NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• Two new photos, coutersy of Gamesradar.

S3c67k5RZJCUHV2gyh3DZF-1200-80.jpg
    3xbC2kr54b2njARFzcHQVP-1200-80.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    So when M asks where 007 is: who's he talking about? :)

Bond's personal library includes 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance' and 'The Complete Book of Sea Fishing' :)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Can't wait to watch this on imax @-)
    Cinematography looks brilliant and dialogues looks Polished. We also got a bit confirmation that Lynch is 00 but what about 007 rumour?
    Anyone else spot lots of visual references to Skyfall?
    Mixed feelings from me on the trailer, TBH.

Certainly feels more like a final release trailer than a teaser.
    I think it looks even more like a direct sequel to the previous film than QoS was to CR. Just wish it were a sequel to a better Bond film.

That said, I think it looks better than SP.
    It would be better if there isn't any more trailer. Keep it tightly wrapped with secrecy.
    My god I loved that trailer. Seems the online community (of non hardcore fans) are acting positively to it as well
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Safin's lair looks very Ken Adam. Loving the set design.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Can't wait to watch this on imax @-)
    Cinematography looks brilliant and dialogues looks Polished. We also got a bit confirmation that Lynch is 00 but what about 007 rumour?

Well M asks where 007 is...
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    GMA went outside and ran the trailer for everyone on the street. Hopefully they upload the full segment with Craig & co

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,554
    Anyone else notice the ribbed glass windows when Bond pays Q a visit?

• GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    edited December 2019 Posts: 6,784
    This one gets me extremely hyped. The Aston from Daylights, the dialogue, the colours, the locations, the return of Felix, the DB5 in action, it all accumulates to expectations higher than ever really.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Safin's lair looks very Ken Adam. Loving the set design.

Remember GE64, the "temple" level? I got immediately transported to it.

Love the Ken Adamesque design of it all.

BTW, that Paloma picture...

@TripAces, all I could see were the cat houses Q had behind him. For his two cats, probably.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Only managed to squeeze in a couple of watches so far but my two cents...

Looks outstanding. Love the production design. Immaculately crafted. Almost like something from Blade Runner. Fantastic use of symmetry, coupled with what looks to be some amazing Sandgren shot choices. The colours are vibrant and stimulating. The locations look wonderful.

Craig looks great. It looks to me that we are getting a middle ground performance, somewhere between his harder edged QoS persona and his more relaxed SF/SP Bond.

Lynch looks like she's going to be a scene stealer, and she doesn't seem to be 007, despite all the talk about it.

Waltz' inclusion is welcome and I like the way he seems to be complimenting the suspicion surrounding Madeleine. I like what they are doing with her here, seems to be more complex than just killing her off and it does feel like her and Bond's relationship from Spectre will be improved by this film.

The action looks great.

I'm not sure about Malek's character yet, but his monologues are suitably menacing thus far.

All in all, pretty chuffed with it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Anybody feels it's too spoilery, like some of those SP trailers? Not watched it yet, might as well hold off if it's going to reveal a massive portion of the story, stunts, or twists.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Damn cool trailer.
    Oh wow!!!

What a trailer

I had no doubts about the trailer

Amazing amazing stuff

I had no idea the movie will be like this, it sorta surprised me to see the direction they're taking with Bond

Cory and Linus are going to singlehandedly make this movie amazing

Craig seems on point too!!!

Overall I love the direction.

I told you that Nomi is different than Bond, her on field approach is what I expected from her.

If I have to nitpick:

I hope Nomi is not too much in the movie, and I really really really really really really hope that Malek is not Dr. No

I really get that vibe from him..

Malek doing the ....slow.....Alan Rickman-esque.....talking.....

I mean..it's good but I feel like they could've done something more extravagant.
    Not sure how I feel about his face being all messed up, I just envisoned him as a young dude full of power and passion - basically a young Elon Musk maybe? haha

I love that they showed Blofeld in the trailer cause...I knew he would've been in the movie and I felt "dirty" knowing that "spoiler" haah

Overall..idk, I love the trailer. I am not as hyped as you people for the movie cause it will continue from the last movei which wasn't that great, but I believe in Fukunaga and Linus to bring a great movie at least visually.

The plot seems to be interesting too which is a positive surprise.

It look familiar and yet not really familiar haah

It looks like Fukunaga will do his best to bring the classic Bond back, or at least that's the vibe I got from Craig in this trailer.

We'll see what the movie will be but judging from the trailer (which is not always a great measurement haha) it looks like they did the best they could and that's really really nice to hear!

Also...I feel like Malek won't be too much in the movie which might be a bummer, but then again Dr.No wasn't in the movie too much either

Idk, I love the trailer, the team seems to be doing an alright job with the movie so far

And...hmm..again, only one shot of Ana..it seems like she's only in one scene the entire movie huh?

Interesting.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Two new photos, coutersy of Gamesradar.

S3c67k5RZJCUHV2gyh3DZF-1200-80.jpg
    3xbC2kr54b2njARFzcHQVP-1200-80.jpg

I mean, it's hard not to shake that Goldmember vibe from the interrogation scene but I love it. Looks like we are improving on SPECTRE big time (and I'm a fan of SPECTRE).

Also, Safin going for the Brandon Flowers look. The Killers for main title theme confirmed!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I'm laughing at all those who claimed Waltz would not be back because he said he wouldn't.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    GMA full segment

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,948
    Lynch looks like she's going to be a scene stealer, and she doesn't seem to be 007, despite all the talk about it.

What makes you think that?
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Anybody feels it's too spoilery, like some of those SP trailers? Not watched it yet, might as well hold off if it's going to reveal a massive portion of the story, stunts, or twists.

Well this one gives even more away:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1201974433319182338

• I love how it's a character driven trailer. I am so fascinated by why Bond thinks Madeleine betrayed him. Their relationship I am getting more and more intrigued by. I think Nomi is still going to be 007, cause if I remember correctly they don't explicitly give her a 00 number, and they don't call Bond 007 directly. Could just be something I've missed. It looks like Bond is getting interrogated by Safin (he's on his knees). I loved how we didn't get any story stuff, just the emotional journey Bond goes on which is what we need for what will be Daniel's last film most likely.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    Don't mean to be negative, but what if the trailer is bad and shows too much?

Then that'll be bad. Why worry about things we can't control?
    I wonder if Safin is just a big red herring by Blofeld. While Bond is distracted he hatches his real plan.

A part of me wants this. But I know that'd be a huge waste of Remi Malak. I do hope Safin is the primary villain for the entire film, which I believe he will be. I still want Blofeld in the background pulling the strings.

I'm just a huge fan of the archvillain dynamic. Like it'd be great if the next Bond actor gets a series of films where he's always up against Blofeld's latest criminal scheme. Different primary villains each time, different plans, but always Blofeld in the background.

My bet is that Blofeld will be like an Hannibal Lecter in SOTL type character : playing mind games while Bond fights the main villain, then escaping at some point in the film. But Safin is the main antagonist imo.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Plot wasn't revealed much but stunts, yes. Watch with your own risk. But my suggestion would be go ahead, i think people are getting too much sensitive after SP. We don't know much about story this time so this trailer is good for everyone.
    EK8r5sBVAAMQviO.jpg

Holy mother of sweet devine God.
    How are people who don’t like SP feeling? It certainly seems to be leaning on SP.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 8,034
    mtm wrote: »

What makes you think that?

Just a hunch based on the way the trailer is cut. Yes, I'm aware they often mislead, but...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Gave it a shot, not really impressed, sadly. Seems to be even more of that brooding, personal angle, lots of "secrets from the past" being dug up, etc. I hope I'm wrong and the film blows me away.