No Time to Die production thread

Comments

antovolk wrote: »
    silva13 wrote: »
    @ertert or like someone else said even google play and do a cinema release later. Is this unprecedented?
    Craig has certainly held it together and had his strength tested and CF has proved his worth. If we ever see this movie and it is amazing, I hope CF gets to do another with a less dramatic production.

Never happened on a major film like this and won't - major cinema chains simply won't play it.

The Irishman?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    no-time-to-die-02.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200

Cool. But where in the holy hell did that come from?
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    Zekidk wrote: »
    @ertert or like someone else said even google play and do a cinema release later. Is this unprecedented?
    Craig has certainly held it together and had his strength tested and CF has proved his worth. If we ever see this movie and it is amazing, I hope CF gets to do another with a less dramatic production.

Never happened on a major film like this and won't - major cinema chains simply won't play it.

The Irishman?

Was the Irishman selected? It didn't play at my local.

What other options would have if the situation is still this bad in November? Delay to 2021? There is no evidence the outbreak will be finished by then.
    It premiered here in several theatres around the same time it was available for streaming.
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    It premiered here in several theatres around the same time it was available for streaming.

Lucky.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 12,996
    I know this won't and probably can't happen, but wouldn't it be amazing if EON, as a little thank you for the fans' patience over the next 7 months, shot a low key short film with Daniel Craig in the role and released it online over the summer. I'm thinking of something like the QoS short story, or 007 in New York. Nothing with action, just Fleming's story on screen, dialogue and good acting etc. Something to soften the blow...
    I've been suggesting that for years, @FatherValentine.

Short feature. A natural remedy to any lurch.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I really am curious now on how they will market it
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Almost none though.
  • Seven more months to look forward to, speculate, debate and discus the new movie. Probably the right decision by Eon/Universal/ MGM. By April and the months beyond, the outbreak will be at it's peak. Obsessive Bond fans may still go to see the new film but many mainstream punters won't. We should stay calm ....we will see the film in cinemas.........eventually.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    I know this won't and probably can't happen, but wouldn't it be amazing if EON, as a little thank you for the fans' patience over the next 7 months, shot a low key short film with Daniel Craig in the role and released it online over the summer. I'm thinking of something like the QoS short story, or 007 in New York. Nothing with action, just Fleming's story on screen, dialogue and good acting etc. Something to soften the blow...
    I've been suggesting that for years, @Valentine.

Short feature. A natural remedy to any lurch.

Be good, wouldn't it?
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    ertert wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    EON made the right decision. Tough call, but it's the best option for now.
    And no, it won't backfire. Bond will be more than fine being released in November.

How can anyone even be sure the film will actually be released in November at this point?

I'm skeptical honestly. This virus isn't going anywhere. It may die down in the Summer but will surely be back with a vengeance this Fall.

I could easily see it being delayed again or sold to a streaming platform. I have no knowledge of the movie business I just know anyone betting on this virus being contained by then are likely to be wrong.

But how do you delay a £250m investment? Your at a loss until the money comes in? Plus sponsorship commitments and contracts? These studios must have obscene cash flow to allow this.
    Are there chances for substantial edits to the plot? Especially given the rumors about Safin's plan? Could Universal force Eon to make changes to the film if they think the current plot would be in poor taste?
    Are there chances for substantial edits to the plot? Especially given the rumors about Safin's plan? Could Universal force Eon to make changes to the film if they think the current plot would be in poor taste?

You would have to scrap the film. Safins scheme or plot is apparently pretty integral to his character and narrative of the film.

Plus the scientist in Cuba.

Too much to change.
  • Astonishing that not one of Craig's films has come out when originally intended. CR I think they were orginially planning for a 2005 release, QoS was originally slated for May 2008, Skyfall was originally due in 2011, Spectre in 2014, NTTD has had October 2019, February 2020, April 2020 and November 2020 release dates.
    Just found out this news now.

FFS!!!

At this point we might as well just forget NTTD.

I think NTTD will end up being the last film in the series anyway.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,167

This is plausible. If Ridley Scott can erase Spacey entirely from his movie with some reshooting, the "biological warfare" element in NTTD could be turned into something else as well.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,935
    Kind of bizarre we’re at the point where magazines are arriving on the shelves with this film on their covers but there’s no film! :) I guess it’s doubtful they’d want to do two issues this year with the same movie on the cover, plus they probably wouldn’t have enough material to make two sets of articles out of! So that’s a big bit of promo presumably gone...

This is plausible. If Ridley Scott can erase Spacey entirely from his movie with some reshooting, the "biological warfare" element in NTTD could be turned into something else as well.

I really hope not but just wanted to throw it out there. Cary seems like the type to fight tooth and nail over to maintain his vision. I think that's why he quit or was fired from IT.

The one comforting thing is....the movie is DONE. It actually exists. This is way better than 2016-17 when it was uncertain if DC would actually return. Then again in 2018 when Boyle was fired and we didn't even know if this damn movie was going to be made at all.

Now it's not a matter of If, but When we see it.

I just really hope they can stick to the November release and not push it further.

The could have probably shot B26 between now and the new release date.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    The could have probably shot B26 between now and the new release date.

I hope they don't mess with the film between now and November, and "over engineer" it. Maybe they can use this time to get a jump start on Bond 26, put some thought into a new team of writers, think of a possible story...
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,167
    The one comforting thing is....the movie is DONE.
    It will turn into a new workprint. They are not going to let it sit on the harddrive for 7 months without tampering with it. Most likely they will finetune the CGI, the score, the sound effects, maybe reshoot some establishing shots, etc.
    mtm wrote: »
    So that’s a big bit of promo presumably gone...
    This should be a great concern. The title theme is a hit now. There's a buzz about the movie now. You can't just recreate all that after a 7 month hiatus.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    The one comforting thing is....the movie is DONE.
    It will turn into a new workprint. They are not going to let it sit on the harddrive for 7 months without tampering with it. Most likely they will finetune the CGI, the score, the sound effects, maybe reshoot some establishing shots, etc.

More time for post, editing, refining = good.
    Using the time to mess with the story = bad.
    I understand this is the smart and safe decision to do, but just so annoyed. We waited 5 years for this movie and I have never seen a Bond film that didn't come out in November. I was looking forward to the change of a spring release for once.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    My plan now:
    1) catch coronavirus
    2) get hooked up with the make a wish foundation
    3) wish to see NTTD early

It’s a foolproof plan :)

That's everyone's back-up plan now. :))
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 6,677
    What will they do until November? More trailers? Photos? Will the appearances in talk shows be delayed? Will they let it slide into oblivion and the pick it up by the end of Summer? Will they redo the posters with the new date? How will they keep the marketing machine working for the next 8 months? Will the new trailer still be released next Monday?

And what about films like Top Gun: Maverick? Will they do the same thing? I mean, MI:7's filming was canceled in Venice just the other day. How will this affect the cinema industry this year?

All good and yet to be answered questions, right?
    I have a huge April planned with many exciting things that are happening and NTTD was one of those things. Bummed its not happening in April now.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I have a huge April planned with many exciting things that are happening and NTTD was one of those things. Bummed its not happening in April now.

Hell, it was my birthday :(
    So bummed.
    Univex wrote: »
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Hell, it was my birthday :(
    So bummed.

I feel ya. I was born in 1991 and any Bond movie I have seen in theaters have been a November release. I was looking forward to a different time for once.