No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• RC7RC7
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Craig reveals his watch in the poster by drawing his sleeve upwards and subtly from his wrist ....maybe the watch has a few optional extras.

They aren’t paying for it to be hidden under his sleeve.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Maybe she is scared or worried about him and this new mission like James don't leave me it's too dangerous.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Maybe she is scared or worried about him and this new mission like James don't leave me it's too dangerous.

I think after matera they don’t meet until toward the end in London then go to Norway
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Minion wrote: »
    New still!
    bond-ew-excl.jpg

No idea what's going on here... Is Madeleine scared of Bond?
    Guess everyone convinced Madeleine would die in Matera are more than likely wrong.

My initial impression is that...
    This is early on, maybe even the in the PTS: what we have is
    mtm wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »

Mirrors have been a significant symbol during the entire Craig era. And that is not by accident. In Jungian terms, it represents the duality of the soul, and most of Craig's Bond films have dealt with such duality.

People always think mirrors represent things, but often they just look cool :)
    The dialogue:
    Bond: This is the last time I cheat on you.
    Swann: you've said that the last 200 times.

“Just give me.. “ -Holds up his hand- “five more chances”

True. But filmmakers have choices. And we often have to ask: why this choice? Just because it looks cool, or because there is something deeper? I am prone to see it as more of the latter.

Campbell started this trend: during Bond's first kill in CR , we see his reflection in the bathroom mirror. This was a conscious decision by Campbell. It has grown from there.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Madeleine is extremely attractive in that photo. It does look as if Bond is trying to convince her of something.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Maybe he wants to interrogate Blohauser too and she's shocked by the way he's asking? :-?

Or he says "Give me a refund. Your therapy sessions sucks"

:D
    Bam he shoots her. Opening credits.

Hahaha. Good one
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    jake24 wrote: »
    Madeleine is extremely attractive in that photo. It does look as if Bond is trying to convince her of something.

*Sir Roger eyebrow raise...

I wonder if this scene will be in the trailer at all? Looks like a key moment
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited December 2019 Posts: 4,247
    Yeah, of course they pay for the watch to be shown.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2019 Posts: 7,526
    My guess is Swann and Bond have split, and Madeleine now works in the facility that's detaining Blofeld. Bond's working off the grid and wants some alone time with Blofeld, to get information out of him.
    I'm never right about this sort of thing, and that's what makes the anticipation so exciting!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,936
    My guess is Swann and Bond have split, and Madeleine now works in the facility that's detaining Blofeld. Bond's working off the grid and wants some alone time with Blofeld, to get information out of him.
    I'm never right about this sort of thing, and that's what makes the anticipation so exciting!

That sounds pretty believable though! :)
    RC7 wrote: »
    Craig reveals his watch in the poster by drawing his sleeve upwards and subtly from his wrist ....maybe the watch has a few optional extras.

And to be fair watches do naturally do that.
    Safin is likely the new head of Spectre and Blofeld likely knows the Norway location
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Safin is likely the new head of Spectre and Blofeld likely knows the Norway location

Bingo. This is a compelling theory. So what is at the Norway location? What happens to Blofeld? I do like your idea though.

The aesthetics of a diver's watch sticking out from under a sleeve/between a sleeve and glove is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

My hope is that it's presented this way, but Blofeld is still in charge and pulling strings from prison. In my ideal world, Blofeld will escape at some point in the film.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Maybe Bond was watching her interrogate Blofeld through the two way mirror and she feels a bit sideswiped when she discovers him on the other side? Assuming those files she's carrying are Blofeld's of course!
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 6,677

The aesthetics of a diver's watch sticking out from under a sleeve/between a sleeve and glove is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

Indeed. I wonder when does Omega plan to reveal this exclusive watch? Seems like Bond has it for the duration of the entire film, except for Matera, where he seems to be wearing his old AquaTerra.

A diver’s watch and a sort of navy issued pullover seem like the proper fit for the Commander. This is as close as we’re gonna get to a naval uniform, I suppose. Tactical and practical.

I must say, I usually hate character posters, but I’m loving these.
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,126
    I think Bond and Swann are married and Bond and Swann rejoin Mi6 with this new threat that emerges. Based on the new photo still.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think Bond and Swann are married and Bond and Swann rejoin Mi6 with this new threat that emerges. Based on the new photo still.
    There might be more wedding rings if that were the case! :)
    Univex wrote: »

Indeed. I wonder when does Omega plan to reveal this exclusive watch? Seems like Bond has it for the duration of the entire film, except for Matera, where he seems to be wearing his old AquaTerra.

A diver’s watch and a sort of navy issued pullover seem like the proper fit for the Commander. This is as close as we’re gonna get to a naval uniform, I suppose. Tactical and practical.

I must say, I usually hate character posters, but I’m loving these.

Seems he usually sports both a Seamaster and an Aqua Terra in his films. Still hoping we get Craig in a Naval Commander uniform, could happen!
    Love what they're doing with the colours in the first poster, as well as the character posters. Whishaw looks quite different in this poster than he has in the previous films to my eyes.
    There might be more wedding rings if that were the case! :)

It's all a mystery.
    I don't think they get married at all.
    I don't think they get married at all.
    Me neither.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    00Heaven wrote: »
    Maybe Bond was watching her interrogate Blofeld through the two way mirror and she feels a bit sideswiped when she discovers him on the other side? Assuming those files she's carrying are Blofeld's of course!

My hope is that it's presented this way, but Blofeld is still in charge and pulling strings from prison. In my ideal world, Blofeld will escape at some point in the film.

@NickTwentyTwo You could be right about the prison cell/escape theory.

Don't know if you've seen these pics before in here, but a few weeks ago I found these on instagram posted by a hired company building sets with fake brick walls, etc, at Pinewood Studios. They didn't tag NTTD at all but the vague description and timeline in their posting fits the production length perfectly so these pics could very well be a prison cell/break-out and escape route via underground sewage system. Everything you see in the pics are made out of plaster and foam. Pretty cool!

8EOnJ20.jpg
    Tc88bBi.jpg
    BiDblHX.jpg
    NMdnsXZ.jpg
    Very cool and maybe supports the theory!
    Could be a little too similar to Skyfall in that regard however, if it shows him escaping underground.
    I'd almost like it to be offscreen, like M phones Bond and says "Bond... Blofeld's escaped. We need you back here immediately" yadda yadda at the end of the film.
    They could hint to this inevitability by showing a prison guard with a Spectre ring...

... like I wish they did at the end of Spectre!
    Or Bond himself has to break him out of there in order to get to Safin.

That'd be a great turn, Bond helping Blofeld escape.

On the watch discussion, I almost wonder if I'd prefer the watch on top of the sleeve in true NATO fashion, rather than just peeking out from behind.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 6,677

That'd be a great turn, Bond helping Blofeld escape.

On the watch discussion, I almost wonder if I'd prefer the watch on top of the sleeve in true NATO fashion, rather than just peeking out from behind.

Would be cool of done with a NATO strap, but that sort of mesh wouldn’t have made for a comfortable fit, I reckon. But now that you mention it, it would indeed be wicked.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I'm glad to see Madeline won't get bumped off like Tracy. My guess is she leaves him instead, much like Tiffany Case in the novels.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think even if Waltz has lesser screen time, he's going to make each scene count in NTTD. In order to make up for his SP performance. But of course Mendes played a huge part on how Waltz performed in SP.
    Some of the surprise factor will be gone with waltz though.