Do you have any concerns or niggles about NTTD ,or are you full of confidence ?

Comments

I think there will be a lot to like in NTTD, and a lot to criticize! The one thing I am certain, is that Craig will be great...again! I think he has been a fabulous James Bond! Have loved 3 out if his four films so far. Am optimistic that I will add NTTD to that! I'M more worried about the future of the franchise, but for now I am going g to lap up the coming of this, his last 007 movie!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Not a jot of concern I'm sitting on the edge of my seat with anticipation.

I want an emotional, thrilling and epic ride with James Bond at the nerve centre of it all and from the looks of things I am going to get that.

The technical merits, the cast, everything is top drawer here.

Sorry to all those that can't experience this, like I've said before I kind of know how you feel 1995 - 2002 was very unexciting time for me and who knows maybe I'll get some karma visited on me with the next era being nowhere the thrill ride this one has been.

I guess we'll see whenever Barbara and company contemplates the next step in the series.

Craig has proven to be a SJW cuck and it's disappointing to say the least. We can only pray the film is not woke garbage but it's beginning to look that way. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/daniel-craig-takes-issue-term-175841478.html
    Really looking forward to NTTD, and love this time when all newspaper/ magazines start showing articles on it (Empire magazine have a Bond celebration mag with their latest issue btw)
    But I am a wee bit concerned over this running time, 166 mins? I'm all for more Bond, but this just seems a bit much!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    Craig has proven to be a SJW cuck and it's disappointing to say the least. We can only pray the film is not woke garbage but it's beginning to look that way. https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/daniel-craig-takes-issue-term-175841478.html

I hope the film isn't woke garbage either I worry about it too.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,541
    007Blofeld wrote: »

@007Blofeld same but as i said many times. Reserve the judgement for April. Still i can't wait to see it in imax @-)
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Alan Cumming has said that as far back as 1995 they stopped calling the female leads “Bond girls”, and I can see why. I never understood men referring to adult women as “girls”. Makes them sound like pedophiles. So of course it’s extremely dated.

I think it was around the time the cast referred to them as “Bond ladies”, and that feels more classy and fitting for actresses.

If you think that makes me a “cuck”, go back to kissing your cousin you redneck pimple.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    And there we have another beautifully worded discussion. Why must almost every thread on these pages quickly discend into insulting one another.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    * I accidentally spelled descend wrongly. Quick someone call me out on it, preferably with a rude name attached.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Tradition doesn't have to be chased off with a pitchfork. I'll keep calling them Bond Girls, until it becomes a punishable offense.

As for NTTD, getting closer to the release, has only heightened my concerns, the appalling title song hasn't helped either. People love it, good for you, but I dislike it.
    The edit button is your friend. ;)
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Tradition doesn't have to be chased off with a pitchfork. I'll keep calling them Bond Girls, until it becomes a punishable offense.

As for NTTD, getting closer to the release, has only heightened my concerns, the appalling title song hasn't helped either. People love it, good for you, but I dislike it.

I'd probably like it a lot more if we hadn't gotten TWOTW last time. Very similar in tone and structure.

That's true. I hate one and I like the other. But the intrusion of one when I hear the other is quite bothersome.
    Let's be thankful it isn't the garbage vomit that is "Another Way to Die".
    EWWWWWWWW.

;)

Really though, of all the songs it's the only one I didn't like on first listen and just got worse over time. I didn't like WOTW, but that grew from bad to tolerable over time.
    The difference is White pulled that out of the bag very quickly.

It is the worst thing he has done, although I can listen to it but TWOTW, it's like listening to nails down a blackboard.

Jack White has shown time and time again he can write and produce great songs, whereas Sam Smith has a sell by date and it is most likely close to expiring.

I am Jack White fan but then again I am a fan of music not torture.
    Curious, as I'd call AWTD torture.

But then again I'm not really a Jack White fan. Could never take to his weird vocals that sound like it went through a ton of processing in the mixing.
    Curious, as I'd call AWTD torture.

But then again I'm not really a Jack White fan. Could never take to his weird vocals that sound like it went through a ton of processing in the mixing.

It might on that song but White is back to basics man, mostly analogue, the man can play many instruments and produces most of his own work as well as others.

Sam Smith is mere footnote in music in comparison and that falsetto is painful.

He's not exactly Jeff Buckley at the end of the day.
    For me AWTD and WOTW are both among the weaker songs of the whole series (I prefer the former a little), but YKMN, SF, and NTTD are all arguably among the strongest. Having two softer songs back to back with WOTW and NTTD kind of worried me, but it ended up okay because of how big of an improvement NTTD was. There are some recurring elements returning from SP in NTTD, so I’m hoping the film is much the same way as a big upgrade over SP - though I hope not too similar to begin with.
    I think what ultimately matters is if the song is suitable for the film, rather than whether it's too similar to the last one.

But I get it, old Bond songs of the past used to be pretty non-related to the film for the most part so that allowed the songs to be very different from each other. I love "A View to a Kill", but I have no idea how the lyrics are supposed be related to the actual plot of the film, whereas songs like "Goldfinger" and "Skyfall" have a ton of relevance to the plot and characters.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,043
    I think what ultimately matters is if the song is suitable for the film, rather than whether it's too similar to the last one.

But I get it, old Bond songs of the past used to be pretty non-related to the film for the most part so that allowed the songs to be very different from each other. I love "A View to a Kill", but I have no idea how the lyrics are supposed be related to the actual plot of the film, whereas songs like "Goldfinger" and "Skyfall" have a ton of relevance to the plot and characters.

I think it can go either way, listening to what BE and Finneas wrote it sounds like they cut to something very much vital to the story.

My argument with Smith was he couldn't find an in and rather than possibly going something to do with Bond and Blofeld, he wrote some tenuous thing about Bond falling in love and leaving.

Radiohead's SPECTRE song was much more ambiguous and mysterious, definitely more in keeping with the film.

The element that Smith used and the title just doesn't ring true.

So having the song be not really about anything just a play on the title is fine. Though if you are going to reference an element of the story because you aren't able to make the title work, make sure what your lyrics are depicting really rings true with the film and the character.

I'm afraid Sam Smith didn't do this regardless of the first UK no. 1 and 2nd title song Oscar of the series.

Adele and Epworth at least got this right.
    I worry when the PTS is too elaborate and the climax of the film is not more exciting or satisfying than the beginning, TWINE is a good example. NTTD PTS is sounding like it might unbalance the film.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    delfloria wrote: »
    I worry when the PTS is too elaborate and the climax of the film is not more exciting or satisfying than the beginning, TWINE is a good example. NTTD PTS is sounding like it might unbalance the film.
    @delfloria The pre-title sequences have always been more about spectacle, whereas the finales are always more explosive, and it looks to be the same for NTTD.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

@007Blofeld same but as i said many times. Reserve the judgement for April. Still i can't wait to see it in imax @-)

@Resurrection I hope I wrong bit I just don't feel that excited or enthusiastic for some reason.
    You won't have to worry, there won't be tampons flung in this film.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

@Resurrection I hope I wrong bit I just don't feel that excited or enthusiastic for some reason.

We will find out soon enough.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

I feel sorry for you. Couldn’t be more excited for a new Bond after waiting 5 years.
    My only real concern is the script/plot. Any script writer would prefer a blank sheet of paper. I fear they may have been in a similar situation re the last SW movie where the main role of the writer was to find an effective way to tie up the loose ends rather than write a great story. This is made harder by the fact that his is DC's last film and we cant really rely on the future Bond to carry forward any themes so everythng has to be concluded to the satisfaction of the audience as the final titles role.

This is a tremendous challenge for any script writer. Plus the "comings and goings" re the writers perhaps indicates that no one write came up with a superb concept that ticked all of the boxes.

Denbigh wrote: »
    @delfloria The pre-title sequences have always been more about spectacle, whereas the finales are always more explosive, and it looks to be the same for NTTD.

I grew up on GF, TB, YOLT and OHMSS................ all which had more spectacular elements at the end than the PTS. This just what I'm used to.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Denbigh wrote: »

I grew up on GF, TB, YOLT and OHMSS................ all which had more spectacular elements at the end than the PTS. This just what I'm used to.
    I guess there are exceptions, but I'd still consider those to fit with the mould I presented. A stunt based spectacular at the beginning, and an explosive finale. That still applies in many ways to the films you mention. The only real exception I can think of is From Russia with Love.

I just think most pre-title sequences are always more memorable than the finale and I think that's always their aim with these openings, and I don't think it unbalances it, because most finales aren't boring either, and the pre-titles have always been considered a whole James Bond movie in 10 to 15 minutes, even if they're connected to the grander plot, so it makes sense that they would be more elaborate to some degree.
    That's where we differ. The later Bond films that don't have a more memorable ending than the PTS are seriously flawed and don't leave me satisfied. Yes, it does unbalance the films. the climax of a film or story is supposed to be the CLIMAX. I'm just saying that THIS is my niggle about NTTD.