Do you have any concerns or niggles about NTTD ,or are you full of confidence ?

Comments

Yes! We need that YOLT adaptation! So much great unused stuff in there. Perfect for the idea of giving Craig a definitive “ending” especially.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I'd love an amnesiac Bond ending. I'd hate a "Bond is dead... or is he?" situation, where you can't tell whether he is dead or not.
    Walecs wrote: »
    I'd love an amnesiac Bond ending. I'd hate a "Bond is dead... or is he?" situation, where you can't tell whether he is dead or not.

If it gives us a YOLT Bond dropping into the sea, amnesia ridden cliff hanger, then I will be singing from the rooftops. I have been hankering for this novel to be adapted for years.

This sets up Bond 26 nicely with a new actor to return to Britain one year later, brainwashed and ready to kill M, from TMWTGG.

Now that would be a great way to kick off the new Bond actor.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I don't think they will either. To each his own. Some would be fine with it, depending on execution. I just don't want to see it.

As far as WRATH OF KHAN, a couple of differences. It's a STAR TREK franchise, not a Spock franchise. Secondly, the film made it very clear that Spock was going to be resurrected, even how. Third, I could live with that and be fine, personally, but Bond is different for me; deeper.

Agreed on all counts. One of the biggest points about Bond in general is that he’s not supposed to die! He cheats death and always lives to die another day. It would feel like a betrayal. Fleming brought him back after considering offing him in the FRWL novel; that to me is definitive reason why it shouldn’t happen.

If this leaves the ending ambiguous (YOLT style) then I'm all for that. It ties in very nicely with Fleming.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I am ridiculously optimistic after the reveal of both song and new clips from last night. Over the moon and in full fan-boy mode now (a dangerous place to be for others, lol).
    peter wrote: »
    I am ridiculously optimistic after the reveal of both song and new clips from last night. Over the moon and in full fan-boy mode now (a dangerous place to be for others, lol).
    +1
    Must say that right now I feel the same.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

+1 exactly

I wish I was there too. Right now my expectations could not be any lower (which may not be a bad thing).
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    My expectations are so low for NTTD that they are settled into the Earth's core and honestly, for the first time ever, I honestly don't feel like seeing this one in the theater but rather waiting until it hits redbox.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Murdock wrote: »
    My expectations are so low for NTTD that they are settled into the Earth's core and honestly, for the first time ever, I honestly don't feel like seeing this one in the theater but rather waiting until it hits redbox.

You'll watch it. You'll give in. ;)

You'll watch it. You'll give in. ;)

Give into what exactly?
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,999
    Seeing a Bond film?........ :|

As a fan, I just can't imagine turning down any chance to watch it on the big screen. That's just me.
    Seeing a Bond film?........ :|

As a fan, I just can't imagine turning down any chance. That's just me.

I didn't say I wouldn't watch it. I'm just not seeing it at the theater. Hence waiting for it to hit redbox.
    That's what I meant, on the big screen. I can't imagine turning that chance down as a fan.

It’s a shame you feel this way, but I understand and respect that. I know some fans have not been happy or excited lately, especially because of SP. I am a little cautious but I’m still going to let myself get excited.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    It's Bond! The Brosnan Era was, and is, my least favourite. And that's by a healthy margin.

But I was always there on opening night (and could always find something I liked about it-- even with DAD, I recently discovered; the opening credits are pretty terrific (considering).

It's too bad, but, in the end, personal tastes... Hopefully the next guy will do the trick for the disenchanted.

I'm in a blissful state. Reading CF's own words about the theme song on IG this morning, and how he bit back at negativity (in a supremely calm and intelligent manner); to listen to the song and with each turn, it gives me something a little bit more (as our @Shardlake said to me earlier this evening: she gets under Bond's skin); to hear Broccoli state with confidence that Craig has never been better; to watch the trailers and TV spots and see the magnificent imagery; to see Craig return to form and look engaged and Malek looking composed and terribly unsettling... Just seems like everyone has some skin in the game.

This will be a monster of a movie. No niggles. Just more confidence with each little reveal they have given us (the same couldn't exactly be said for SP-- I was concerned with a Hinx-type character in the Craig-verse, and any talk I heard of Roger Moore and the lighter films gave me a premonition I tried to ignore. In the end, it caught up to me).
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I went to see all the Brosnans on the big screen and they have sat gathering dust on DVD and now Blu-ray if I can sit through those with my feeling on them then any self respecting Bond fan can go and see this.

Are some people thinking they are cool and edgy and impressing the rebels with this kind of rubbish, get over yourself.

Seriously Zimmer doing the score is not the end of the world.

I *might* end up doing the same. When the production kicked off I was interested and cautiously optimistic, but for each reveal, I've become less invested in it all – the opposite of how I should feel at this point. If I'm out with friends, then I'll definitely watch it at the cinema, but I'm unlikely to go on my own to watch it on the big screen.
    I don't think of myself as being cooler or edgy for not wanting to see the film in the theater. Those looking down on others for feeling that way are the people who should get over it. If you're excited to see No Time To Die in the theater, good for you, enjoy yourself and get some extra butter for your popcorn while you're there. I'll be waiting and hoping the new era of Bond after will be something I'll be invested in. But since I'm not all that excited for NTTD, I don't mind sitting it out. But everyone else is free to enjoy it as they please. Have fun.
    @Murdock I could at least imagine one reason to entice you to see it on the big screen: It being Craig's swan song. Not just another installment, but an actor's last. The curtain call. Last time this happened was 18 years ago with DAD. Would be a shame to not have you around sharing your thoughts on this flick.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 16,328
    @MakeshiftPython, That reason doesn't really entice me because I don't care if it's Craig's last. I'm not fond of him like I used to be when his era began. For me, It's just another Craig Bond film. Whether it's his first or his last, I just don't feel interested or compelled. It's like, after nearly 5 years of waiting this is it?

This is probably the best describe how I feel. TWINE's your least favorite Bond film, yes? How I feel is basically. You having to sit through 3 TWINE's only to wait almost 5 years for another TWINE doubling down on the things you dislike about it. That's the position I'm in right now and I just can't bare anymore of it.

But that's just how I feel.
    If the last three films are at the very bottom of your rankings, I guess I could understand that. However, even though TND and TWINE were my least favorites I was still up to see DAD in theaters, and that ended up being my second favorite Brosnan film. I had a genuine good time, even if I don't rank that film all that highly.

I guess I just underestimated your disdain for Craig's run. Didn't realize it was THAT bad.
  • All I can say is I’ve seen every Bond film on opening night since Thunderball. I will be there for NTTD with bells on!!
    @MakeshiftPython, I wouldn't say the last 3 films were on the bottom of my ranking because my rank is very much out of date. And I don't outright dislike Craig's run. I enjoyed it very much until the last few years. I can't really say what happened. I guess maybe this era has just overstayed it's welcome for me. I honestly don't know. I just can't muster the energy to feel excited over NTTD because it's just more of the same stuff I haven't liked in Bond films as of late. It just feels like that ever burning fire I had as a Bond fan has fizzled out in the last few years. And it's not just Bond either. A lot of my favorite franchises have been going in these new directions I don't really care for and it just drains me.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Fair enough @Murdock... What I want to know, and it's not appropriate to this thread-- any more gadgets, man???
    @peter, No gadgets. Actually It's been quite a while since I've made anything. I've been pretty busy lately but this was the last thing I worked on. A miniature Star Trek esque door. :)
    DjzvbVSh.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto
    aweeee summmm-- love it. PM me-- let me know what you've been up to,

p
    @MakeshiftPython, I wouldn't say the last 3 films were on the bottom of my ranking because my rank is very much out of date. And I don't outright dislike Craig's run. I enjoyed it very much until the last few years. I can't really say what happened. I guess maybe this era has just overstayed it's welcome for me. I honestly don't know. I just can't muster the energy to feel excited over NTTD because it's just more of the same stuff I haven't liked in Bond films as of late. It just feels like that ever burning fire I had as a Bond fan has fizzled out in the last few years. And it's not just Bond either. A lot of my favorite franchises have been going in these new directions I don't really care for and it just drains me.

That is pretty much were I am now. I became really reinvigorated when CR was released, as I had been waiting since 1989 to have another Bond film that followed Fleming, and I was not disappointed in the slightest.

But as Craig's tenure draws to a close, I feel nearly as disenchanted as I was before DAD came out, as I knew that film would be dreadful before going in to the cinema, and sadly I was proved 100% right, to the point when I wanted to walk out of the cinema during Brozza's final outing. Talk of invisible cars and `throwing the kitchen sink at this one' made me fear the worst.

Thankfully I'm not nearly as low now as I was back then in my expectations of a new Bond film, but this does feel like it will be more of the same that we saw in SP. I really, really hope I'm proved wrong, but with the trailer and now the new song, I don't see anything to make me feel it will be much different.

Connery's, Moore's and Brosnan's final outings were all pretty sub-standard (in the case of AVTAK and DAD, absolutely rock bottom). I just hope Craig's final outing doesn't go the same way.

• RC7RC7
    I suggest everyone just watches the film. What is it, 10 quid/bucks?
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be a belter. One of my main reasons is because not only is it DC's last but everyone pretty much knew it was his last going in. This hasn't happened since 1985. (Actually on it's own that's not much reason because AVTAK is my second bottom)
    However I think everyone involved in the production knows SP missed the mark, Craig could have easily walked after that but he came back, everyone will want to make sure he goes out on a high.