we made out pretty decently compared to the Fast & Furious fans.
  • RC7RC7
    Seeing something so obviously geared towards a big screen experience (especially with the use of IMAX) on a much smaller screen seems like a big waste to me, personally.

Quite right. Bond is event cinema in the truest sense. Screw streaming.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited March 2020 Posts: 7,518
    There are many good arguments for both. As long as Bond films are shown in theatres that’s how I’ll watch them, but the writings on the wall for big box commercial movie theatres.
    In Vancouver we have Cineplex which is like our AMC type fare and the experiences here are generally bad IMO. Talking, phone use, inflated prices, uncomfortable seats. But you do get the big screen and sound. I could certainly do without these theatres and would take a home experience 80% of the time. Then we have VanCity Theatre and Cinematheque which do special theatrical events, and the former is where our VIFF is held. Catching a Bond film in this respectful environment is sublime and will try to catch any and all Bond screenings in these theatres.
  • Contraband wrote: »
    Is this real?

Is this real?

3tddwp96.jpg

s7u3dixg.jpg

Enjoy!

You´re welcome! ;)

Didn't see your response until now. And yes, great poster
    No problem, mate. I´m glad you like my poster. ;)
    Home theatres can never replace a cinema experience, never.
    RC7 wrote: »

Indeed.

"Hey Dad, lets watch the new Bond on Friday!"
    "Sure thing! Where?"
    "The living room!"

It doesn't quite have the same magic.
    RC7 wrote: »

Agreed but if it means waiting til 2021 or later I'm all for it.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Home theatres can never replace a cinema experience, never.

For the most part, I agree. Certain types of films are most definitely created for that experience. Aside from Bond, I'm thinking of the Star Wars and Marvel films, as well as horror films. Smaller, more intimate films: not so much. I don't think Marriage Story is diminished because it's seen on Netflix, as opposed to a big screen.

The most compelling piece of filmmaking I have seen in 2020 is HBO's The Outsider, a ten-part series meant for TV. Damn was it good.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    I'm all for streaming. Phone addiction has massively impacted the experience. The price of snacks and drinks is ludicrous too now. Plus, you can pause a film to pop to the toilet or make a drink. Used to love the cinema, but it isn't what it was. I'd be watching Bond 25 next month if Netflix bought out MGM.