Skyfall - Teaser Trailer - Discussion Thread

Comments

Unbelievable! I am absolutely rapt!!!! BOND FOREVER!!!!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2012 Posts: 4,416
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZvzIhHa4VTo

Italian dub trailer. Show more footage at the end (extra explosion, some cave and Bond stay on some stairs) and the music have more techno.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    M_Balje wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZvzIhHa4VTo

Italian dub trailer. Show more footage at the end (extra explosion, some cave and Bond stay on some stairs) and the music have more techno.
    Hm I couldn't see any extra footage in that one.

I Don't like the trailer.
    It looks like a diehard - mission impossible - QOS type movie when i watched it.
    The sets and locations look bleak.
    Hopefully i am wrong when the film comes out.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    tumblr_m4d6nqundJ1qk6mq4o2_250.giftumblr_m4d6nqundJ1qk6mq4o1_250.giftumblr_m4d6nqundJ1qk6mq4o3_250.giftumblr_m4d6nqundJ1qk6mq4o4_250.giftumblr_m4d6nqundJ1qk6mq4o5_250.giftumblr_m4d6nqundJ1qk6mq4o6_r1_250.gif
  • tqbtqb
    worth the wait.
    Lovely! Visually stunning! Definitely made my day, which is hard to do on a Monday.

(Was it just me, or during the lion intro, did it sound like the roar was mixed in with someone laughing?)
    001 wrote:
    I Don't like the trailer.
    It looks like a diehard - mission impossible - QOS type movie when i watched it.
    The sets and locations look bleak.
    Hopefully i am wrong when the film comes out.

Comparisons and negativity, its begun then!?

I love the trailer and have HIGH hopes for the Film!! There you are.... that was up beat and positive, and that's where I'm staying!!! :-B
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,686
    after watching the teaser about 25 times, I would be surprised if this film didn't get big nominations (BAFTA's and Oscars) for cinematography and art direction.... I mean really, this film looks absolutly stunning visually !!! :)>-
    Daniel Craig’s is a badass 007.

Dealings with the plot itself are restricted to a single question and answer session between Bond and an MI6 psychologist. Giving glib, one-word answers to trigger-words like “agent” and “gun”, 007 is stopped in his tracks by the mention of the word “Skyfall”.

Click for Daniel Craig as badass 007 http://www.sshoosh.com/2012/05/21/skyfall-trailer-daniel-craig-badass/

Craig is the best Bond, he is powerful on-screen and grabs your attention with every facial expression he makes.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    LOVE it so much it hurts! What an awesome teaser trailer. This movie looks like the real deal; I am so very excited, even more than before!
  • My son and I watched it once and he voted to see it two more times, I love it :D

I think it's pretty much perfect, as in it doesn't give away too much and whets the appetite. I would have liked to hear maybe one more line of dialogue and heard the JB theme blasting at least once, otherwise well worth the wait and visually it looks as incredibly awesome as the video blogs indicated.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 2,782
    after watching the teaser about 25 times, I would be surprised if this film didn't get big nominations (BAFTA's and Oscars) for cinematography and art direction.... I mean really, this film looks absolutly stunning visually !!! :)>-

Yes it looks beautiful. What's your take on the music?

And I did like the Gordon Ramsey style Skyfall line.

'Add bullets, a pinch of M, lashings of tension, cook on high heat for 120 mins. Serve. Skyfall. Done.'

Just thinking about it, will that line come back to haunt DC if Skyfall isn't up to it. Daniel Craig. Done. I can read the red top headlines now.

But it looks great and one is pleased.
  • Feels like the first trailer in a long time that doesn't lead with dialogue from M.
    Ok, so if Deakins has not an oscar nomination for it, it would be stealing. Some of those shots are among the best of all the serie in term of cinematography.

Four years ! It's about time. Bond is back, more iconic and badass than ever. I can't wait for the end of october now (I love the first shot and the one of the fall of the guy in Shangai's building).
    It looks great .Daniel Craig is in great shape and has a steely expression to complete the mission. I enjoyed his little smile on the one liner,good to see his confidence. Very classy photography with excellent panning shots providing air of menace and beauty ,JOB VERY WELL DONE!

A decent trailer does not make a great movie. That still has to be proven, ask the SW fans when they saw The Phantom Menace trailer and then the movie came.

ANd the 007 movies should not be hunting for nominations but for a decent film which is what should deliver after the dreck called QoS.

• edited May 2012 Posts: 6,665
    Feels like the first trailer in a long time that doesn't lead with dialogue from M.

Oh wow, that´s true. And I love it for that. At last. Finally a trailer without a sermon from M to start with. And we both know the sermons in this film are far more complex and interesting than the ones from the previous entries, right ;) ? Awesomeness all around.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 581
    the trailer looks mediocre, i mean the dialogue at the beginning was weak with Craig just mumbling lines. there wasnt any use of the bond theme which instantly worries me and well it looks alright visualy striking but it just has that feel thats its going to end up like another Qantum of Solace and if it fails than i think Dan has to go
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 6,665
    Mediocre?!?
    It looks good. It seems like the movie will be dark and i dont think that i like that. But it has much action. This trailer makes me pumped so it has done its job

Wonderful to see you in that mood DC007. BAFTAs, for sure. Did you get that fun/exotic feeling from the dragon´s scene? And the humour seems to be back - the "eyebrow" ;)
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,347
    Double feature Skyfall/007 Legends (the latter looking rather disappointing though :-SS)

Bah! Who cares about video games with a film like that? ;) Just kidding of course, but the Legends does look rather bad.
    The only thing I'm not sure about is DC's hairstyle. It's just a little bit too short. He should have had at least short spikes at the front. Other than that, the trailer looks promising.
  • I am super impressed and exciting. Trailer had everything, from girls, to Bond in tux, to mystery, and more. Craig looks to have nailed it again (and there were hints of the Bond theme).

And damn you 007 Legends for once again using that theme. Other than that, looks good if you liked Wiimake/Reloaded (I did).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Univex wrote:

Wonderful to see you in that mood DC007. BAFTAs, for sure. Did you get that fun/exotic feeling from the dragon´s scene? And the humour seems to be back - the "eyebrow" ;)

the dragon's scene is incredible !! and yes it seems Craig is a bit more relaxed this time ' round :)
    Yes it looks beautiful. What's your take on the music?

The music during the interrogation scene is great, lightyears ahead of anything David Arnold has done... hopefully that's the tone the music will have in the film :) The rest of the music in the trailer was pretty bad-ass !! (which was probably only for the trailer)

Univex wrote:

the dragon's scene is incredible !! and yes it seems Craig is a bit more relaxed this time ' round :)

Exactly, confident and relaxed. What a good script does, eh? The one scene I liked from QOS was the bike "well, I missed" scene. I hope there´s some more of that in this one and not the "terminator" Dan style from QOS in general.
    Just woke up early before work to catch this. Stunning!

And anybody who said the lack of Bond theme was a bad thing was wrong, the music was perfect
  • Univex wrote:
    Mediocre?!?

That's a compliment coming from 002 compared to what he/she usually has to say about Craig ;)

Looks like SM likes it a bit too. Step in the right direction.

Hard to tell if the music is Newman's or not. Didn't much care for the JB cue when Craig makes the "people are coming to kill us" bit, but will wait to see how it works along with the rest of the music if it does appear in the film.

Also refreshing to see DC happy about all of it. His happy posts are always welcomed :D