NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Every time I see more I get more confident, loving the mystery of this, so much we don't know and so much we haven't seen.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126
    Contraband wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Bond standing in front of that tomb (you know who) with a written note "forgive me"

Ok I was trying to read that to I wonder if it's from Vesper or Madeleine?
    It could be Vesper's, he's been saving it all these years in his pocket and now standing there trying to come to an closure and moving on with Swann
    Pocket? I don't remember that? I wonder if my Craig era knowledge is fuzzy @Contraband
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think Safin was created to top Silva....as Silva is Craig's Best Bond Villain yet.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Bond standing in front of that tomb (you know who) with a written note "forgive me"

It could be Vesper's, he's been saving it all these years in his pocket and now standing there trying to come to an closure and moving on with Swann
    Pocket? I don't remember that? I wonder if my Craig era knowledge is fuzzy @Contraband
    I meant if she wrote back in CR (as unseen footage) before she dies, he could have found it and kept it all this years.

I meant if she wrote back in CR (as unseen footage) before she dies, he could have found it and kept it all this years.

Aw gotcha

Or maybe it's from Bond present day, maybe putting in/on the tomb.. to you know who

Or maybe it's from Bond present day, maybe putting in/on the tomb.. to you know who

It could be anything really its definitely intriguing.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,526
    My initial reaction was that the note was written by
    Madeleine.
  • infoviseinfovise Ireland
    I'm loving the dialogue in these trailers, the more I see of NTTD the more I want to see it, I'm getting more excited everyday :D
    My initial reaction was that the note was written by
    Madeleine.

Could be. But then again:
    She's standing on the balcony with a piece of burning paper but that's the night before he is standing at the grave.

True.
    How many burning notes are going to be in this film??
    True.
    How many burning notes are going to be in this film??

Only one - Craig burning the script and walks away :P
    Damn! Didn't see he was burning the damn note the first time. My bad.

*back to the guessing game*
    The spot also aired during E!'s red carpet coverage a little while ago.
    Hopefully a high-quality version is out soon! Not watching TV myself (haven’t had cable in a while).
    antovolk wrote: »
    The spot also aired during E!'s red carpet coverage a little while ago.

I wonder if its apart of the full second trailer.
  • 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    The burning note is something traditionally people do.

It’s a note to a deceased relative or loved one.

It’s part of the festival going on in the background and why there is burnt furniture around the city.

A simple google search can clear the mystery up.

Obviously Swann gets Bond to visit her grave and well we know the rest.

As for Maddy she burns her note in secret on the balcony. Either for her father or maybe for Safin (she may think he’s dead) or something else...
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,018
    deleted
    So Bond burns a note (with his handwriting) in front of
    Vesper's
    grave, with the words "forgive me". Dr. Swann is doing a good job ;) Or is she?

My take on it, anyway.
  • @Contraband that video has nothing to do with NTTD and in particular it’s trailer (which this thread is about).......why bother posting it?
    @Contraband that video has nothing to do with NTTD and in particular it’s trailer (which this thread is about).......why bother posting it?

I know. Posted it in the wrong thread.

(Plus, like you haven't posted irrelevant stuff in some thread now and then)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Still SUPER excited and we still know next to nothing. I cannot bloody wait :D
    They’re talking on the radio about how Eilish May perform the NTTD theme song later on at the Academy Awards. I would be surprised if this happened. Who knows whether she has even finished recording it yet.
    Bounine wrote: »
    They’re talking on the radio about how Eilish May perform the NTTD theme song later on at the Academy Awards. I would be surprised if this happened. Who knows whether she has even finished recording it yet.

Eilish and Finneas confirmed it’s been done for a while...

Anyway she isn’t performing it tonight for sure, she confirmed it herself
    Is Craig at the Oscar ?

I don’t think she has confirmed his herself, the only things she’s confirmed is that she’s doing the In Memoriam section. She could theoretically be doing both (though, unlikely).

I don’t think she has confirmed his herself, the only things she’s confirmed is that she’s doing the In Memoriam section. She could theoretically be doing both (though, unlikely).

She has confirmed she’s performing a cover so..
    edited February 2020 Posts: 7,526

She has confirmed she’s performing a cover so..

Yes, she’s performing a cover of Yesterday for the In Memoriam section. Again, it’s technically possible for her to do both. To your point, it does seem very unlikely though.
    So, she’s finished it. Anyway, wouldn’t Eon consider it to be a little early to perform the song?
    Why is Billie always singing so "low" and "whisperish"

I had some hopes that she'll sing differently for the Bond song but idk..95% of her songs are like this..

This is even "slower" than SPECTRE's song..

I think the song will be serviceable and ok, but idk, I really hope the instrumental is faster at least