No Time to Die production thread

Comments

mtm wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    Note: I'm now facing a possible shut down at work for at least a month due to the virus. Am I worrying about box office for NTTD? Ummm .... no.

Look, aside from my immediate personal situation ... if I lived in Antarctica (very slim chance of getting the virus, I would say) I would STILL not be worried about box office for NTTD. Why? Because the film will do fine overall, in the long run. It will. Anybody who cannot see it at first will just be wanting more than ever to see it when they can. Keep the longer overall picture in mind, folks. It will be fine and will be judged on how good a film it is. Bond's appeal is strong enough to weather delays due to the virus.

NTTD looks to be a corker, a really smashingly good, visually stunning Bond film. It will be fine at the box office ... for EON, for all involved, for us fans.

Great perspective. Unless I'm sick, on a mandatory lockdown, or caring for a loved one I plan to see it opening day.

Unfortunately I'm in the U.S. which is currently insanely slow at testing people compared to other countries but I fear once they do start testing en masse they'll find thousands of cases due to how fast it seems to be spreading.

And then Trump will blame the Muslims, for some reason :D

Ugh his press conference the other night about the virus was bruuuuutal. I'm no lefty but I cannot stand that man.

Anyways......Bring on NTTD!!!!
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Ah that’s good; someone had shared a snap of that in a magazine a while ago but it’s nice to see it properly :)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I got my subscriber copy of Empire, but there's no little Bond magazine, which I understood was included... :'( anyone else?
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 725
    Will not address the awful medical, financial and human consequences of this virus. This is a Bond site so I’m only addressing the impact on NTTD as some have started to note above. The impact can be massive. It can financially wreck it’s BO. All movie theaters in China are closed, which is exactly what will happen in Europe, the rest of Asia and the US if the virus spreads badly.

Postponing the film’s release is not a simple remedy for 3 huge issues. Extending the bank interest on a $250 million film ain’t easy. Also all the publicity for magazines and newspapers is already in the pipeline and much of it being printed now, and third it is already screening for select groups with bootleg copies just waiting for a long delay. This is ulcer time for EON, MGM, and Universal. NTTD is obviously not the only big film that could get badly hit, but it’s plight will get the most press.
    I got my subscriber copy of Empire, but there's no little Bond magazine, which I understood was included... :'( anyone else?

Go to the end.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 3,164
    Basically official confirmation - the final cut will feature 30 mins of IMAX footage.
    https://imaxmelbourne.com.au/movie/no-time-to-die

This is on par with The Dark Knight...
    Possible NTTD photo :

« GV 2091 3 v6 » :

ERzS3PFXUAAhwQa?format=jpg&name=large
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,518

Go to the end.

Not seeing it. :(

Cool blueprints of the plane in that Swatch pic!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @moneyofpropre2 Cheers for the pic!

Made those mini glider blueprints until the larger ones we saw on Q's desk become available.

49595691207_2d97c43117_o.png
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 4,400
    More magazine covers:

This is out! Does anyone have a copy? @Contraband ? apparently Cary has written an op-ed.

New 1 hour long interview with Robert Wade.......

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    New video blog from DHL:

Some new BTS footage, including some alternate Matera shots, a harbour/docking area in Jamaica and the Royal Guards and Bond arriving in London.

The music at the end is also of note: it has a ticking clock (No TIME To Die, anyone?) and some beats that are very Hans Zimmer. Which makes me think this is a piece of the score. It is very similar to his work on Interstellar and Inception.
    New video blog from DHL:

Some new BTS footage, including some alternate Matera shots, a harbour/docking area in Jamaica and the Royal Guards and Bond arriving in London.

The music at the end is also of note: it has a ticking clock (No TIME To Die, anyone?) and some beats that are very Hans Zimmer. Which makes me think this is a piece of the score. It is very similar to his work on Interstellar and Inception.

Nice video! The ticking clock gives me more of a Dunkirk vibe personally!
    I’ve purchased the new "Best Movie" magazine – March issue. Take that with a grain of salt, but there could be some potential spoilers. It says that Bond has gone to visit Vesper in Bond’s personal family grave in Matera in order to close with his past and start a new life. When a bomb suddenly explodes (the scenes we’ve already seen) he receives a congratulation message from Spectre in Madeline’s phone and he thinks she’s betrayed him.

Also in the PTS there’s a flashback from Madeline’s youth in Norway when she sees something that will shock her life forever (probably the secret Blofeld refers to).
    I guess this answers the
    'why is Vesper buried in Matera' question
    :P thank you @MattiaDeVarti007
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    More magazine covers:

This is out! Does anyone have a copy? @Contraband ? apparently Cary has written an op-ed.

Just looked at it. Five-six pages, old pics from the lair and interview with Ana

Really nothing, but if someone out there can get it so why not.
    Contraband wrote: »
    More magazine covers:

Just looked at it. Five-six pages, old pics from the lair and interview with Ana

Really nothing I think, but if someone out there can get it so why not.

EDIT: Just saw @MattiaDeVarti007's post

New video blog from DHL:

Old vlog actually. Came almost two weeks ago. But DHL have four new vlogs in the pipeline. Bookmark this page and check everyday

https://www.notimetodie.dhl/en
    I’ve purchased the new "Best Movie" magazine – March issue. Take that with a grain of salt, but there could be some potential spoilers. It says that Bond has gone to visit Vesper in Bond’s personal family grave in Matera in order to close with his past and start a new life. When a bomb suddenly explodes (the scenes we’ve already seen) he receives a congratulation message from Spectre in Madeline’s phone and he thinks she’s betrayed him.

Also in the PTS there’s a flashback from Madeline’s youth in Norway when she sees something that will shock her life forever (probably the secret Blofeld refers to).

@MattiaDeVarti007 Is it possible to get a PDF-version from somewhere? Can't find the damn thing
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 847
    More magazine covers:

nTUBEl7.png

Z8Jo4VD.png

• JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 78
    It may have been asked and even answered before but have we gone into a Bond film already knowing the lead actor for Bond was hanging his holster up?

We did with Connery didn’t we? We of course didn’t with Lazenby but what about the rest? Out of interest....
    🍸
    JG007 wrote: »
    It may have been asked and even answered before but have we gone into a Bond film already knowing the lead actor for Bond was hanging his holster up?

We did with Connery didn’t we? We of course didn’t with Lazenby but what about the rest? Out of interest....
    🍸

Nope.
    Connery told the press in 1966, that YOLT will be his last.
    And in 1971 it was clear again, that DAF will be a one-off-movie.

With Lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Brosnan no one knew before.
    Moore just made it clear in a TV interview in 1986.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    New video blog from DHL:

Is that new? Seems the same as the old one.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

That seems to confirm that Bond is visiting his
    family grave and Vesper's. Also Madeleine receives a message from Spectre on her cellphone and that explains why Bond believes Madeleine is betraying him.

Thanks. That's the link I saw earlier.
    mtm wrote: »
    New video blog from DHL:

Is that new? Seems the same as the old one.

Old..
    More magazine covers:

New 1 hour long interview with Robert Wade.......

Got my subscriber Empire, but no Bond magazine... :(