NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    TripAces wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    No, it is, the hairstyle is exactly the same as what we've seen from Seydoux on set, and if you look at the faceshape. It's her.

Lea's hair is not that long. There is a pony tail.
    s7sl56p7b921.jpg
    Could be hair extensions, but still.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    TripAces wrote: »
    No, it is, the hairstyle is exactly the same as what we've seen from Seydoux on set, and if you look at the faceshape. It's her.

Lea's hair is not that long. There is a pony tail.

18966352-7509133-And_action_When_filming_did_get_underway_the_Bond_girl_who_cut_a-a-49_1569565200171.jpg
    18966358-7509133-Consoled_The_actress_34_looked_upset_and_was_comforted_by_Cary_i-a-48_1569565200170.jpg
    18966358-7509133-Consoled_The_actress_34_looked_upset_and_was_comforted_by_Cary_i-a-48_1569565200170.jpg
  • DrinmanDrinman New York
    The entire Norway segment of the film seems to be the portion we know the least about. Visually it looks stunning and very mysterious. Really looking forward to what NTTD has in store for us in the 3rd act.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    jake24 wrote: »
    Here is the trailer in 4K:

I believe this is upscalled to 4K, isn't?

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

No, it is 4K.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited December 2019 Posts: 7,889

These subtitles say.... Him 🤔
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Who is Ash? Driving the defender

Billy?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2019 Posts: 10,586
    talos7 wrote: »

Subtitles are auto-generated by YouTube, not from an official source.
    Can we get any clues about Norway from the photos in the background?

rrAXSs8.jpg
    Contraband wrote: »

rrAXSs8.jpg

The upper left one on the board behind them looks to be the interiors of the cabin. Some of the others looks to be storyboards of the exteriors – and possibly some photos from the actual location (?)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

I understand, but obviously that system is registering “Him” , and a majority of people are hearing “ him” Something is odd here.

rrAXSs8.jpg

The upper left one on the board behind them looks to be the interiors of the cabin. Some of the others looks to be storyboards of the exteriors – and possibly some photos from the actual location (?)

Also, look to the right in background. More stills. Hard to see, maybe zoom in

rrAXSs8.jpg

Also, look to the right in background. More stills. Hard to see, maybe zoom in

Possibly! Looks to be some snowy exteriors.

I understand, but obviously that system is registering “Him” , and a majority of people are hearing “ him” Something is odd here.
    Definitely half and half, but we have confirmation from the creators of the trailer that the line is indeed "you", so there really isn't any need to discuss it further.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Its interesting how when we get to Safins base we don't see nomi anymore you think Safin and Nomi are like a power couple drawing inspiration from Cary's first Bond film he saw a view to a kill and she is a flip of May Day instead of bad to good it's good to bad. The elevator with the fire in the beginning of the trailer reminds me of the climax of a view to a kill in city hall. I zoomed in and one looks like nomi the other I would have to double check. Plus there characters are grouped together with the posters Bond and Madeleine are grouped then its Safin and Nomi and then its polma and q at least on Twitter. Facebook they are next to each other.

I'd love that because I think it would make a great last mission for Daniel's Bond
    It would make more sense as to why we the audience should care about Nomi
    I also think it would be a fantastic misdirect from the trailer

I've just watched the trailer for the 4th time today and I'm ashamed to say the fantastic arrangement of the guitar riff of the Bond theme went over my head, the first 3 viewings. That was such a great moment

Also I really love that line "history isn't kind to men who play God." That is amazing I was so drawn to that viewing it this time. It's such a Bond moment

Didn't lynch say that her favorite Bond girl was may day its adding up now. She goes from bad to good this is from good to bad. Maybe Safin created nomi that be scifi.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

Definitely half and half, but we have confirmation from the creators of the trailer that the line is indeed "you", so there really isn't any need to discuss it further.

Not something that needs to be discussed further, but even this trailer creator saying it’s “you” doesn’t convince me. I guess nothing will, I know what I hear / see his mouth saying.
    I love how big of a mystery this has become! Let’s make a thread for it in April so we can see who comes out on top ;)

nomi seems arrogant and cocky in the trailer for no apparent reason. I’m hoping bond gives her a good dose in the 3rd act.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    nomi seems arrogant and cocky in the trailer for no apparent reason. I’m hoping bond gives her a good dose in the 3rd act.

Agree. I’m all about a new 00 agent, and I don’t care that it’s a woman. But please, let’s have a moment where he shows her who the true alpha is.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'll say this again if James Bond met the former 007 for the first time he'd be acting exactly the same
    edited December 2019 Posts: 7,518
    I'll say this again if James Bond met the former 007 for the first time he'd be acting exactly the same

Exactly.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,541
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Agree. I’m all about a new 00 agent, and I don’t care that it’s a woman. But please, let’s have a moment where he shows her who the true alpha is.

+1 pretending to be tough and being tough is two different things. It could also be because of trailer, i just hope there is an heated moment between the two so it looks more natural.
    Nomi it appears breaks into his home and threatens him. It doesn’t seem like bond is trying to get in the way talking to Felix.

Maybe nomi is flying the chopper in pursuit of Bond in the 3rd act

Nomi it appears breaks into his home and threatens him. It doesn’t seem like bond is trying to get in the way talking to Felix.

You're making a ton of assumptions here.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

Pointless speculation.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    What’s the bet Nomi dies when her & Bond infiltrate Safin’s base?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Nomi getting down on her hands and knees in awe of the great James Bond wouldn't really create much character conflict and would thus dilute the drama. It's more interesting that she's cocky and wants to assert herself. We all know it's going to be Bond that is the central hero at the end of it all; the one that stops the plot and kills the villain. Nomi will likely be a bystander to that, either willingly or because her lack of experience causes her to make a mistake that Bond wouldn't.

It's not Nomi's 25th film, after all.
    Bloody hell, people. Can someone answer me about Ash. Is that Billys character name??
    And Primo aka Dali
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    I guess the trailer was ready 3 months ago according to the date on this Vimeo video:

• 007_Austria007_Austria Austria

:D