What do you want from Billie Eilish's NTTD's title song?

Comments

• RyanRyan Canada
    muzz100 wrote: »
    The DC films have been badly served overall by the theme songs. Let’s hope it’s a belter.
    I don't know what the consensus is on the forum but I think it's even so far. Two cracking songs (YKMN, Skyfall), and two terrible ones. All in my humble opinion of course.
    Two Oscars and other prizes for the titelsongs proves that EON might get it right sometimes even if some fans do not appreciate anything outside their own taste or comfortzone.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Am I the only one who is troubled when these “kids” sing about Lucifer and Satan?? And then people wonder why the world is nuts today and why so many tragedies happen involving young people. What’s the point of a song like “All Good Girls Go To Hell”? When you sing songs like this you basically make a conscious choice to sell your soul to the devil. It would make my skin crawl to sing some of those lyrics that she sings. “My Lucifer is lonely”. Really??? What compels people today to sing stuff like this??? Nothing more optimistic and positive to sing about? And then we have all these teen suicides rising at such an alarming rate!!! People say “he or she must have been battling demons”. Well, of course! They dedicate their life to these demons.

I’m sorry for this aside but I have a hard time feeling positive about someone like this joining our franchise. Bond singers used to have class. Where is Dame Shirley Bassey?

Dance into the fire...
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    I’m looking forward to Billie Eilish’s contribution to the Bond legacy as far as the theme is concerned. Her voice is definitely (and effortlessly) haunting, ethereal, elegant, AND it’s well beyond her years. I went back and listened to a handful of songs recently and I think it’s safe to say we’re in good hands. She’s a true artist - let’s see what she comes up with.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Ryan wrote: »
    The DC films have been badly served overall by the theme songs. Let’s hope it’s a belter.
    I don't know what the consensus is on the forum but I think it's even so far. Two cracking songs (YKMN, Skyfall), and two terrible ones. All in my humble opinion of course.

I like all of them to a degree.

YKMN: A-
    AWTD: B-
    SF: A
    WOTW: B+
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    TripAces wrote: »

Pretty much my feelings as well, @TripAces.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Barbara said it's going to be an epic love story so it could be romantic song.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 12,287
    TripAces wrote: »

I'd go:

YKMN: A+
    AWTD: C-
    SF: A+
    WOTW: C-

YKMN and SF are two of my favorite songs of the series, while AWTD and WOTW are two of my least favorites.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Imagine if they announce a week later "due to creative differences Billie is not going to be singing the song" :))
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 5,185
    I’m looking forward to Billie Eilish’s contribution to the Bond legacy as far as the theme is concerned. Her voice is definitely (and effortlessly) haunting, ethereal, elegant, AND it’s well beyond her years. I went back and listened to a handful of songs recently and I think it’s safe to say we’re in good hands. She’s a true artist - let’s see what she comes up with.

Very true. If you listen to a Song like idontwannabeyouanymore, you would think she is in her mid twenties or older. People get hung up on her age and appearance too much imho.
    Well just like in a Adele style song. So I hope to hear by next month February or March
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Maybe the James Bond theme was referenced in Eilish's Song....although Adele was the last to use it.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 4,400
    The problem with going with someone who is so ‘current’ and ‘relevant’, is the concern over how current and relevant will they be in another 10 or 20 years.

If I recall correctly, Garbage were a critically lauded band in the late 1990s. They were cool and edgy. They won awards and were massive international success (Though I was only 7 at the time, so need someone to clarify). Now their theme is merely a footnote in the Bond legacy and no one really care who Garbage are……..

wp2293792.jpg
    Imagine if they announce a week later "due to creative differences Billie is not going to be singing the song" :))

A lot of the theme song decision-making has to do with marketing. So I suspect that Eon are probably happy with whatever Eilish delivers. Remember, Eon know Madonna's song was trash but they wanted Madonna for the press and that was the trade off.

I can see Eilish's style to the Dragon tattoo titles..........

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The problem with going with someone who is so ‘current’ and ‘relevant’, is the concern over how current and relevant will they be in another 10 or 20 years.

If I recall correctly, Garbage were a critically lauded band in the late 1990s. They were cool and edgy. They won awards and were massive international success (Though I was only 7 at the time, so need someone to clarify). Now their theme is merely a footnote in the Bond legacy and no one really care who Garbage are……..

wp2293792.jpg

A lot of the theme song decision-making has to do with marketing. So I suspect that Eon are probably happy with whatever Eilish delivers. Remember, Eon know Madonna's song was trash but they wanted Madonna for the press and that was the trade off.

Which begs the question of why Atticus and Trent aren't doing the theme song. That could be awesome. Billie could still perform.

Except that I guess Billie isn't working with anyone other than her brother.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Just for the record the song has been already recorded.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Here's a prediction , based on nothing of substance of course.
    We'll get Billie Eilish performing the Bond song at this year's Brit awards in February

wp2293792.jpg

It’s hard, if not impossible, to predict the careers of artists over the next twenty years.
  • The problem with going with someone who is so ‘current’ and ‘relevant’, is the concern over how current and relevant will they be in another 10 or 20 years.

wp2293792.jpg

I profoundly disagree that no one cares nows about Garbage.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Rumour Alert
    Please take this with a pinch of salt

A good friend of mine, who works for a production company, he has just text me about Billie Eilish's upcoming performance at the Brit awards. He's told that on the setlist she is going to be performing halfway through the show and on the production run down list next to her name it's got "NTTD promotion performance"

So she may perform the song on the Brit awards, which is airing on ITV 18 February
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Rumour Alert

A good friend of mine, who works for a production company, he has just text me about Billie Eilish's upcoming performance at the Brit awards. He's told that on the setlist she is going to be performing halfway through the show and on the production run down list next to her name it's got "NTTD promotion performance"

So she may perform the song on the Brit awards, which is airing on ITV 18 February

There goes my long running refusal to watch the Brits.
  • NicNac wrote: »
    Rumour Alert

Just watch it on catch up and skip through everything else.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    NicNac wrote: »
    Rumour Alert

Just watch it on catch up and skip through everything else.

Hearing you bro.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    @NicNac Haha yeah me too mate
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Rumour Alert

I was reflecting about this golden opportunity an hour ago, oddly enough. We already knew it would probably be released around or before March so the timing is near perfect and the amount of buzz it would generate would be far greater than merely releasing the song online.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 565
    Damn I missed the fireworks, but I'll just say this. I don't think there's anything wrong with bringing up Eilish's demonic art. Yes there have been artists who have got a Bond gig that were questionably down that road. It doesn't make it right and it shows how the industry thrives on rifts between parents/elders and their youth. "Oh you don't like it? You must be an out of touch boomer."

I too would prefer someone classier, but apparently the folks in charge of these "art" industries beg to differ and I have to accept that. We'll see what Eilish brings to the table, but for the first time since Madonna, I'm not looking forward to hearing the outcome.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Just to note, I saw Garbage recently and they were phenomenal. Shirley Manson has an incredible voice that as a wonderfully aggressive edge. Their talents were wasted.
    I’m definitely open minded to Billie Eilish, but think a woman would suit Craig’s Bond better than a girl.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    talos7 wrote: »
    Just to note, I saw Garbage recently and they were phenomenal. Shirley Manson has an incredible voice that as a wonderfully aggressive edge. Their talents were wasted.
    I’m definitely open minded to Billie Eilish, but think a woman would suit Craig’s Bond better than a girl.

@Pierce2Daniel comments on things he hasn't a clue about regularly, nothing new there.
  • 00Agent wrote: »
    Well that just about sums it up for me.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 4,400
    Shardlake wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »

@Pierce2Daniel comments on things he hasn't a clue about regularly, nothing new there.

FYI, wasn't I the one who said that Billie Eilish was doing the theme based off my research in December? Numerous people then said the same thing about me.....so this is your helpful reminder that I'm usually right.

But it's undeniable that Garbage aren't a big deal now. They had albums in 1995 and 1998 that chartered highly in 1995 and 1998. Their last album came out in 2016 did noticeably poorer.

Also, makes sense that Eilish would perform the song at the Brits since it'll likely need to come out around 4-6 weeks before the film come out. Exciting!

It's certainly going to be interesting to see what Eilish wears to the premiere - especially if the Queen is there. I'm kinda into it. Shake up the established order and introduce some anarchy.

billie-eilish-01.jpg?w=1024
This discussion has been closed.