No Time to Die production thread

Comments

James Bond Producers, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli today released the official title of the 25th James Bond adventure, NO TIME TO DIE. The film, from Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions, Metro Goldwyn Mayer Studios (MGM), and Universal Pictures International is directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga (Beasts of No Nation, True Detective) and stars Daniel Craig, who returns for his fifth film as Ian Fleming’s James Bond 007. Written by Neal Purvis & Robert Wade (SPECTRE, SKYFALL), Cary Joji Fukunaga, Scott Z. Burns (Contagion, The Bourne Ultimatum) and Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Killing Eve, Fleabag) NO TIME TO DIE is currently in production. The film will be released globally from April 3, 2020 in the UK through Universal Pictures International and in the US on April 8, from MGM via their United Artists Releasing banner.

NO TIME TO DIE also stars Rami Malek, Léa Seydoux, Lashana Lynch, Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris, Billy Magnussen, Ana de Armas, Rory Kinnear, David Dencik, Dali Benssalah with Jeffrey Wright and Ralph Fiennes.

In NO TIME TO DIE, Bond has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica. His peace is short-lived when his old friend Felix Leiter from the CIA turns up asking for help. The mission to rescue a kidnapped scientist turns out to be far more treacherous than expected, leading Bond onto the trail of a mysterious villain armed with dangerous new technology.

Other members of the creative team are; Composer Dan Romer, Director of Photography Linus Sandgren, Editors Tom Cross and Elliot Graham, Production Designer Mark Tildesley, Costume Designer Suttirat Larlarb, Hair and Make up Designer Daniel Phillips, Supervising Stunt Coordinator Olivier Schneider, Stunt Coordinator Lee Morrison and Visual Effects Supervisor Charlie Noble. Returning members to the team are; 2nd Unit Director Alexander Witt, Special Effects and Action Vehicles Supervisor Chris Corbould and Casting Director Debbie McWilliams.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Ok this title is awesome. :)>- =D> \m/
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,336
    Third time they use the word "Die" or "Dies" in the title.
    Edit: My bad it is the fourth actually.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Third time they use the word "Die" or "Dies" in the title
    Third time's a charm ;)

In 25 films, that’s ok.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited August 2019 Posts: 1,884
    So we agree on NTTD?

LOOOOOOOVE this title btw.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I can just imagine Rami Maleck saying "this is no time to die... Mr Bond mwuahahahahahaha" :D
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,497
    Mallory wrote: »
    I can just imagine Rami Maleck saying "this is no time to die... Mr Bond mwuahahahahahaha" :D

Creepy Rami is creepy. :D
    There is another way to die
    Tomorrow?
    Never?
    Another day?
    I like the title. Sure it’s like bond bingo, but after 25 films that’s what we expect.
  • RC7RC7

Fourth, my friend.
  • Irish007Irish007 Dublin
    I'm liking the title. Glad it isn't Shatterhand even if it would have been a nod to the literary Bond.
    Worth noting in the press release:

- Purvis & Wade still having main script credit, followed by Fukunaga, Burns and PWB.
    - Seydoux being the top billed Bond girl, followed by Lynch...
    JamesCraig wrote: »

"There are worse things than dying, hombre..."
    00Agent wrote: »

Hehehe...

I meant that as a compliment btw.
    NO TIME TO DIE!!! I like I like
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Awwwwwwwwwwesome =D>
    RC7 wrote: »

Fourth, my friend.

I know ;) Just edited my post...
    Gosh I'm late in the news! Just saw it. Great title! And better than anything we came up with so far.

What took them so long?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Noticed that the twitter announcement also mentions that James Bond is still indeed 007.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Hmmm I dunno. I could warm to it if that title design was better. Sorry guys, not a fan :/
    00Agent wrote: »

Hehehe...

I meant that as a compliment btw.

#MeToo

and on that note, i love the implications of the title to all the SJW's and usual naysayers.
    And also to the press. It's a great statement.
    The title font...
    giphy.gif
    Love the title, and the reveal.
  • I will warm to the title.. but I love the font used. We have a title AT LAST! :D
    antovolk wrote: »
    The title font...
    giphy.gif

Well, i love it, and the movie features boats. Close enough...
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    That's a damn cool Bond movie title.

Has this been used before in a novel somewhere like as line or taken from a dialogue, chapter title, etc? Asking all you experts and hardcore fans??

BTW: The presentation is also pretty cool with the design and Craig walking. Short and effective

Font type: Futura Black

Red_Snow wrote: »

A nice homage then. I remember Purvis and Wade always do a search to see if a potential title has been taken. So this was obviously deliberate. Kind of cool if you ask me
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    GREAT title! Finally!

After all those Eclipse and Genoma rumors I was ready to be disappointed, but No Time to Die is cool and feels Bondian. Really like it.