No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

13453463483503511213

Comments

  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Posts: 4,684
    Heavy From Russia with Love vibes :)
  • Univex wrote: »
    Wow, so she won't die. She gets sent away? Or they both enter the train?

    Well ... train tracks can be dangerous! But no I don't think she dies in Matera.
  • Posts: 1,298
    Univex wrote: »
    Wow, so she won't die. She gets sent away? Or they both enter the train?

    I suspect, having wiped out the opposition during the car chase, Bond sends Madeleine away so she's can live a safe life without him. Although there is a question as to whether he would leave her alone and unprotected, unless he has a smart plan to keep her safe.

  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,054
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Wow, so she won't die. She gets sent away? Or they both enter the train?

    I suspect, having wiped out the opposition during the car chase, Bond sends Madeleine away so she's can live a safe life without him. Although there is a question as to whether he would leave her alone and unprotected, unless he has a smart plan to keep her safe.

    Given PWB contribution and current times etc etc, I think she'll just "leave" him, not in anger or delusion, they just both know that with him she will always be in danger. She will be portrayed as a woman who doesn't need Bond's help in order to make it. Which is fine.

    But now the question is... why Bond doesn't come back to work?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 9,091
    Bounine wrote: »
    That blue jacket Craig is wearing in Italy is quite possibly the ugliest jacket I have ever seen. What the hell are they thinking? I would have had Craig dressed in the same digs Dalton was in, in The Living Daylights, when he tailed Whittaker to the hotel...not, however, the 80’s jacket he wore later on in Tangier. :) I know that this was the fashion but this isn’t Bond.

    I think it’s very nice actually.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,972
    It looks as though Bond puts Madeleine on the train after the Matera chase.........

    riprese-007.jpg
    riprese-007-3.jpg

    Pics source?
  • Contraband wrote: »
    It looks as though Bond puts Madeleine on the train after the Matera chase.........

    riprese-007.jpg
    riprese-007-3.jpg

    Pics source?

    https://www.ondanews.it/lattore-internazionale-daniel-craig-a-sapri-per-le-riprese-di-007-no-time-to-die/
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,054
    Contraband wrote: »
    It looks as though Bond puts Madeleine on the train after the Matera chase.........

    riprese-007.jpg
    riprese-007-3.jpg

    Pics source?

    https://www.ondanews.it/lattore-internazionale-daniel-craig-a-sapri-per-le-riprese-di-007-no-time-to-die/

    The article says that after those two-days at the station, filming will move again by the coastline. So they are not goin to wrap filming in Italy tomorrow, it seems.
  • mtm wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »
    That blue jacket Craig is wearing in Italy is quite possibly the ugliest jacket I have ever seen. What the hell are they thinking? I would have had Craig dressed in the same digs Dalton was in, in The Living Daylights, when he tailed Whittaker to the hotel...not, however, the 80’s jacket he wore later on in Tangier. :) I know that this was the fashion but this isn’t Bond.

    I think it’s very nice actually.

    +1
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    edited September 2019 Posts: 323
    matt_u wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    It looks as though Bond puts Madeleine on the train after the Matera chase.........

    riprese-007.jpg
    riprese-007-3.jpg

    Pics source?

    https://www.ondanews.it/lattore-internazionale-daniel-craig-a-sapri-per-le-riprese-di-007-no-time-to-die/

    The article says that after those two-days at the station, filming will move again by the coastline. So they are not goin to wrap filming in Italy tomorrow, it seems.

    Probably they change schedule because of weather. They need sunny day for beach scenes ant production team decided to not sit and wait, but rather shoot scenes in the town. And, of course, they definitely have an agreement about rent of the train to shoot scenes ant they can't change days for filming on train station because of that.
  • Posts: 1,298
    matt_u wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Wow, so she won't die. She gets sent away? Or they both enter the train?

    I suspect, having wiped out the opposition during the car chase, Bond sends Madeleine away so she's can live a safe life without him. Although there is a question as to whether he would leave her alone and unprotected, unless he has a smart plan to keep her safe.

    Given PWB contribution and current times etc etc, I think she'll just "leave" him, not in anger or delusion, they just both know that with him she will always be in danger. She will be portrayed as a woman who doesn't need Bond's help in order to make it. Which is fine.

    But now the question is... why Bond doesn't come back to work?

    Yes, there are a number of questions. I see Madeleine fearing for her life if she stays with Bond - this was set-up in SP - and I suspect Bond feels she is right to be scared. Hence they choose to go their separate ways. And perhaps this loss, and coming directly off Bond's final respects/farewell to Vesper (which goes badly wrong) just leaves him lost, unable to continue his life with Mi6, but unable to find stability and peace with any woman he loves. So he seeks solitude in Jamaica.

  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Posts: 323
    If trailer is out tomorrow, maybe we'll get poster today...
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,054
    Pavlo wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    It looks as though Bond puts Madeleine on the train after the Matera chase.........

    riprese-007.jpg
    riprese-007-3.jpg

    Pics source?

    https://www.ondanews.it/lattore-internazionale-daniel-craig-a-sapri-per-le-riprese-di-007-no-time-to-die/

    The article says that after those two-days at the station, filming will move again by the coastline. So they are not goin to wrap filming in Italy tomorrow, it seems.

    Probably they change schedule because of weather. They need sunny day for beach scenes ant production team decided to not sit and wait, but rather shoot scenes in the town. And, of course, they definitely have an agreement about rent of the train to shoot scenes ant they can't change days for filming on train station because of that.

    Yes. I'm pretty sure Cary and Linus would keep on chase sunsets and sunrises and, hopefully, the one at the Arcomagno will be the greatest of all.

    To lose such a location would be too much of a disappointment.





  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Posts: 323
    matt_u wrote: »
    Pavlo wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    It looks as though Bond puts Madeleine on the train after the Matera chase.........

    riprese-007.jpg
    riprese-007-3.jpg

    Pics source?

    https://www.ondanews.it/lattore-internazionale-daniel-craig-a-sapri-per-le-riprese-di-007-no-time-to-die/

    The article says that after those two-days at the station, filming will move again by the coastline. So they are not goin to wrap filming in Italy tomorrow, it seems.

    Probably they change schedule because of weather. They need sunny day for beach scenes ant production team decided to not sit and wait, but rather shoot scenes in the town. And, of course, they definitely have an agreement about rent of the train to shoot scenes ant they can't change days for filming on train station because of that.

    Yes. I'm pretty sure Cary and Linus would keep on chase sunsets and sunrises and, hopefully, the one at the Arcomagno will be the greatest of all.

    To lose such a location would be too much of a disappointment.




    Sunsets and downs, knowing that Cary was extremely focused on them, must be gorgeous in NTTD. Especially knowing that they were shot on IMAX with beautiful Jamaican and Italian landscapes.
  • matt_u wrote: »
    Pavlo wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    It looks as though Bond puts Madeleine on the train after the Matera chase.........

    riprese-007.jpg
    riprese-007-3.jpg

    Pics source?

    https://www.ondanews.it/lattore-internazionale-daniel-craig-a-sapri-per-le-riprese-di-007-no-time-to-die/

    The article says that after those two-days at the station, filming will move again by the coastline. So they are not goin to wrap filming in Italy tomorrow, it seems.

    Probably they change schedule because of weather. They need sunny day for beach scenes ant production team decided to not sit and wait, but rather shoot scenes in the town. And, of course, they definitely have an agreement about rent of the train to shoot scenes ant they can't change days for filming on train station because of that.

    Yes. I'm pretty sure Cary and Linus would keep on chase sunsets and sunrises and, hopefully, the one at the Arcomagno will be the greatest of all.

    To lose such a location would be too much of a disappointment.





    Dear lord. Have we confirmed they're shooting in that exact lagoon/spot? Can't imagine a more Bondian location.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Posts: 323
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Pavlo wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    It looks as though Bond puts Madeleine on the train after the Matera chase.........

    riprese-007.jpg
    riprese-007-3.jpg

    Pics source?

    https://www.ondanews.it/lattore-internazionale-daniel-craig-a-sapri-per-le-riprese-di-007-no-time-to-die/

    The article says that after those two-days at the station, filming will move again by the coastline. So they are not goin to wrap filming in Italy tomorrow, it seems.

    Probably they change schedule because of weather. They need sunny day for beach scenes ant production team decided to not sit and wait, but rather shoot scenes in the town. And, of course, they definitely have an agreement about rent of the train to shoot scenes ant they can't change days for filming on train station because of that.

    Yes. I'm pretty sure Cary and Linus would keep on chase sunsets and sunrises and, hopefully, the one at the Arcomagno will be the greatest of all.

    To lose such a location would be too much of a disappointment.





    Dear lord. Have we confirmed they're shooting in that exact lagoon/spot? Can't imagine a more Bondian location.

    Italian local press confirms that this lagoon in shooting location for NTTD.
  • Pavlo wrote: »
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Pavlo wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    It looks as though Bond puts Madeleine on the train after the Matera chase.........

    riprese-007.jpg
    riprese-007-3.jpg

    Pics source?

    https://www.ondanews.it/lattore-internazionale-daniel-craig-a-sapri-per-le-riprese-di-007-no-time-to-die/

    The article says that after those two-days at the station, filming will move again by the coastline. So they are not goin to wrap filming in Italy tomorrow, it seems.

    Probably they change schedule because of weather. They need sunny day for beach scenes ant production team decided to not sit and wait, but rather shoot scenes in the town. And, of course, they definitely have an agreement about rent of the train to shoot scenes ant they can't change days for filming on train station because of that.

    Yes. I'm pretty sure Cary and Linus would keep on chase sunsets and sunrises and, hopefully, the one at the Arcomagno will be the greatest of all.

    To lose such a location would be too much of a disappointment.





    Dear lord. Have we confirmed they're shooting in that exact lagoon/spot? Can't imagine a more Bondian location.

    Italian local press confirms that this lagoon in shooting location for NTTD.

    Awesome. Positively epic YOLT vibes from those two photos alone.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,054
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Pavlo wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    It looks as though Bond puts Madeleine on the train after the Matera chase.........

    riprese-007.jpg
    riprese-007-3.jpg

    Pics source?

    https://www.ondanews.it/lattore-internazionale-daniel-craig-a-sapri-per-le-riprese-di-007-no-time-to-die/

    The article says that after those two-days at the station, filming will move again by the coastline. So they are not goin to wrap filming in Italy tomorrow, it seems.

    Probably they change schedule because of weather. They need sunny day for beach scenes ant production team decided to not sit and wait, but rather shoot scenes in the town. And, of course, they definitely have an agreement about rent of the train to shoot scenes ant they can't change days for filming on train station because of that.

    Yes. I'm pretty sure Cary and Linus would keep on chase sunsets and sunrises and, hopefully, the one at the Arcomagno will be the greatest of all.

    To lose such a location would be too much of a disappointment.





    Dear lord. Have we confirmed they're shooting in that exact lagoon/spot? Can't imagine a more Bondian location.

    Yes, filming was 100% confirmed for yesterday, today and tomorrow at this exact spot, but given the bad weather and the rough sea, it was (hopefully) just post-poned because they weren't able to build the piers required for filming. I just hope filming will eventually take place there, because like you said this beach in Calabria screams Bond. Plus, Cubby's parents were born in Calabria a few hours from this beach, so it would be even more awesome to feature the Arcomagno for Craig's last.

    I still believe this location would serve for the very last shot of the film, but this is just speculation from my part.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,972
    Very revealing footage. AM racing in and stops outside train station. Bond getting out, and takes out Swann from the car, grabs her almost and into the station building.



    This is clearly part of the chase somehow.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 4,054
    The end of the chase, pretty much.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,569
    Contraband wrote: »
    Very revealing footage. AM racing in and stops outside train station. Bond getting out, and takes out Swann from the car, grabs her almost and into the station building.



    This is clearly part of the chase somehow.
    Interesting footage.

    Did they film this with a toaster?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,972
    jake24 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Very revealing footage. AM racing in and stops outside train station. Bond getting out, and takes out Swann from the car, grabs her almost and into the station building.



    This is clearly part of the chase somehow.
    Interesting footage.

    Did they film this with a toaster?

    That cameraman should be dragged after the train.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,972
    Pretty cool using the stunt-driver, cars stops, camera slides to the left, and in comes Daniel Craig running, grabs Swann. All in one take and angle.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,972
    @matt_u You're on again:



  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2019 Posts: 4,054
    Contraband wrote: »
    @matt_u You're on again:



    Haha. Okay, nothing really new. They keep on saying that Matera will be the opening of the film (even tho we know the frozen lake comes first) and after that they will move to Campania (Sapri) and Calabria (Arcomagno).

    Craig seemed quite pleased with the food, looks like he will come back to Matera with the family for holidays. :D
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    edited September 2019 Posts: 431
    Contraband wrote: »
    Very revealing footage. AM racing in and stops outside train station. Bond getting out, and takes out Swann from the car, grabs her almost and into the station building.



    This is clearly part of the chase somehow.

    I think Italy will be the prime location for 75% of the film. There will be important intermediate scenes in Norway, Jamaica, UK, but to me this feels like the early Connery-films. Especially FRWL/DN with a dash of CR. With that I mean Italy will be even more important than in all previous Craig-outings, plot-wise. The reason we see both the DB5 and V8 Vantage is probably because they will be two separate plot parts.

    What I also love about how Cary films? He makes it look realistic and real, not like a 'car ballet' without spectators (Sam Mendes) or stupid talk about 'fire, water, ice, earth' being 'pivotal inspirational forces'. He puts the script center-stage and wants, like in True Detective, to make it feel realistic, with both as many spectators and as many ordinary cars blocking the way for Bond as possible. I just love his improvisational, hands-on style of filming.

    Makes me happy :-).
  • Posts: 12,280
    matt_u wrote: »
    Pavlo wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    It looks as though Bond puts Madeleine on the train after the Matera chase.........

    riprese-007.jpg
    riprese-007-3.jpg

    Pics source?

    https://www.ondanews.it/lattore-internazionale-daniel-craig-a-sapri-per-le-riprese-di-007-no-time-to-die/

    The article says that after those two-days at the station, filming will move again by the coastline. So they are not goin to wrap filming in Italy tomorrow, it seems.

    Probably they change schedule because of weather. They need sunny day for beach scenes ant production team decided to not sit and wait, but rather shoot scenes in the town. And, of course, they definitely have an agreement about rent of the train to shoot scenes ant they can't change days for filming on train station because of that.

    Yes. I'm pretty sure Cary and Linus would keep on chase sunsets and sunrises and, hopefully, the one at the Arcomagno will be the greatest of all.

    To lose such a location would be too much of a disappointment.





    These 2 photographs of the lagoon are simply stunning! :-O :-bd
  • Posts: 4,619
    The great Academy Award winner and two-time Bond director Sam Mendes helping out newbie Cary Fukunaga: :)) :))

    Q0ilV8C.png
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 791
    The great Academy Award winner and two-time Bond director Sam Mendes helping out newbie Cary Fukunaga: :)) :))

    Q0ilV8C.png

    Jim-From-Office-Shiver.gif









    (Disclaimer: Skyfall is a masterpiece, loved the very-underrated/appreciated SPECTRE, just couldn't pass up the chance for that GIF).
  • Posts: 151
    I think Italy will be the prime location for 75% of the film. There will be important intermediate scenes in Norway, Jamaica, UK, but to me this feels like the early Connery-films. Especially FRWL/DN with a dash of CR. With that I mean Italy will be even more important than in all previous Craig-outings, plot-wise. The reason we see both the DB5 and V8 Vantage is probably because they will be two separate plot parts.

    It feels like they have been filming in Italy for a long time, but it is only 4-5 weeks, and that only really translates to about 25 minutes, out of what will be likely a 2h 20min film. We know Matera is scene 17 or 18 to 50-something. That is about 38 scenes, which is about 26 minutes of screen time. A week of filming produces about 5 minutes of screen time, so the Matera love scenes and chase are going to be about 25 minutes maximum.

    It's very likely that other parts of Italy are doubling for somewhere else. I think Norway, which may actually be Russia considering the car number plates we've seen, will be the third act, so that is 20-30 minutes, and Jamaica will simply be a few minutes when Leiter goes to find Bond after Matera. Cuba will probably take up more time as we know they filmed in Pinewood for Cuba, as well as Jamaica. I think it was 3 weeks in total filming in Jamaica? Then you have the London filming.
Sign In or Register to comment.