No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• BibiBibi Washington
    So, I got this email for an audition for the new film Bond. It’s for a Male Spy role and a new Bond Girl.
    Do we know the composer yet?
  • That stunt video is classic Bond. Love to see it.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Do we know the composer yet?

Dan Romer
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Bibi wrote: »
    So, I got this email for an audition for the new film Bond. It’s for a Male Spy role and a new Bond Girl.

Could you elaborate...? Attach a screenshot?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Second unit base camp at the world famous old caves next to the bridge in Gravina

And hanging under the yellow crane:

Paparazzi agency Backgrid TV are the one's lurking around the set. This is the original in HQ with the stunt guy drop plus additional footage with the gyrocam chopper circling

Bookmark their channel
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,273
    Am I the only one seeing this, but doesn't this stunt reveal that we are going to get Shatterhand after all?

Bond entering the Shatterhand lair, killing Blofeld, then escaping from the rooftop and plunging to a cliff hanger ending.

Amnesia ridden ending maybe? Bond goes off to Russia, not knowing who he is. This wraps up the Craig era, and sets it up nicely for the brilliant TMWTGG opening with a new actor in Bond 26.

The speaker have a golden voice btw. He must see so much of the filming (even previous Bond) that he must be a interresting guy to interview lol.
    Am I the only one seeing this, but doesn't this stunt reveal that we are going to get Shatterhand after all?

Bond entering the Shatterhand lair, killing Blofeld, then escaping from the rooftop and plunging to a cliff hanger ending.

Amnesia ridden ending maybe? Bond goes off to Russia, not knowing who he is. This wraps up the Craig era, and sets it up nicely for the brilliant TMWTGG opening with a new actor in Bond 26.

Loos like Bond leaps from the bridge (for whatever reason), so he must have an idea how to survive the fall. That doesn't look like a plunge by accident. Plus, we see the gunmen point their guns down from the bridge, evidently trying to spot Bond. However, we have had the rumour of a potential ambiguous ending - is Bond dead or alive??? - and I wonder if it's going to be more From Russia With Love than YOLT.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Loos like Bond leaps from the bridge (for whatever reason), so he must have an idea how to survive the fall. That doesn't look like a plunge by accident. Plus, we see the gunmen point their guns down from the bridge, evidently trying to spot Bond. However, we have had the rumour of a potential ambiguous ending - is Bond dead or alive??? - and I wonder if it's going to be more From Russia With Love than YOLT.

YOLT would make more sense, as that would tie in with Fleming for this film and the PTS of the next one, assuming EON continue the story arc of YOLT/TMWTGG.

Plus the way this looks, Bond plunging to his death seems more in line with the YOLT novel too. Gunmen chasing Bond could be Shatterhand's gunmen, so that doesn't mean it deviates from the novel too radically either. I remember there being guards in Blofeld's castle of death.
    Just wanna point that you can clearly see the stunt guy/'Craig double' grabbing a rope with his left hand the second he drops which indicates he's fleeing for his life, and not suicidal at all or plunging to his death unless the rope breaks of course.

• RC7RC7

YOLT would make more sense, as that would tie in with Fleming for this film and the PTS of the next one, assuming EON continue the story arc of YOLT/TMWTGG.

Plus the way this looks, Bond plunging to his death seems more in line with the YOLT novel too. Gunmen chasing Bond could be Shatterhand's gunmen, so that doesn't mean it deviates from the novel too radically either. I remember there being guards in Blofeld's castle of death.

I think this is unlikely, personally. Reminds me of the chat about SP ‘clearly’ being a modern day OHMSS. The ‘Shatterhand’ rumours were started by the fan base and peddled by the media. There may be some vague connectivity in terms of elements or themes, but as far as I can see this isn’t an adaptation of YOLT.

You know I'd love a YOLT end and a TMWTGG type start for Bond 26 with a new Bond, but somehow I can't see Eon doing it quite that way. We're not seeing Bond plunge to his death in those clips, the stunt-man performs a deliberate leap which means Bond must know he have a chance of surviving the drop. It could be as simple as trees breaking his fall.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 1,314
    @jetsetwilly I think you are missing something here - you can clearly see the stunt man grab a rope as he jumps to break his fall.
    Matt007 wrote: »
    @jetsetwilly I think you are missing something here - you can clearly see the stunt man grab a rope as he jumps to break his fall.

Yes, well spotted. I missed that on a small screen, but u can see it clearly full screen.

• edited August 2019 Posts: 847
    New (pretty useless) photo/post from CJF insta :

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Contraband wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Unexpected guest: Ralph Fiennes is in Matera since Wednesday. We'll see him very soon... Aston Martin.

Source from Italy, obviously. I knew hours ago and I've tried to confirm it. Take it like you want...

@ggl007 Sassilive had an Bond-related article yesterday august 21th about a yacht with secret VIP-guests onboard. Could Ralph Fiennes be one of the guests? Plus they also suggested that stylist Giorgio Armani might be onboard, and perhaps even joining B25.

Very probable the Fiennes part...
    Tech prod. company involved - Matera NTTD office camp:

Look at the trailer. It says Alpha Grip. They rent out all kinds of grips likes jib arms, cranes, camera cars, remote heads, etc. Based at Shepperton Studios and Pinewood Studios, Wales. Not the first time they been involved in a Bondmovie:

zHPZYqX.png

website
    Instagram

• edited August 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Interesting to note that IMDB have remaned the 'No Time to Die' (1958) to 'Tank Force' on their website:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052271/?ref_=tttr_tr_tt

Is this Eon's attempt to rewrite history - or a decision from IMDB?

Personally, the chief reason the title has won me over slightly is the connection to this movie.

very cool image.

Also confirmation that Cary is in Italy.................? Could be Scotland
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,497
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28788026/james-bond-aston-martin-db5-spied/

Caranddriver knows who we are ;-)

Edit: there have been various AM models with the V8 Vantage name. Silly me.
    james-bond-hotel-balcony-piazzetta-pascoli-2.jpg
    james-bond-hotel-balcony-piazzetta-pascoli.jpg

Sassi-article with prod. info
    "A map to discover the set areas of the filming of the movie Bond 25 in the Sassi districts and in the historical center of the city. The production company Lotus has created a web portal, which will be online from tonight, in which information on the processing of the film (www.infolotusmatera.com) will be conveyed.

From 25 August to 21 September the Miccolis urban bus lines may be subject to changes compared to normal service hours. Also in this case, all the necessary information (www. Https://www.busmiccolis.it/tipologia-fermata/urbane/) can be found on the website of the company that manages public transport.

From August 25th to September 17th 2019, those authorized to park in the Sassi districts will have free parking spaces at the Via Saragat car park and will be able to take advantage of a free shuttle service, in areas that are inaccessible due to filming, from 6 am to midnight. A similar service has been arranged for those authorized to stop in Via Duni and in Via Stigliani, on the days when the roads will be affected by the slam.

The loading and unloading of goods, in the Rioni Sassi and in the Historic Center, will be authorized from 6 am to 7.30 am limited to the set areas.

In the photo the balcony hotel that is being built in the area in front of Piazzetta Pascoli in the Sassi of Matera and some trials with the Aston Martin in Piazza San Pietro Caveoso in view of the first day of shooting scheduled for Sunday 25 August"

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Thanks @Contraband
    You're the best. :-bd
    Sunday, two days from now, it all begins!! Now for some of those notorious italian paparazzos ;)
    JamesCraig wrote: »

But the V8 Vantage II does not appear in NTTD... :-?

"Spies from the 007-obsessed site MI6-HQ"

LOL
    00Agent wrote: »
    Thanks @Contraband
    You're the best. :-bd

8-}
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Interesting to note that IMDB have remaned the 'No Time to Die' (1958) to 'Tank Force' on their website:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052271/?ref_=tttr_tr_tt

Is this Eon's attempt to rewrite history - or a decision from IMDB?

Personally, the chief reason the title has won me over slightly is the connection to this movie.

very cool image.

Also confirmation that Cary is in Italy.................? Could be Scotland

"Tank Force" was the US release title to presumably IMDB has just gone with the "domestic" title.
    Contraband wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »

But the V8 Vantage II does not appear in NTTD... :-?

"Spies from the 007-obsessed site MI6-HQ"

LOL

So true ;)
    New angle: Gyrocam chopper in action

And two pics from the graveyard-set

Not the best quality...