The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

fanbond123 wrote: »
    Having let the title rest in my mind... okay, it's not that bad. I'd have preferred something a little different but it's okay. If you forget the other die titles in the franchise, it sounds better.

(meh, okay I sort of like it, ish, meh, I hate changing my mind!)

Someone on Youtube mentioned it sounded like a Die Hard title.

DIE HARD - NO TIME TO DIE

I think that sounds rather cool. =D> But too late, Bond got to it first. \:D/

In that instance it would be

No time to die hard

As for Fleming everyone here has at least one Fleming title (be it from short story chapter or what have you) that would be amazing to see on a poster some day

I always liked Third Time is Enemy Action to be honest but I don’t think it will be used but who knows
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Having let the title rest in my mind... okay, it's not that bad. I'd have preferred something a little different but it's okay. If you forget the other die titles in the franchise, it sounds better.

No time to die hard

As for Fleming everyone here has at least one Fleming title (be it from short story chapter or what have you) that would be amazing to see on a poster some day

I always liked Third Time is Enemy Action to be honest but I don’t think it will be used but who knows
    Maybe someone will do you a nice fan art
    Just riffing here... I understand No Time to Die is generally liked, and I don't mind it - but I was thinking that perhaps No Time to Kill would be interesting. The word kill checks the "classic Bond" box without being die or gold or whatever. It has double meaning: Bond has no time to waste, and Bond has no time for killing, which is sort of interesting IMO. Of course, I don't know if Bond will be particularly merciful in the movie (movie hasn't come out yet, lol) - perhaps he will be, if he no longer has a 00 designation. No Time to Kill also avoids being a weaker restatement of the phrase Die Another Day.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Milovy wrote: »
    Just riffing here... I understand No Time to Die is generally liked, and I don't mind it - but I was thinking that perhaps No Time to Kill would be interesting. The word kill checks the "classic Bond" box without being die or gold or whatever. It has double meaning: Bond has no time to waste, and Bond has no time for killing, which is sort of interesting IMO. Of course, I don't know if Bond will be particularly merciful in the movie (movie hasn't come out yet, lol) - perhaps he will be, if he no longer has a 00 designation. No Time to Kill also avoids being a weaker restatement of the phrase Die Another Day.
    I had the same thought as well after the announcement. I like No Time To Die, but Kill flows a little better.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    It's a straightforward title. Not enough time to die, literally. Not an appropriate time to die.

Is there more context it could take on with the story.

Most people interpreted it as the “not enough time for dying” way, but I’ve been wondering if it’s more the second thing @RichardTheBruce suggested - “not the right time to die.” I feel like we’ll see the line play out in the movie.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,104
    I interpret the title as No Mendes pretentious melodramatic indulgence
    I actually don't think it will be along the lines of "tomorrow never dies" (I'm excepting time travel up front). But I do wonder if there's something not yet considered that could be sprung.
  • RyanRyan Canada

Perhaps too similar to the John Grisham novel and 1996 film A Time to Kill in name. I realize No Time to Die has had previous use but to my knowledge its previous use has been a bit less mainstream.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 12,914
    Well a variation on an existing phrase or title is in line with Bond, isn't it. And Grisham is in the right vein. It would be interesting to know what the producers considered.
  • No Time to Kill wouldn't have been bad either, but it has a very different meaning than No Time to Die. I assume the title choice has something to do with the story itself, rather than just being catchy and Bondian.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Rami Malek reveals SHOCKING villain spoiler hidden in NTTD title:

48629049562_897d806084_o.png
    No Time To Die feels like a John Gardner novel title?
    Licence Renewed (1981)
    For Special Services (1982)
    Icebreaker (1983)
    Role of Honour (1984)
    Nobody Lives for Ever (1986)
    No Deals, Mr. Bond (1987)
    Scorpius (1988)
    Win, Lose or Die (1989)
    Licence to Kill (1989) – novelization of a film script
    Brokenclaw (1990)
    The Man from Barbarossa (1991)
    Death is Forever (1992)
    Never Send Flowers (1993)
    SeaFire (1994)
    GoldenEye (1995) – novelization of a film script
    Cold (1996) – published in the US as Cold Fall

No Time To Die would seem a natural fit with the above titles.

Scorpius

and

Nobody Lives For Ever

could make strong Bond film titles.

No Time to Kill sounds very much like a parody to me. No Time to Die doesn´t.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    boldfinger wrote: »
    No Time to Kill sounds very much like a parody to me. No Time to Die doesn´t.

+1.
    I prefer No Time to Die myself. No Time to Kill is ok enough though. I’m neutral about that one.
    vzok wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »

No time to die hard

Maybe someone will do you a nice fan art

Are you offering cause I would love it
    Sorry, never progressed beyond crayons.
    edited September 2019 Posts: 12,914
    No-Time-To-Die.jpg?resize=300%2C169

I wonder why they dropped the exclamation point.

tumblr_px6mjxA5xt1ytvm9qo1_250.jpg
    Then I wonder why they didn't put it back.

df98e9840d93ea4be3092a744f24c8f4.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Exclamation marks were such a silly part of many titles in the past. I have noticed while reading several of my old comics magazines as well.
    To The Devil With Duty
    Forewarned Is Forearmed
    Conversations With A Gun
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2019 Posts: 14,861
    Forewarned Is Forearmed

That could work, although I guess it's hard not to think of forearms! :)

I guess you could go with That Which Does Not Kill Me, although I suppose it's a bit clunky.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Birdleson wrote: »
    It just makes me feel a lot better that there is at least the possibility that EON put some actual thought into this, that it had some heartfelt connection to the past

Well it's not going to be a coincidence! :)
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    I guess that I missed it, but I didn't know until a few minutes ago that the previous film entitled NO TIME TO DIE! (1958) was produced, written and directed by the team of Broccoli, Maibaum and Young (not to forget cinematographer Ted Moore; the man responsible for the look of seven Bond films). Obviously, that doesn't help improve the tired nature of the choice, but, if this was an intentional homage to the early men behind Bond, I have a lot more respect for the decision and will do my damnedest to learn to love it!

It just makes me feel a lot better that there is at least the possibility that EON put some actual thought into this, that it had some heartfelt connection to the past, rather than the (realistically, more likely) idea that they just strung together several "Bondian" words in the order that seemed to make the least amount of nonsense.

Absolutely. This is the chief redeeming feature – it’s kinda cool throwback to that era of Hollywood filmmaking to pinch a title that was used by Warwick Films.

But has it dawned on anyone that out of the 4 original Bond film titles - that don’t have any ties or links to Fleming – that 3 use the word ‘Die’……that includes TND, DAD and NTTD. The only original title, with no Fleming links, is SF.

Eon have a crutch which is “if ever in doubt, use the word ‘die’ in the title”. It’s beyond lazy and reeks of insecurity.

Also, TND, DAD and NTTD all basically mean the same thing. Which is beyond frustrating.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I guess that I missed it, but I didn't know until a few minutes ago that the previous film entitled NO TIME TO DIE! (1958) was produced, written and directed by the team of Broccoli, Maibaum and Young (not to forget cinematographer Ted Moore; the man responsible for the look of seven Bond films).

I’ve got to watch this NTTD. It also has Luciana Palucci, Anthony Newley, Robert Rietty and George Pravda. That’s a lot of Bond connections.
    I seem to be in the minority here, but I think Skyfall is an awesome title, especially for being non-Fleming.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I seem to be in the minority here, but I think Skyfall is an awesome title, especially for being non-Fleming.

Same here...I thought it was a very original film.
    (So did most movie-goers as it broke all 007 records and still has ).
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Skyfall is a great title. I was watching Doctor Who serial, Underworld (1978) earlier this year, and to my surprise, the miners in the caves often described a rock collapse as a 'Skyfall'.