NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

Quite like the posters. The women look gorgeous. Not sure I'm quite happy with so many of them handling guns though. You don't need the Bond girl to be depicted as an action chick to be interesting. I might be wrong, but I don't remember Camille being heavily armed on the posters. As for Malik, not much to tell but I like his coat.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Quite like the posters. The women look gorgeous. Not sure I'm quite happy with so many of them handling guns though. You don't need the Bond girl to be depicted as an action chick to be interesting. I might be wrong, but I don't remember Camille being heavily armed on the posters. As for Malik, not much to tell but I like his coat.
    We haven't had many gun-totin' women in the Craig era, so I say let them go all out in NTTD.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2019 Posts: 14,861
    Seems slightly odd to complain about characters holding guns in a Bond film! :D

Goldfinger-Varley-Thomas-little-old-lady-machine-gun-gatekeeper.png
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I think Bond and Swann are married and Bond and Swann rejoin Mi6 with this new threat that emerges. Based on the new photo still.
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I think Bond and Swann are married and Bond and Swann rejoin Mi6 with this new threat that emerges. Based on the new photo still.

But what happens in matera for the split
    mtm wrote: »
    Seems slightly odd to complain about characters holding guns in a Bond film! :D

Goldfinger-Varley-Thomas-little-old-lady-machine-gun-gatekeeper.png

Eheh, nicely done. We’ve had our amount of gun wielding women throughout the series.
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 1,215
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Bond and Madeleine are attacked by (presumably) Spectre operatives. The chase ends with Bond sending Madeleine off on a train. My guess is that after their honeymoon is interrupted, Bond decides to part ways for the sake of Madeleine’s safety. Then we jump time to Bond alone in Jamaica and then whatever the central conflict of the film is, reunites them later on.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

It's all a mystery really.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    ertert wrote: »
    Ok I may be reading too much into this but I think I see some salt & pepper in Rami's hair which lends credence to the flashback theory. Can't tell if those marks on his face are scars or from age.

You may be on to something. There are indeed grays in his hair which could imply that Malek is playing a character older than he is.

You can see the grays in a HD photo.

4x5-Rami-Break-DOM-1536x1920.jpg

Bond and Madeleine are attacked by (presumably) Spectre operatives. The chase ends with Bond sending Madeleine off on a train l.

“We will always have Matera”

A Casablanca reminiscent scene would do ;)
    ertert wrote: »
    Ok I may be reading too much into this but I think I see some salt & pepper in Rami's hair which lends credence to the flashback theory. Can't tell if those marks on his face are scars or from age.

You may be on to something. There are indeed grays in his hair which could imply that Malek is playing a character older than he is.

You can see the grays in a HD photo.

4x5-Rami-Break-DOM-1536x1920.jpg

Thanks! This would lend credence to the flashback theory, but the facial scars make things confusing.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I think he's using makeup to hide his scars. :-O
    Well the mask’s damaged side is the one we strategically can’t see in that picture.

I, for one, am now almost sure he’s the one at Madeleine’s cabin, in a flashback, which would explain their personal connection and would harken to her narrative in SP. It all makes terrible sense, from the little we know.
  • manovermanover uk
    Plus its the other side of the face that he gets shot on...which they are hiding by making him pose this way.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2019 Posts: 7,518
    Malek looks brilliant.

Hoping for some disfiguration though, maybe it happens later in the film?

Is there a link to all the posters in HD?
  • edited December 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Malek looks brilliant.

Guy really looks creepy, doesn’t he?

Was wondering the same thing about the high res versions.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Ludovico wrote: »

I hardly see how them holding guns is an issue. We already know they see plenty of action in the film so why not? I don't think it's overdoing it for the marketing. If anything I feel like they've downplayed the focus on Lashana which might be a good thing considering the earlier negative press with the 007 nonsense. This puts Craig and Seydoux front and centre.
  • BMWTREKPSEBMWTREKPSE Colorado
    Is there a release time for the trailer tomorrow?

I've watched the trailer's trailer at least 30 times now. I love it.
    Univex wrote: »
    Well the mask’s damaged side is the one we strategically can’t see in that picture.

I, for one, am now almost sure he’s the one at Madeleine’s cabin, in a flashback, which would explain their personal connection and would harken to her narrative in SP. It all makes terrible sense, from the little we know.

He's 100% the guy at the cabin but i'm still seeing good arguments on both sides of the flashback issue.

He was using the same gun that Bond used at the meteor base and was hanging on the wall in Mr. White's safe. That is not an accident. That means Safin is likely a Spectre member...so why then is he hunting down Madeline when her father is a member of the same organization? Though not withstanding that this would fit very well with her story in Spectre and would add a layer of trauma to her character. I think dramatically this is the more interesting scenario. It would also explain why Malek seems to look older and have some grey hairs.

But the if it is in the present day...who is the girl? Why is he chasing her? Where did he get the scars etc. ? This is more mysterious.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited December 2019 Posts: 2,630
    Malek looks brilliant.

See here: (Images are 3376x5000)
    g5ymxkkgyg241.jpg

p34m3zpvyg241.jpg

nb8n5m71zg241.jpg

p24ku7f4zg241.jpg

nlxesb8bzg241.jpg

1u6d2w6fzg241.jpg
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited December 2019 Posts: 3,497
    manover wrote: »
    Plus its the other side of the face that he gets shot on...which they are hiding by making him pose this way.

See, I thought I was the only one that noticed that his "unseen" side has a bigger scar...

It looks almost like a skull...
    BMWTREKPSE wrote: »

1pm GMT
  • BMWTREKPSEBMWTREKPSE Colorado
    antovolk wrote: »

1pm GMT

Thanks! Where's the best place to watch for it to drop? Youtube?
    JamesCraig wrote: »

See, I thought I was the only one that noticed that his "unseen" side has a bigger scar...

It looks almost like a skull...

I noticed that as well when comparing it to the stuntman who has visible marks on his face too but I wasn't sure if it was a mirror image due to how the picture was taken.

It wouldn't make sense for him to have wounds on the side of his face where the mask was still intact UNLESS, as another user pointed out, the facial scarring pre-dates the Lake scene and has nothing to do with it. This almost makes sense because the marks on the stuntman's face look like they are healed and not freshly bloody.

So maybe there's a gross out moment where his mask gets broken off and you see this already disfigured face underneath.
    Malek looks brilliant.

See here: (Images are 3376x5000)
    g5ymxkkgyg241.jpg

p34m3zpvyg241.jpg

nb8n5m71zg241.jpg

p24ku7f4zg241.jpg

nlxesb8bzg241.jpg

1u6d2w6fzg241.jpg

Thank you!

He's a genetic terrorist and he gets his scars from being shot? What a waste...

Do you have a source?

He's a genetic terrorist and he gets his scars from being shot? What a waste...

Do you have a source?

All we know is the following, unless I am missing something, in regards to all that jazz:
    Safin is seen briefly in the teaser wearing a white mask. Rami Malek's stunt double was seen filming with the same mask but the corner of it is broken off and has some kinds of burns or scars on his face underneath. That is leading to the speculation that whatever trauma caused his mask to break caused his wounds.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Univex wrote: »

I think so too. It's a flashback/scene from the past, Madeleine is 12 or 13 years old, Safin around 25.

Maybe we'll see in the trailer tomorrow whether this is true or false.
    Those character posters are excellent, much better than previous ones for sure.
    antovolk wrote: »

1pm GMT

Thanks! Where's the best place to watch for it to drop? Youtube?

Yup, the official 007 channel