No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    She might well be my favourite Moneypenny. She makes it interesting.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Hard to believe She's 43.
    mtm wrote: »

Maxwell still the best. But Harris is okay. Slightly hamstrung by some clumsily handled wokeness though. A shame they didn't just allow her to be Moneypenny and instead felt they had to work in all that lame field operative stuff in SF.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

+1.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Hard to believe She's 43.

+10.
  • Getafix wrote: »

Maxwell still the best. But Harris is okay. Slightly hamstrung by some clumsily handled wokeness though. A shame they didn't just allow her to be Moneypenny and instead felt they had to work in all that lame field operative stuff in SF.

It's a measure of how good a film SF is that I was able to overlook that awful revision of the character as beginning as a field operative.
    shamelord wrote: »

I could be wrong but Romer was never ‘confirmed’ through any official channels, save for a press release. I wonder if his involvement with NTTD was on trial basis from the word ‘go.’

I also wonder whether Zimmer was Fukunaga’s second choice or a compromise between he and the producers.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Burgess wrote: »

I could be wrong but Romer was never ‘confirmed’ through any official channels, save for a press release.

That’s pretty official isn’t it?
    Burgess wrote: »

I could be wrong but Romer was never ‘confirmed’ through any official channels, save for a press release. I wonder if his involvement with NTTD was on trial basis from the word ‘go.’

I also wonder whether Zimmer was Fukunaga’s second choice or a compromise between he and the producers.

Romer would have been hired and then he would have started producing temp scores - work in progress - and obviously once this work was shared with CF and Eon, they felt it was, as Mi6 have reported, "too experimental for Bond", and so they parted ways and Zimmer was hired instead. It happens quite a bit more often than u might think. But it hasn't really happened on Bond before.

Contraband wrote: »
    Omega watch campaign with Naomie Harris

EwxYRc9.jpg
    ceq5R7S.jpg
    9xT1GRD.jpg
    And just like that I want to see a MP film :-).

boldfinger wrote: »

EwxYRc9.jpg
    ceq5R7S.jpg
    9xT1GRD.jpg

Yes! :)

EwxYRc9.jpg
    ceq5R7S.jpg
    9xT1GRD.jpg

What kind of film?
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    Billy Eilish has posted images of 8 different Bond girls on her Instagram story......... decoy or alarm bell hint / confirmation of an imminent confirmation?..
    Time will tell
    https://instagram.com/stories/billieeilish/2221096374073825042?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=2gapd14fjdfj

🍸
  • JG007 wrote: »
    Billy Eilish has posted images of 8 different Bond girls on her Instagram story......... decoy or alarm bell hint / confirmation of an imminent confirmation?..
    Time will tell
    https://instagram.com/stories/billieeilish/2221096374073825042?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=2gapd14fjdfj

🍸

She's doing it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,941

EwxYRc9.jpg
    ceq5R7S.jpg
    9xT1GRD.jpg

I was always pretty up for it to be honest: I think her version would be an interesting character to have her own film. Not as big and epic as a Bond, but a London thriller-y thing could be great, and she could easily carry it.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    JG007 wrote: »
    Time will tell

🍸

Reminds me of that time Ellie Goulding typed "Live and let die" on her Twitter feed :)) But I hope it is her
    Time will tell

🍸

She's doing it.

I was under the same impression but you never know with this one haha!
    Seems highly likely, just a matter of official confirmation but all signs are pointing this way now and backed up further with her social media activity today.

How long was it before the films release did we get confirmation of previous title song artists?

Also, isn’t it usually very close after announcement that we get the song itself? or same day teaser of the track?

I’d of thought to be active in the charts in and around release we would get the song at least a month and a half before release?..
    Any past info on the above?
    🍸
    Time will tell

🍸

She's doing it.

How long was it before the films release did we get confirmation of previous title song artists?
    🍸

Less than 2 months before the movies' premiere for SF and SP, though pretty much everyone knew it was going to be Adele for Skyfall and it was either Smith or Radiohead for Spectre.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    How can they give the gig to a girl who doesn’t know the entire catalog of Van Halen by heart?
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 6,677
    How can they give the gig to a girl who doesn’t know the entire catalog of Van Halen by heart?

Did Sam “bland” Smith?
    ;)

So, I wonder when we're going to hear the theme song, possibly at the end of next month? :D
    Is it official, then?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    matt_u wrote: »

Cool. I’m game. Those bros are talented young divergent folk. And I’m all for that. Surely it’ll have some rotation in my car player, unlike the previous effort. I’m happy with this development. Well done, EON.
    There you have it. The jigsaw puzzle for this production seems to be (hopefully) complete! I liked what I heard from Eilish; I think she definitely can do a good Bond song.
    The overall response to this has been very positive, I think. Two brilliant news in two days. Congrats EON. Well done.

And there’s my 4000 post :-D
  • Univex wrote: »
    The overall response to this has been very positive, I think. Two brilliant news in two days. Congrats EON. Well done.

They are definitely on a roll! I do wonder if a new trailer is on the horizon?
    Don't know her from Adam. Is she any good?
    edited January 2020 Posts: 78
    Univex wrote: »

I must admit, I’m VERY chuffed with the latest 2 pieces of news. A blockbuster appointment for the score and an in demand and in the spotlight artist for the title song. Pretty strong setup on paper for DC. Trailer looked promising and sets the film up nicely for his last outing in the tux.

General consensus with Eilish’s appointment here is positive and that can only be a good thing as most are on the fence on this topic even with a stellar name attached so nice to have positivity on this one.

Hopefully we hear a teaser / snippet in the next few weeks and a release end of Feb I’d of thought and a trailer 2 sandwiched between that in time for Super Bowl half time airing for trailer 2. Things are ramping up nicely for NTTD and long may that continue. Can’t wait for the clips and TV spots to come, a good month or 2 on that front mind.

One happy Bond fan right here 🍸

Never heard of her before reading the MI6 forums.