No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Jan1985 wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I bet it isn’t the action they’ve cut back on either. Shame. Why couldn’t they just leave it at three hours? I knew they’d do this though.

All run times are just speculations.
    Robert Wade said a few weeks ago, that it never was three hours.

Yep, I very much doubt the film ever ran 3 hours, even as a first cut. I'm expecting 2 1/2 hour or so running time.

• ColonelSun wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I bet it isn’t the action they’ve cut back on either. Shame. Why couldn’t they just leave it at three hours? I knew they’d do this though.

Yep, I very much doubt the film ever ran 3 hours, even as a first cut. I'm expecting 2 1/2 hour or so running time.

165mins seems to be the figure that is being quoted most often.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Yes, as a rumour, but the running time seems to be 156min according to some other sources. The tickets go on sale next Monday, so we will then have our answer.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Nice photo here courtesy of Mattia:

B25-31175-RC.jpg

I've not seen that one before: apologies if it's already been posted.
    That's a new one. Very cool. Reminds me of the QOS chase. Thanks, @mtm
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    mtm wrote: »

B25-31175-RC.jpg

That is a great photo, Daniel always looks great in action. Thanks for sharing @mtm
    Jordo007 wrote: »

B25-31175-RC.jpg

That is a great photo, Daniel always looks great in action. Thanks for sharing @mtm

Yes, cool pic. Bond, after bridge jump and stealing the bike, rushing to reach Madeleine perhaps?

Jordo007 wrote: »

B25-31175-RC.jpg

Yes, cool pic. Bond, after bridge jump and stealing the bike, rushing to reach Madeleine perhaps?

I think it might be between Bond jumping off the bridge and obtaining the bike
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I can't keep up with the tie continuity :)
    He's not cut his head by the time he does the jump, has he?
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    Regarding the pre title sequence. The only other way it could be timed is.

Norway
    Matera - love etc
    Grave Explosion

Title sequence

Matera action scenes

Train

5 years later

@00Dalton7 I think you're right. This is how I think it'll go, I doubt they can fit all of Matera into just the PTS.

@ColonelSun yeah mate I agree, that's what I'd guess too. I love how little we know about this film
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Has this interview with de Armas been posted?

https://www.net-a-porter.com/gb/en/porter/article-a838dd936e0153af/cover-stories/cover-stories/ana-de-armas

Talking about the Cuba set:
    "It was completely freezing, so it did not feel like home,” de Armas laughs, recalling the cavernous set. “But I was impressed by how beautiful and realistic it was. It went on and on forever."

I see there was an interview with the costume designer here too, but it's behind a paywall:
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dressing-daniel-craig-no-time-to-die-designer-massimo-alba-725tg8cc7
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

B25-31175-RC.jpg

@mtm Who is Mattia? And are there more pics perhaps?
    Penpen wrote: »

Thanks man
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Mattia is from another forum. Was getting FYEO vibes of Bond running up the steps when chasing Locque.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Just realized the photo was taken Nicola Dove, second unit's still photographer. Even listed on IMDB
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 38
    Main unit stills photographer, if she's listed as second unit on IMDB that's not correct. To be honest maybe she covered both but she'd have been mainly on main unit I'd have thought. I don't feel like second unit have stills photographers but I'm not completely sure about that. Has to be an official photo as it appears to be inside.

Thanks for the Mattia explanation.
    From the italian article. NTTDs publicist on location in Matera is not happy about pics and footage appearing faster then lightning on internet.

Google's weird translation:

Safer than Fort Knox, busier than via Condotti on the first day of sales. At the set of 007-No Time to Die, the next chapter in the infinite story that has the longest-lived secret agents of cinema as the protagonist, you only access through a supervised check point and - treatment reserved for the reporter - after signing an Nda, "Non disclosure agreement", a confidentiality agreement, the document preferred by the productions, no articles, no photos, no tweets until the time is ripe.

Destiny that unites us to the residents and traders of the "red zone", where there is no exercise that has not pulled down the shutter (except for the funeral parlors in via San Biagio) and apartment that has not been sublet to the war machine of the cinema that brought a laborious army of technicians to the city and enrolled hundreds of extras. Yet, the publicist of the second unit of the film sighs, "every day at least one unauthorized shot ends up on the net". It is the price to pay, even for a mammoth and run-in production like this, with understandable aspiration to privacy, if you want to turn in the heart of a city like Matera, among the Sassi, just when summer turns into autumn, a moment in which tourists willingly gather on the Luigi Guerricchio viewpoint, a few meters as the crow flies from the set - the rock architecture that UNESCO declared World Heritage in 1993 in the background.

For some days now the prospect, already breathtaking in itself, has been offering a bonus. A wooden and steel ramp stands right in front of the cathedral of Madonna della Bruna and Sant’Eustachio. There, with that Romanesque splendor acting as a backdrop, an aerobatic motorcycle champion was the protagonist of one of the most risky and spectacular scenes in the film, a flight and a landing without a net on the slippery age-old stones. "He still hadn't taken off his helmet and the video was already posted on Instagram," admits the publicist.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    As Q would say, "Yes, but it's called the future, so get used to it."

Yes, as a rumour, but the running time seems to be 156min according to some other sources. The tickets go on sale next Monday, so we will then have our answer.

Think I mentioned this previously but countries that already have tickets on sale seem to be indicating based on the way the showtimes are spaced out that it'll be 165. That's the figure Universal Germany and Austria are also officially running with as of a couple days ago.

Take away 10 mins of credits and we have 155 - can totally see why Wade and Cary are denying it's 3 hours.
    antovolk wrote: »

Think I mentioned this previously but countries that already have tickets on sale seem to be indicating based on the way the showtimes are spaced out that it'll be 165. That's the figure Universal Germany and Austria are also officially running with as of a couple days ago.

Take away 10 mins of credits and we have 155 - can totally see why Wade and Cary are denying it's 3 hours.

In editing, you always take into account the front and end titles when timing the film for the final length, so no, what u suggest is not the answer. I suspect the international releases are just estimating the film's running time at the present, based on a rough estimates which have leaked. As I say, next week we will have our answer, but I'm still betting 150mins - 156 mins.

• edited February 2020 Posts: 3,164

Oh absolutely, with the end titles point I'm just saying why Fukunaga and Wade - especially Wade - would say it's not 3 hours. Any rough cut he saw was likely without credits.

As for showtimes - in Netherlands for instance they're 3 hours 10 without cleaning time at the end. Take away 25 mins of ads which is standard in Europe and you get 165. Also I would say Universal Germany and Austria that are giving cinemas 165 as of this past week to prepare for ticket sales aren't really basing this off leaks. The film is almost done hence the MPAA rating, runtime is definitely all locked in which would allow Universal to inform cinemas to prepare/space out showtimes accordingly.

In editing, you always take into account the front and end titles when timing the film for the final length, so no, what u suggest is not the answer. I suspect the international releases are just estimating the film's running time at the present, based on a rough estimates which have leaked. As I say, next week we will have our answer, but I'm still betting 150mins - 156 mins.

• RyanRyan Canada

B25-31175-RC.jpg

I know others here feel the same way, but I also need to stress how awesome Craig looks in action in this film. Battered and bruised in levels not scene since CR/QOS.
    Oh absolutely, with the end titles point I'm just saying why Fukunaga and Wade - especially Wade - would say it's not 3 hours. Any rough cut he saw was likely without credits.

As for showtimes - in Netherlands for instance they're 3 hours 10 without cleaning time at the end. Take away 25 mins of ads which is standard in Europe and you get 165. Also I would say Universal Germany and Austria that are giving cinemas 165 as of this past week to prepare for ticket sales aren't really basing this off leaks. The film is almost done hence the MPAA rating, runtime is definitely all locked in which would allow Universal to inform cinemas to prepare/space out showtimes accordingly.

Well, as I say, we will know next week. But u know where I stand.

• edited February 2020 Posts: 3,164
    To add to the ol' runtime rumour mill I guess - Czech and Slovakian distributor Forum Film is saying 163 min as of today
    http://www.forumfilm.sk/pripravujeme/movie/show/bon-25/
    http://www.forumfilm.cz/prave-hrajeme/detail/movie/show/james-bond-25/
    To add to the ol' runtime rumour mill I guess - Czech and Slovakian distributor Forum Film is saying 163 min as of today

Means nothing. Next week we will know. Facts. "Just the facts, ma'am. Just the facts."

• antovolk wrote: »

I've heard the exact same length from a different and very credible source.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Can't help, but think if SP was done right, it might have been the 3hr film....with NTTD ending it with the 2hr mark. Just like CR being the longer film & QoS being the shorter & shortest Bond film. But I think the reason for NTTD to be 3hrs long, is simply to make SP look good once NTTD comes out, as it aims to correct mistakes from SP.
    Hi, I'm Mattia, the one of the Matera photo. Sorry, but being one of my first entries in the forum I didn't know how to post that . Here's another behind the scenes take.
    IPA_ALM2AMX26A.jpg

By the way, the end of the article says that they'll probably have another article out about the same topic. If there are some new photos or info I'll let you know!
    ;)
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Thanks @MattiaDeVarti007! And welcome to the forums!