Comments

• manovermanover uk
    I think you have misread the article..
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 832
    LiamHC wrote: »
    Minion wrote: »
    00Agent wrote: »
    Phoebe W-B new interview : “I’ve finished my writing duties, and I guess I won’t know until I see the movie [B25] myself,” she said. https://www.thewrap.com/how-fleabag-creator-star-phoebe-waller-bridge-took-a-journey-from-hot-priest-to-james-bond/

And what did she try to bring to Bond? “The same thing I’d want to bring to anything, really. Just truthful, witty, sexy characters with a heart.”

"Feminist agenda"
    giphy.webp

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt on that, but I am a bit concerned.
    What works of hers have you seen that makes you concerned?

I haven't seen anything that's why I'm taking her at face value. I shouldn't judge her really, only I've read from various people in the media that she's been brought in to "correct" the Bond films.
    Since when do we give much weight to that. Believe it or not, not everyone approaches a project with an agenda.
    Also, this dude is hinting that something is happening in Norway. He's got one hell of an ugly lavender shirt on. I'm not a big fan of his, find his style a little insufferable. But know others enjoy him.

He was in Norway earlier this summer. It's probably some videos covering that visit.

Here's a video from the Hakadal location:

So, it looks like both Bond and Billy drive the Volante... Maybe 007/not 007 steals it from him. Hope so.

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Phoebe W-B new interview : “I’ve finished my writing duties, and I guess I won’t know until I see the movie [B25] myself,” she said. https://www.thewrap.com/how-fleabag-creator-star-phoebe-waller-bridge-took-a-journey-from-hot-priest-to-james-bond/

And what did she try to bring to Bond? “The same thing I’d want to bring to anything, really. Just truthful, witty, sexy characters with a heart.”

"Feminist agenda"
    giphy.webp

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I haven't seen anything that's why I'm taking her at face value. I shouldn't judge her really, only I've read from various people in the media that she's been brought in to "correct" the Bond films.
    I take it you are talking about so called 'journalists'? Well, there's your Problem then.

I stopped reading anything in the press in regards to B25 month ago (or rather, stopped believing). If anything, i just trust in people's own quotes (if printed in full and not taken out of context) and in her case she's been saying over and over that her contribution is minimal (she didn't write the story, and didn't add any characters) and that she wants Bond to stay just the way he is.
    mtm wrote: »
    She would be a good M, wouldn't she? But probably a bit too similar to Dench (although obviously lots younger! :) )
    If Ralph Fiennes steps away after B25 she'll be my pick. It may help to avoid comparisons to Dench with a new actor playing Bond.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »

"Feminist agenda"
    giphy.webp

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Since when do we give much weight to that. Believe it or not, not everyone approaches a project with an agenda.

James Correct: The New Chapter
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

"Feminist agenda"
    giphy.webp

Sorry, couldn't resist.

James Correct: The New Chapter

"Forget anything and everything you've seen before... please"
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

"Feminist agenda"
    giphy.webp

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Well, she was brought in to improve the script, so I guess that’s sort of her job.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    General reminder

What EON says: Phoebe Waller-Bridge is one of the writers of Bond 25. The story will feature Nomi, played by Lashana Lynch and Paloma, played by Ana de Armas.

The facts: Phoebe Waller-Bridge has been asked to re-write parts of the script of Bond 25. She is now done with that re-write.

Statements from reputable sources: Waller-Bridge was brought in on the request of Daniel Craig, and has been writing for longer than previously thought. She was brought in to re-write the female characters, bring more humour into it and explain the main plot about genetic warfare better.

The Speculation: Waller-Bridge has brought the Bond girls "into the 21st century" and "the plot will have Bond dealing with his womanising ways. There's also a female 007, played by Lashana Lynch"

Fact: Waller-Bridge herself has not commented on any of these things directly. She's been deliberately vague.

The Mass Hysteria: OMG! They're changing Bond! Craig is being replaced by a female black woman of the opposite sex!!! Unthinkable! Unspeakable! Waller-Bridge is really destroying the franchise!

Conclusion: We don't know how the characters will behave on the screen, and how they have been written until we see the film. No need to burn the movie before seeing it. Nothing is confirmed by EON. Waller-Bridge is not just re-writing all the female characters, she wrote other plot elements too.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited August 2019 Posts: 7,979
    Every Bond should have a more outlandish Sci-fi film, like YOLT, Moonraker or DAD. I hope the rumours are true and the movie will be about cloning or genetic meddling. That's atleast an interesting starting point. I only wish the whole movie could be solely focused on the actual plot and mission this time. I don't like the feminist undertones that seem to be hovering about the production. I don't need another movie of Bond losing a step, but it seems like it's the only story they know how to tell with this Bond. I also hate that I'm now having to be careful about when to say Bond, and when to say 007. The two should be synonymous and I remain to be convinced that the injected politics won't be this films tsunami surfing, or Brofeld, which audiences cringe at in years to come.
    Uhh

"Feminist agenda"
    giphy.webp

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I want to believe you ... but we do have The joker coming up in October and that film teams so heavy of political agenda I am surprised CNN is not covering the premier...

I will be honest I am approaching bond 25 with hopeful skepticism
    General reminder

What EON says: Phoebe Waller-Bridge is one of the writers of Bond 25. The story will feature Nomi, played by Lashana Lynch and Paloma, played by Ana de Armas.

The facts: Phoebe Waller-Bridge has been asked to re-write parts of the script of Bond 25. She is now done with that re-write.

Statements from reputable sources: Waller-Bridge was brought in on the request of Daniel Craig, and has been writing for longer than previously thought. She was brought in to re-write the female characters, bring more humour into it and explain the main plot about genetic warfare better.

The Speculation: Waller-Bridge has brought the Bond girls "into the 21st century" and "the plot will have Bond dealing with his womanising ways. There's also a female 007, played by Lashana Lynch"

Fact: Waller-Bridge herself has not commented on any of these things directly. She's been deliberately vague.

The Mass Hysteria: OMG! They're changing Bond! Craig is being replaced by a female black woman of the opposite sex!!! Unthinkable! Unspeakable! Waller-Bridge is really destroying the franchise!

Conclusion: We don't know how the characters will behave on the screen, and how they have been written until we see the film. No need to burn the movie before seeing it. Nothing is confirmed by EON. Waller-Bridge is not just re-writing all the female characters, she wrote other plot elements too.

Great post
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Uhh

"Feminist agenda"
    giphy.webp

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I want to believe you ... but we do have The joker coming up in October and that film teams so heavy of political agenda I am surprised CNN is not covering the premier...

I will be honest I am approaching bond 25 with hopeful skepticism

I’m confused where people are angry about PWB’s appointment? She’s hilarious and a feminist. So what? We should all be feminisms.

Plus, even if there are some on these forums with a more ‘traditional’ mindset, surely PWB’s comments over the last few months have been the most reassuring and exciting. I suggest anyone over-thinking the whole ‘female writer’ thing go read those interviews again.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    General reminder

Great post @DeerAtTheGates nice to see some sense in amongst the whingeing and whining.
    Far too many 'now now now' posters. Reminds me of the nut jobs that wanted to boycott CR before seeing the film.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    General reminder

Post of the year ^:)^
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Every Bond should have a more outlandish Sci-fi film, like YOLT, Moonraker or DAD. I hope the rumours are true and the movie will be about cloning or genetic meddling. That's atleast an interesting starting point. I only wish the whole movie could be solely focused on the actual plot and mission this time. I don't like the feminist undertones that seem to be hovering about the production. I don't need another movie of Bond losing a step, but it seems like it's the only story they know how to tell with this Bond. I also hate that I'm now having to be careful about when to say Bond, and when to say 007. The two should be synonymous and I remain to be convinced that the injected politics won't be this films tsunami surfing, or Brofeld, which audiences cringe at in years to come.

The corpse of Ian Fleming disagrees.
    General reminder

@DeerAtTheGates
    My congratulations on a post well-written!
    DarthDimi wrote: »

The corpse of Ian Fleming disagrees.

And I wholeheartedly agree with the corpse ;)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    General reminder

Love your work. Bravo.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Name Davide Rubino, according to the photo

southstones_
    New experience 💪
    #007 #matera #movie #newexperience
    #southitaly #ciak
    lgravela
    Sarai il protagonista?

Edit: Lotus production is a italian production company. Pretty cool name: Lotus.

In what movie have I seen a Lotus before. Hmm...
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,018
    Wohoo!!

"aeroportidipuglia
    BOND 25 È APPENA ATTERRATO 🎬🎬🎬
    Il prossimo film di #007 😎 sarà girato anche a #Gravina in Puglia e #Matera. 🎥🎥🎥
    La produzione è appena atterrata a #Bari con questo Volo. ✈️
    Una nuova grande produzione internazionale, un’altra grandiosa opportunità di visibilità e di promozione su scala planetaria per la #Puglia.
    Grande gioco di Squadra. 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻 #aeroportidipuglia #apuliafilmcommission #pugliapromozione #puglia365 #materacapitale #weareinpuglia #jamesbond"

Translation:

BOND 25 IS JUST LANDED
    The next film of # 007 will also be shot in #Gravina in Puglia and #Matera. 🎥🎥🎥
    Production has just landed at #Bari with this flight. ✈️ A great new international production, another great opportunity for visibility and promotion on a global scale for #Puglia. Great Team game

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    63rd BFI London Film Festival American Express Gala is European Premiere of Rian Johnson’s Knives Out
    https://bfi.org.uk/news-opinion/news-bfi/announcements/63rd-bfi-london-film-festival-american-express-gala-european

'Knives Out' will receive its European Premiere on Tuesday, 8 October, 2019 at the ODEON Luxe Leicester Square. Rian Johnson and some cast members are expected to attend.

Wonder if Daniel and Ana will attend?
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited August 2019 Posts: 524
    Thank you for the compliments, everyone! Although I'm glad we can talk about actual filming in this topic for the coming weeks. Leave the endless discussions about the whole PWB situation behind us (for a while) Thanks for the plane pictures, @Contraband! I'm overly excited!
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Wonder if Daniel and Ana will attend?

They're already covering themselves by saying "some of the cast", interesting! I don't know if Craig will go. He might be stuck on some filming. And he's one of those people who wouldn't want to detract from the film that's premiering, so to avoid that the Knives Out premiere becomes the Big Daniel Craig/James Bond Show, he might skip this one.

De Armas, on the other hand, might take any publicity she might get. Plus, she can talk about other upcoming films aside from B25. Besides Knives Out, of course. And she might not actually know much about the other scenes recorded for B25, so the press won't bother her as much.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    General reminder

Excellent post, Sir! Exactly what I am thinking.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,400
    New: GQ profile on Rami Malek featuring quotes from Cary Fukunaga
    https://www.gq.com/story/rami-malek-cover-profile-september-2019

rami-malek-cover-gq-september-2019-01-lede.jpg

You can't ascribe moral qualities to a person's appearance without sounding like a 4chan eugenicist, but you can draw connections between how something looks and how it makes other people feel. For example, a study recently came out that explained why dogs appear sympathetic to humans. (It's because they have eyebrow muscles: levator anguli oculi medialis.) Evidence suggests that dogs who use their eyebrow muscles are more likely to get adopted from shelters and elicit “Aww”-type sounds. Malek's equivalent are “those eyes,” as Tom Hanks pointed out. “Rami possesses a magnetism and physical presence unlike any other actor I know,” Cary Fukunaga, director of the new Bond film, added. “He has this rare ability to tap into that live wire that makes us human.”

Such a huge fan of this guy's style! He's such an eccentric and he looks so cool whilst doing it. Hugely excited to see him in this film. He's by fa the most exciting element of Bond 25.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    He's gonna be great. Just as Cary said, he has such a great presence. In Mr. Robot he is just extraordinary, and with Freddie he nailed a mammoth task.
    I'm most excited about David Dencik personally, but he'll probably just play a minor role.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I can't wait to see what both Malek and Fukunaga deliver :)
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I know people are probably going to groan but I'm kind of intrigued how Blofeld will fit in all this.
    Hopefully rami steals the show ala heath ledger or Javier bardem
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2019 Posts: 5,836
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    I know people are probably going to groan but I'm kind of intrigued how Blofeld will fit in all this.
    I'd only be concerned if Mendes was returning. With new writers on this and a new director, I'm actually quite intrigued on what's going to be done with him.