The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    3-1 must be a good result for United. A jump up on the table and a couple of good games ahead, with a fit Martial involved with the goals.

Could have been 7 or 8 for United best performance of the season. Ryan will get 7 FPL points which tells the story

Wow! Haven't checked, but he must've had a lot of saves!
    I am just happy that bringing in Vardy, Jiminez and Martial in the last few weeks has paid off, just shows hits can work

Jiminez injured (knock) so hopefully he will miss the internationals

Nothing serious by the looks of it, I hope?
    Liverpool 2 up already Fabinho and Salah with the goals. Robertson assist for Salah, glad I held onto Salah

Robertson assist isn't good for me in a different league. The guy leading that league has Robertson instead of TAA…

I will take a clean sheet and Sterling blanking as brought in TAA, I will get close to my best FPL score this season or possibly beat it

Don't know what to hope for in this game! With Mané, TAA, De Bruyne and Sterling, I'm kind of hoping for returns from all of them, haha!

Liverpool predictably conceding oh well still a good GW

I forgot to check predicted overall rank before and after Liverpool conceded that goal. Would be interesting to know the difference.

As things stand I have got a good green arrow to 357,461, that's a 600,000 rise this GW for me

That's impressive! Just shows how things can turn quickly at this stage of the season!

I've got a green arrow as well. If Live FPL is correct, I'm at 394,934.

One of our scores is wrong as you should still be top of our league, I used LiveFPL

Two weeks ago I dropped out of the top 1 million, a few more good weeks and could be in top 100,000, there is a clear template at moment so a few differentials will make or break sides I think

We'll know our correct overall ranks soon enough! I think Live FPL had some issues yesterday, so it might be difficult to trust those predictions this gameweek.

Salah is almost a differential amazingly with 18% ownership, assuming thats ownership stat lol

According to the game's site, his ownership is at 27.0%. Where was that 18% stat from?

That's why I said assuming lol was not sure what the percentage was referring to.

I think I will leave my team alone for two weeks now unless a major player gets injured on international duty, there seems to be way too many international breaks
    3-1 must be a good result for United. A jump up on the table and a couple of good games ahead, with a fit Martial involved with the goals.

Could have been 7 or 8 for United best performance of the season. Ryan will get 7 FPL points which tells the story

I am just happy that bringing in Vardy, Jiminez and Martial in the last few weeks has paid off, just shows hits can work

Liverpool 2 up already Fabinho and Salah with the goals. Robertson assist for Salah, glad I held onto Salah

Robertson assist isn't good for me in a different league. The guy leading that league has Robertson instead of TAA…

I will take a clean sheet and Sterling blanking as brought in TAA, I will get close to my best FPL score this season or possibly beat it

Don't know what to hope for in this game! With Mané, TAA, De Bruyne and Sterling, I'm kind of hoping for returns from all of them, haha!

I forgot to check predicted overall rank before and after Liverpool conceded that goal. Would be interesting to know the difference.

As things stand I have got a good green arrow to 357,461, that's a 600,000 rise this GW for me

That's impressive! Just shows how things can turn quickly at this stage of the season!

One of our scores is wrong as you should still be top of our league, I used LiveFPL

Two weeks ago I dropped out of the top 1 million, a few more good weeks and could be in top 100,000, there is a clear template at moment so a few differentials will make or break sides I think

We'll know our correct overall ranks soon enough! I think Live FPL had some issues yesterday, so it might be difficult to trust those predictions this gameweek.

Salah is almost a differential amazingly with 18% ownership, assuming thats ownership stat lol

According to the game's site, his ownership is at 27.0%. Where was that 18% stat from?

That's why I said assuming lol was not sure what the percentage was referring to.

I think I will leave my team alone for two weeks now unless a major player gets injured on international duty, there seems to be way too many international breaks

Didn't see you wrote "assuming" – sorry!

Unless price changes forces a move or two, I will do the same. I will definitely be looking at potential moves, but will try not to hit the transfer button before we have press conferences in the days leading up to next gameweek.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,102

Unless price changes forces a move or two, I will do the same. I will definitely be looking at potential moves, but will try not to hit the transfer button before we have press conferences in the days leading up to next gameweek.

Oh my maths is really bad lol Vardy had 119% then realized it cant be ownership lol

Looking at a few teams online that look too much like mine, I think over the next few GW's there may not be much change in rankings due to a solid short term template, Captian picks will be crucial
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,241

Oh my maths is really bad lol Vardy had 119% then realized it cant be ownership lol

Looking at a few teams online that look too much like mine, I think over the next few GW's there may not be much change in rankings due to a solid short term template, Captian picks will be crucial

Effective ownership given people having him as captain perhaps?

There's definitely a risk for teams getting "too template". The template like teams have been doing well recently, but we might need to look at lesser owned players and nailing captaincies in order to jump up in the rankings. I have no idea which players or teams to look at though!

There's definitely a risk for teams getting "too template". The template like teams have been doing well recently, but we might need to look at lesser owned players and nailing captaincies in order to jump up in the rankings. I have no idea which players or teams to look at though!

Me neither its really down to seeing which players hit form, I am wondering if Pulisic is maybe a better option than Mount though its not a move I can do at the moment. I am also mindful of Liverpool playing in the World Club Cup in December, not sure how that will effect the premiership games at this point, I have noticed a few teams trebling up with Liverpool players, though I guess its still a month away until the World Club Cup

Me neither its really down to seeing which players hit form, I am wondering if Pulisic is maybe a better option than Mount though its not a move I can do at the moment. I am also mindful of Liverpool playing in the World Club Cup in December, not sure how that will effect the premiership games at this point, I have noticed a few teams trebling up with Liverpool players, though I guess its still a month away until the World Club Cup

Pulisic is definitely on my list as well. I need to drop one of Sterling or De Bruyne to bring him in though, and I don't know if I'm that confident in that move. Martial is on my list as well.

Good point re the World Club Cup. I'm toying with the idea of trebling up with Liverpool assets, hoping for returns in the period leading up to their blanks. But there's also other teams with decent runs of fixtures, so instead of a Liverpool trio, a duo (which I already have) and a player from a team I haven't "covered" yet, might be better.

Pulisic is definitely on my list as well. I need to drop one of Sterling or De Bruyne to bring him in though, and I don't know if I'm that confident in that move. Martial is on my list as well.

Good point re the World Club Cup. I'm toying with the idea of trebling up with Liverpool assets, hoping for returns in the period leading up to their blanks. But there's also other teams with decent runs of fixtures, so instead of a Liverpool trio, a duo (which I already have) and a player from a team I haven't "covered" yet, might be better.

If I switched Sterling for KDB I could get Pulisic in for Mount, though I am stubbernly sticking with Sterling I think he will score big points soon. City have Chelsea at home next last season they battered them 6 - 0, I think that game will be a goal fest as both sides can score and concede. Despite just bringing in Tomori I think I will bench him for that game

If I switched Sterling for KDB I could get Pulisic in for Mount, though I am stubbernly sticking with Sterling I think he will score big points soon. City have Chelsea at home next last season they battered them 6 - 0, I think that game will be a goal fest as both sides can score and concede. Despite just bringing in Tomori I think I will bench him for that game

Good point; even though Chelsea look really good right now, that game might be an opportunity for City and Sterling. I *might* stick with a De Bruyne/Sterling double-up, but after having a quick look at potential transfers, I might have to drop one of them. The good thing is that by dropping one City asset, it makes almost any move possible; strengthening the defence with someone like Robertson, upgrading Saka to a Leicester/United/Chelsea midfielder, or upgrading Connolly to someone like Jiménez.

Good point; even though Chelsea look really good right now, that game might be an opportunity for City and Sterling. I *might* stick with a De Bruyne/Sterling double-up, but after having a quick look at potential transfers, I might have to drop one of them. The good thing is that by dropping one City asset, it makes almost any move possible; strengthening the defence with someone like Robertson, upgrading Saka to a Leicester/United/Chelsea midfielder, or upgrading Connolly to someone like Jiménez.

I reluctantly swapped KDB for Martial thankfully it paid off, looking at the last five weeks KDB has not done much since playing deeper. Its tough to keep three premium midfielders for now I have Salah and Sterling, hopefully Martial will out point KDB. Just watched the Man United highlights they did look much better they should have scored six or seven.

I reluctantly swapped KDB for Martial thankfully it paid off, looking at the last five weeks KDB has not done much since playing deeper. Its tough to keep three premium midfielders for now I have Salah and Sterling, hopefully Martial will out point KDB. Just watched the Man United highlights they did look much better they should have scored six or seven.

I worry a bit owning KDB right now, for the reasons you mention. The same could be said of Sterling and his goal involvement. The thing with Sterling of course is that he's an explosive player; suddenly he scores a hat trick, then he has few goals the following gameweeks. KDB usually delivers a steady amount of points. Still, right now I'm leaning towards dropping Sterling, based on points per million. If I can downgrade him to a 7.-something on-form midfielder while using the funds saved to upgrade elsewhere, then that will (hopefully) at least equal Sterling's goal involvement in the run of fixtures after the internationals. Martial might be one to consider for Sterling (or KDB).

I worry a bit owning KDB right now, for the reasons you mention. The same could be said of Sterling and his goal involvement. The thing with Sterling of course is that he's an explosive player; suddenly he scores a hat trick, then he has few goals the following gameweeks. KDB usually delivers a steady amount of points. Still, right now I'm leaning towards dropping Sterling, based on points per million. If I can downgrade him to a 7.-something on-form midfielder while using the funds saved to upgrade elsewhere, then that will (hopefully) at least equal Sterling's goal involvement in the run of fixtures after the internationals. Martial might be one to consider for Sterling (or KDB).

I would fear not having KDB or Sterling so I will always have one of them, the problem being if KDB gets a haul ill want him back in :)) , though I think Pulisic could potentially be the new Hazard he could be in a position to match both those City players or at least prove better value

I would fear not having KDB or Sterling so I will always have one of them, the problem being if KDB gets a haul ill want him back in :)) , though I think Pulisic could potentially be the new Hazard he could be in a position to match both those City players or at least prove better value

Haha, yes – that's the danger of transferring out players as good as KDB and Sterling! :))

If Pulisic nails down that spot in the team, he certainly looks like a must-have. But even as a risky option you can always take the chance that he plays and delivers, then move him on to another midfielder in the same price bracket should he see less playing time.
    Mctominay out for four weeks maybe more

How will that affect United, you think?
    _______

Looks like you won this gameweek, by the way! 83 points!

(Haven't had time to make the gameweek winner post yet, but will do so soon!)

_______

Bad for United as Pogba only just had his cast removed, Ole has not rested Mctominay so the injury does not surprise me. Matic will have to come back in

I noticed Mctominay in a few FPL sides recently

_______

Bad for United as Pogba only just had his cast removed, Ole has not rested Mctominay so the injury does not surprise me. Matic will have to come back in

Didn't know Pogba's injury was so serious that a cast was needed!

I've noticed McTominay in a few teams too. At 5.1 for a side like United, you can understand he's an option for many. Martial is the only United player on my list currently. Rashord and James are too expensive, I feel.

_______

I've noticed McTominay in a few teams too. At 5.1 for a side like United, you can understand he's an option for many. Martial is the only United player on my list currently. Rashord and James are too expensive, I feel.

I have Martial, I agree Rashford is too inconsistent for his price there are better options. I think FPL probably think they have to up some prices simply because its Man United. Man United barring a few players should be bargain basement

_______

I have Martial, I agree Rashford is too inconsistent for his price there are better options. I think FPL probably think they have to up some prices simply because its Man United. Man United barring a few players should be bargain basement

I suspect it's a combination of things; how the teams have performed in the past and where they will traditionally end up on the league table is surely a factor in how the players are priced. With Chelsea it'ss a bit different this season though, with such a young team there are several bargain priced players. The Arsenal players are overpriced as well (Aubameyang and Lacazette aside).

_______

I suspect it's a combination of things; how the teams have performed in the past and where they will traditionally end up on the league table is surely a factor in how the players are priced. With Chelsea it'ss a bit different this season though, with such a young team there are several bargain priced players. The Arsenal players are overpriced as well (Aubameyang and Lacazette aside).

It's funny how player price influences managers regarding starts and captain choices. I try to ignore the prices of players with choosing captain

_______

It's funny how player price influences managers regarding starts and captain choices. I try to ignore the prices of players with choosing captain

I've definitely found myself being influenced by player prices. It automatically feels more of a risk captaining a 7.0 player than a 12.0 player. The price tags comes with an expectation of returns.

_______

I've definitely found myself being influenced by player prices. It automatically feels more of a risk captaining a 7.0 player than a 12.0 player. The price tags comes with an expectation of returns.

Which makes sense as many decisions are based on history, I have stayed away from Aguero this season because of his age and ignored history as I think he is on the decline and his game time is reduced.

_______

Which makes sense as many decisions are based on history, I have stayed away from Aguero this season because of his age and ignored history as I think he is on the decline and his game time is reduced.

Many decisions certainly are!

I don't know about Agüero. He probably isn't as fast as he used to be (?), but he's still a very good player. The fact that he has to share playing time with the (still) up-and-coming Gabriel Jesus, makes him a more risky pick. I haven't owned him this season either, but I won't rule out owning him at some point – especially since City will be desperately trying to close the gap to Liverpool.

_______

I don't know about Agüero. He probably isn't as fast as he used to be (?), but he's still a very good player. The fact that he has to share playing time with the (still) up-and-coming Gabriel Jesus, makes him a more risky pick. I haven't owned him this season either, but I won't rule out owning him at some point – especially since City will be desperately trying to close the gap to Liverpool.

I said to someone a few weeks ago I think Aguero will be a good choice for the run in leading up to the end of the season, Pep will need him the most then I think.

What do you know about Haaland, Man United have been linked with the striker.

_______

I said to someone a few weeks ago I think Aguero will be a good choice for the run in leading up to the end of the season, Pep will need him the most then I think.

Agree, as long as City have a chance getting the title, Agüero will be someone to consider in the run in. A lot will depend on the cheaper options, I think. If they keep equalling or doing better than the premium strikers, then the funds required to bring in Agüero might be better spent elsewhere.

But you also have to consider ownership of players and whatever the "template" team is at any given time. If Agüero becomes a differential, then there's definitely a case to consider him.
    ________

As for Erling Braut Håland: he's the son of former Leeds and Nottingham Forest defender Alf-Inge Håland, and has played for Solskjær already at Molde. He's in great form at the moment, having scored 27 goals in 18 club appearances this season, doing really well in the CL too.

Football journalist Lars Sivertsen describes him like this:
    “He’s got the body of a big centre-half, except he plays up front. The thing that’s remarkable about him is that he’s not slow either.

“He gets about the pitch, he’s quite fluid in his movement. He’s decent with the ball and he’s a decent finisher. He’s got a lot of good ingredients for an absolutely terrifying striker."

Time will tell if he can keep delivering like this, but he's certainly the talking point of Norwegian football at the moment. He's been linked with a lot of clubs, so where he'll end up is difficult to tell. He dreams about winning the PL with Leeds, so I won't be surprised if he ends up there at some point!

_______

Agree, as long as City have a chance getting the title, Agüero will be someone to consider in the run in. A lot will depend on the cheaper options, I think. If they keep equalling or doing better than the premium strikers, then the funds required to bring in Agüero might be better spent elsewhere.

But you also have to consider ownership of players and whatever the "template" team is at any given time. If Agüero becomes a differential, then there's definitely a case to consider him.
    ________

As for Erling Braut Håland: he's the son of former Leeds and Nottingham Forest defender Alf-Inge Håland, and has played for Solskjær already at Molde. He's in great form at the moment, having scored 27 goals in 18 club appearances this season, doing really well in the CL too.

“He’s got the body of a big centre-half, except he plays up front. The thing that’s remarkable about him is that he’s not slow either.

“He gets about the pitch, he’s quite fluid in his movement. He’s decent with the ball and he’s a decent finisher. He’s got a lot of good ingredients for an absolutely terrifying striker."

Time will tell if he can keep delivering like this, but he's certainly the talking point of Norwegian football at the moment. He's been linked with a lot of clubs, so where he'll end up is difficult to tell. He dreams about winning the PL with Leeds, so I won't be surprised if he ends up there at some point!

Apparently Bayern are interested also, United do need another forward. We have been linked with Mandžukić though I think that would be a bad signing, personally I would go for Haaland sounds like he would offer something different to United more of a battering ram type player

_______

________

Apparently Bayern are interested also, United do need another forward. We have been linked with Mandžukić though I think that would be a bad signing, personally I would go for Haaland sounds like he would offer something different to United more of a battering ram type player

I think it depends on how United approaches the transfer market; if they want a "quick fix"/shorter term kind of player, then they will likely go for Mandžukić. Ifthey're investing for the future they will probably try and get someone like Håland. The issue is that Håland will be very expensive.

Edit: I've been writing his name as Håland, as his father's name is written that way – but it looks like he's changed his name to Haaland recently, in order to make his name more easy to use internationally. Strange.

_______

________

I think it depends on how United approaches the transfer market; if they want a "quick fix"/shorter term kind of player, then they will likely go for Mandžukić. Ifthey're investing for the future they will probably try and get someone like Håland. The issue is that Håland will be very expensive.

Edit: I've been writing his name as Håland, as his father's name is written that way – but it looks like he's changed his name to Haaland recently, in order to make his name more easy to use internationally. Strange.

The club keeps peddling this go with youth philosophy so if we got Mandžukić it would be hypocrisy IMO.

My spelling is poor I tend to google names are wrongly rely on spellcheck
    Mohamed Salah injury concern for Liverpool with ankle problem return date unclear
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mohamed-salah-injury-concern-liverpool-20886687.amp
    I missed this news, looks like a hit for me to switch to Mané on the cards

_______

________

The club keeps peddling this go with youth philosophy so if we got Mandžukić it would be hypocrisy IMO.

In Haaland's case you were right with the spelling since he actually changed his name!

I'm not too familiar with United and how they're likely to operate, but if they want to fight for a top four finish and are within reach come tha January window, I'm not surprised if they go for Mandžukić. I highly doubt Haaland will be sold already in January.

Mohamed Salah injury concern for Liverpool with ankle problem return date unclear
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mohamed-salah-injury-concern-liverpool-20886687.amp

Heard some talks about this on TV a few days back. I think there was an image of him wearing a protective boot, so it might be something that keeps him out of play for a few gameweeks. But this is just something we need to keep an eye on. If Salah is unavailable, that might affect Liverpool's attacking threat - and Mané.

_______

________

In Haaland's case you were right with the spelling since he actually changed his name!

I'm not too familiar with United and how they're likely to operate, but if they want to fight for a top four finish and are within reach come tha January window, I'm not surprised if they go for Mandžukić. I highly doubt Haaland will be sold already in January.

Heard some talks about this on TV a few days back. I think there was an image of him wearing a protective boot, so it might be something that keeps him out of play for a few gameweeks. But this is just something we need to keep an eye on. If Salah is unavailable, that might affect Liverpool's attacking threat - and Mané.

For as good as Liverpool are they rely heavily on Salah, they just don't have the depth of City squad. I will likely get Mané in because of fixtures, KDB is the only other player I would consider, Son despite getting some returns is a risk I think.

I may just keep Salah this week and bench him, not keen on taking a hit