What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• edited January 2020 Posts: 6,677
    It's certainly going to be interesting to see what Eilish wears to the premiere - especially if the Queen is there. I'm kinda into it. Shake up the established order and introduce some anarchy.

billie-eilish-01.jpg?w=1024

Sorry to burst your bubble old chap, but the Queen has been rocking the fluorescent green way before Eilish was born.

queen_neon_green_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqMWdsSKKvzw-FGx9TwBukTOrY7T6cn6uRPoddFei6uDE.jpg?imwidth=450

But your need to "Shake up the established order and introduce some anarchy" was dully noted, as if we didn't already know :P
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Back on topic, please, folks.
    @ringfire211, I already asked you to refrain from further discussions of this nature. Please discuss Billie Eilish without the superstitious bogus, or stay away from this thread. Thank you.

Hehe, "nature". Very apt. Sorry @DarthDimi, couldn't resist. ;)
    Univex wrote: »
    It's certainly going to be interesting to see what Eilish wears to the premiere - especially if the Queen is there. I'm kinda into it. Shake up the established order and introduce some anarchy.

billie-eilish-01.jpg?w=1024

Sorry to burst your bubble old chap, but the Queen has been rocking the fluorescent green way before Eilish was born.

queen_neon_green_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqMWdsSKKvzw-FGx9TwBukTOrY7T6cn6uRPoddFei6uDE.jpg?imwidth=450

But your need to "Shake up the established order and introduce some anarchy" was dully noted, as if we didn't already know :P

:))
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    FWIW: My thirteen-year-old daughter is suddenly interested in a Bond film for the first since...well, forever. We have been joking, back and forth, that our worlds are colliding. She, of course, is an Eilish fan.

I don't think Eilish will disappoint. I also think the song will be released earlier than expected. I am thinking early to mid February.

Seems like Zimmer and Eilish *are* working together somewhat... https://www.slashfilm.com/no-time-to-die-theme-song/
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    antovolk wrote: »
    Seems like Zimmer and Eilish *are* working together somewhat... https://www.slashfilm.com/no-time-to-die-theme-song/

Well now! I wonder to what extent this will go. With Zimmer on a tight schedule, it seems reasonable to not only bring in collaborators like Marr to help out but also use Eilish’s song as the backbone. I don’t want to raise my expectations too much but Zimmer is making it difficult not to!
    Gotta remember that Zimmer has actually been working on this since late Nov/early Dec...
    Was that confirmed?
    Was that confirmed?

All but, by the guy running Hans-Zimmer.com who's close to RCP and Hans...
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited January 2020 Posts: 1,006
    And don’t forget that in a live concert from early October Zimmer mentioned he was working on a “top secret project” for 2020.... so his work on NTTD might very well go back even further.
    And don’t forget that in a live concert from early October Zimmer mentioned he was working on a “top secret project” for 2020.... so his work on NTTD might very well go back even further.

So how early did Romer get fired?
    I assume early enough that he didn't finish his score.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I assume early enough that he didn't finish his score.

Yeah, I think so too....although, just out of sheer curiosity, I would have liked to hear his approach for the score....even if it's a few tracks.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I think Romer was gone much sooner.

Just cause they leak or it gets announced doesn't mean this is when it happens.

That comment from HZ from one of our members that back in October at one of his concerts mentioned being attached to an exciting project of a life time. Also hearing Hans has been friends with BB for a good while, yeah this has been going quite a bit longer than has originally been assumed.

EON have kept a much tighter lid on things this time round, Waller Bridge & Burns involvement not likely to have happened when it was revealed.

There seems to be a perception this production is haphazard. I think they know exactly what they are doing, it is just in this internet age people want to know everything and if they don't they start to say everything is doomed.

Just because certain individuals that sit at home and trawl the internet for things don't find these things out doesn't mean they haven't already happened.

Thankfully EON leaned from getting their dirty washing aired in public last time.

We really don't know the full plot for this we don't know for sure what the PTS looks like and the film for a good majority is a mystery, just pure speculation and I like others love it.

• edited January 2020 Posts: 503
    TripAces wrote: »
    FWIW: My thirteen-year-old daughter is suddenly interested in a Bond film for the first since...well, forever. We have been joking, back and forth, that our worlds are colliding. She, of course, is an Eilish fan.

I don't think Eilish will disappoint. I also think the song will be released earlier than expected. I am thinking early to mid February.

I'm glad Eilish will hopefully bring some younger folk into the Bond-fan fold.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Just wondering if Eilish might appear in the title sequence, dressed like a Bond Girl singing...with Craig's Bond doing some action in silhouette....sort of Eilish in Sheena Easton mode, but in Daniel Kleinman's style....but then again Billie Eilish still needs a separate Music Video for her theme song.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2020 Posts: 2,541
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Just wondering if Eilish might appear in the title sequence, dressed like a Bond Girl singing...with Craig's Bond doing some action in silhouette....sort of Eilish in Sheena Easton mode, but in Daniel Kleinman's style....but then again Billie Eilish still needs a separate Music Video for her theme song.

Could be but I doubt that. She would definitely have separate music video. I wish Adele would have done that as well.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    TripAces wrote: »

This is why I think that, regardless of how good the song ends up, Eilish was a smart hire by Eon. I don't think Adele and certainly not Sam Smith had such a large group of dedicated fans like Eilish seems to.
  • Walecs wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Yes, but blaming Lucifer for suicide rates when the world is literally going on fire due to climate changes is kinda stupid.
    Haha!! Thanks for the good laugh, buddy. So you’re one of those. The end is near. We won’t make it till next year because another wildfire lit up California and another hurricane hit Florida. Straight out of Bernie Sanders’ playbook. News flash - there’s always been wildfires in CA and there’s always been hurricanes in FL! Yet no one screamed the sky is falling over these “calamities” just 20 years ago. It’s a modern fad to ignore all other problems and focus on “climate change”. Remember how Al Gore promoted Global Warming until this “truth” became “inconvenient” so they changed it to “climate change”? Don’t worry, in another year or two they’ll think of something else. Maybe turn off the TV and go outside and smell the fresh air instead of listening to the fear mongers whose only goal is to make a buck.

Honest question, why would Lucifer be more plausible than climate changes?
    No one said climate change isn’t plausible. Climate change has been a fact since as far back as we can remember. Climate constantly changes. One winter is super cold, the next one very mild. That’s a fact of life. No reason to create a panic like the end of the world is near because of this. As for Lucifer, as sure as there is evil in the world there is Lucifer.

And there was me feeling guilty for taking the thread off track for mentioning Duran Duran!!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 2020 Posts: 4,554
    antovolk wrote: »

From what I read in a separate article, Eilish's song is already recorded. So either that is incorrect OR Zimmer was on board a lot earlier than believed (as some have pointed out here) OR Zimmer is involved in mixing the song.
    You´re probably too young to have ever heard of The Sex Pistols, and probably the thought never occurred to you that a) anarchy never does much good for human society, and b) Eilish´s clothing is as designed and expensive as was The Sex Pistols´.
    Yeah, I´m being too serious. But I don´t care.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Yes, but blaming Lucifer for suicide rates when the world is literally going on fire due to climate changes is kinda stupid.
    Haha!! Thanks for the good laugh, buddy. So you’re one of those. The end is near. We won’t make it till next year because another wildfire lit up California and another hurricane hit Florida. Straight out of Bernie Sanders’ playbook. News flash - there’s always been wildfires in CA and there’s always been hurricanes in FL! Yet no one screamed the sky is falling over these “calamities” just 20 years ago. It’s a modern fad to ignore all other problems and focus on “climate change”. Remember how Al Gore promoted Global Warming until this “truth” became “inconvenient” so they changed it to “climate change”? Don’t worry, in another year or two they’ll think of something else. Maybe turn off the TV and go outside and smell the fresh air instead of listening to the fear mongers whose only goal is to make a buck.

No one said climate change isn’t plausible. Climate change has been a fact since as far back as we can remember. Climate constantly changes. One winter is super cold, the next one very mild. That’s a fact of life. No reason to create a panic like the end of the world is near because of this. As for Lucifer, as sure as there is evil in the world there is Lucifer.

This is the second time you ignored our request to walk away from this discussion, which we will not be having in any way. Check your PM.
  • DarthDimi wrote: »

This is the second time you ignored our request to walk away from this discussion, which we will not be having in any way. Check your PM.
    Well, apparently the other individual keeps this discussion going so why don’t you tell him to “walk away”? Or is it because you agree with his beliefs and not mine so you decided for the rest of the forum that it’s I that should walk away? Sorry, I don’t play that game. Who are you again?
    @DarthDimi is one of the forum mods.
    Great to hear that Zimmer is approaching this score in a collaborative way. This is the way Bond scores are supposed to be done.

Let's face it, the Bond theme itself is effectively a collaboration between Monty Norman and John Barry.

The film scores almost always come out best when the composer is collaborative by nature.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 565
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Well, apparently the other individual keeps this discussion going so why don’t you tell him to “walk away”? Or is it because you agree with his beliefs and not mine so you decided for the rest of the forum that it’s I that should walk away? Sorry, I don’t play that game. Who are you again?
    Unfortunately this has been the case for several former forum members. As much as I sympathize with the mods' efforts to keep the conversations in line, they do have a tendency to favor a side. If there's no reason to bring up religion, the same, one would think, would apply for climate change.

Regardless, I share your disdain for the satanic nature of Eilish's music and also find her music (as a whole) not appropriate for Bond. The only thing it matches is the relentless self-absorbed emo trip that has been plaguing the Craig films. The Colbert video sums it up quite well, IMO.
    The Colbert bit is a joke, as it was meant to be. Even referencing the fact that CBS’s demographics tends to skew old, so he goes for the most off “out there” bit of music by Eilish to comedic effect.

But if we’re to look for a song that might indicate where she could go with Bond, then I think a song like “Ocean Eyes” is more likely something we’ll get than something like “Bad Guy”.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited January 2020 Posts: 23,559
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Unfortunately this has been the case for several former forum members. As much as I sympathize with the mods' efforts to keep the conversations in line, they do have a tendency to favor a side. If there's no reason to bring up religion, the same, one would think, would apply for climate change.
    1. We never pick a side in a debate we don't want to have. We do, however, call the ones who "keep bringing it up" to order.
    2. The statements apply to climate change in this thread as well. We don't make all our friendlies public, especially if the member in question quit returning to it, which @ringfire211 refused to do. We asked ringfire211 a first time; then a second time; then a third time. Clearly, we're not picking sides in a debate; we're merely keeping this thread from travelling to entirely different places.
    3. Even then, religion, specifically, was found to be too sensitive a topic for some a few years ago, when we had a religion thread going. Most members demanded that we simply wouldn't allow that topic anymore. The mod team agreed.

So as much as I can understand why you're saying what you're saying, @JamesStock, please accept that we do not favor a side; we favor cooperation whenever a thread is about to be derailed. This thread is about Billie Eilish, not about satan, the bible, climate change or anything, and we politely ask everyone to stick to discussing Eilish.
    Was she meaning to make a jab at Marvel without naming them?
This discussion has been closed.