As season winds down plans to continue with some shows or shelve them?

2»

Comments

Justified is probably the best show I've ever seen. The writing, and everyone-against-everyone plot is just beautifully done. And an awesome and unique bad-ass character that we need these days..
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,692
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Justified is probably the best show I've ever seen. The writing, and everyone-against-everyone plot is just beautifully done. And an awesome and unique bad-ass character that we need these days..

2 years ago I watched the first episode of season 1... really loved it. been meaning to catch up on all 3 seasons.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I watched the first half of the first season, and then sleep deprivation put a stop to that. I'd consider buying the show on DVD, but that's one of those that's great to watch on TV, but watching it on DVD just takes away.
    JUSTIFIED - amongst the best that's currently made for the telly in the US. I urge everybody who hasn't done so already also to check out Elmore Leonard's work, quality American writing as it is seldom seen these days. Any of his books will hook you, it doesn't matter which one you pick.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    6of1 wrote:
    JUSTIFIED - amongst the best that's currently made for the telly in the US. I urge everybody who hasn't done so already also to check out Elmore Leonard's work, quality American writing as it is seldom seen these days. Any of his books will hook you, it doesn't matter which one you pick.

I tried reading an Elmore Leonard book, and couldn't really get past the first chapter. I liked Justified, but for some reason, his work did not entice me in the way you suggest. I'm not at all saying you're wrong, just that I couldn't get into it.
    honestly I wait until the season is over, and watch all the episodes in a short period of time.... like Justified and American horror story, I intend to watch the entire season in a few days... the only show this year I watched every week was person of interest - it's just too awesome :)

am currently watching the wire season 1.... next up game of thrones season 1 :)

You are gonna love the wire. I discovered that gem on netflix.
    Spmetimes its best to watch shows after the srason
    honestly I wait until the season is over, and watch all the episodes in a short period of time.... like Justified and American horror story, I intend to watch the entire season in a few days... the only show this year I watched every week was person of interest - it's just too awesome :)

am currently watching the wire season 1.... next up game of thrones season 1 :)

What?ringer got cancelled? Too bad.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,692
    yes @OHMSS69 the wire is pretty awsome :)

I've got to watch the shield, I only saw season 1 and loved it.... and 24 too, only watched the first 12 episodes of season 1... got to rewatch that and finish season 1 this time 'round :)
    and 24 too, only watched the first 12 episodes of season 1... got to rewatch that and finish season 1 this time 'round :)

Good show, 24. I recently got each season, and tried to watch all 8 of them in one go, but damn, I couldn't. For some reason, I got halfway through season 6 and then couldn't go on.
    and 24 too, only watched the first 12 episodes of season 1... got to rewatch that and finish season 1 this time 'round :)

Good show, 24. I recently got each season, and tried to watch all 8 of them in one go, but damn, I couldn't. For some reason, I got halfway through season 6 and then couldn't go on.

I'll keep you posted :)

I tried to watch Season 1 in 24 hours once but failed. I need to try again sometime.

I tried to watch Season 1 in 24 hours once but failed. I need to try again sometime.

I've never tried, but I really don't want to, either. I used to be able to stay up 24 hours a day (I once had no sleep for an entire week), but as I age, it's becoming impossible.