OMEGA appreciation thread (formerly Reliable Omega replica watches?)

Comments

• TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Desmond Llewelyn‘s original Seamaster is for sale: https://www.chrono24.de/omega/desmond-llewelyns-seamaster--id11807957.htm
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    How interesting. Didn't realise or notice that Q wore the SMP in TND....
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Did he?
    pierce-brosnan-desmond-llewelyn-tomorrow-never-dies-1997-HEHE7M.jpg

And why 25.7.96?? TND was in preproduction then...
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Just got this today! Understated beauty!

49324814048_90a15cb0e5_b.jpg

That's an interesting replica ;) Almost fooled me, @imranbecks. I am right am I not? The seconds hand is a slim arrow and not a sphere; the "0" is a small coloured sphere instead of an "0"; the glass isn't sapphire crystal;... Heck, do tell me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem to be the real thing :-D

If it's real, I'll eat my hat, I assure you, my friend ;) But i was under the impression you abhorred replicas and had a real CR 300 and a real AT.

Prepare to swallow your words. No replica or fake looks as good as this. You clearly have no idea what you're saying. There are ways to spot a fake but what you mentioned with 0 and coloured sphere makes no sense. And the last thing I want is to fool anyone with a fake.

And funny you said mine is fake when it isn't, clearly. But yet you fail to see the post a user made on page 8 here of his Planet Ocean that is clearly a fake.

As for my Seamaster 300, its real. Model ref no. 233.30.41.21.01.001 >>> https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-300-omega-master-co-axial-41-mm-23330412101001

So yes, please be my guest and eat your hat.

Here's a wristshot I took at the Omega boutique after I made my purchase. They were nice to include the nato strap free of charge.

49326347417_f24242704a_b.jpg

FYI, the watch is my latest Omega acquisition. I now have this Seamaster 300, along with the SMP and the AT you mentioned.

So yes, go eat your hat.

Bon appetit.

49360770607_c2c9d4099f_b.jpg
    49362030646_5c204d9620_b.jpg
    49325515397_4a38ff865c_b.jpg
    49360770362_7d201b7620_b.jpg
    49337304248_6422aef91b_b.jpg

Here's a tip, in the future before calling out someone on a fake watch, check your facts on the model first and learn how to tell them apart. If the watch ends up being real, you've only embarrassed yourself like you have here.

But that's ok, I've only spent SGD8,850 on it, only for someone who doesn't know watches to call it a fake.

Cheers.

Take it easy and re read my post. I was being amicable. And I truly thought it was a replica (isn’t it the thread’s title anyway?) because there are some details that differentiate it from the SP watch (those i mentioned). Maybe you can teach me on why it is different. Damn it, man, I wasn’t calling you on anything. I was actually surprised because I have the notion you do understand and appreciate watches. Heck, want to shoot me for it, I’ll rather go have a talk with my old friend Dell Deaton. I’m sure he’d laugh with me and then explain me why the piece is different from the one I know. I’ll be waiting to be informed as I truly am curious. Calm down and then come back, I’ll be here. Here’s a virtual hug in the meantime.

PS: after some research I now understand they made some differences on the watch after the SP edition. I’ll eat my words now, you don’t need to feed them angrily to me ;)

It’s a beautiful piece, although I did prefer those slight original details.

PPS: again, don’t shoot me.

The official Spectre Seamaster 300 watch is a limited edition of 7,007 pieces. Value for it has gone up since 2015. Its now valued at around 20% its retail price. The difference on the Spectre being the lollipop seconds hand, bigger Omega logo on the dial and a 12hr GMT bezel. I was on the verge of getting the Spectre but decided to save me the $4k and get the regular non-Spectre watch instead. Perhaps some other time?

At the end of the day, they are basically still the same watch except for the differences in aesthetics mentioned above. I'm enjoying the watch thus far. It still screams Spectre to me when I look at it especially with the Bond nato strap it's on. SGD8550 new compared to the Spectre that's selling used for SGD11000+

The Spectre limited edition and the non-Spectre Seamaster 300 side by side...
    49323396606_5f36de1c82_b.jpg

Thank you!

By the way, the regular Seamaster 300 came out first in 2014 before the Spectre Seamaster 300 was unveiled in 2015. Here's a review of the regular Seamaster 300, the one that I have... FYI. https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/a-week-on-the-wrist-omega-seamaster-300-master-co-axial

The hat tasted fine, btw ;)

That's a big price difference for little, well, difference. Are you planing on adding the new 300 to you collection?

My PO was priced a little under 3000€ in 2008, and that was crazy money for me even then. I know so little about luxury watches that it remained without service until now, and now, well, let's just say that it's been in repair for 4 months at Omega, and the bill was jaw dropping.

That's an interesting replica ;) Almost fooled me, @imranbecks. I am right am I not? The seconds hand is a slim arrow and not a sphere; the "0" is a small coloured sphere instead of an "0"; the glass isn't sapphire crystal;... Heck, do tell me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem to be the real thing :-D

If it's real, I'll eat my hat, I assure you, my friend ;) But i was under the impression you abhorred replicas and had a real CR 300 and a real AT.

Prepare to swallow your words. No replica or fake looks as good as this. You clearly have no idea what you're saying. There are ways to spot a fake but what you mentioned with 0 and coloured sphere makes no sense. And the last thing I want is to fool anyone with a fake.

And funny you said mine is fake when it isn't, clearly. But yet you fail to see the post a user made on page 8 here of his Planet Ocean that is clearly a fake.

As for my Seamaster 300, its real. Model ref no. 233.30.41.21.01.001 >>> https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-omega-seamaster-300-omega-master-co-axial-41-mm-23330412101001

Here's a wristshot I took at the Omega boutique after I made my purchase. They were nice to include the nato strap free of charge.

FYI, the watch is my latest Omega acquisition. I now have this Seamaster 300, along with the SMP and the AT you mentioned.

So yes, go eat your hat.

Bon appetit.

Here's a tip, in the future before calling out someone on a fake watch, check your facts on the model first and learn how to tell them apart. If the watch ends up being real, you've only embarrassed yourself like you have here.

But that's ok, I've only spent SGD8,850 on it, only for someone who doesn't know watches to call it a fake.

Cheers.

Take it easy and re read my post. I was being amicable. And I truly thought it was a replica (isn’t it the thread’s title anyway?) because there are some details that differentiate it from the SP watch (those i mentioned). Maybe you can teach me on why it is different. Damn it, man, I wasn’t calling you on anything. I was actually surprised because I have the notion you do understand and appreciate watches. Heck, want to shoot me for it, I’ll rather go have a talk with my old friend Dell Deaton. I’m sure he’d laugh with me and then explain me why the piece is different from the one I know. I’ll be waiting to be informed as I truly am curious. Calm down and then come back, I’ll be here. Here’s a virtual hug in the meantime.

PS: after some research I now understand they made some differences on the watch after the SP edition. I’ll eat my words now, you don’t need to feed them angrily to me ;)

The official Spectre Seamaster 300 watch is a limited edition of 7,007 pieces. Value for it has gone up since 2015. Its now valued at around 20% its retail price. The difference on the Spectre being the lollipop seconds hand, bigger Omega logo on the dial and a 12hr GMT bezel. I was on the verge of getting the Spectre but decided to save me the $4k and get the regular non-Spectre watch instead. Perhaps some other time?

At the end of the day, they are basically still the same watch except for the differences in aesthetics mentioned above. I'm enjoying the watch thus far. It still screams Spectre to me when I look at it especially with the Bond nato strap it's on. SGD8550 new compared to the Spectre that's selling used for SGD11000+

Thank you!

By the way, the regular Seamaster 300 came out first in 2014 before the Spectre Seamaster 300 was unveiled in 2015. Here's a review of the regular Seamaster 300, the one that I have... FYI. https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/a-week-on-the-wrist-omega-seamaster-300-master-co-axial

That's a big price difference for little, well, difference. Are you planing on adding the new 300 to you collection?

My PO was priced a little under 3000€ in 2008, and that was crazy money for me even then. I know so little about luxury watches that it remained without service until now, and now, well, let's just say that it's been in repair for 4 months at Omega, and the bill was jaw dropping.

I'll wait for the price to drop for the No Time To Die titanium watch. Its way too high now.

What was wrong with your PO from 2008 that it needed servicing? Yes, servicing is costly, but the watch will come back looking like new.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Presumably the listing is wrong and he was just gifted one for promoting the watch (I’ve not seen that publicity image of him and Pierce before- shame it’s out of focus).
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    mtm wrote: »

Presumably the listing is wrong and he was just gifted one for promoting the watch (I’ve not seen that publicity image of him and Pierce before- shame it’s out of focus).

The image is from TWINE:
    GettyImages-146200793-e1575894260457.jpg?auto=compress,enhance,format&crop=faces,entropy,edges&fit=crop&w=724&h=492

Can't be from 1996 :-??
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Nice, thanks for that. But they probably gave him other ones after GE and TND- these guys tend to get lots of nice little pressies from he sponsors. Didn’t Pierce get an Aston? :)
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe

I think so, too. And it must be a promotion back in 1996 then. If true at all.

So yes, go eat your hat.

Bon appetit.

Cheers.

Thank you!

I'll wait for the price to drop for the No Time To Die titanium watch. Its way too high now.

What was wrong with your PO from 2008 that it needed servicing? Yes, servicing is costly, but the watch will come back looking like new.

It ended up needing an absurd amount of new pieces from Omega. It was loosing a lot of time everyday, and even stoping while on my wrist, being wound up with all its power reserve. It never had been serviced, mind you, I didn't even know it needed to be. But 4 months is a helluva long time to be without it, as you can imagine. Can't wait to have it back.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

So yes, go eat your hat.

Bon appetit.

Cheers.

Thank you!

It ended up needing an absurd amount of new pieces from Omega. It was loosing a lot of time everyday, and even stoping while on my wrist, being wound up with all its power reserve. It never had been serviced, mind you, I didn't even know it needed to be. But 4 months is a helluva long time to be without it, as you can imagine. Can't wait to have it back.

Yikes. I do love a beautiful luxury watch and have a few, but they are kind of bonkers. If you buy a new sports car you're getting something beautiful and the pinnacle of current technology. A new watch on the other hand is beautiful and gorgeously made, but in terms of what they do it's hard to say that an eco-drive, bluetoothed-up, radio-controlled digital watch isn't miles ahead in terms of functionality- and never needs servicing! :D

I totally get why folks like them because I do too, but it is one of the most illogical industries going! :)

On the subject of digital watches, for a bit of fun I asked for one of these for Christmas:
    6801a1d25de6a180da110864e13f081d43417478.jpg

I'm sure you guys know this one (and the watch it kind of tips a nod to), but it's so much fun!

And I was kind of wondering why someone doesn't just do a straight up replica of the Seiko Octopussy watch? If they could get Seiko to approve it you could even sell it through the 007 store or something? I reckon it would sell really well- this watch is even known as the 'Casio Royale' so it shows people love them! :D

The Octopussy Seiko has got to be the Bond watch with the most close-ups, hasn't it? I guess the Brosnan Seamasters would come next, but only across all of his films.

So yes, go eat your hat.

Bon appetit.

Cheers.

Thank you!

I haven't had any experience with servicing an Omega since none of my Omega's require any servicing yet. The oldest one being my SMP that I got in 2012. So far so good. But I have heard from others that it does take at least 12 weeks or more for a watch from an Omega servicing to get back to you. Extremely long time....
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    How often do they need servicing? I only have one Omega and it's a vintage one which I got last year as a gift- I know it was serviced then but I'm not really sure how to care for it!
    :)
    How often do they need servicing? I only have one Omega and it's a vintage one which I got last year as a gift- I know it was serviced then but I'm not really sure how to care for it!

Servicing is an option only when the watch isn't accurate anymore or stopped working entirely. You don't bring in a good working condition watch in for servicing unless it has issues. You can own an automatic watch and not have it serviced for 10 or 20 years if it doesn't show any signs of wear or inaccuracies in timing. When you take it in for servicing, Omega will replace any worn parts and fix anything that is broken eg. the movement. The good part out of that is that the watch will come back looking new and in good working condition of course.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Servicing is an option only when the watch isn't accurate anymore or stopped working entirely. You don't bring in a good working condition watch in for servicing unless it has issues. You can own an automatic watch and not have it serviced for 10 or 20 years if it doesn't show any signs of wear or inaccuracies in timing. When you take it in for servicing, Omega will replace any worn parts and fix anything that is broken eg. the movement. The good part out of that is that the watch will come back looking new and in good working condition of course.

Thank you; that's good news :)

So yes, go eat your hat.

Bon appetit.

Cheers.

Thank you!

Yikes. I do love a beautiful luxury watch and have a few, but they are kind of bonkers. If you buy a new sports car you're getting something beautiful and the pinnacle of current technology. A new watch on the other hand is beautiful and gorgeously made, but in terms of what they do it's hard to say that an eco-drive, bluetoothed-up, radio-controlled digital watch isn't miles ahead in terms of functionality- and never needs servicing! :D

I totally get why folks like them because I do too, but it is one of the most illogical industries going! :)

On the subject of digital watches, for a bit of fun I asked for one of these for Christmas:

I'm sure you guys know this one (and the watch it kind of tips a nod to), but it's so much fun!

And I was kind of wondering why someone doesn't just do a straight up replica of the Seiko Octopussy watch? If they could get Seiko to approve it you could even sell it through the 007 store or something? I reckon it would sell really well- this watch is even known as the 'Casio Royale' so it shows people love them! :D

The Octopussy Seiko has got to be the Bond watch with the most close-ups, hasn't it? I guess the Brosnan Seamasters would come next, but only across all of his films.

Oh I just though: maybe it's the Live and Let Die Rolex? With two gadgets that have repeated use that's got to be a contender for most screen time?
    edited January 2020 Posts: 972

So yes, go eat your hat.

Bon appetit.

Cheers.

Thank you!

Oh I just though: maybe it's the Live and Let Die Rolex? With two gadgets that have repeated use that's got to be a contender for most screen time?

The Live and Let Die Rolex Submariner with the buzzsaw for a bezel had a good screen time indeed. I remember the prop was sold a few years ago for quite a sum.... Its such a vintage piece now too.

I hope to own a Rolex Submariner one day. But it's such a common watch here in Singapore. I see many people here wearing a Sub whenever I go out. The closest I have to it is an homage from Steinhart. Updated with the ceramic bezel of course. I even added the two piece nato strap, Goldfinger style!

49297671808_f831028b3f_b.jpg
    49201862076_6476b05bb0_b.jpg

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That nice. Steinhart do a lovely vintage-looking watch too, I can’t remember the name.

I do remember seeing the LALD watch at that auction; well one of them, I expect it’s been sold since. I think this one was in the 90s: Oddjob’s hat was the big star item.
    Finally found the time to take all 3 of them together....

The Bond Seamaster family.

49383634562_8751b836be_b.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Number 3 for me please! :) Great line-up though.

Do you have a favourite?
    Number 3 for me please! :) Great line-up though.

Do you have a favourite?

Its gotta be the Aqua Terra. The blue dial is just stunningly beautiful.
    Back to wearing my Aqua Terra today at work after more than a week of wearing the Spectre Seamaster......

Almost forgot how good it looks!

49387842443_b0211c7c36_b.jpg
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    Back to wearing my Aqua Terra today at work after more than a week of wearing the Spectre Seamaster......

Almost forgot how good it looks!

49387842443_b0211c7c36_b.jpg

This is my one and only watch. I wear it every day no matter the occasion. Super versatile. Great timepiece.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It’s extremely handsome- would work in every situation, as you say.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    It's also a favourite of Craig outside of him playing Bond.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

So yes, go eat your hat.

Bon appetit.

Cheers.

Thank you!

The Live and Let Die Rolex Submariner with the buzzsaw for a bezel had a good screen time indeed. I remember the prop was sold a few years ago for quite a sum.... Its such a vintage piece now too.

I hope to own a Rolex Submariner one day. But it's such a common watch here in Singapore. I see many people here wearing a Sub whenever I go out. The closest I have to it is an homage from Steinhart. Updated with the ceramic bezel of course. I even added the two piece nato strap, Goldfinger style!

49297671808_f831028b3f_b.jpg
    49201862076_6476b05bb0_b.jpg

That's a nice watch. Very Bondian.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Octopussy wrote: »
    It's also a favourite of Craig outside of him playing Bond.
    He also likes a chronograph: I wouldn’t mind seeing Bond in one occasionally. I know he had one very briefly at the end of Spectre so it doesn’t seem out of character.
    Bond in Chinatown ;)

49403046022_6ce9c52821_b.jpg
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    Omega Seamaster from GE is a perfect entry luxury timepiece.
    Rolex Submariner on the other hand should be the holy grail of any Bond fan :D

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    Can you get the titanium Milanese band on the regular Seamaster? I like the new NTTD watch but I don't like not seeing the moving parts at the back
    edited January 2020 Posts: 972
    w2bond wrote: »
    Can you get the titanium Milanese band on the regular Seamaster? I like the new NTTD watch but I don't like not seeing the moving parts at the back

For now you can purchase aftermarket ones or the ones from Staib. The watch will only be available in February and only then will we know if Omega would sell a mesh bracelet separately. But I doubt Omega would sell the titanium mesh separately since the titanium is exclusive to the NTTD watch. If they do sell a mesh separately, it would probably be made of stainless steel.