No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

14995005025045051078

Comments

  • Posts: 5,200
    Well, to be fair, we’ve been hearing about early December for quite some time now. So this isn’t new at all. The gearing up in early 2020 is just common sense by now, isn’t it?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,126
    If MGM says early 2020 I guess we can expect January at the earliest.
  • Posts: 5,200
    Mi6 says it’s not November. Not that it’s not December.

    But hey, it’s a guessing game and it has been for a while now.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Posts: 3,126
    Univex wrote: »
    Mi6 says it’s not November. Not that it’s not December.

    But hey, it’s a guessing game and it has been for a while now.

    Thing is wouldn't MGM say December going into early 2020 I have a feeling especially in the States there is going to be a trailer for the Super Bowl.
  • the news about early December came from jamesbond.de and they got it directly from Universal Pictures Germany.
  • Posts: 5,200
    HerrBond wrote: »
    the news about early December came from jamesbond.de and they got it directly from Universal Pictures Germany.

    Exactly. Totally legit.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Posts: 3,126
    HerrBond wrote: »
    the news about early December came from jamesbond.de and they got it directly from Universal Pictures Germany.

    Maybe a teaser in December then the main thing in February for the Super Bowl?
  • HerrBond wrote: »
    the news about early December came from jamesbond.de and they got it directly from Universal Pictures Germany.

    MI6 are not the sources here. I'd ignore their comments. It's jamesbond.de bringing the news.

    Unless, MI6 actually have a date and once again they are playing that game when they inanely hint at having news on Twitter and send fans into an anxiety storm. Fun!

    man-facepalming-type-4_1f926-1f3fd-200d-2642-fe0f.png

    Again, guys? Seriously?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Posts: 3,157
    MI6-HQ knows when the trailer will be released, apparently.


    So are we really looking at a first trailer in bloody January right now? What did they do, halve the promotion budget?

    At this point I would be surprised if a trailer gets out before the movie's première.

  • Posts: 13,082
    For those complaining about Craig saying he's tired: get cast as Bond, then tell us how you feel after your Bond movie is wrapped up, with all the pressure, mental and physical, the media attention, everything.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Posts: 5,163
    Walecs wrote: »
    MI6-HQ knows when the trailer will be released, apparently.


    So are we really looking at a first trailer in bloody January right now? What did they do, halve the promotion budget?

    At this point I would be surprised if a trailer gets out before the movie's première.

    They will debut the trailer with the movie :))
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Posts: 6,334
    A trailer release in December and the marketing then kicking into high gear in January makes perfect sense to me.

    Maybe a second poster and/or some more official stills in between.
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 10,274
    I would still hope for a December trailer for Pete’s sake, if it’s not November. The movie is coming up quickly. It’s important not just to get the fans hyped, but also start marketing this thing to the masses. January or February seems way too late.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,668
    Is the whole news regarding a trailer in December credible? Is that to be potentially trusted?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,578
    00Agent wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    MI6-HQ knows when the trailer will be released, apparently.


    So are we really looking at a first trailer in bloody January right now? What did they do, halve the promotion budget?

    At this point I would be surprised if a trailer gets out before the movie's première.

    They will debut the trailer with the movie :))

    Or after... Hahaha
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited November 2019 Posts: 2,677
    I will be shocked if the trailer comes out in January. The marketing strategy behind this film is starting to look quite unusual compared to other blockbusters, even the most secretive ones, like Star Wars. Hopefully it will pay off, because I want the film to be a bo smash.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,163
    Contraband wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    MI6-HQ knows when the trailer will be released, apparently.


    So are we really looking at a first trailer in bloody January right now? What did they do, halve the promotion budget?

    At this point I would be surprised if a trailer gets out before the movie's première.

    They will debut the trailer with the movie :))

    Or after... Hahaha

    At the end of april...

    Barbara: "The Box office is much lower than expected, i feel like there's something we forgot to do. Michael, do you have any idea?"

    Michael: "Hmmm... AH Bloody Hell!! Quick, whats our youtube password?!"
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,578
    00Agent wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    MI6-HQ knows when the trailer will be released, apparently.


    So are we really looking at a first trailer in bloody January right now? What did they do, halve the promotion budget?

    At this point I would be surprised if a trailer gets out before the movie's première.

    They will debut the trailer with the movie :))

    Or after... Hahaha

    At the end of april...

    Barbara: "The Box office is much lower than expected, i feel like there's something we forgot to do. Michael, do you have any idea?"

    Michael: "Hmmm... AH Bloody Hell!! Quick, whats our youtube password?!"

    LOL

  • matt_u wrote: »
    I will be shocked if the trailer comes out in January. The marketing strategy behind this film is starting to look quite unusual compared to other blockbusters, even the most secretive ones, like Star Wars. Hopefully it will pay off, because I want the film to be a bo smash.

    ENDGAME was an April release and didn’t get its trailer until December. Could be a similar strategy here. Trailer out for the holidays, followed by more prominent marketing at the start of the year.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,578
    On the 16th of Nov, 007 (twitter) published the special CR-edit, like 15 sec. long, with NTTD at the end in english. But then it suddenly was deleted again. Why?!

    The german and spanish version is still up and out there.
  • Posts: 661
    Missing the chance to have the trailer play with Star Wars would be an actual marketing disaster, from so many perspectives. I'd highly suspect the trailer will still be released in December, and the MGM reference on the call was about more conventional campaign activations related to the film's release.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Posts: 216
    Time waits for no one (Eliot Sumner Instagram)
  • Posts: 1,678
    If a trailer or teaser isn’t released in December then their just being silly at this point.

    I don’t get it
  • Posts: 12,198
    I will await Star Wars next month? As Barry007 stated that's a golden opportunity for a teaser trailer?!!!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 4,337
    Oh well haha :)

    The film is still coming out in April, and after that all this fluff will disappear. So imo they can release a trailer whenever they want, I’m still gonna go see it and probs enjoy it :)
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited November 2019 Posts: 833
    Contraband wrote: »
    On the 16th of Nov, 007 (twitter) published the special CR-edit, like 15 sec. long, with NTTD at the end in english. But then it suddenly was deleted again. Why?!

    The german and spanish version is still up and out there.
    I wonder if the trailer release was set for late November, to coincide with those clips, but the plan changed in the middle of the postings.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    If a trailer or teaser isn’t released in December then their just being silly at this point.

    I don’t get it
    *They're
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Oh well haha :)

    The film is still coming out in April, and after that all this fluff will disappear. So imo they can release a trailer whenever they want, I’m still gonna go see it and probs enjoy it :)
    No one will care about the wait once the movie is out, but whatever helps people wile away the time in the meantime. Personally, I think it would be more fun to focus on something else. I'll be enjoying the re-release of Halo Reach on PC myself. :)
  • Post from The Spy Command about the MGM investor call. There were also two Bond questions during the Q&A session. MGM executives dodged both but it's very unusual to have specific Bond questions.

    https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2019/11/21/mgm-says-no-time-to-die-marketing-gears-up-in-early-2020/
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Post from The Spy Command about the MGM investor call. There were also two Bond questions during the Q&A session. MGM executives dodged both but it's very unusual to have specific Bond questions.

    https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2019/11/21/mgm-says-no-time-to-die-marketing-gears-up-in-early-2020/

    Very interesting but I guess that's normal PR.

    Regards to the trailer I could care less too. This film has been different then films past I wouldn't be surprised if we get only one at around the Super Bowl in early February and that's it.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »
    Post from The Spy Command about the MGM investor call. There were also two Bond questions during the Q&A session. MGM executives dodged both but it's very unusual to have specific Bond questions.

    https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2019/11/21/mgm-says-no-time-to-die-marketing-gears-up-in-early-2020/

    Very interesting but I guess that's normal PR.

    Regards to the trailer I could care less too. This film has been different then films past I wouldn't be surprised if we get only one at around the Super Bowl in early February and that's it.

    I wouldn't assume NTTD gets a Super Bowl spot. Maybe yes, maybe no. MGM also has a movie coming out around the time of the Super Bowl.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 3,126
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Post from The Spy Command about the MGM investor call. There were also two Bond questions during the Q&A session. MGM executives dodged both but it's very unusual to have specific Bond questions.

    https://hmssweblog.wordpress.com/2019/11/21/mgm-says-no-time-to-die-marketing-gears-up-in-early-2020/

    Very interesting but I guess that's normal PR.

    Regards to the trailer I could care less too. This film has been different then films past I wouldn't be surprised if we get only one at around the Super Bowl in early February and that's it.

    I wouldn't assume NTTD gets a Super Bowl spot. Maybe yes, maybe no. MGM also has a movie coming out around the time of the Super Bowl.

    What film? I guess that's when you think because that's would definitely capitalize on the u.s. market. They had a tv spot for Spectre during the 2015 NBA Finals and like endgame got one last year.
Sign In or Register to comment.