No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I'm glad to see Madeline won't get bumped off like Tracy. My guess is she leaves him instead, much like Tiffany Case in the novels.

I'd love to see it go this way.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 490
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I think even if Waltz has lesser screen time, he's going to make each scene count in NTTD. In order to make up for his SP performance. But of course Mendes played a huge part on how Waltz performed in SP.

Not to go too far down with this being the NTTD thread but I actually really liked his performance in Spectre. Yes it was like a watered-down Hans Landa but he was creepy and menacing and did a good job. My complaint is that the film spent so long hopping from one clue to the next to figure out what this organization was, by the time we actually see the man in his proper scarred form there's like 10 minutes left in the film.

I was so excited for Blofeld to be his true self for an entire film but now that Rami Malek is onboard the less Blofeld the better in my opinion. Safin seems far more compelling at this point.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Some of the surprise factor will be gone with waltz though.

Couldn't care less of a surprise factor. I just hope he gets a scene or two that's more effective than what was delivered in SP.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 7,518

Couldn't care less of a surprise factor. I just hope he gets a scene or two that's more effective than what was delivered in SP.

I agree. And he will, I'm sure of it. EON have thought on their sins and the production team know they have to do right by Blofeld and SPECTRE.

I think it’s going to be hard, we don’t want a retread of Spectre or a stale 3rd act

I think it’s going to be hard, we don’t want a retread of Spectre or a stale 3rd act

I would rather not have him break out of jail, kill Safin for taking over Spectre, and then becoming the big baddie for Act 3. I think that sounds cool on paper or in a different film but Rami Malek is too good to be thrown away like that.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 7,518
    ertert wrote: »

I would rather not have him break out of jail, kill Safin for taking over Spectre, and then becoming the big baddie for Act 3. I think that sounds cool on paper or in a different film but Rami Malek is too good to be thrown away like that.

I agree with your main point. I'd like Blofeld to break out of jail, but not to kill Safin. Ideally Blofeld will still have always been the head of SPECTRE, albeit from prison.
    Based on the rumors we've seen, I think we can safely say Safin does not die by Blofeld's hand, so you're safe there.
    Haha! This was my first thought as well. :))

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

+1. Enough with mystery boxes and surprises, give me a good film I can enjoy on multiple viewings.
  • robcoperobcope St. Petersburg, FL
    edited December 2019 Posts: 58
    k
    New still!
    bond-ew-excl.jpg

No idea what's going on here... Is Madeleine scared of Bond?

Without a doubt where Blofeld is being held?!!!!

Assuming as I will that Safin is the mask wearer? I wonder if their will be a situation in the movie where Bond is confronted by multiple mask wearers to disorientate him even more seeing as Safin gets into his head?
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    I like both his suit and her dress. The suit looks less tight than the ones in SF and SP.
    So Blofeld has the scar and Maleks character looks like he is going to have some disfigurement too. True fleming fashion!
    I don't think they get married at all.

I hope not, to be honest. Somehow having Bond marry anyone other than Tracy just seems wrong to me.
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    edited December 2019 Posts: 44
    I’d like to see Safin kill Blofeld early in the film, therefore getting rid of the perceived threat as early as possible, and to rise to the top ASAP, and assume control.
    After all, in one of the better scenes in Spectre, Hinx gets the opportunity to stake a claim near the top, and how can Blofeld be of any use now he’s crippled, and presumably has no organisation to speak of, given it was his major HQ that got destroyed in Morocco. Also, It Makes good drama to kill a main protagonist early and shock the audience.
    I don’t think safin will kill Blofeld. I have a feeling franz has a few more tricks up his sleeve. Maybe he takes out nomi or Madeline and bond kills him near the end or leaves him to die
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    New still!
    bond-ew-excl.jpg

Assuming as I will that Safin is the mask wearer? I wonder if their will be a situation in the movie where Bond is confronted by multiple mask wearers to disorientate him even more seeing as Safin gets into his head?

I believe this suit is the same one Dan was wearing on location with Fiennes during the exterior Hammersmith shoot. Perhaps a scene with Bond and M cooking up whatever scheme James is onto here...
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    New still!
    bond-ew-excl.jpg

That's a brilliant idea. Add mirrors and everyone will be tripped out
    Does anyone think we’re going to get new story details tomorrow? I suspect we may finally get some new official tidbits.
    They’ll have to talk about the movie so I’m sure something will slip
    qylI9Qr.jpg
    There are so many ways they can take the Safin + Blofeld angle. I suspect since this is Craig’s last there will be resolution, so I predict both villains will bite the dust somehow. It would make sense for Safin to kill Blofeld if he knew Blofeld was giving MI6 information about him. Having Blofeld break out could be cool too if done well. A certain “hate triangle” between Bond, Safin, and Blofeld maybe? I’m very curious how minor or major a part Blofeld has in this story, but I am confident he will not survive this time.
    I assume Blofeld breaking out of jail would be the last we see of him in the movie, just before the climax. This would be so they could leave the character open to returning in a future film with a different actor should EON want to use Blofeld again.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 1,680
    Eon wasn’t confident enough to use Blofeld again for the main villian again
    I assume Blofeld breaking out of jail would be the last we see of him in the movie, just before the climax. This would be so they could leave the character open to returning in a future film with a different actor should EON want to use Blofeld again.

I have to disagree on this one. I think the Craig era is connected enough to the point where they won’t leave cliffhangers, though I might be wrong. I have a strong hunch the next Bond / era will start from scratch again.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2019 Posts: 5,834
    FoxRox wrote: »

I have to disagree on this one. I think the Craig era is connected enough to the point where they won’t leave cliffhangers, though I might be wrong. I have a strong hunch the next Bond / era will start from scratch again.
    I agree @FoxRox, and after the reaction they received with Waltz (I know it was writing that screwed him), but they may find it better to move on, and the best thing about it is we can't really get annoyed, because it's almost as traditional as James Bond for Ernst Stavro Blofeld to change actor, and not only that but almost change personalities each time as well. The only difference this time around would be is that it's not meant to be the same Blofeld.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Based on...?
    edited December 2019 Posts: 8,000

That doesn't mean they wouldn't be down the line.
    FoxRox wrote: »

I don't mean it would be treated like a big cliffhanger, just more along the lines of how they had DAF leave Blofeld's fate open ended in order to use him for a future film, which they intended to bring him back with TSWLM before McClory threw his weight around. Or a more recent example Mr. White, who's last appearance was at an opera in QOS before deciding to bring him back for SP seven years later.

As for future films, they'll either be soft reboots like how the 1962-2002 films were treated or they will start from scratch but hopefully not do a Bond Begins story all over again.

Either way, I don't think Blofeld will die. It would be kind of a waste to finally have gotten the rights to that character only to under-use him before killing him off. I was thankful SPECTRE didn't have Bond shoot Blofeld on the bridge like Purvis & Wade originally wrote.
    Minion wrote: »
    Based on...?
    The mixed reception of foster brother, malek being the likely lead villian, and the overall reception of Spectre.
    We’ll see. I’d like to see a well-done Blofeld death though. They can pretend like nothing happened once the next Bond steps in. Personally though I’d like to see Blofeld and SPECTRE take a break again after NTTD.