No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• If Bond is wearing the suit in these scenes with the DB5 that was used for that jump off the bridge doesn't that suggest it's not straight from a wedding, strange suit to be wearing at your wedding? Then again Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love got married in their pyjamas! Think it's more likely the visit to the grave than a wedding.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Contraband wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »

Anybody understands why there's a half burning fire on the square when the DB5 races by?

What's the point of that?!

Burning garbage in the square? I do have know. But there are two of them.

Yeah maybe but it seems very odd practice. I mean health issues, risking another fire, etc. Really strange.

No, they're not burning garbage in the town square. Does this really need to be considered?

I was just wondering. They were burning something or at least smoke rising with some guy sweaping. In any case he's been placed there by the crew. Maybe it's just meant to be effectful. Half a second on the screen.

Moving on..
    Probably the result of an explosion which will be added in post.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Is Bond wearing the burgundy tie? Can’t tell.

Daily mails gallery - No tie on the stunt driver

I'm genuinely excited about the return of the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, but more DB5 is just very boring. The freshness that CR brought will be all gone by the end of Craig's tenure.

I love the DB5. Seeing it again doing all this stuff only reinforces my passion. I’ll be sad to see it destroyed...again. I can’t get enough of it. It’s quintessential Bond and a gorgeous machine to look at. A symbol of a time Bond identifies with. It’s just brilliant. Thank you EON for bringing it to us again.

Is there a DB5 appreciation thread on the forum? Can't get enough of that car myself.
    I love the DB5 too, even though I think it's been a bit overused recently in the series. I can't really complain this time around though because we're getting other models like the V8 - the one I'm most excited for. The chase stuff in Matera looks cool so far. Madeleine will live to die another day after the PTS I'm 99% sure.

And that looks much better. Maybe the tie was a decoy so we wouldn’t know that was Bond.

And that looks much better. Maybe the tie was a decoy so we wouldn’t know that was Bond.

Not a decoy, the tie obviously comes off at some point, which suggests Bond visits grave alone, gets ambushed on the bridge, jumps from bridge, scrambles back to DB5 where Madeleine is waiting and the Spectre men catch up and the car chase kicks off.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,497
    I'm genuinely excited about the return of the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, but more DB5 is just very boring. The freshness that CR brought will be all gone by the end of Craig's tenure.

Delete please, thanks.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Nevermind.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Not a decoy, the tie obviously comes off at some point, which suggests Bond visits grave alone, gets ambushed on the bridge, jumps from bridge, scrambles back to DB5 where Madeleine is waiting and the Spectre men catch up and the car chase kicks off.

Or...a decoy so we wouldn’t know for sure it was Bond in the filming of that pivotal scene. Isn’t that possible, considering all the secrecy surrounding the production?

Then again, you’re probably right.
  • matt_u wrote: »
    There's a guy who writes on an italian movie forum I've been part for the last 10 years that lives in Matera - he was even an extra in some other Hollywood films filmed there - who told me he heard that in NTTD there will be flashbacks from Bond's childhood. I'm trying to verify this info because he just drop that like this.
    But if that's the case wouldn't we have a heard of a young actor being cast as a young Bond?
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering

Or...a decoy so we wouldn’t know for sure it was Bond in the filming of that pivotal scene. Isn’t that possible, considering all the secrecy surrounding the production?

The Colonel could be on to something, The stunt driver's jacket was very crumpled
    matt_u wrote: »
    There's a guy who writes on an italian movie forum I've been part for the last 10 years that lives in Matera - he was even an extra in some other Hollywood films filmed there - who told me he heard that in NTTD there will be flashbacks from Bond's childhood. I'm trying to verify this info because he just drop that like this.
    Fantastic! That means the one driving that DB5 will be none other than Sean Connery!
  • peaderppeaderp england
    the blonde double in matera looks like the same woman with the face dots in norway

Sorry, but how does a tie become a decoy when the stunt double, a fit for a Craig double, is wearing the same suit?
    Will the real actors be on this film? ;)
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    their faces will ;) ... maybe!
    17666724-7392487-image-a-28_1566732067384.jpg
    I love her shoes!

They´re incredibly busy filming the exact same scenes at Pinewood, for face-scanning ;-).

• duke_togoduke_togo france
    edited August 2019 Posts: 138
    if "on her majesty's secret service" action scenes focused a lot on winter sports , this episode seems to have considerable car chases (here in the pre-title sequence with the "db5",potentially in jamaica with the "land rover defender", and also one with the "aston martin v8" maybe in norway) ! too bad that they don't bring back the "lotus esprit" instead of the "aston martin v8" (even if it's also a cool one , i hope fukunaga will use the car's "winterised" gadgets !)...
  • RC7RC7
    Everything about this Matera opening feels superb. What a location.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018

• I'm fine with lots of car chases provided they're thrilling and aggressive and fast paced, not like the lifeless SP car chases.
    duke_togo wrote: »
    if "on her majesty's secret service" action scenes focused a lot on winter sports , this episode seems to have considerable car chases (here in the pre-title sequence with the "db5",potentially in jamaica with the "land rover defender", and also one with the "aston martin v8" maybe in norway) ! to bad that they don't bring back the "lotus esprit" instead of the "aston martin v8" (even if it's also a cool one , i hope fukunaga will use the car's "winterised" gadgets !)...
    I agree they should honor the one and only Sir Rog a bit more and rock the Lotus once again. But I´d accept the Valhalla as an adequate substitute ;-).

Shooting action scenes must be so much fun :-).

Shooting area Monday 26 aug.

MRzVlno.jpg

VIA MADONNA DELLE VIRTU
    Traffic closures from 6.00 am to 8.00 pm: from ZTL Via Bruno Buozzi at intersection Via Fiorentini / Via Sant’Antonio Abate

PROHIBITIONS OF PARK
    - From 25/08 to 17/09 "0-24": Rione Sassi
    - From 25/08 to 21/09 "0-24": Via Pentasuglia stretch between Via Piave and Vico II Festa except for disabled stalls

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

I think you're right. Regarding that, I found on Instagram some pictures from the cemetery in Gravina di Puglia. The guy obscured the name on the grave to avoid spoilers, but to me looks like a woman with dark hair and a surname shorter than her name... aka LYND VESPER.

• edited August 2019 Posts: 3,156

Craig can be Bond for the next copules of decades. They have everything they need on the harddisks in Pinewood :-)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Shooting area Monday 26 aug.VIA MADONNA DELLE VIRTU
    Traffic closures from 6.00 am to 8.00 pm: from ZTL Via Bruno Buozzi at intersection Via Fiorentini / Via Sant’Antonio Abate

PROHIBITIONS OF PARK
    - From 25/08 to 17/09 "0-24": Rione Sassi
    - From 25/08 to 21/09 "0-24": Via Pentasuglia stretch between Via Piave and Vico II Festa except for disabled stalls

Yes that's the panoramic road that follows the perimeter of the city.

torrente-gravina-with-town-along-via-madonna-delle-virtu-with-convent-FDKHYP.jpg
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    octofinger wrote: »

Anybody understands why there's a half burning fire on the square when the DB5 races by?

What's the point of that?!

Burning garbage in the square? I do have know. But there are two of them.

Yeah maybe but it seems very odd practice. I mean health issues, risking another fire, etc. Really strange.

No, they're not burning garbage in the town square. Does this really need to be considered?

I was just wondering. They were burning something or at least smoke rising with some guy sweaping. In any case he's been placed there by the crew. Maybe it's just meant to be effectful. Half a second on the screen.

Moving on..

james-bond-piazza-vittorio-veneto-14.jpg

There are two piles of smuldering furniture either side of the road. But why???
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Who is chasing that Aston Martin db5?
    I don't see any other car behind that.