No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Burgess wrote: »
    So, are Bond and Coke back together?

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F32c6316b-3ece-3abe-a315-a43f7cae3f40.jpg?crop=780%2C520%2C0%2C0
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F32c6316b-3ece-3abe-a315-a43f7cae3f40.jpg?crop=780%2C520%2C0%2C0

Hahaha

Lmao
  • Shakennotshook007Shakennotshook007 Mobile Alabama
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4
    I like the new poster okay but it kind of has a been there done that feel to it disappointingly. Very similar to the Sybil poster back in the day and Split movie from a couple of years ago. Still not bad but just wanted an old school looking painted one like from the 60’s.
  • EON have realised some seriously uninspired posters in the Craig era....so much so, that this latest poster actually feels 'creative' in comparison. I'm almost obliged to say that I like it.

But, let's be real. It's not that great. But it's certainly a marked improvement to the bland posters for SF and (especially) SP. It's a little more edgy.....but I'm not totally infatuated with the design.

Also, note that Lea Seydoux gets a starring role in the poster. She also featured prominently in the poster for SP. Something of a Bond first....

Spectre_maxi_poster_709x.jpg?v=1571439496
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    TripAces wrote: »
    Can someone upload that video on YouTube or somewhere?

You can see it if you go straight to the Twitter page.
    Love the IMAX poster and Matera photos.

I don't think ALL the Matera scenes are in the PTS, though.
    I think they are most likely going for an emotional PTS, not just a risky adventurous stunt driven one. This one seems likely to jump into the emotional pull for Bond strongly, catapulting us into a higher than usual emotional layer right off the bat. With strong stunts and action, sure. Light humor in it? I am unsure. Though I think enough humor will be in this film.

So if the first 20 minutes are all pre-title ... we are in for a long, dramatic story. Me thinks. B-) This makes me happy the whole film is going to be about 2:45 or 2:50. I think Cary values not skimping on certain elements of a film. I cannot help but remember how very fine nearly every episode of True Detective was under his helm. And I mean in particular visually and the storytelling. It was well paced and compelling and had stunning cinematography at times.

It is possible that not everything in that Matera sequence is in the PTS, which would be awkward--but still possible.

Perhaps we get...1. Norway sequence. 2. Bond with Madeleine, enjoying time together; 3. The grave scene; 4. The motorcycle chase; 5. The jump off the bridge...into the PTS

Post PTS. 1. Bond goes back to the room and gets Madeleine. 2. Car chase. 3. Train station.

I'd bet the car scene with its "Why would I betray you?" comes before the song.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    EON have realised some seriously uninspired posters in the Craig era....so much so, that this latest poster actually feels 'creative' in comparison. I'm almost obliged to say that I like it.

But, let's be real. It's not that great. But it's certainly a marked improvement to the bland posters for SF and (especially) SP. It's a little more edgy.....but I'm not totally infatuated with the design.

Also, note that Lea Seydoux gets a starring role in the poster. She also featured prominently in the poster for SP. Something of a Bond first....

Spectre_maxi_poster_709x.jpg?v=1571439496

So it is, another unique connection between two Bond films.
  • Also, according to this tweet it looks as though the Aston Martin Valhalla has been cut from NTTD....it was likely replaced with the Superleggra.

It looks like it'll feature in some capacity, but won't be as showy an appearance.

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Also, according to this tweet it looks as though the Aston Martin Valhalla has been cut from NTTD....it was likely replaced with the Superleggra.

It looks like it'll feature in some capacity, but won't be as showy an appearance.

Comes from Esquire magazine UK. Only a parked Valhalla will be ft.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Also, according to this tweet it looks as though the Aston Martin Valhalla has been cut from NTTD....it was likely replaced with the Superleggra.

I don't think "replaced" is the word I'd use based on the phrasing there. It sounds like the Superleggra was always going to be used the way it was.

Good news though, I think. The Valhalla is an awful looking car.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

I don't think "replaced" is the word I'd use based on the phrasing there. It sounds like the Superleggra was always going to be used the way it was.

Good news though, I think. The Valhalla is an awful looking car.

I agree. I wasn’t keen on that car from the moment it was announced. The Superleggera is much better looking.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Certainly not bad news, that car never seemed to fit the Bond world.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 2,594
    I’m pretty sure I’ve been in that pub. It will become famous now. When I used to live in London, I did live in the Borough/Elephant Castle area for eight months before moving to East London.

Yeah, Waterloo in this area.

http://strikefans.com/the-kings-arms/
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 2,594
    Mallory wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Just to confirm.

This came from an official source: RUNNING TIME: 165 MINS approx.

Oh man! This is great news.

Not a huge surprise. I think @antovolk can confirm but the max run time of an Imax 70mm print is 165 mins, so they would be editing towards that, and if it was nearing 3hours, cutting the less important stuff.

I hope it was the action they cut back on but that’s wishful thinking when it comes to Bond. I won’t be surprised if they’ve trimmed back the character driven scenes which is a disappointment.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Also, according to this tweet it looks as though the Aston Martin Valhalla has been cut from NTTD....
    0q0lIQs.gif
    source.gif tumblr_np4hfs5Kwq1qz7otto4_250.gif
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    From Collider:

"Filmmaker Cary Joji Fukunaga captured select sequences of No Time To Die using IMAX’s extremely high-resolution 15/70mm film cameras to deliver IMAX audiences greater scope and breathtaking image quality. Only in IMAX theatres will audiences see the film the way it was creatively intended, as the scenes shot with IMAX film cameras will expand vertically to fill the IMAX screen, providing audiences up to 40% more of the image with unprecedented crispness, clarity and color for a truly immersive experience.

In addition to being shot with IMAX film cameras and the exclusive expanded aspect ratio, the IMAX release of No Time To Die will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience with proprietary IMAX DMR (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images, coupled with IMAX’s customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio, create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie."

https://collider.com/no-time-to-die-imax-poster/
  • The credits on the new poster have Daniel Craig playing James Bond 007
    The credits on the new poster have Daniel Craig playing James Bond 007

I pointed this out earlier. I feel pretty confident Nomi will be 007 in the movie based on the hints still. Maybe Bond will have the title at some point, or it’s just the traditional listing without regards to the plot.
  • They keep pulling so many surprises... I would never have expected the final poster to look like that! Very intense, and much better than any since CR.
    Contraband wrote: »
    From Collider:

"Filmmaker Cary Joji Fukunaga captured select sequences of No Time To Die using IMAX’s extremely high-resolution 15/70mm film cameras to deliver IMAX audiences greater scope and breathtaking image quality. Only in IMAX theatres will audiences see the film the way it was creatively intended, as the scenes shot with IMAX film cameras will expand vertically to fill the IMAX screen, providing audiences up to 40% more of the image with unprecedented crispness, clarity and color for a truly immersive experience.

In addition to being shot with IMAX film cameras and the exclusive expanded aspect ratio, the IMAX release of No Time To Die will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality of The IMAX Experience with proprietary IMAX DMR (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images, coupled with IMAX’s customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio, create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie."

Why didn’t they shoot the whole movie in IMAX?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Whilst I like the new NTTD poster.

yf2vpyacus1t.jpg

Compared to the previous efforts of SP and SF. It still lacks that old time Bond poster feel. I oh so wish they'd give us something like these...

ob9mnuk587on.jpg
    9dhjuntlnnn7.jpg
    nt7wd7qldwc1.jpg

On a final note, would Ben Whishaw's billing perhaps suggest he has a larger role than before?
    Well, there have been some advertising successes imitated by the competition.

Though I'd like to see some old style posters, sure.
    285392f81b121c24ec9846eb0ed97177.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,548
    echo wrote: »

I think they are most likely going for an emotional PTS, not just a risky adventurous stunt driven one. This one seems likely to jump into the emotional pull for Bond strongly, catapulting us into a higher than usual emotional layer right off the bat. With strong stunts and action, sure. Light humor in it? I am unsure. Though I think enough humor will be in this film.

So if the first 20 minutes are all pre-title ... we are in for a long, dramatic story. Me thinks. B-) This makes me happy the whole film is going to be about 2:45 or 2:50. I think Cary values not skimping on certain elements of a film. I cannot help but remember how very fine nearly every episode of True Detective was under his helm. And I mean in particular visually and the storytelling. It was well paced and compelling and had stunning cinematography at times.

It is possible that not everything in that Matera sequence is in the PTS, which would be awkward--but still possible.

Perhaps we get...1. Norway sequence. 2. Bond with Madeleine, enjoying time together; 3. The grave scene; 4. The motorcycle chase; 5. The jump off the bridge...into the PTS

Post PTS. 1. Bond goes back to the room and gets Madeleine. 2. Car chase. 3. Train station.

Indeed. I may have it backwards. Grave-Car chase with madeleine-train station. Titles. Matera motorcycle chase from train station, to jump from the bridge.

Of course, based on Occam's razor, it's all likely PTS. But I thought Craig said film goes "back to Matera," and that has always stuck with me, in terms of the PTS.

On a separate note, did others catch the credits in upper left corner? Daniel Craig is "James Bond 007."

no-time-to-die-600x889.jpg

Jeez, I hope this puts the "Nomi is 007" nonsense to bed, finally.
    From Collider:

For somebody who is a big VR enthusiast, the statement "feel as if they are in the movie" is absurdly ridiculous. If you want immersiveness then make a 007 virtual reality adventure. Then you will know what it is to be "in the movie".
    I don't have that limitation when I watch movies.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    delfloria wrote: »
    From Collider:

For somebody who is a big VR enthusiast, the statement "feel as if they are in the movie" is absurdly ridiculous. If you want immersiveness then make a 007 virtual reality adventure. Then you will know what it is to be "in the movie".
    At the moment, VR is a specialized, if growing, field ; for the general, mass movie going public, the use of the term
    “ immersive “ is applicable , even if exaggerated to someone who has already discovered VR.

talos7 wrote: »
    From Collider:

At the moment, VR is a specialized, if growing, field ; for the general, mass movie going public, the use of the term
    “ immersive “ is applicable , even if exaggerated to someone who has already discovered VR.
    Yup. But properly presented IMAX is a hell of an immersive experience for sure. Giant screens, image almost filling both your vertical and panoramic peripheral vision...there's something to it. There's a reason Nolan calls it VR without goggles.
    Bounine wrote: »
    From Collider:

Why didn’t they shoot the whole movie in IMAX?

The cameras are too big and noisy and difficult to use for an entire film. 2/3 minutes per take and most notably it's difficult to shoot dialogue scenes with them without then having to redub in ADR. But Nolan is trying to come close, 75% of Dunkirk was in IMAX, even more is expected for Tenet.
    echo wrote: »

Indeed. I may have it backwards. Grave-Car chase with madeleine-train station. Titles. Matera motorcycle chase from train station, to jump from the bridge.

Of course, based on Occam's razor, it's all likely PTS. But I thought Craig said film goes "back to Matera," and that has always stuck with me, in terms of the PTS.

On a separate note, did others catch the credits in upper left corner? Daniel Craig is "James Bond 007."

no-time-to-die-600x889.jpg

Jeez, I hope this puts the "Nomi is 007" nonsense to bed, finally.

He's definitely channeling some Steve McQueen there which DC will be chuffed about, being a big McQueen fan.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    From Collider:

That you be very cool a vr Bond imagine the gunbarrel sequence.
    True that VR has yet to be adopted by the majority of the public but it's only a matter of price and time. I just wanted to say that actual VR is much, much different than watching film of any kind. I'd love to see a VR experience based on Bond in VR. With or without a Billy Eilish sung theme song.