No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited October 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Cary Fukunaga has shot THREE different endings for NTTD and only he knows the which will be used in the final cut
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/james-bond-producers-shoot-three-20669181
    So apparently not even Daniel Craig knows what CJF has planned. Fukunaga wants to avoid the climax of the film leaking out. They also filmed a scene last week where a dancefloor gets gassed.

Wonder Woman 1984 trailer is coming early December

Very interesting as the film is due around 7-8 weeks before NTTD. I imagine that NTTD will come out around Thanksgiving.

Also, lots of new cast-members listed on IMDB revealing SPECTRE members:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Interestingly, Iulia Filipovscaia is listed as a 'Russian worker'. With rumours of Porton Down being a location, I can see the Skripal poisoning playing a role................................................

Cary Fukunaga has shot THREE different endings for NTTD and only he knows the which will be used in the final cut
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/james-bond-producers-shoot-three-20669181
    So apparently not even Daniel Craig knows what CJF has planned. Fukunaga wants to avoid the climax of the film leaking out. They also filmed a scene last week where a dancefloor gets gassed.

Very interesting as the film is due around 7-8 weeks before NTTD. I imagine that NTTD will come out around Thanksgiving.

Has the film been delayed yet again?

Three different endings shot and only Cary knows which one will be used. Interesting.
    Personally I'd prefer the script to already have a solid climax and they just shoot that. Hate to rain on the parade, but it sounds like a mess to me, if true.
  • RC7RC7
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Three different endings shot and only Cary knows which one will be used. Interesting.
    Personally I'd prefer the script to already have a solid climax and they just shoot that. Hate to rain on the parade, but it sounds like a mess to me, if true.

Roll with it...
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

The ending is likely that final part of the denouement. In SP: Bond leaving in the DB5; in SF, Bond on top of the headquarters and meeting M; in QoS, Bond leaving in the snow, the necklace on the ground; in CR, the meeting with Mr. White.

From this standpoint, only CJF knows how that final moment will go...and it may have something to do with how Daniel feels about Bond 26.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,043
    Their strategy is to keep this film under wraps, I think if this idea of shooting 3 climaxes is great, I'm sick of having the likes of Blabbermouth Baz ruining things.

It's been quite refreshing not seeing him drop so called scoops on NTTD, I hope he continues to be locked out going forward.

CF wants this film to be a surprise and I think EON wants this as well, the last film was a joke how much of it was public knowledge.

I was 5 in 1977 when I first saw SWLM at the cinema, ever since that I've been a Bond fan 40 years and counting I've been associated with this series.

I remember Bond films back then definitely wanting to appeal to kids. In the UK Bond is an institution, you won't get that anywhere else, he's ours and we are proud of him.

Possibly not so much appealing to kids now but a Bond film is an event here and families will no doubt be seeing it next April.
    TripAces wrote: »

The ending is likely that final part of the denouement. In SP: Bond leaving in the DB5; in SF, Bond on top of the headquarters and meeting M; in QoS, Bond leaving in the snow, the necklace on the ground; in CR, the meeting with Mr. White.

From this standpoint, only CJF knows how that final moment will go...and it may have something to do with how Daniel feels about Bond 26.

As long as one of those ending options is NOT the gunbarrel, and one of them is possibly Daniel and Ana in an orange dingy, then all is right in the world.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

As long as one of those ending options is NOT the gunbarrel then all is right in the world.
    +1

Then again it is possible the ending has been decided already, they just shot three different versions with different pacing/framings.

Walecs wrote: »

As long as one of those ending options is NOT the gunbarrel then all is right in the world.
    +1

Then again it is possible the ending has been decided already, they just shot three different versions with different pacing/framings.

True. Probably no substantial plot differences.

Wasn't there a version of SPY that ended with Jaws being killed? I wonder if that was just a script change or if Lewis Gilbert actually shot that alternate ending? Be interesting to know if that footage exists anywhere.

I imagine the Blu-ray of NTTD could feature the alternate endings as an extra feature.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Three different endings true? Well good! Because for me, secrecy is more important. Use the best one, of course, but let everybody else speculate (which they do a thousand times + anyway). I am trusting Cary to be a good storyteller as he has been in the past, and I'm trusting all the writers on this to make it solid, and Linus to make it stunning and interesting on the screen. I'm happy with this. Looking forward to the first trailer.

Also very much looking forward to Wonder Woman's next film.
    3 different endings sounds silly. Nobody can decide
    Tuck91 wrote: »

I think it's brilliant.
    Wasn't there a version of SPY that ended with Jaws being killed? I wonder if that was just a script change or if Lewis Gilbert actually shot that alternate ending? Be interesting to know if that footage exists anywhere.

They shot a scene for QOS where Bond kills Mr White, but left it out.
    Otherwise Mr White could not have returned in Spectre.
    Interesting. Reminds me of how the original QOS ending had Bond killing Mr. White and introducing himself to Guy Haines.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Again, there you go making bold statements while having no tangible insight on the process of making movies. Many movies shoot multiple endings, both to keep options open and to throw off leaks.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Three different endings? Reminds me of Halloween: Resurrection.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Minion wrote: »
    Again, there you go making bold statements while having no tangible insight on the process of making movies. Many movies shoot multiple endings, both to keep options open and to throw off leaks.

Indeed. Eight different endings have been filmed for Episode IX, for once.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 1,165

”...except for director Cary Fukunaga who wants to ensure that it isn't leaked by the cast or crew.

Case in point. Thanks for the backup, @Walecs! I swear, we have some usual suspects here who are just looking for any chance to complain.

I made a casual comment and stated my opinion

I said it sounds silly not that it will be. Don’t see anything too bold there.

No time to die must be a masterpiece nobody can take a dose of criticism
    There’s a difference between informed and uninformed criticism. When you say, “Three endings??? Crazy, NO ONE could decide with that many choices!” it makes you sound prone to hyperbole, which just riles people up over falsehoods.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    The thing is @Minion, if someone like Nolan or Feige had three endings for Tenet or Avengers they'd be praised and people would be excited, Fukunaga apparently has 3 endings, it's silly and another delay is coming...
    edited October 2019 Posts: 1,165
    Oh, of course, @Denbigh! If only Barabara Broccoli had the foresight to hire the Great Christopher Nolan as the director of NTTD, then he could film all the endings he wants to. That’s just how confident he is. :)

Nope
    I happen to like Cary, his interaction with fans, and from what little we’ve seen I think he’ll do an amazing job with what he has to work with. I’ve said this numerous times.

Nolan wouldn’t likely put up with Eon and What I consider their less than stellar way they communicate/do business.

Nolan won’t do bond for a long time if ever, if I had to guess

Oh, of course, @Denbigh! If only Barabara Broccoli had the foresight to hire the Great Christopher Nolan as the director of NTTD, then he could film all the endings he wants to. That’s just how confident he is. :)

I hope that guy never gets anywhere near Bond.
    Jan1985 wrote: »

They shot a scene for QOS where Bond kills Mr White, but left it out.
    Otherwise Mr White could not have returned in Spectre.

I'd love to see that.

I read somewhere there was also a scene filmed, or perhaps a couple scenes shot that included the "Bond, James Bond" line. However it was considered too forced and was cut.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Nope
    I happen to like Cary, his interaction with fans, and from what little we’ve seen I think he’ll do an amazing job with what he has to work with. I’ve said this numerous times.

Nolan wouldn’t likely put up with Eon and What I consider their less than stellar way they communicate/do business.

Nolan won’t do bond for a long time if ever, if I had to guess
    Well @Tuck91, I agree that Cary's interactions and potential are great but to refer to EON as "put up with" is greatly unfair to what they've managed to achieve. Remember it's them at the end of the day that helped bring Fukunaga onto the project. Producers are just as important to a film as the director and writers...

...yes, for better or worse, but that just means we'll have a lot of people to thank if No Time to Die is a success, because of it would just prove that this "less than stellar way" works. But obviously, as you say, it's your opinion but it can just feel wholey negative without a chance for any positivity. I personally believe this whole 3 endings thing creates a lot of creative freedom for Cary, which is how I'd imagine he likes to work, and it doesn't seem like EON are stopping him, which can only be good in my eyes :)
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    edited October 2019 Posts: 231
    Perhaps there's some spoilers that they just don't want getting out - like major ones - remember Naomie Harris saaid there were some shocks in this one.
    Don't get me wrong - I hate spoilers. But watching Mendes trying to suppress the bleedin' obvious went against the whole Spectre marketing campaign in my view. Trying to watch him cover his tracks with Christoph Waltz "no the character is called Oberhauser" was nauseating. I hope they don't fall into a similar trap with NTTD.

As for having three endings - did anyone say "test audience"?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @Satorious Although this time we actually have no real idea of what's happening in this film, so they won't have to do much, we knew as soon as Andrew Scott and Christoph Waltz were cast what the "surprises" were :/ As for test audiences, I'm not sure. I think the final choice on the ending, if this is true, will be up to Fukunaga in the edit...
  • Interesting. Could it be possible they use all three endings as part of test screening in order to see which one the audience reacts to best?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Or maybe, probably, he has a clear vision of what he wants and is simply using a bit of misdirection. Too many chicken littles here thinking that this is an indication of indecision.
    I think they should insert all three endings of NTTD in a comical fashion like the 1985 murder mystery board-game classic CLUE.

Perhaps have endings A, B and C in played in different cinemas? That way it increases audience attendance by having to go at least 3 times to see all endings.

When the Blu-ray comes out, include all three endings.

Nah. Never mind.