NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    So am i right to assume that the pre title sequence will be the Italy scenes?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    imranbecks wrote: »
    So am i right to assume that the pre title sequence will be the Italy scenes?
    Right now, the presumption is that the snowy scenes with Safin in the mask is the PTS, with the Matera scenes to immediately follow after the titles.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure people are so conditioned to look for overarching story arcs from tv series and Marvel films that they will well remember a lot from SP, even after five years.

Hopefully. Don't underestimate how poorly SP was received by US audiences. I watched a lot of reactions to the NTTD trailer on YouTube and basically most of those movie "youtubers" seem to didn't even remember that Seydoux was in SP...

Ugh, the "trailer reaction" videos for NTTD have been a joke. The people posting them are clearly just general moviegoers and not Bond fans, and I cannot for the life of me understand why someone who isn't a Bond fan would post a trailer reaction video to a Bond film. What a waste of time. The only one worth watching was (of course) Calvin Dyson's.

@PDJamesBond did you watch haphazard stuff and Dutch Bond fans reaction they are pretty good.

Have to check out haphazard. Calvin Dyson and DutchBondFan are usually very good in their Bond reviews.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    That's a bit unfair. But I would rather was a reaction from a fan, who is more likely to pick out any little easter eggs, than an average youtuber who wil just sit there and not.... react. How many reaction vidoes picked out the OHMSS theme in the SP trailer?

Definitely more enjoyable when it's a fan (for us), but if, as someone was trying to do above, you're goal is to get a bead on what the general movie going public is feeling and thinking and anticipating (and how invested they are in the ingoing storyline), you'd probably want to look at what the non-aficionados are saying. I can't sit though any of them except for Calvin's, and these guys (they get a lot wrong, but they crack me up every time):

Run that thing back fam!
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    Probably the greatest reaction to the trailer I’ve seen by far. Made me giddy watching those guys freak out when the gattling guns popped out of the DB5.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    That's the spirit. For watching Bond films. They've got it.

Greatly enjoyed that.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    mtm wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    I suspect that Madeleine has made Bond go back to Matera to confront Vesper's grave. It's clearly a wound for him and she wants him to deal with his demons. She's a psychologist, so I assume that this will be discussed in the film.

Also, who else thought thi coat was ugly in the trailer.

There are sooooooooo many 'Dad Jackets' in NTTD.

The jacket does not appear to be something Bond would wear. It does, however, look like something Safin would wear. DC's Bond has stolen others' clothes before.

It also doesn't really match the rest of DC's outfit to the point where he must have stolen it, imo.

I did wonder if he wore it to perhaps hide a big gun under it or something, but who knows. It certainly is an odd look: do we even know which country he's in there?

Filmed in Scotland but it’s likely Russia, given the car plates...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,993
    I suspect that Madeleine has made Bond go back to Matera to confront Vesper's grave. It's clearly a wound for him and she wants him to deal with his demons. She's a psychologist, so I assume that this will be discussed in the film.

The jacket does not appear to be something Bond would wear. It does, however, look like something Safin would wear. DC's Bond has stolen others' clothes before.

It also doesn't really match the rest of DC's outfit to the point where he must have stolen it, imo.

I did wonder if he wore it to perhaps hide a big gun under it or something, but who knows. It certainly is an odd look: do we even know which country he's in there?

Could be, although he’s then driving the old Toyota which is on Norwegian(ish) plates, isn’t he? Plus we’ve seen them all driving along the Atlantic Road which surely can’t be pretending to be anything other than itself..?
    I think my guess would be all of the helicopter/Toyota/Land Rover/Aston DBS/snowy forest stuff is Norway.

Could be, although he’s then driving the old Toyota which is on Norwegian(ish) plates, isn’t he? Plus we’ve seen them all driving along the Atlantic Road which surely can’t be pretending to be anything other than itself..?
    I think my guess would be all of the helicopter/Toyota/Land Rover/Aston DBS/snowy forest stuff is Norway.

The Toyota car plate is from Norway, no doubt, but on the other hand there's an army of Land Rover with Russian ones... without forgetting that the V8 is part of the Atlantic Road chase as well. One thing is certain: they all come from the same big scene, and after Bond "fails" to protect Swann, Nomi comes by with the Superleggera and they likely team up. Plus I think the Valhalla has been replaced by the DBS.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,399
    I'm pretty sure people are so conditioned to look for overarching story arcs from tv series and Marvel films that they will well remember a lot from SP, even after five years.

Hopefully. Don't underestimate how poorly SP was received by US audiences. I watched a lot of reactions to the NTTD trailer on YouTube and basically most of those movie "youtubers" seem to didn't even remember that Seydoux was in SP...

Ugh, the "trailer reaction" videos for NTTD have been a joke. The people posting them are clearly just general moviegoers and not Bond fans, and I cannot for the life of me understand why someone who isn't a Bond fan would post a trailer reaction video to a Bond film. What a waste of time. The only one worth watching was (of course) Calvin Dyson's.

i did one :(

i'm rather boring though.. it was difficult, because as a fan i was trying to focus and take as much in as i could, but still react enough for a video - i didnt do a great job - others are able to think out loud a lot quicker than me lol... but oh well..

• mtmmtm United Kingdom

The Toyota car plate is from Norway, no doubt, but on the other hand there's an army of Land Rover with Russian ones... without forgetting that the V8 is part of the Atlantic Road chase as well. One thing is certain: they all come from the same big scene, and after Bond "fails" to protect Swann, Nomi comes by with the Superleggera and they likely team up. Plus I think the Valhalla has been replaced by the DBS.

I don’t think the V8 is part of that scene: I’d guess when we see it on the Atlantic Road that just shows Bond’s arrival into Norway. And I don’t think we have any reason to think the Valhalla isn’t in the film (it’d certainly make sense that Aston would want it there over the DBS as it’s a newer model).
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I just wonder if Cubby broccoli & Harry Saltzman would have liked to play with the 007 twist thing. Them 2 guys were Bond Purists.....especially Cubby.

Maybe looking through rose tinted glasses? I seem to remember in the late 70s Cubby was being crucified for disrespecting Fleming's work.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    NicNac wrote: »
    I just wonder if Cubby broccoli & Harry Saltzman would have liked to play with the 007 twist thing. Them 2 guys were Bond Purists.....especially Cubby.

Maybe looking through rose tinted glasses? I seem to remember in the late 70s Cubby was being crucified for disrespecting Fleming's work.

Yeah it does seem a bit rich to say that the guy who made Moonraker was a Fleming purist! :D
    “We simply must have a gondola that turns into a hovercraft, exactly as Fleming wrote”
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

Yeah it does seem a bit rich to say that the guy who made Moonraker was a Fleming purist! :D
    “We simply must have a gondola that turns into a hovercraft, exactly as Fleming wrote”

Cubby early 1977: "well we really pushed the envelope with TSWLM, we better scale it back and maybe do FYEO next - don't want go too far afterall.."

Cubby after seeing Star Wars: "BOND IN SPACE! MOONRAKER! RIGHT NOW!..... what?.... F the book - we need Bond in space with a full out TB-esque battle between good guys and bad guys, BUT WITH LASERS!"

Cubby Broccoli - Fleming purist

:))

don't get too bent about this, i am just being facetious :O)
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 5,767

I though we had firmly established that movie youtubers all have underdeveloped intellect?

That's a bit unfair. But I would rather was a reaction from a fan, who is more likely to pick out any little easter eggs, than an average youtuber who wil just sit there and not.... react. How many reaction vidoes picked out the OHMSS theme in the SP trailer?
    Yes, I admit I was a bit unfair. I actually enjoyed watching some clips by @HASEROT. But he´s one of the few guys who actually knows his stuff and knows what he´s talking about. Beg your forgiveness, pal :-)! And of course there´s guys like Kevin Smith, who have a hard-earned good record and deliver fun videos.
    But apart from those few, most movie youtubers are just putting up clips for the sake of it, without much knowledge of film or intelligence.

That would be a shame. The Valhalla was one of the things I was looking forward to most.

I tried long to stay away from this bloody speculation, but would it be feasible that a bunch of mercenaries from all over Russia came in their own cars via the land route to Norway?
    I actually enjoyed watching some clips by @HASEROT. But he´s one of the few guys who actually knows his stuff and knows what he´s talking about.

@boldfinger thanks man. i appreciate that. :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I though we had firmly established that movie youtubers all have underdeveloped intellect?

Yes, I admit I was a bit unfair. I actually enjoyed watching some clips by @HASEROT. But he´s one of the few guys who actually knows his stuff and knows what he´s talking about. Beg your forgiveness, pal :-)! And of course there´s guys like Kevin Smith, who have a hard-earned good record and deliver fun videos.
    But apart from those few, most movie youtubers are just putting up clips for the sake of it, without much knowledge of film or intelligence.

That would be a shame. The Valhalla was one of the things I was looking forward to most.

I tried long to stay away from this bloody speculation, but would it be feasible that a bunch of mercenaries from all over Russia came in their own cars via the land route to Norway?

In a Bond film they probably flew in in a big transport plane! :)
    Where were the Land Rovers in Spectre registered, out of interest? Were they local?

I don’t think the V8 is part of that scene: I’d guess when we see it on the Atlantic Road that just shows Bond’s arrival into Norway. And I don’t think we have any reason to think the Valhalla isn’t in the film (it’d certainly make sense that Aston would want it there over the DBS as it’s a newer model).

Why not? Two RR with Russian plates were spotted in the same spot on the Atlantic Road. There are pictures of the V8 and the Toyota together.

190605-aston-martin-v8-vantage-bond-25-1.jpg

Regarding the Valhalla isn't weird that Nomi drives two different AM in basically what looks like the same spot?

james-bond-no-time-to-die-trailer-1.jpg

16574810-7292923-image-a-16_1564250435663.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Why not? Two RR with Russian plates were spotted in the same spot on the Atlantic Road. There are pictures of the V8 and the Toyota together.

Regarding the Valhalla isn't weird that Nomi drives two different AM in basically what looks like the same spot?

I don't think that's any confirmation that the Valhalla is out though (do we know it's Nomi's car? Might even be the baddie's)

And the Aston shot; well we don't know what's going on there. Maybe they are changing vehicles indeed, maybe all of the vehicles used on that shoot were just parked up somewhere.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,343

I don't think that's any confirmation that the Valhalla is out though (do we know it's Nomi's car? Might even be the baddie's)

And the Aston shot; well we don't know what's going on there. Maybe they are changing vehicles indeed, maybe all of the vehicles used on that shoot were just parked up somewhere.

Well reports stated that 007 would've drive an electric AM. BTW no one is speaking about "things being confirmed" here. Regarding the Atlantic Road stuff, my assumption comes from the fact that the very same RR that are chasing the Toyota were part of aerial shots filmed on the AR, the very same spot where Bond drives the V8. But there are so many things we don't know about this film everything's possible.

In a Bond film they probably flew in in a big transport plane! :)
    @mtm, great idea! I already see a cool short scene in my imagination with threatening music and the vehicles unloading from a bulky Russian transport plane, sisnister guys with sunglasses and mean faces supervising the unloading :-).

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria

Yeah, I meant keeping up with certain traditions...Gunbarrel at the beginning, Memorable theme song, Epic Score,Memorable villains & Henchman/Henchmen, Slick Gadgets, Bond narrowly escaping harrowing situations, Great action scenes, Bond kissing the girl at the end, an alternate version of the theme song as the end credits theme, a Bond film every two years & what we've missed most 'James Bond will return in........'. There's no doubt some Bond films of Cubby & Saltzman were OTT....but they always retained the traditional elements. Craig is a magnificent Bond. But I don't think Cubby sticking with tradition, would have wanted him. I think Cubby might have preferred someone like Clive Owen...coz he has a closer look of some Bonds he had worked with earlier.
  • matt_u wrote: »

I think it breaks down like this:
    • Aston Martin DB5: The ‘hero’ car of the film. It’ll have a big action set-piece and is the main vehicle of the movie.
    • The Voltane: Bond will simply drive in London for a bit and it’ll appear briefly in Norway.
    • Superleggra: I think we are witnessing it’s only scene in the clip above with Nomi.
    • Valhalla: No clue. I guess they are holding it back for the second trailer.
    Speaking of second trailers……It’ll more than certainly premiere with ‘Birds of Prey’ on February 7th. Also, you have the Superbowl at the end of January.

So basically, we get another trailer in around 6 weeks. Is this right @antovolk

I think the second trailer will focus less on the ‘Spectre’ connections. We will get more Rami Malek, Ana De Armas, Lashana Lynch and the Valhalla

I guess that Jan, Feb and especially March will be very noisy. I suppose that mean it’ll be quiet up to Xmas now.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Well reports stated that 007 would've drive an electric AM. BTW no one is speaking about "things being confirmed" here. Regarding the Atlantic Road stuff, my assumption comes from the fact that the very same RR that are chasing the Toyota were part of aerial shots filmed on the AR, the very same spot where Bond drives the V8. But there are so many things we don't know about this film everything's possible.

Sure; they were chasing the Toyota on the AR. Can Bond be driving both? Dunno! :D

Yeah, I meant keeping up with certain traditions...Gunbarrel at the beginning, Memorable theme song, Epic Score,Memorable villains & Henchman/Henchmen, Slick Gadgets, Bond narrowly escaping harrowing situations, Great action scenes, Bond kissing the girl at the end, an alternate version of the theme song as the end credits theme, a Bond film every two years & what we've missed most 'James Bond will return in........'.

Fleming didn't really come up with much of that either! :)
    But Cubby did work on Live and Let Die, which had no John Barry, no Q, no scene in MI6, no Bond in a dinner suit, Bond with fair hair, no 007 in the pre-titles, no Martini shaken-not-stirred, first black Bond girl etc. etc. He didn't just stick to these 'traditions' for the sake of it.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria

Sure; they were chasing the Toyota on the AR. Can Bond be driving both? Dunno! :D

Yeah, I meant keeping up with certain traditions...Gunbarrel at the beginning, Memorable theme song, Epic Score,Memorable villains & Henchman/Henchmen, Slick Gadgets, Bond narrowly escaping harrowing situations, Great action scenes, Bond kissing the girl at the end, an alternate version of the theme song as the end credits theme, a Bond film every two years & what we've missed most 'James Bond will return in........'.

Fleming didn't really come up with much of that either! :)
    But Cubby did work on Live and Let Die, which had no John Barry, no Q, no scene in MI6, no Bond in a dinner suit, Bond with fair hair, no 007 in the pre-titles, no Martini shaken-not-stirred, first black Bond girl etc. etc. He didn't just stick to these 'traditions' for the sake of it.

Yeah, true....Fleming didn't come up with any of those....but he saw Dr.No & FRWL & saw Parts of GF when it was in production. So am guessing he liked what he was seeing...if not,he would have said something. And am sure he must have been very impressed with the Gunbarrel & theme tune.

Perhaps the RR were already chasing the Toyota with Swann onboard (with a girl), Bond arrives with the V8 but then his car gets damaged or whatever and the chase continues with him driving the Toyota. The stunt double inside the V8 wears a jacket quite similar to the one Bond has in the forest scenes. Dunno!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Perhaps the RR were already chasing the Toyota with Swann onboard (with a girl), Bond arrives with the V8 but then his car gets damaged or whatever and the chase continues with him driving the Toyota. The stunt double inside the V8 wears a jacket quite similar to the one Bond has in the forest scenes. Dunno!

Yeah I expect it’s something like that.
  • HASEROT wrote: »

i did one :(

i'm rather boring though.. it was difficult, because as a fan i was trying to focus and take as much in as i could, but still react enough for a video - i didnt do a great job - others are able to think out loud a lot quicker than me lol... but oh well..

@HASEROT You at least know what you're talking about and are a genuine fan! I was primarily referring to videos of people who are just casual fans watching the trailer, people who don't even remember that Lea Seydoux or Christoph Waltz were in SP. I liked your reaction video :)
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Great to see your reaction video, @HASEROT. Reactions, informed comment, and you going in and out of the zone with your focus really communicated how much you're looking forward to the film.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

That scene with Bond along the side of the road, with no gun or urgency in his step, seems more like an end to something than a beginning.