NTTD: The Clapperboard thread

1246710

Comments

  • RC7RC7
    Posts: 10,388
    Matera is clearly between the 30s and 50s. It isn’t the PTS. I think we should get used to that.
  • RC7 wrote: »
    Matera is clearly between the 30s and 50s. It isn’t the PTS. I think we should get used to that.

    You're 100% right. (*Though the first Matera clapperboard does say scene 20)

    Look at this clapperboard from SP's PTS:
    glT6yGJ.jpg

    Or these clapperboards from SF's PTS:

    20120516-002150.jpg
    Filming-of-Skyfall-continues-in-the-beautiful-city-of-Istanbul-450x450.jpg

    However, the counter-argument is that two very reliable sources (MI6-HQ and Variety) have both confirmed that Matera would be the PTS.

    These Matera scenes take place immediately after the titles. I'm certain that we will spend a considerable amount of time with Bond and Madeleine before she we head to Jamaica.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,075
    RC7 wrote: »
    Matera is clearly between the 30s and 50s. It isn’t the PTS. I think we should get used to that.

    You're 100% right. (*Though the first Matera clapperboard does say scene 20)

    Look at this clapperboard from SP's PTS:
    glT6yGJ.jpg

    Or these clapperboards from SF's PTS:

    20120516-002150.jpg
    Filming-of-Skyfall-continues-in-the-beautiful-city-of-Istanbul-450x450.jpg

    However, the counter-argument is that two very reliable sources (MI6-HQ and Variety) have both confirmed that Matera would be the PTS.

    These Matera scenes take place immediately after the titles. I'm certain that we will spend a considerable amount of time with Bond and Madeleine before she we head to Jamaica.
    Agreed, which is why I believe the first 30-40 mins of NTTD will take place a few years in the past, before we fast forward to the present in Jamaica.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 2,752
    the first Matera clapperboard does say scene 20.
    Which one is that?
    jake24 wrote: »
    which is why I believe the first 30-40 mins of NTTD will take place a few years in the past, before we fast forward to the present in Jamaica.
    "In NO TIME TO DIE, Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. "

    He isn't retiring almost halfway into the movie.I find that hard to believe.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,075
    Zekidk wrote: »
    the first Matera clapperboard does say scene 20.
    Which one is that?
    jake24 wrote: »
    which is why I believe the first 30-40 mins of NTTD will take place a few years in the past, before we fast forward to the present in Jamaica.
    "In NO TIME TO DIE, Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. "

    He isn't retiring almost halfway into the movie.I find that hard to believe.
    He wouldn't be retiring half way through the movie. When we first see him in Jamaica, he would've already been retired for 4-5 years. In fact I don't think Bond will be reinstated to the service until right before the third act.
  • Posts: 2,752
    Remember his cuts and bruises when they were filming in London?

    15045072-7163845-image-a-1_1561048633470.jpg

    They most likely came from this:
    1177990.jpg

    But in Jamaica? Not a scratch on him:

    bond-25-shooting3.jpg

    Hence, the Jamaica scenes are taking place, before Matera.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 3,639
    Zekidk wrote: »
    the first Matera clapperboard does say scene 20.
    Which one is that?
    jake24 wrote: »
    which is why I believe the first 30-40 mins of NTTD will take place a few years in the past, before we fast forward to the present in Jamaica.
    "In NO TIME TO DIE, Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. "

    He isn't retiring almost halfway into the movie.I find that hard to believe.

    You're focussing on the wrong point. The official synopsis is only trying to give you a vague understanding of the overall plot. It isn't trying to explain the first 20 mins of the film to you.

    We know that early scenes start in Norway (scene 15) then seemingly go to Matera (scenes 20 to 50) then Jamaica (scenes 70) and then Cuba (scene 108) then London (scene 130). Currently, we have little idea about Norway or anything else.

    It's likely that we will see the reason why Bond isn't on active service when we catch up with him in Jamaica.

    Though the scenes don't match up with typical clapperboard numbering from previous films. Which either means Matera isn't the PTS or the structure of the story will be different.

    I suspect we may not get a PTS and instead go straight into the main-titles after the GB. Much like DN.

  • jake24 wrote: »
    Agreed, which is why I believe the first 30-40 mins of NTTD will take place a few years in the past, before we fast forward to the present in Jamaica.

    No, that must be wrong because during the Live Reveal Barbara Broccoli says, "Bond is not on active service when we start the film, so he is actually enjoying himself in Jamaica." You can see her say it just after 6mins into the Reveal.

    So, we are expected to believe that we have 10mins of PTS, then the Norway scenes, then we see Bond in Jamaica, and Leiter turns up, then we see from the Fukunaga BTS video that Lashana Lynch also turns up in Jamaica, and after all that, we have scene 34, which we saw on a Matera clapperboard, which would be about 26 minutes into the film, sees Bond being chased through Matera, despite the fact that the official synopsis says Bond is supposed to be helping Leiter find a kidnapped scientist. Explain that one.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 2,752
    The big question is: why is he in Matera with Swann visiting Vespers grave around 30 minutes into the movie, when we know that he tried to seduce Lynch earlier in Jamaica?

    I think the PTS will be intercut between Jamaica and Norway. And maybe the whole Matera-sequence is a flashback.
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    The big question is: why is he in Matera with Swann visiting Vespers grave around 30 minutes into the movie, when we know that he tried to seduce Lynch earlier in Jamaica?

    I think the PTS will be intercut between Jamaica and Norway. And maybe the whole Matera-sequence is a flashback.

    But we know they are in Jamaica 54 minutes into the film, scene 78. Unless that clapperboard, while in Jamaica, was doubling for Cuba. I can't see how cutting between Norway and Jamaica would work, where's the connection? Maybe the PTS is Bond's life in Jamaica? Maybe the PTS ends with Leiter offering Bond the mission?
  • Posts: 2,752
    Someone wrote: »
    scene 78. Unless that clapperboard, while in Jamaica, was doubling for Cuba.
    It was. While filming in Port Antonio - scene 78 - they specifically were looking for "cuban looking extras."
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    The big question is: why is he in Matera with Swann visiting Vespers grave around 30 minutes into the movie, when we know that he tried to seduce Lynch earlier in Jamaica?

    I think the PTS will be intercut between Jamaica and Norway. And maybe the whole Matera-sequence is a flashback.

    Dude. You're not listening.

    The Jamaica scenes take place AFTER the Matera scenes. I understand that Broccoli said the film starts in Jamaica - but she likely means the 'story' (i.e; the mission to save the scientist) starts there. In the context of the actual film, we will see the reason why Bond decided to retire.

    The reason why Broccoli didn't reveal this is obvious. There's an evident spoiler she's trying to avoid revealing. For example, here is SF's official synopsis from the press launch:

    Bond's loyalty to M is tested to the full as her past comes back to haunt her. As MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.

    At no point does it mention that Bond suffers a fatal injury and spends three months in hiding before his loyalty to M is tested.

    Here is SP's:

    A cryptic message from Bond's past sends him on a trail to uncover a sinister organisation. While M battles political forces to keep the secret service alive, Bond peels back the layers of deceit to reveal the terrible truth behind SPECTRE.

    It doesn't mention that Bond follows a lead in Mexico who reveals he has to go to Italy for a funeral, however, he is suspended from MI6.

    Eon are only giving you enough information to get you intrigued. They aren't giving you the entire set-up of the film at the press launch.

    Plus...
    You aren't asking the question why Bond is off active service. I mean, one minute he's with Swann in earlier scenes (according to the clapperboards) and when he arrives in later scenes in Jamaica she is nowhere to be seen. I mean, you can do the math......surely?

    Bond is off active service as he is mourning the death of Madeleine Swann. The film will show us her demise.
  • Posts: 2,752
    Zekidk wrote: »
    The big question is: why is he in Matera with Swann visiting Vespers grave around 30 minutes into the movie, when we know that he tried to seduce Lynch earlier in Jamaica?

    I think the PTS will be intercut between Jamaica and Norway. And maybe the whole Matera-sequence is a flashback.

    Dude. You're not listening.
    No. I am just not agreeing with you. You are speculating which is fine, but since Bond gets his bruises and scars (seen when filming scenes in London, scene 139-155) from the graveyard explosion in Matera, how do you explain that he has no bruises in Jamaica? Hence:
    The Jamaica scenes take place AFTER the Matera scenes.
    ...makes no sense.
  • Zekidk wrote: »
    The big question is: why is he in Matera with Swann visiting Vespers grave around 30 minutes into the movie, when we know that he tried to seduce Lynch earlier in Jamaica?

    I think the PTS will be intercut between Jamaica and Norway. And maybe the whole Matera-sequence is a flashback.

    Dude. You're not listening.

    The Jamaica scenes take place AFTER the Matera scenes. I understand that Broccoli said the film starts in Jamaica - but she likely means the 'story' (i.e; the mission to save the scientist) starts there. In the context of the actual film, we will see the reason why Bond decided to retire.

    During the Live Reveal Barbara Broccoli said exactly: "Bond is not on active service when we start the film, so he is actually enjoying himself in Jamaica." I don't think she is referring to the story. I understand that the synopses are not clear, but that doesn't invalidate what Babs said at the Reveal.

    The NTTD synopsis says: "Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help." You could suggest that Matera comes before that tranquil life, but then that suggests that the first 50-odd minutes of the film, almost half, is ignored by the synopsis. I find that hard to believe.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,241
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    The big question is: why is he in Matera with Swann visiting Vespers grave around 30 minutes into the movie, when we know that he tried to seduce Lynch earlier in Jamaica?

    I think the PTS will be intercut between Jamaica and Norway. And maybe the whole Matera-sequence is a flashback.

    Dude. You're not listening.
    No. I am just not agreeing with you. You are speculating which is fine, but since Bond gets his bruises and scars (seen when filming scenes in London, scene 139-155) from the graveyard explosion in Matera, how do you explain that he has no bruises in Jamaica? Hence:
    The Jamaica scenes take place AFTER the Matera scenes.
    ...makes no sense.

    @Pierce2Daniel, @Zekidk has a point, in Jamaica Bond has no bruises. Take a look:

    Daniel-Craig-Bond-25-Shirt-Collar.jpg

    Maybe he is retired in Jamaica, alone. And Felix lures him back because of something about Swan and the missing scientist. And then they have a clue in Matera, something to do with the Vesper grave, and so on and so on. I don't know, I haven't been following the clapperboards. But one thing is clear to me, Bond has no bruises in Jamaica, and then he has them in Matera and London. So there's a time stamp right there for ya.
  • Univex wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    The big question is: why is he in Matera with Swann visiting Vespers grave around 30 minutes into the movie, when we know that he tried to seduce Lynch earlier in Jamaica?

    I think the PTS will be intercut between Jamaica and Norway. And maybe the whole Matera-sequence is a flashback.

    Dude. You're not listening.
    No. I am just not agreeing with you. You are speculating which is fine, but since Bond gets his bruises and scars (seen when filming scenes in London, scene 139-155) from the graveyard explosion in Matera, how do you explain that he has no bruises in Jamaica? Hence:
    The Jamaica scenes take place AFTER the Matera scenes.
    ...makes no sense.

    @Pierce2Daniel, @Zekidk has a point, in Jamaica Bond has no bruises. Take a look:

    Daniel-Craig-Bond-25-Shirt-Collar.jpg

    Maybe he is retired in Jamaica, alone. And Felix lures him back because of something about Swan and the missing scientist. And then they have a clue in Matera, something to do with the Vesper grave, and so on and so on. I don't know, I haven't been following the clapperboards. But one thing is clear to me, Bond has no bruises in Jamaica, and then he has them in Matera and London. So there's a time stamp right there for ya.

    You're right, there usually only is one fight or explosion in a Bond film…
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2019 Posts: 1,755
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Someone wrote: »
    scene 78. Unless that clapperboard, while in Jamaica, was doubling for Cuba.
    It was. While filming in Port Antonio - scene 78 - they specifically were looking for "cuban looking extras."

    Matera has been consistently reported as the PTS and the plot kicks in when Felix goes after Bond asking for help. Searching the kidnapped scientist hardly fits with Bond dealing with his past and inner demons as he's doing in Matera. Cuba (scene 78) directly follows the Jamaica scenes where Bond is recruited by Felix. It's obvious IMO. Even geographically. On the other hand Bond is in Matera dealing with personal stuff, with Madeleine, not on a mission to find a scientist. Matera is prior to the main scientist plot, based on what we saw.

    Let's say the Matera scenes will take 15/20 minutes + 4 minutes for the title song + 10/15 minutes for the Norway PTS (Scene 15) it means Bond is in Jamaica 30/35 minutes into the film... hardly in the middle like you say, since it's pretty much a given NTTD will run 130+ minutes.
    Univex wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    The big question is: why is he in Matera with Swann visiting Vespers grave around 30 minutes into the movie, when we know that he tried to seduce Lynch earlier in Jamaica?

    I think the PTS will be intercut between Jamaica and Norway. And maybe the whole Matera-sequence is a flashback.

    Dude. You're not listening.
    No. I am just not agreeing with you. You are speculating which is fine, but since Bond gets his bruises and scars (seen when filming scenes in London, scene 139-155) from the graveyard explosion in Matera, how do you explain that he has no bruises in Jamaica? Hence:
    The Jamaica scenes take place AFTER the Matera scenes.
    ...makes no sense.

    @Pierce2Daniel, @Zekidk has a point, in Jamaica Bond has no bruises. Take a look:

    Daniel-Craig-Bond-25-Shirt-Collar.jpg

    Maybe he is retired in Jamaica, alone. And Felix lures him back because of something about Swan and the missing scientist. And then they have a clue in Matera, something to do with the Vesper grave, and so on and so on. I don't know, I haven't been following the clapperboards. But one thing is clear to me, Bond has no bruises in Jamaica, and then he has them in Matera and London. So there's a time stamp right there for ya.

    I believe there will be a time jump between Matera and Jamaica. Plus, the London bruises could be the result of the big action scene that will take place in Cuba (the scenes where Craig broke his ankle). Let's wait and see. The structure of this film is giving me headache.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,241
    Station_Z wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    The big question is: why is he in Matera with Swann visiting Vespers grave around 30 minutes into the movie, when we know that he tried to seduce Lynch earlier in Jamaica?

    I think the PTS will be intercut between Jamaica and Norway. And maybe the whole Matera-sequence is a flashback.

    Dude. You're not listening.
    No. I am just not agreeing with you. You are speculating which is fine, but since Bond gets his bruises and scars (seen when filming scenes in London, scene 139-155) from the graveyard explosion in Matera, how do you explain that he has no bruises in Jamaica? Hence:
    The Jamaica scenes take place AFTER the Matera scenes.
    ...makes no sense.

    @Pierce2Daniel, @Zekidk has a point, in Jamaica Bond has no bruises. Take a look:

    Daniel-Craig-Bond-25-Shirt-Collar.jpg

    Maybe he is retired in Jamaica, alone. And Felix lures him back because of something about Swan and the missing scientist. And then they have a clue in Matera, something to do with the Vesper grave, and so on and so on. I don't know, I haven't been following the clapperboards. But one thing is clear to me, Bond has no bruises in Jamaica, and then he has them in Matera and London. So there's a time stamp right there for ya.

    You're right, there usually only is one fight or explosion in a Bond film…

    Don't know if you're being ironic or not, @Station_Z, but maybe Bond gets his bruises from crashing into a bar in Cuba. And gets worse bruises in Matera with that explosion we saw. But all of those must happen after Jamaica, because he does not have a single cut on his face during that particular shoot. It's only logic.

    I don't know, you guys are much more into the clapperboard stuff than I am. I'm an ignorant in that department, so I have no idea whatsoever.

    Do cary on with all the hypothesis ;) All and all, a great game for us fans.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2019 Posts: 1,755
    Univex wrote: »
    Station_Z wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    The big question is: why is he in Matera with Swann visiting Vespers grave around 30 minutes into the movie, when we know that he tried to seduce Lynch earlier in Jamaica?

    I think the PTS will be intercut between Jamaica and Norway. And maybe the whole Matera-sequence is a flashback.

    Dude. You're not listening.
    No. I am just not agreeing with you. You are speculating which is fine, but since Bond gets his bruises and scars (seen when filming scenes in London, scene 139-155) from the graveyard explosion in Matera, how do you explain that he has no bruises in Jamaica? Hence:
    The Jamaica scenes take place AFTER the Matera scenes.
    ...makes no sense.

    @Pierce2Daniel, @Zekidk has a point, in Jamaica Bond has no bruises. Take a look:

    Daniel-Craig-Bond-25-Shirt-Collar.jpg

    Maybe he is retired in Jamaica, alone. And Felix lures him back because of something about Swan and the missing scientist. And then they have a clue in Matera, something to do with the Vesper grave, and so on and so on. I don't know, I haven't been following the clapperboards. But one thing is clear to me, Bond has no bruises in Jamaica, and then he has them in Matera and London. So there's a time stamp right there for ya.

    You're right, there usually only is one fight or explosion in a Bond film…

    Don't know if you're being ironic or not, @Station_Z, but maybe Bond gets his bruises from crashing into a bar in Cuba. And gets worse bruises in Matera with that explosion we saw. But all of those must happen after Jamaica, because he does not have a single cut on his face during that particular shoot. It's only logic.

    Well, if there's a time jump between Matera and Jamaica, nope...

    Matera is just Bond and Madeleine. Personal stuff. Jamaica is Bond, Nomi, Felix, where the main plot kicks in. Based on the end of SP, logic says Matera is the reason Bond is retired alone in Jamaica...
  • Posts: 4,241
    matt_u wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Station_Z wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    The big question is: why is he in Matera with Swann visiting Vespers grave around 30 minutes into the movie, when we know that he tried to seduce Lynch earlier in Jamaica?

    I think the PTS will be intercut between Jamaica and Norway. And maybe the whole Matera-sequence is a flashback.

    Dude. You're not listening.
    No. I am just not agreeing with you. You are speculating which is fine, but since Bond gets his bruises and scars (seen when filming scenes in London, scene 139-155) from the graveyard explosion in Matera, how do you explain that he has no bruises in Jamaica? Hence:
    The Jamaica scenes take place AFTER the Matera scenes.
    ...makes no sense.

    @Pierce2Daniel, @Zekidk has a point, in Jamaica Bond has no bruises. Take a look:

    Daniel-Craig-Bond-25-Shirt-Collar.jpg

    Maybe he is retired in Jamaica, alone. And Felix lures him back because of something about Swan and the missing scientist. And then they have a clue in Matera, something to do with the Vesper grave, and so on and so on. I don't know, I haven't been following the clapperboards. But one thing is clear to me, Bond has no bruises in Jamaica, and then he has them in Matera and London. So there's a time stamp right there for ya.

    You're right, there usually only is one fight or explosion in a Bond film…

    Don't know if you're being ironic or not, @Station_Z, but maybe Bond gets his bruises from crashing into a bar in Cuba. And gets worse bruises in Matera with that explosion we saw. But all of those must happen after Jamaica, because he does not have a single cut on his face during that particular shoot. It's only logic.

    Well, if there's a time jump between Matera and Jamaica, nope...

    That's very true. Didn't think of that. See? Told ya I was an outsider to the clapper-game. Good catch, Mr. Roark.
  • Posts: 2,752
    @matt_u

    I never argued that the Jamaica scenes are "30/35 minutes into the film"

    The Matera-scenes are there to explain why Bond isn't with Swann anymore in Jamaica.
    From the get-go he is alone in Jamaica, hiding from SPECTRE. Because of events in Norway, Lynch pays him a visit and he secretly meets Felix at the bar. Swann is mentioned - forcing Bond out of retirement. To make her relevant to the audience, and explain Bond's escape to Jamaica, there's a flashback that takes place immediately after the end of SP: Bond and Swann visiting Matera, barely escaping SPECTRE, because they are both a target. The bruises from the London scenes? Yes, could be from:
    Univex wrote: »
    Bond gets his bruises from crashing into a bar in Cuba
    ...or more likely - the Cuba-street action setpiece filmed at Pinewood (around scene 108)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 1,755
    Univex wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Station_Z wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    The big question is: why is he in Matera with Swann visiting Vespers grave around 30 minutes into the movie, when we know that he tried to seduce Lynch earlier in Jamaica?

    I think the PTS will be intercut between Jamaica and Norway. And maybe the whole Matera-sequence is a flashback.

    Dude. You're not listening.
    No. I am just not agreeing with you. You are speculating which is fine, but since Bond gets his bruises and scars (seen when filming scenes in London, scene 139-155) from the graveyard explosion in Matera, how do you explain that he has no bruises in Jamaica? Hence:
    The Jamaica scenes take place AFTER the Matera scenes.
    ...makes no sense.

    @Pierce2Daniel, @Zekidk has a point, in Jamaica Bond has no bruises. Take a look:

    Daniel-Craig-Bond-25-Shirt-Collar.jpg

    Maybe he is retired in Jamaica, alone. And Felix lures him back because of something about Swan and the missing scientist. And then they have a clue in Matera, something to do with the Vesper grave, and so on and so on. I don't know, I haven't been following the clapperboards. But one thing is clear to me, Bond has no bruises in Jamaica, and then he has them in Matera and London. So there's a time stamp right there for ya.

    You're right, there usually only is one fight or explosion in a Bond film…

    Don't know if you're being ironic or not, @Station_Z, but maybe Bond gets his bruises from crashing into a bar in Cuba. And gets worse bruises in Matera with that explosion we saw. But all of those must happen after Jamaica, because he does not have a single cut on his face during that particular shoot. It's only logic.

    Well, if there's a time jump between Matera and Jamaica, nope...

    That's very true. Didn't think of that. See? Told ya I was an outsider to the clapper-game. Good catch, Mr. Roark.

    I'm an outsider too. I don't know, to me this seems the most reasonable pattern, but let's wait for more info.
  • Posts: 4,241
    I still think the clapperboards are being used as misdirection. GOT-like counter measures against leaks and fan forums ;) If so, nicely done, EON.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 1,755
    Zekidk wrote: »
    The Matera-scenes are there to explain why Bond isn't with Swann anymore in Jamaica.

    I agree. But it don't believe they're goin to be a flashback.

    Norway PTS (with no Bond, likely from Madeleine's past) ---> Main titles ---> Bond with Madeleine in Matera as a direct continuation of SP ---> 4/5 years time jump with Bond alone in Jamaica where the main plot kicks in, in some ways related to the PTS.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Posts: 431
    RC7 wrote: »
    Matera is clearly between the 30s and 50s. It isn’t the PTS. I think we should get used to that.

    Which makes me en-ti-re-ly happy @RC7. My problem with Bond films, especially recent ones, is that they put all the creativity in the PTS and sometimes forget that an entire film is still on its way. Why exhausting big action on a PTS, when you can also have it midway through the story?

    between scene 30 and 50 also means it's not riht after the main titles, but even more later than that....
  • Posts: 4,241
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    The Matera-scenes are there to explain why Bond isn't with Swann anymore in Jamaica.

    I agree. But it don't believe they're goin to be a flashback.

    Norway PTS (with no Bond, likely from Madeleine's past) ---> Main titles ---> Bond with Madeleine in Matera as a direct continuation of SP ---> 4/5 years time jump with Bond alone in Jamaica where the main plot kicks in, in some ways related to the PTS.

    That...makes total sense.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Posts: 1,755
    The first shots of the Matera sequences are Bond and Madeline driving the DB5 through the Tirrenian coast and then entering the city through that fake tunnel. Bond and Madeleine stay in a romantic hotel. Bond visits the grave. Those scenes cannot be a direct continuation of what happens in Jamaica. This is Bond dealing with personal stuff right after SP, not Bond on a mission to find a kidnapped scientist. Plus, a 20 minutes flashback is unlikely. A "Jamaica, 4 years later" seems more likely.
  • Posts: 2,752
    matt_u wrote: »
    Plus, a 20 minutes flashback is unlikely. A "Jamaica, 4 years later" seems more likely.
    Then events in Norway has to be taking place 4 years earlier, as well.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2019 Posts: 1,755
    Zekidk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Plus, a 20 minutes flashback is unlikely. A "Jamaica, 4 years later" seems more likely.
    Then events in Norway has to be taking place 4 years earlier, as well.

    I honestly believe those Norway frozen lake scenes are set far more into the past than Matera and will be reprised throughout the film. I believe those scenes set up a connection between Malek and Swann, when she was a kid, maybe. Don’t forget that seems Swann pays a visit to ESB in order to ask info about Malek.
  • Posts: 4,241
    matt_u wrote: »
    The first shots of the Matera sequences are Bond and Madeline driving the DB5 through the Tirrenian coast and then entering the city through that fake tunnel. Bond and Madeleine stay in a romantic hotel. Bond visits the grave. Those scenes cannot be a direct continuation of what happens in Jamaica. This is Bond dealing with personal stuff right after SP, not Bond on a mission to find a kidnapped scientist. Plus, a 20 minutes flashback is unlikely. A "Jamaica, 4 years later" seems more likely.

    Yes, it really does.
Sign In or Register to comment.