Official NTTD Poster Thread

Comments

• While it doesn't look as glossy as previous teaser posters, it does nevertheless make me want to know more.
    His eyes almost match the colour of the wall behind him! ;)
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,665
    Thanks, but the ideas are endless guys. Take this one, for example: an almost only silhouetted Bond cut by the horizontal wooden shades of that house in Jamaica, with his speargun in hand. And the title. Just that, nothing more. Way cooler, right? Something for the ages. Not this cr*p.
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    Some will defend it just because it's Bond and something new - yeah - it's just a teaser poster - but this is *so* underwhelming. Cheap, rushed, poor - extremely disappointing!
    It's just missing a certain stylisation that even the SP one had...something like this even

EGHdqddWkAEGgoc?format=jpg&name=large

Basically not just an untouched stull.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Satorious wrote: »
    Some will defend it just because it's Bond and something new - yeah - it's just a teaser poster - but this is *so* underwhelming. Cheap, rushed, poor - extremely disappointing!
    Or maybe they actually like it?
    Univex wrote: »
    A simple photo of a desk in Jamaica with a speargun lying on top of some papers, old Aston Martin keys, or something, and the title would've been a better teaser poster, that's for sure.

Yeah just like that. Nice job!
    Thanks, but the ideas are endless guys. Take this one, for example: an almost only silhouetted Bond cut by the horizontal wooden shades of that house in Jamaica, with his speargun in hand. And the title. Just that, nothing more. Way cooler, right? Something for the ages. Not this cr*p.

That would have looked awesome. Especially with the font of No Time To Die which has lines cut through it just like those shades. I'm thinking when the film does come out, we should revisit some alternative options for posters.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I do love this new poster but would’ve loved if one of my old designs was chosen haha :D
    6oufuwta73i31.jpg
    @Denbigh, your posters were far superior than what he got.
    I just got sent a picture of the poster with Craig aged to about 100 years old. Geez they made him look like current day Lazenby. Probably a satire of how he is looking older in the poster to people.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I do love this new poster but would’ve loved if one of my old designs was chosen haha :D
    6oufuwta73i31.jpg

Far better.
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Or maybe they actually like it?
    Well of course, even if I'd question their sense of taste/style. This looks like something I could have knocked up in 15mins as an after-thought and I suspect I'm a lot cheaper than whoever produced this. There is absolutely nothing to excite or tease in this image. The speargun desk is already a far more enticing idea.
    Is Bond nipping out for a kebab after a party ?! He might as well be x bloody hell.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    A simple photo of a desk in Jamaica with a speargun lying on top of some papers, old Aston Martin keys, or something, and the title would've been a better teaser poster, that's for sure.
    Cool idea.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Cool idea.

And a very simple one. They've could thought about that pronto while in Jamaica. I now I did back then.

Thanks to all you guys who liked the idea. Makes me even more sadder that they didn't go for a thing like that.

I'm a big Greg Williams fan, and I have all of his books. The stylised photo from SF with Bond with the shotgun by the DB5 was a way better poster for SF back then, and they didn't use it. Now they though of using one of Greg's photos and they chose this one?!?

41MUhYcsbdL._UY250_.jpg

Let's hope the teaser trailer is something less generic.

Hell they could have referenced Fleming's original desk at GoldenEye

Ian-Fleming-at-GoldenEye.jpg

• edited October 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Malek better not be
    Dr No
    or it is an insult to the original film and gives the new actor in B26 no chance to succeed.....it will be a poisoned chalice of a job.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Hell they could have referenced Fleming's original desk at GoldenEye

Ian-Fleming-at-GoldenEye.jpg

I can see it now with the room warmly lit in a sepia tone , and in the background through, an open window. the Caribbean providing shock of vibrant turquoise
    They had that house they've built for Bond in Jamaica. It had a desk with a cool lamp and lot's of boxes with papers and stuff. That'd be iconic. Of course using Fleming's desk would've been a dream.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,241
    They had that house they've built for Bond in Jamaica. It had a desk with a cool lamp and lot's of boxes with papers and stuff. That'd be iconic. Of course using Fleming's desk would've been a dream.

Off topic, but I look forward to that sequence. Liked the look if that little house and the surroundings.

Off topic, but I look forward to that sequence. Liked the look if that little house and the surroundings.

Me too. That sequence for me is one that I'm anticipating the most.

I cannot wait for that sequence either. Do you think they would go as far as having Bond writing in the film?
  • Crap. Possibly the worst one we've had yet. Even for a teaser poster it's dire. Remember "There is no substitute"? Or the Chopping esque gun in the ice shot for DAD? Or the brilliant CR teaser of Craig at the poker table? Even the QoS, SF and SP first posters, as boring as they are, are better than this. If it weren't for Daniel Craig it'd look more like a shot from a menswear catalogue than a poster for the new Bond film. Just awful.

It's funny really because I genuinely have really high hopes for the film, but I've hated almost everything official they've released so far. Hated the title. Hate this poster. Wasn't even that keen on the publicity shot of Craig with the V8 because I see that as Dalton's car and am still a bit annoyed that they bought it back.

I do still think it'll be a good film but so far nothing they've released has been very good imo. Hope the trailer is better.

I'm hoping that Fukunaga and Sandgren don't hold back on the colours in that sequence. It's a sequence that screams for some vivid and lively colours (remember that sunset?), and I hope the rest of the marketing campaign will introduce some colours too. Unfortunately this first teaser doesn't really do that.

I cannot wait for that sequence either. Do you think they would go as far as having Bond writing in the film?

Now that would be interesting. But what will he be writing?
  • RC7RC7
    edited October 2019 Posts: 10,512
    talos7 wrote: »

Yes!

But then your average Joe doesn’t immediately know it’s Bond. This is marketing for a massive mainstream movie at the end of the day. Something that you catch out of the corner of your eye and know is Bond without hesitation.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I'm hoping that Fukunaga and Sandgren don't hold back on the colours in that sequence. It's a sequence that screams for some vivid and lively colours (remember that sunset?), and I hope the rest of the marketing campaign will introduce some colours too. Unfortunately this first teaser doesn't really do that.

A combat manual.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Overall we should see this as poster 2 after title poster.

First two i must think about is writing on the wall and last rat standing. In my opnion his ears and face looks like on a rat who looks or there is danger.

A combat manual.

Hah, maybe!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I have to say, I don't mind it. I like that it's simple.
    It's no worse than these two...
    85tq56swfwy0.jpg

Or

ydwt1sv40ihd.jpg

Neither of which show Bond as he appears in the above films.
    Maybe this will be the case with NTTD?
    I think Craig looks fine, I like his expression, and his hair is reminiscent of CR.
    It's doing what it's supposed to do...teasing.
    We've all been waiting for a poster...a trailer...something for JBD, we've got a poster.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2019 Posts: 14,861
    Is this actually a poster or just for online or something? The photo just isn’t good enough... I’m a bit confused by this. The earlier bonus image of him walking in front of the Vantage was much better, as were the fan efforts posted above (and I never say that, but in this case it’s actually true).
    It doesn’t feel like a piece of graphic design: it’s just a title slapped onto a snap.
    The Spectre one in the post above this one is so much better and, well, more professional it just doesn’t really compare. How has this happened?

I will end on saying something nice, and that will be that the blue wall is good, works well with the gold and his eyes. It will, I guess, stand out in a cinema foyer.