NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,497
    boldfinger wrote: »
    So Bond this time has to deal with the estranged big brother and with an unwanted little sister. Are we sure Craig is not going to do one more? Because all that´s left is Bond´s child. Or will that be also in this film?

Bond will die and Noomi will shoot Safin in revenge.

There are some tears, sad music, blahblah....

However in a post-credits scene, we'll see that he obtained a small bottle of Safin's elixir.

Bond smiles and then, the screen fades to black.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    DAcJyqX.gif

0HAVa0h.jpg

Is it just me, or apart from the missing eye, does the other side of his face look messed up as well?

It looks different to the picture on the computer screen. Is the computer rending something, or just loading?

He might have had reparative plastic surgery. Kind of disappointed he does not have his white eye. I really liked Blofeld's scarred look in SP.

I have a big Silence of the Lambs feeling about this. My bet is that Safin was part of a rival group.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Where's the link to that imgur page where you can see all the trailer's screenshots? Thanks!

Here: https://www.jamesbondbrasil.com/2019/12/160-imagens-do-trailer-de-007-sem-tempo-para-morrer/
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 3,168
    No. The PTS will be the story about the intruder that Swann tells Bond about on the train in SP. Everything is pointing in that direction. And most likely we're in for another ghost-from-the-past story, like in SF. Swann opening the box containing the mask indicates this.
    I wonder if the film will start with part of the lake sequence, and then it's shown again with more pieces added throughout the film, or maybe that's too dramatic. That would kind of remove some of the momentum/urgency of the plot.

For instance, in Skyfall when M tells Bond about Silva's past it's done quickly in the present, no some long flashback because Bond is the main character and we need to stay in present time to keep the urgency of how dangerous this threat it.

Or maybe (Star Wars Last Jedi spoilers): The same event will be shown more than once with the prior recollection shown to be incorrect or a lie. We see the sequence at the beginning, and then either Blofeld or Safin tells their version which is far more sinister than Madeline's memory, which is distorted due to her being a child at the time. I highly doubt they would use another flashback for this though, it would probably be a conversation in present day.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Where's the link to that imgur page where you can see all the trailer's screenshots? Thanks!

Here: https://www.jamesbondbrasil.com/2019/12/160-imagens-do-trailer-de-007-sem-tempo-para-morrer/

That's the idea, @marketto007 ! Thanks, friend!
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 1,261
    RC7 wrote: »
    Pretty sure he’s saying ‘Death of you‘, not him.

Yes, I think so. In the German Trailer he actually says "Dein Tod".
    Walecs wrote: »
    Who else is devastated that Blofeld doesn't have his iconic look? Seems like such a terrible waste. Though, already in his brief scene in the trailer, Waltz seems in finer form than he did in SP

Ernst-Stavro-Blofeld-christoph-waltz_0.jpg?w968h681

Why isn't he bald?!?!

He wasn't in the books either, I'm glad they're giving him a Flemingian look.

Yeah - but he is in the films! Now would have beent he perfect opportunity. He looks a little pathetic and broken. He's spent five years in the nick. Why hasn't he broken out?!?

Anyway, why isn't Q at work! Did he quit? I also feel that Q won't show up till that scene revealed in the trailer. In fact, I reckon all the MI6 crew will have much much much smaller roles this time out.

4x5-Ben-Break-DOM-1536x1920.jpg

I am shocked, that Q does not look like Desmond Llewelyn. 3:-O ~:> :-B :O)
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    RC7 wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    @RC7 When we see the wide shot of the liar, the light ray on the wall is in motion, like it's reflecting through water.

It’s certainly close to water.

So is American Beer, which is similar to making love in a canoe.
  • The one thing that I really don’t like is this Maddie-Safin connection. It’s essentially what I hated about SP - the Bond-Blofeld connection. Little Jimmy Bond grew up with a foster brother of sorts, they played together, grew up together, blah blah blah. Fast forward many years later and Big Jim Bond discovers that his foster brother is now his arch enemy, the author of all his pain (uggh!!!), and runs this secretive worldwide criminal network that people dare only mention in hushed voices. This mastermind global villain just “happens” to be the foster brother from Bond’s youth. The chances of something like this happening in real life are nil to none. Plus it’s such a lazy trope!!!! We’re not talking about some random person on the street discovering that their long-lost brother is now a criminal mastermind. We’re talking about Bond and this secret organization that he’s been trying to take down for years. And who runs this secret organization? His brother???? Yeah right!!

So now we have Safin and Maddie. This same intruder who once broke into her house is now back and he’s this super-duper all-powerful megalomaniac who has secret lairs and whatnot and a powerful new weapon that can bring the world to its knees. He’s even more powerful and terrifying than Blofeld??? Pleaaasee!!!!! I just hate it when every major villain has to be tied into one of our important character’s past somehow. It’s just lazy!!!!!

With Silva and M it made sense. He’s an agent who went rogue, she sold him out, so he’s back for revenge. But all this other BS about foster brothers and one-time burglars now being super villains is lame. Does this mean some day I will have to square off against a super villain who once tried to jimmy open the door of my house??? Why does everything have to be connected like this to one’s past????

Other than that I think the trailer looks great and I’m really excited to see the film!!!
    The one thing that I really don’t like is this Maddie-Safin connection. It’s essentially what I hated about SP - the Bond-Blofeld connection. Little Jimmy Bond grew up with a foster brother of sorts, they played together, grew up together, blah blah blah. Fast forward many years later and Big Jim Bond discovers that his foster brother is now his arch enemy, the author of all his pain (uggh!!!), and runs this secretive worldwide criminal network that people dare only mention in hushed voices. This mastermind global villain just “happens” to be the foster brother from Bond’s youth. The chances of something like this happening in real life are nil to none. Plus it’s such a lazy trope!!!! We’re not talking about some random person on the street discovering that their long-lost brother is now a criminal mastermind. We’re talking about Bond and this secret organization that he’s been trying to take down for years. And who runs this secret organization? His brother???? Yeah right!!

So now we have Safin and Maddie. This same intruder who once broke into her house is now back and he’s this super-duper all-powerful megalomaniac who has secret lairs and whatnot and a powerful new weapon that can bring the world to its knees. He’s even more powerful and terrifying than Blofeld??? Pleaaasee!!!!! I just hate it when every major villain has to be tied into one of our important character’s past somehow. It’s just lazy!!!!!

With Silva and M it made sense. He’s an agent who went rogue, she sold him out, so he’s back for revenge. But all this other BS about foster brothers and one-time burglars now being super villains is lame. Does this mean some day I will have to square off against a super villain who once tried to jimmy open the door of my house??? Why does everything have to be connected like this to one’s past????

Other than that I think the trailer looks great and I’m really excited to see the film!!!

We don't know what the connection exactly his.
  • DrinmanDrinman New York
    edited December 2019 Posts: 40
    Anyone else catch....
    the blood splattering in the far left corner in the shot of Bond & Safin while kneeling/sitting?
    Drinman wrote: »
    Anyone else catch....
    the blood splattering in the far left corner in the shot of Bond & Safin while kneeling/sitting?

He has just killed Madeline. ;)
  • I don't think anyone has mentioned the car unveiling in the garage yet. It doen't look like the DB5, but it looks like the same garage from Skyfall. So does this mean Bond finds another car in its place, just like someone else has his number?
    I bet there's a whole sequence of events along the lines of 'James Bond is forgotten/replaced (like with the security guard).
    Luckily, it appears Bond may yet save the world again, though.
    Anyone else catch....
    It's a plant or flower arrangement.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Penpen wrote: »
    Anyone else catch....
    It's a plant or flower arrangement.

Blood Orchid perhaps?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2019 Posts: 7,526
    shamanimal wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has mentioned the car unveiling in the garage yet. It doen't look like the DB5, but it looks like the same garage from Skyfall. So does this mean Bond finds another car in its place, just like someone else has his number?
    I bet there's a whole sequence of events along the lines of 'James Bond is forgotten/replaced (like with the security guard).
    Luckily, it appears Bond may yet save the world again, though.

This is the V8, I don't think it's the same garage as in Skyfall.

I'm shocked at all the confirmation for "the death of you" as I know I hear him say "him". The only explanation can be that there are multiple versions of the trailer floating around.
    Thanks to everyone who investigated this weird anomaly.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,943
    Did we know about Ash and Primo before?
    One rides a motorbike, the other drives a Land Rover. Their vehicles are on show in London, alongside Bond’s DB5 and Land Rover.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Here is the trailer in 4K:

jake24 wrote: »
    Here is the trailer in 4K:

It's... it's... beautiful... :((
    Wow it really looks stunning. The Norway forest scenes also look very unique, haven't really had a setting like that in the modern era.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Wow it really looks stunning. The Norway forest scenes also look very unique, haven't really had a setting like that in the modern era.
    Yeah it looks brilliant. Still can't get over Bond's downright bizarre outfit in those scenes though.
    Yeah it looks brilliant. Still can't get over Bond's downright bizarre outfit in those scenes though.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and thinking he took the jacket off of someone in Safin's lair as the shirt underneath looks similar to the one he's wearing underneath his navy blue tactical pullover.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Yeah that green whatever you call it is a big no from me :/
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Something tells me that the lightweight overcoat is something he stole/took from Safin.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 10,588

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and thinking he took the jacket off of someone in Safin's lair as the shirt underneath looks similar to the one he's wearing underneath his navy blue tactical pullover.
    He's wearing different pants too, though. I'm not sure it's the same sequence.

Hoping all that stuff in Safin's lair is the climax.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It will be the death of him.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I think the jacket might be nicked, as well. I actually quite like it though. Craig pulls off that sort of casual wear well.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,554
    I don't want to open a huge can of worms, here, but that is not Madeleine in the back seat. That looks like the girl. :-O

NTTD_Trailer_90.png
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,869
    No, it is, the hairstyle is exactly the same as what we've seen from Seydoux on set, and if you look at the faceshape. It's her... I'm more intrigued by whats beside her?

aUdDTSR.png
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,554
    Denbigh wrote: »
    No, it is, the hairstyle is exactly the same as what we've seen from Seydoux on set, and if you look at the faceshape. It's her.

Lea's hair is not that long. There is a pony tail. It is likely a stunt double anyway.