No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Also what happens if this thing gets a lot worse and its even more unseemly to release a film about bio warfare in November than it would have been in mid-April? They gonna have to delay it a full year to November 2021?
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 490
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Also what happens if this thing gets a lot worse and its even more unseemly to release a film about bio warfare in November than it would have been in mid-April? They gonna have to delay it a full year to November 2021?

That's what I'm saying. This makes zero sense the more I think about it. I can absolutely see a delay to 2021
    I’m just not even counting on getting to see it at this point. Just when I had thought a month before release we’d finally get to have the film, we get this stupid move. I don’t even mind if the story leaks at this point - at least I’d finally get to know what happens without more unnecessary waiting.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I’m just not even counting on getting to see it at this point. Just when I had thought a month before release we’d finally get to have the film, we get this stupid move. I don’t even mind if the story leaks at this point - at least I’d finally get to know what happens without more unnecessary waiting.

I plan to avoid story leaks unless I'm literally dying of the coronavirus.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    ertert wrote: »
    EON made the right decision. Tough call, but it's the best option for now.
    And no, it won't backfire. Bond will be more than fine being released in November.

How can anyone even be sure the film will actually be released in November at this point?

I'm skeptical honestly. This virus isn't going anywhere. It may die down in the Summer but will surely be back with a vengeance this Fall.

I could easily see it being delayed again or sold to a streaming platform. I have no knowledge of the movie business I just know anyone betting on this virus being contained by then are likely to be wrong.

In 8 months people will get more used to it. In the next month the virus will likely spread “officially” worldwide and panic will reign. In 7 months we will know more about the virus. Given the actual situation delaying the film is a reasonable choice. Hard to accept but reasonable.
    matt_u wrote: »
    And no, it won't backfire. Bond will be more than fine being released in November.

How can anyone even be sure the film will actually be released in November at this point?

I'm skeptical honestly. This virus isn't going anywhere. It may die down in the Summer but will surely be back with a vengeance this Fall.

I could easily see it being delayed again or sold to a streaming platform. I have no knowledge of the movie business I just know anyone betting on this virus being contained by then are likely to be wrong.

In 8 months people will get more used to it. In the next month the virus will likely spread “officially” worldwide and panic will reign. In 7 months we will know more about the virus. Given the actual situation delaying the film is a reasonable choice. Hard to accept but reasonable.

It is but there's no evidence the virus will be gone. People will still be getting sick and there very well could still be rolling quarantines in some markets.
    They may be right in making this bet. I'm just saying it might not be much better in November.
    matt_u wrote: »

It is but there's no evidence the virus will be gone. People will still be getting sick and there very well could still be rolling quarantines in some markets.

Yes there’s no evidence but now the timing is just the worse ever possible.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    This literally ruined my day, probably my next whole month.
    We are all getting ramped up, getting excited, buying our tickets and then what?
    I dont even know how to handle this news or deal with it
    Movie theatres have steadily been closing down because stiff competition from Netflix, Amazon etc, and with this new fear mongoring I am not sure there will be any left in November!
    Anyway I’m not surprised. Given the perspective of what will likely happen in March/April I was prepared for this. I even predicted it a couple days ago in another thread...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,930
    Contraband wrote: »
    It seems like Craig is still on for Saturday, hosting SNL. Three clip uploaded

The visit on Jimmy Fallon tomorrow has been cancelled. Other guests now.

Still wiki-listed as a guest on Grahams show in April but that should be scrapped any day now and rescheduled in the fall.

SNL:
    https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/daniel-craig-cant-shake-his-007-habits-at-snl/4126891

I was kind of hoping he’d still do Fallon: the delay seems a good thing to talk about.
    Walecs wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    I'd rather risk getting the virus and seeing the film tbh.

You’re happy to pass it to any family members over 60 or young children and risk them dying then? So you can watch a movie?

Human beings are virus themselves. They've been destroying the planet, keep killing and torturing other people or animals, children are subject to child labour, wars and slavery are still a thing etc. Not OP here but yes, I'd be happy to pass the coronavirus to as many people as possible, even more so if a Bond movie was my reward for that.

I don’t know how comfortable I am being on a forum where the members appear to be serious about wanting to kill as many people as possible. That’s really not normal. It’s not even a funny thing to joke about, if he is even joking.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,437
    Pathe.nl (Offical pathe cinema website)
    Er is door MGM, Universal en de Bond-producenten besloten de James Bond-film No Time To Die internationaal uit te stellen naar 12 november aanstaande vanwege de ontwikkelingen rond het coronavirus. Een belangrijke reden voor dit besluit is dat in China bioscopen gesloten zijn en dat daardoor James Bond in die regio veel bezoekers zou missen. Bij Pathé in Nederland zien we geen wijzigingen in de bezoekersaantallen ten opzichte van vorige jaren.
    We vinden het uitstel van No Time To Die bijzonder vervelend voor onze bezoekers. Wij kijken samen met hen al tijden uit naar de 25ste James Bond-film. Wij kunnen uiteraard niets anders doen dan de producent hierin volgen.
    Bezoekers die al tickets hebben gekocht, worden binnenkort door Pathé per mail geïnformeerd met de boodschap dat de tickets geannuleerd worden. In deze mail zullen we direct de mogelijkheid bieden om nieuwe tickets te kopen voor voorstellingen vanaf 12 november.

With 12 November as UK and 25 November as American release date and comment from pathe, the Dutch release date wil possible 18 November.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    even though the open letter from mi6 probably had little to do with delaying the film, I feel it necessary to take my anger out on them for being self righteous and spoiling everyone else's experience
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    even though the open letter from mi6 probably had little to do with delaying the film, I feel it necessary to take my anger out on them for being self righteous and spoiling everyone else's experience

Yeah it only made the news yesterday: I doubt they’d have found a whole load of international release dates in that time because of the letter: they’ll have been discussing this for some time.
    Just release the damn thing on Netflix.

Seriously now, this is **cked up. I have tickets to Italy in August and now I feel idiotic if I don't cancel that as well.

Damn this, damn this to hell. Besides, guess who's birthday was it in April 10? That's right. Damn it!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    My plan now:
    1) catch coronavirus
    2) get hooked up with the make a wish foundation
    3) wish to see NTTD early

It’s a foolproof plan :)
    Zekidk wrote: »
    bondsum wrote: »

You’re happy to pass it to any family members over 60 or young children and risk them dying then? So you can watch a movie?

So what you are basicly saying is that everyone in the world should stay indoors until this passes?
    As the UK government are discussing similar quarantine restrictions as China if this virus gets any worse, you might have no choice but to stay indoors. Just out of curiosity, what country do you live in @Zekidk?

Denmark. And you are in UK where 0 has died and 8 of the 75 infected so far has recovered?

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR1TrwCqUyZkor6NSd1DPfQriA-vETkxSm0wgZuK0AluACJ8W7LgcEGs5dY#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
    That figure means nothing as it's spiking across most of Europe and it's still early doors yet. Italy's death toll has just hit 107 just weeks after the first case was confirmed in the country. Let's not forget that Italy was the first European country to see this virus take hold. Secondly, just because you've recovered it doesn't mean that you can't catch it again. Many people in China and Hong Kong are testing positive a second time after just having recovered. Also, Germany says it's had a 22% spike in cases overnight and France isn't looking too good at containing it either with 212 cases at present and it's going up all the time. I've read that it takes anywhere from 24 to 48 hours to get the test results back, so this might explain why it's spreading faster than it's being reported on.

Do you seriously think China would close down its industries and quarantine entire cities if this was just an itsy bitsy virus akin to the flu or even SARS? The big problem I see for western countries is—unlike China's draconian social distancing measures—it won't be as easy to impose or contain in societies that aren't used to being told what to do and where self-entitlement rules the day. Let's wait and see how things stand in April before we lambaste Eon for doing the right thing and withdrawing the movie from the theatres.

So what you are basicly saying is that everyone in the world should stay indoors until this passes?
    As the UK government are discussing similar quarantine restrictions as China if this virus gets any worse, you might have no choice but to stay indoors. Just out of curiosity, what country do you live in @Zekidk?

Denmark. And you are in UK where 0 has died and 8 of the 75 infected so far has recovered?

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR1TrwCqUyZkor6NSd1DPfQriA-vETkxSm0wgZuK0AluACJ8W7LgcEGs5dY#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
    That figure means nothing as it's spiking across most of Europe and it's still early doors yet. Italy's death toll has just hit 107 just weeks after the first case was confirmed in the country. Let's not forget that Italy was the first European country to see this virus take hold. Secondly, just because you've recovered it doesn't mean that you can't catch it again. Many people in China and Hong Kong are testing positive a second time after just having recovered. Also, Germany says it's had a 22% spike in cases overnight and France isn't looking too good at containing it either with 212 cases at present and it's going up all the time. I've read that it takes anywhere from 24 to 48 hours to get the test results back, so this might explain why it's spreading faster than it's being reported on.

Do you seriously think China would close down its industries and quarantine entire cities if this was just an itsy bitsy virus akin to the flu or even SARS? The big problem I see for western countries is—unlike China's draconian social distancing measures—it won't be as easy to impose or contain in societies that aren't used to being told what to do and where self-entitlement rules the day. Let's wait and see how things stand in April before we lambaste Eon for doing the right thing and withdrawing the movie from the theatres.

Thank you. This is what I've been saying. This virus is no joke and is fairly terrifying. Not just for the sickness itself but for the potential mass panic and long term serious economic consequences.

This is why I'm deeply concerned about the state of things in November and if they will be any better.

I say just release it on Google Play or some other streaming platform and then do a theater release later on. I will gladly still pay to see it in the theater.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thank you. This is what I've been saying. This virus is no joke and is fairly terrifying. Not just for the sickness itself but for the potential mass panic and long term serious economic consequences.

This is why I'm deeply concerned about the state of things in November and if they will be any better.

I say just release it on Google Play or some other streaming platform and then do a theater release later on. I will gladly still pay to see it in the theater.

Yes. In November, there’s going to be a lot of “oh right, that Billie Eilish song from the spring.” Release it digitally now, and then release it in theatres to celebrate how great it is. :)
    no-time-to-die-02.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1200
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,167

That figure means nothing

But actually it does.This is not the plague. 3% are dying because of this new flu, most cases the weak and elderly, and there's no spike. Take a look at the "daily cases" graph for example. There's around 2000 new cases every day globally for the last couple of weeks. So it is not a pandemic. A pandemic with daily increases by 2 for example would be a cause for panic. That I would agree with.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    It's starting to feel like a new Guns N' Roses album.

Yes. In November, there’s going to be a lot of “oh right, that Billie Eilish song from the spring.” Release it digitally now, and then release it in theatres to celebrate how great it is. :)

We can get it on my laptop and stream it to the giant screen at my condo complex.

You're all invited!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Nice!
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    As a Bond fan, the news is obviously hard to take....but it's for health reasons. It's better we watch more Bond movies in future, than risk our lives & the lives of others. Coz NTTD isn't going to be the last Bond film. And to add some optimism, we hope everything would be back to normal by November. So we can see the film and keep arguing whether Blofeld said 'You' or 'Him'. ;)
  • silva13silva13 Australia

I think we could all use some of that beautiful, standing tall look that craig does so well.

In all honesty I'm gutted. I've had to think about cancelling my first trip to Europe in July due to this outbreak and NTTD was the only other thing I was looking forward to. I understand why it was done but there must be other options. What if things don't get better? I hate to think how the crew, especially Craig and Fukanaga & Broccoli/ Wilson must be feeling right now.
    silva13 wrote: »

I think we could all use some of that beautiful, standing tall look that craig does so well.

In all honesty I'm gutted. I've had to think about cancelling my first trip to Europe in July due to this outbreak and NTTD was the only other thing I was looking forward to. I understand why it was done but there must be other options. What if things don't get better? I hate to think how the crew, especially Craig and Fukanaga & Broccoli/ Wilson must be feeling right now.

Exactly. I feel bad for the folks involved. Seriously doubt things will be better by November. I really wish they'd release it on streaming.
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    @ertert or like someone else said even google play and do a cinema release later. Is this unprecedented?
    Craig has certainly held it together and had his strength tested and CF has proved his worth. If we ever see this movie and it is amazing, I hope CF gets to do another with a less dramatic production.
    silva13 wrote: »
    @ertert or like someone else said even google play and do a cinema release later. Is this unprecedented?
    Craig has certainly held it together and had his strength tested and CF has proved his worth. If we ever see this movie and it is amazing, I hope CF gets to do another with a less dramatic production.

Never happened on a major film like this and won't - major cinema chains simply won't play it.