NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Blofeld says, ‘You’. Most of our non-English members have confirmed it’s the case in their territories, I believe. It sounds pretty clear to me, unless Waltz is playing him as a Welshman this time around.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    RC7 wrote: »
    Blofeld says, ‘You’. Most of our non-English members have confirmed it’s the case in their territories, I believe. It sounds pretty clear to me, unless Waltz is playing him as a Welshman this time around.

Seriously? This is crazy to me, my ears say ‘him’, as do my subtitles... could it be like in Spectre when in the trailer it was “and who connects them all? Me” and in the film it was “and who connects them all? Him”
    Maybe something is different with the international trailers?
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

Seriously? This is crazy to me, my ears say ‘him’, as do my subtitles... could it be like in Spectre when in the trailer it was “and who connects them all? Me” and in the film it was “and who connects them all? Him”
    Maybe something is different with the international trailers?

Possibly. I guess at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I know it’s beating a dead horse, but I just listened to it 5 times and I’m 100% sure that he says “ him”. ..... I think😏
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    I am he as you are he as you are me
    And we are all together

8-} :))
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 79
    To solve the confusion - or add to it:
    In the German dubbed version, he says "that will be the death to YOU".
    Now, one would usually think that they either have a script to translate the trailer, or Waltz (who is dubbing his own voice) would know what he said in the scene.
    But you never know
    Also I strongly believe he IS talking to Bond in both parts of the sentence because you see a dark figure on the left side of the picture which must be Bonds dark gray suit while Madeleine is wearing a white dress
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Do the subtitles of the english - released trailer on the official James Bond 007 YouTube channel hold any weight? Or are they just done by some random third party?
    I'm with Talos; I only hear "him"...
    Now, is James Bond's tuxedo black and blue, or is it white and gold?
  • RC7RC7
    edited December 2019 Posts: 10,512
    Also note that it is Bond’s arm in shot.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    DJCLE84 wrote: »
    I am he as you are he as you are me
    And we are all together

8-} :))

I hope the movie and us won't all go down together. ;) 8-}
  • I'm with Talos; I only hear "him"...

I've really tried to hear "you", but I can't hear it. It's "him". The way the trailer is edited makes it look like the same scene as when Bond is there, but I think Blofeld is talking to someone else. It could be Madeline or the new 00 agent, (they're both in the prison scene). My guess is Madeleine.
    I could see the confusion with "when her/our secret gets out". The words sound similar, and you could hear it either way. But despite what the foreign versions say, or what the subtitles say, the word you hear on the English trailer, (and the one we'll hear in the cinema, I assume), is "he".
    Please watch the trailer again ... and Blofeld says "when our secret gets out", you see Madeline opening the box to see the mask, and a shot of her face. Then it cuts to Blofeld saying "it'll be the death of him". Meaning Bond.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,861
    talos7 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    This may have been proposed,
    When Blofeld says, “...it’ll be the death of him” could he be talking about Safin ? Possibly Swann holds the key to defeating him.
    He says "it'll be the death of you" meaning Bond.
    I just rewatched it, it’s “him” , not “you” .
    This makes it much more ambiguous.

Half the time I hear "you." Half the time I hear "him." It depends on the speakers. I wish it were a little clearer

Interesting, I listened to it a half dozen times, on my phone, and always hear “him” .
    , even when I tried to hear , “you”

It's definitely 'the death of him'... and I'm sure they're referring to Bond.
    When Blofeld says, “...it’ll be the death of him” could he be talking about Safin ? Possibly Swann holds the key to defeating him.

He definitely doesn't say 'it'll be the death of you', he says 'it'll be the death of him', and I believe he's talking to Madeleine about Bond.

He’s talking to Bond and says ‘you’. They wouldn’t have put it in the trailer if it was ‘him’ as it wouldn’t make any sense.
    If it was ‘him’ they’d cut to who Blowers is taking about in order to make the storytelling of the trailer work.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    These guys think Safin never ages and is the same person that's why he is called like he is playing God.
  • mtm wrote: »
    If it was ‘him’ they’d cut to who Blowers is taking about in order to make the storytelling of the trailer work.

I think they cut to Madeline as he says "our secret" to show he is talking to her.
    Luckily, we'll find out in April. Perhaps we could run an on-line bet? I'd actually put money on this one.
  • licencetocreatelicencetocreate Melbourne, Australia
    edited December 2019 Posts: 59
    I think I know who the person is below the ice in the trailer.
    It's the young girl with the puffy jacket we saw in paparazzi shots. I'm assuming this is a young Madeleine Swann or someone she knew/grew up with. The cabin can also be seen in both the paparazzi shot and trailer.

(Still from the trailer 1)
    1b.png

(Paparazzi shot)
    1c.jpg

(Still from the trailer 2)
    1d.png
  • licencetocreatelicencetocreate Melbourne, Australia
    This spoiler could suggest a certain character might be in trouble?
    The glass seen at either Q's house or office appears to be the same glass we see the masked figure (Safin) behind. Could this suggest Q might be in trouble?

(Still from the trailer 1)
    2a.png

(Still from the trailer 2)
    2b.png
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    mtm wrote: »

Half the time I hear "you." Half the time I hear "him." It depends on the speakers. I wish it were a little clearer

Interesting, I listened to it a half dozen times, on my phone, and always hear “him” .

He definitely doesn't say 'it'll be the death of you', he says 'it'll be the death of him', and I believe he's talking to Madeleine about Bond.

He’s talking to Bond and says ‘you’. They wouldn’t have put it in the trailer if it was ‘him’ as it wouldn’t make any sense.

It's going to be interesting when the film comes out. I mean I hear 'him' as clear as anything. There is no disputing it in the version I've seen. Interesting.
  • RC7RC7

Precisely.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 2,436
    NicNac wrote: »

It's going to be interesting when the film comes out. I mean I hear 'him' as clear as anything. There is no disputing it in the version I've seen. Interesting.

Maybe there's two versions circulating round? Has anyone checked between the UK and International trailer? Like how for TWINE some trailers had Christmas saying 'ass' and some had it as 'butt'.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I swear journalists from The Express just read these forums and try to pass off our discussions as news. Almost everything they publish is discussed here a day or two beforehand.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,311
    In the German trailer Blofeld says "you" (Wenn ihr Geheimnis ans Licht kommt, wird das dein Tod sein). That settles it.

And YT translations usually are automatically generated by the sound in the video.
    Mallory wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I swear journalists from The Express just read these forums and try to pass off our discussions as news. Almost everything they publish is discussed here a day or two beforehand.

Yeah I just read it I thought it was something new and didn't want to spoil myself but there is nothing new.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    It's you. All foreign trailers say "you".
  • quantum_boyquantum_boy London
    Looks like NTTD will be the first Bond film to feature immersive audio :D I've just seen the CPL name of the new trailer DCP, and there's a Dolby Atmos version. YESSSS! Bond has LONG been needing something beyond the traditional 5.1 or 7.1
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Its interesting how when we get to Safins base we don't see nomi anymore you think Safin and Nomi are like a power couple drawing inspiration from Cary's first Bond film he saw a view to a kill and she is a flip of May Day instead of bad to good it's good to bad. The elevator with the fire in the beginning of the trailer reminds me of the climax of a view to a kill in city hall. I zoomed in and one looks like nomi the other I would have to double check. Plus there characters are grouped together with the posters Bond and Madeleine are grouped then its Safin and Nomi and then its polma and q at least on Twitter. Facebook they are next to each other.
  • zebrafish wrote: »
    In the German trailer Blofeld says "you" (Wenn ihr Geheimnis ans Licht kommt, wird das dein Tod sein). That settles it.

Nothing settled for me, when my ears tell me he's so obviously saying "him" on the English trailer I've seen.
    We'll see, come April. That'll settle it!

• quantum_boyquantum_boy London
    ...and the blocky YouTube encoding, my God. I've just watched it in 2K and the colour is absolutely *stunning*. The mix is punchy as hell, too :-O
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,541
    I know it’s beating a dead horse, but I just listened to it 5 times and I’m 100% sure that he says “ him”. ..... I think😏

I doesn't make sense if he says him, but I have watched it more than 30 times and I keep hearing him. What is wrong with my ears #-o
    Also I am loving it that none of you could figure out the plot yet :))
    Don't you think that's also a repeat of Miranda Frost working for MI6 when her true allegiance lies with the main villain of the film @007Blofeld? Not so much the "power couple" as you put it, but more of a double agent scenario. Also, I think you're taking the trailer as chronologically correct. Clearly, Niomi isn't going to be shoehorned into every single scene that has Bond in it. It wouldn't surprise me in the least when M asks where 007 is, the movie cuts to the scene of the commando-style assault that proceeds it, with Niomi being the person wearing the balaclava, whipping it off to reveal that it's not Bond but Lashana Lynch doing all the fighting and Bond-like stuff. Well, that's my hunch.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I think Blofeld mention him, him could be refer to that kidnapped scientist, that scientist could be related to Madeline not malek.