No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    00Agent wrote: »
    aaaand Cary just confirmed that he's at Pinewood.
    Almost as if... as if he was reading this thread ;)

That's creepy. Very creepy.

It's probably the first link on his Playstation Browser ;)

Has he cleared Red Dead yet, I wonder? I know he's been quite busy the last few months. ;)
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.

That's creepy. Very creepy.

It's probably the first link on his Playstation Browser ;)

Has he cleared Red Dead yet, I wonder? I know he's been quite busy the last few months. ;)

Maybe i'll get a chance to see him/talk to him in Matera next week, cause that will be the first thing i'm gonna ask :))

"Hey Cary, me and some fans from Mi6Community were wondering..."
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

• RC7RC7
    What I don't get is why Cary Fukunaga simply isn't there during filming of this action sequence. Even Sam Mendes was present in Istanbul during filming of all the action stuff for the PTS. Even if this is 2nd unit stuff, I find it peculiar that he isn't there to guide Witt and others with some of his ideas while being there. On the other hand NTTD is a delayed Bond-film, if you like it or not. Looking at the fact that only one big action sequence is playing out on location so far, my guess is that there is way much more stuff to be filmed in Pinewood and that filming of NTTD has really become a tricky affair with Craig's injuries and Malek's enormous scheduling conflicts. It doesn't make me fully enthusiastic....just yet. Let's wait and see how Fukunaga's vision plays out on April 3rd.

These sequences are developed, storyboarded and pre-visualised way in advance. I’d heard details of this chase many, many months ago during the pre-vis stage. There’s a hugely experienced team behind this picture, which allows Cary time to focus on his other duties with the principal cast (as @ColonelSun pointed out).
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

Funny picture. By the way, one of them is Gregg Wilson...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2019 Posts: 14,861
    I think I'd definitely be getting tired of all that noise if I lived there! :)
    One thing to notice, as we can see, there are pedestrians (extras) running out oft he way of the cars and reacting as the cars roar past, but, so far, no other vehicles or even bike riders in the streets, although we do see a sheep herder and his flock blocking a lane which forces the DB5 to spin back toward the pursing cars and motorbike.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,018
    mtm wrote: »
    I think I'd definitely be getting tired of all that noise if I lived there! :)

The prod. pays each household, business, restaurant in the area 100 euro to stay indoors/close up or just away from the set.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    One thing to notice, as we can see, there are pedestrians (extras) running out oft he way of the cars and reacting as the cars roar past, but, so far, no other vehicles or even bike riders in the streets, although we do see a sheep herder and his flock blocking a lane which forces the DB5 to spin back toward the pursing cars and motorbike.

I'm sure we've seen other cars being avoided down some of these tighter streets in some shots. I'm not even sure that the Lancia which stops when the DB5 does its little spin (with the bullet ricochets) in that YT video you just posted isn't a 'passer-by' car.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

I'm sure we've seen other cars being avoided down some of these tighter streets in some shots. I'm not even sure that the Lancia which stops when the DB5 does its little spin (with the bullet ricochets) in that YT video you just posted isn't a 'passer-by' car.

Didn't spot that. It does make sense the streets would be pretty quiet in a town like that.

Leas double I think

Damn this is tight and slick driving

Production has decided to ditch Aston martin and the others and used these instead

:D
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Are they doing an hommage to the tuk tuk chase from OP now? That would be neat.
    Are they doing an hommage to the tuk tuk chase from OP now? That would be neat.

Hehe.. Just a pic from a tourist #Matera
    Contraband wrote: »
    Damn this is tight and slick driving

Wow that's amazing stuntwork by all 3 drivers there !!
    Bond on a bike?? Look at clip 1 (slomo) and normal: clip 3. The stuntman last week had the same clothes when he jumped of the bridge and that was supposed to be Bond, right? Same beige jacket, pants, blue shirt here on a bike fleeing up Matera stairs

Clip 2 has Lea's double in AM

• RC7RC7
    Bond on a bike?? Look at clip 1 (slomo) and normal: clip 3. The stuntman last week had the same clothes when he jumped of the bridge and that was supposed to be Bond, right? Same beige jacket, pants, blue shirt here on a bike fleeing up Matera stairs

Clip 2 has Lea's double in AM

I’ll be honest, I’ve not got the time to meticulously pick through these clips, I’m just watching them as they crop up so what I’m about to suggest might be nonsense.

From what I have seen I wonder whether this scene will begin at the cemetery, to be covered when Daniel arrives on location. Sh*t goes down and he escapes on foot to the bridge, where he leaps off (the initial stunt set-piece). From here he steals a goons bike and races to collect Madeleine and the DB5, before the chase continues...

It’s just as likely the reverse could be true. Whatever is planned I think they’ll have trouble keeping certain elements under wraps once the principal cast arrive.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Bond on a bike?? Look at clip 1 (slomo) and normal: clip 3. The stuntman last week had the same clothes when he jumped of the bridge and that was supposed to be Bond, right?

I was never sure: he didn't quite seem like Bond to me. Could have been, but I could equally believe he wasn't.
    Its Bond. He gets out of the DB5, Madeleine drives it. Bond gets on the Triumph, kicks some ass and drives away.

Or something to that effect. It'll be an interesting chase, I'm sure.
    I can't wait to see a picture of Malek in character. His face can look creepy but I think it'll need some work.
    Ludovico wrote: »
    I can't wait to see a picture of Malek in character. His face can look creepy but I think it'll need some work.

In ture Fleming fashion they should give him some sort of disfigurement.
    Except for Greene, all Craig villains had a thing.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Univex wrote: »
    Its Bond. He gets out of the DB5, Madeleine drives it. Bond gets on the Triumph, kicks some ass and drives away.

Oh really? Fair enough.

If Madeline's alone in the DB5 that gives it some potential to be destroyed.

I wonder, if it's halfway through the film as the clapperboards have suggested, maybe Bond has left the DB5 with Madeline in Europe since the end of Spectre while he goes to Jamaica, and the plot leading up to this sequence shows him going to find her? Dunno; total guesswork :)
    BTW, I'm sorry if there's to much posting clips and info by me. I'm on vacation and this research is hell of a fun.

:P
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Oh really? Fair enough.

I wonder, if it's halfway through the film as the clapperboards have suggested, maybe Bond has left the DB5 with Madeline in Europe since the end of Spectre while he goes to Jamaica, and the plot leading up to this sequence shows him going to find her? Dunno; total guesswork :)

Perhaps the graveyard is the agreed meeting point between Bond and Madeleine if he is forced out of retirement.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    BTW, I'm sorry if there's to much posting clips and info by me. I'm on vacation and this research is hell of a fun.

Not at all; I think we can all agree we're enjoying it, and it's what this thread is for! :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Oh really? Fair enough.

Perhaps the graveyard is the agreed meeting point between Bond and Madeleine if he is forced out of retirement.

I like it! :)
  • RC7RC7
    I’m 99.9% positive this is the PTS.

Not at all; I think we can all agree we're enjoying it, and it's what this thread is for! :)

Me love you mucho