Rare and unseen Bond photos , images and posters.

Comments

• edited December 2019 Posts: 17,294
    the+man+with+the+golden+gun_concept_sketch_tom-jung.jpg

Sketches by Tom Jung for his TMWTGG poster artwork. Included in a 2010 interview by Illustrated 007.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Nice sketches. Funny thing is that I do not remember ever seeing that poster until a few years ago. All I remember from '74 (posters, album cover, ads, etc.) was this great one by Robert E. McGinnis, who illustrated most of the iconic Bond Posters of my childhood:

man_with_the_golden_gun_1974_original_film_art_2000x.jpg?v=1551786374

I remember seeing that poster in the cinema lobby in late 1974 or early 1975. It was giant sized and in cardboard, and I was very keen to see it, but that would take another ten years.
    Would love the NTTD winning poster to be a sketch one?!!!
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Nice sketches. Funny thing is that I do not remember ever seeing that poster until a few years ago. All I remember from '74 (posters, album cover, ads, etc.) was this great one by Robert E. McGinnis, who illustrated most of the iconic Bond Posters of my childhood

Maybe the Tom Jung poster got a limited release? It is referred to as the "villain" poster in the interview I linked to above, but it says nothing about how the poster was used in the marketing of the film.
    31b808_fbef1c8e40b0447da0dbd4472b2b8158~mv2_d_5906_7972_s_4_2.jpg

Does anyone know the story about what it says on the back of Jill St. John's t-shirt?

(Photo from thunderballs.org)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    A crazy comedy recorded in 1965: https://www.discogs.com/Marty-Brill-Larry-Foster-James-Blonde-The-Man-From-TANTE/release/944723

Bond is Jewish and works for M (for Mother)...

51g5uIJIEvL.jpg
    ggl007 wrote: »
    A crazy comedy recorded in 1965: https://www.discogs.com/Marty-Brill-Larry-Foster-James-Blonde-The-Man-From-TANTE/release/944723

Bond is Jewish and works for M (for Mother)...

51g5uIJIEvL.jpg

Thanks, I was unaware of this one!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    A very cool answer to @Torgeirtrap's question, @ggl007.

It would be a nice addition to the collection of Jane Blond items on the Fun with Bond Titles discussion as well.
    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/8582/fun-with-bond-titles#latest

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    So the recording is available for consideration on YouTube.

Open from this link for all the tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bog4fTgtkE&list=PLleqyJmqBjn9YgBdcPuauroI7z5dtOpCK

So the recording is available for consideration on YouTube.

Open from this link for all the tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bog4fTgtkE&list=PLleqyJmqBjn9YgBdcPuauroI7z5dtOpCK

Interesting! Will have to give this a listen. :-)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Someone on the Get Smart group posted this photo of Don Adams and Sean Connery, which made me very happy:

image.png
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Someone on the Get Smart group posted this photo of Don Adams and Sean Connery, which made me very happy:

image.png

Brilliant.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    It is! Cool!!!!
  • TikitTikit UK
    NicNac wrote: »
    Reference photos used by Sam Peffer for Pan paperback covers (found at Illustrated 007).

dr%2Bno%2Bsam%2Bpeffer%2Bcover.jpg
    frwl%2Bsam%2Bpeffer%2Bcover.jpgMoonraker%2Bsam%2Bpeffer%2Bcover.jpg

Fantastic find.

The photos are actually mine given to me by Sam Peffer's great niece so if I could have a credit for my website at www.tikit.net it would be nice!

• TikitTikit UK
    NicNac wrote: »
    Reference photos used by Sam Peffer for Pan paperback covers (found at Illustrated 007).

dr%2Bno%2Bsam%2Bpeffer%2Bcover.jpg
    frwl%2Bsam%2Bpeffer%2Bcover.jpgMoonraker%2Bsam%2Bpeffer%2Bcover.jpg

Fantastic find.

• edited May 2020 Posts: 17,294
    It's probably not rare as it's a teaser poster, but I hadn't seen this one before:

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's probably not rare as it's a teaser poster, but I hadn't seen this one before:

Yes it's always been a bit of an odd one as it's a DB4, which Bond has never driven.
    mtm wrote: »

Yes it's always been a bit of an odd one as it's a DB4, which Bond has never driven.

Very strange! Would have thought they'd have access to a car actually featured in the films…
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 1,009
    About the photo above, Connery looks genuinely amused and happy to shake hands with Adams. Would you believe...?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Very strange! Would have thought they'd have access to a car actually featured in the films…

Yes it’s an extremely weird one. The numberplate looks about right for a British one so they might have even shot it in the U.K. But beyond that it’s just a pretty bad poster. It’s just a photo of the front of a car! :D
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 17,294

Yes it’s an extremely weird one. The numberplate looks about right for a British one so they might have even shot it in the U.K. But beyond that it’s just a pretty bad poster. It’s just a photo of the front of a car! :D

It's like a "Bondified" car advert!

Taken from the link provided by @Thunderfinger on The Sean Connery Appreciation thread, are some images from the third issue of 1971s magazine (translates as NOW), featuring Sean Connery and DAF. Many of us have probably seen the photos before, but there's an interview as well – and a short note about how the film has been received:

default.jpg
    default.jpg
    default.jpg
    default.jpg
    default.jpg
    The new James Bond film «Diamonds Are Forever» was as usual received by somewhat ironic critics. But the audience thinks otherwise. In Oslo, the film is playing for a full house, and from the premiere city of New York, we hear that the film now tops the list of the films making the most money. Over the course of seven days, Agent 007 and his beautiful followers have grossed well over 10 million kroner! And it’s set a record in a number of cities. The much talked about film «Les Petroleuses» with the duo Brigitte Bardot / Claudia Cardinale has not had the same luck in the US. It has been panned by both the critics and the audiences.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Gemma Arterton's screen test with Daniel Craig and some test shots of Fields's hair color.

t6ttnvpxfw751.jpg
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Cool, very cool. Where is this came from?
    Criminally underused, she was.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Excellent, thanks for posting- very interesting.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Cool, very cool. Where is this came from?

A fella on Twitter who goes by "007inLA" posted it. Apparently there's images of Olga Kurylenko's tests also but he didn't post them.
    A neat German book cover:

book_scherz-AK-red-CR1.jpg
    Revelator wrote: »

Oh, that's nice! I collect foreign editions and I'd love a German Bond.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Revelator wrote: »

Oh, that's nice! I collect foreign editions and I'd love a German Bond.

Jonas Nay is German and would make a great Bond.
    :) Just looked him up and yes, good pick!