Coincidence Theory

Comments

• The Clintons? Really? "Oh just kidding" (only not really.) Try a suspect who actually holds some power at the current moment in time & you'll probably be a little closer to the mark.

J'accuse: Colonel Mustard...in the Billiard Room...with the Steely Dan.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    The Clintons? Really? "Oh just kidding" (only not really.) Try a suspect who actually holds some power at the current moment in time & you'll probably be a little closer to the mark.

J'accuse: Colonel Mustard...in the Billiard Room...with the Steely Dan.

they are all friends behind the public facade. working together to protect their own collective power - no problem.
    At this point coincidence theory seems indistinguishable from conspiracy theory.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,564
    As of about a half hour ago, US Attorney General William Barr has announced that he will be holding an investigation into Epstein's suicide. Conspiradence? The Fix is well and truly In. Billy B did so well summarizing the Mueller report for us, of COURSE we can believe everything he has to say on this troubling little matter......
    Revelator wrote: »
    At this point coincidence theory seems indistinguishable from conspiracy theory.

interesting point - the term conspiracy theory - was created by the cia in the 60s to 'alienate' alternative narratives. That's why I never use it.

The CIA Coined the Term Conspiracy Theorist In 1967

That all changed in the 1960s.

Specifically, in April 1967, the CIA wrote a dispatch which coined the term “conspiracy theories” … and recommended methods for discrediting such theories. The dispatch was marked “psych” – short for “psychological operations” or disinformation – and “CS” for the CIA’s “Clandestine Services” unit.

The dispatch was produced in responses to a Freedom of Information Act request by the New York Times in 1976.

The dispatch states:

2. This trend of opinion is a matter of concern to the U.S. government, including our organization.

The aim of this dispatch is to provide material countering and discrediting the claims of the conspiracy theorists, so as to inhibit the circulation of such claims in other countries. Background information is supplied in a classified section and in a number of unclassified attachments.

3. Action. We do not recommend that discussion of the [conspiracy] question be initiated where it is not already taking place. Where discussion is active addresses are requested:

a. To discuss the publicity problem with and friendly elite contacts (especially politicians and editors) , pointing out that the [official investigation of the relevant event] made as thorough an investigation as humanly possible, that the charges of the critics are without serious foundation, and that further speculative discussion only plays into the hands of the opposition. Point out also that parts of the conspiracy talk appear to be deliberately generated by … propagandists. Urge them to use their influence to discourage unfounded and irresponsible speculation.

b. To employ propaganda assets to and refute the attacks of the critics. Book reviews and feature articles are particularly appropriate for this purpose. The unclassified attachments to this guidance should provide useful background material for passing to assets. Our ploy should point out, as applicable, that the critics are (I) wedded to theories adopted before the evidence was in, (II) politically interested, (III) financially interested, (IV) hasty and inaccurate in their research, or (V) infatuated with their own theories.

4. In private to media discussions not directed at any particular writer, or in attacking publications which may be yet forthcoming, the following arguments should be useful:

a. No significant new evidence has emerged which the Commission did not consider.

b. Critics usually overvalue particular items and ignore others. They tend to place more emphasis on the recollections of individual witnesses (which are less reliable and more divergent–and hence offer more hand-holds for criticism) …

c. Conspiracy on the large scale often suggested would be impossible to conceal in the United States, esp. since informants could expect to receive large royalties, etc.

d. Critics have often been enticed by a form of intellectual pride: they light on some theory and fall in love with it; they also scoff at the Commission because it did not always answer every question with a flat decision one way or the other.

f. As to charges that the Commission’s report was a rush job, it emerged three months after the deadline originally set. But to the degree that the Commission tried to speed up its reporting, this was largely due to the pressure of irresponsible speculation already appearing, in some cases coming from the same critics who, refusing to admit their errors, are now putting out new criticisms.

g. Such vague accusations as that “more than ten people have died mysteriously” can always be explained in some natural way ….

5. Where possible, counter speculation by encouraging reference to the Commission’s Report itself. Open-minded foreign readers should still be impressed by the care, thoroughness, objectivity and speed with which the Commission worked. Reviewers of other books might be encouraged to add to their account the idea that, checking back with the report itself, they found it far superior to the work of its critics.
  • This "dispatch" cites a "Commission" several times but your post never specifies which commission the dispatch is striving to counter. Some of us may not know, so just FYI those folks: the CIA is talking about the Warren Commission, whose conclusion was that John F. Kennedy was assassinated by a lone gunman, one Lee Harvey Oswald. This conclusion has been...shall we say, debated?... ever since. And the CIA's involvement (or lack of same) in the Kennedy assassination has been just one subject of that wide-ranging debate.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    White Helmets pushed as evil is Russian propaganda, ongoing.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 12,459
    So a thread about conspiracy theories - what fun! ;) Get your tin foil hat here ...
    And for sure the bots have swarmed re Epstein and Clinton. It is laughable at this point that the alt right and ultra conservatives and further right than my dad ever was GOP will push this, and Seth Rich, and more total garbage over and over. But it's old now, so meh.

• An awareness of the original source of propaganda is an invaluable tool in the struggle against the enemies of western society. Thanks, @4Ever!
    To be clear how I feel about Epstein's sexual abuse and trafficking of underage girls - I want the truth out, with people named, and as much prosecution as is truly legally possible, to the fullest extent. Political party does not matter. And Ghislaine needs to be held accountable, soon. Again, I'm thankful New York is still continuing in this matter.

As far as him being found dead, we do not know the full details yet. Do I think he is dead? Yes (not whisked away to Saudi Arabia w/his fake passport). Do I think he committed suicide? Probably. Do I think he was enabled to do so? Yes, just as probably. Do I think somebody went into his cell and strung him up while he protested? Not really probable. Was he poisoned or anything else? Not ready to consider that yet, until after autopsy. And I don't consider it likely. Can we trust autopsy or anything Barr or Trump will say about his apparent suicide? I hope we can trust the autopsy, but Trump/Barr - not really, no. But I do hope we know the facts sooner rather than later.
    Another current theory is the "white replacement" idea, fermenting and pushed now by white supremists.
    (For those not familiar with these two sources I am copying here, Teri is an attorney and Asha is a former FBI special agent & lawyer.) You can click into the tweets below to get to all the other tweeted information connected.

All ties in with Russia and the NRA, etc.

Well, that's all more than enough for now. I'll bring more popcorn here tomorrow, if this thread is still open (doubtful).

• edited August 2019 Posts: 2,896

But they didn't coin the concept, did they? Conspiracy Theory--i.e., nonsense believed by people with dubious mental health--has been around long before 1967. The Protocols of Zion and the Popish Plot are the tip of a vast, dirty iceberg. And the first great conspiracy of the our time, the Kennedy Assasination, is increasingly looking like a bust after half a century. The Onion got it right.

But they didn't coin the concept, did they? Conspiracy Theory--i.e., nonsense believed by people with dubious mental health--has been around long before 1967. The Protocols of Zion and the Popish Plot are the tip of a vast, dirty iceberg. And the first great conspiracy of the our time, the Kennedy Assasination, is increasingly looking like a bust after half a century. The Onion got it right.

Who is owned by David Schafer...Epstein close friend and his investment company is funded by RIT Capital who are owned by the Rothchilds. What a coincidence?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,568
    Looks like Trump agrees with the conspiracy theory:

"Jefferey Epstein had information on Bill Clinton & now he's dead."

(The spelling mistake can, of course, be forgiven. We all know Trump isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, poor man.)

Someone else was keen to point out that,

"Trump is the president.
    Videos and pictures of trump partying with Epstein everywhere.
    So, trump is the one in power, but somehow the Clintons are responsible for Epstein's death.

How the (---) does that make any sense to anyone?"

Still, whoever gave orders to do what, I myself am left neither scared nor convinced that a "dark government" is working hard to inflict hardship and tragedy on us all. There's a difference between a sort of universal conspiracy against all that is good, and people in power abusing said power to their own benefit, including the elimination of people standing in their way. I too believe that there was a lot more to the Kennedy assassination than merely LHO. Throughout history, murder in the highest political ranks has been more common practice than exception. When studying the Roman republic and empire, I noticed exactly how "common practice" such eliminations were. As such, I wouldn't be surprised if Epstein's death has more to it than a mere suicide. But once again, that doesn't make me lose a lot of sleep at night. I'm a law-abiding atheist with zero political ambitions, I pay my taxes, I don't cause any trouble. I'm sure the government, even a fictional "dark government", likes me. ;-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2019 Posts: 13,894
    Clearly, Hilary is Trump's Hatchet Man.... or Woman.

"Hillary, take of that."
    "Yes, leader."
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,564
    Because auto accidents, plane crashes, and drug dealers getting killed is soooooo darned mysterious....

"Ruled a suicide, ruled a suicide, ruled a suicide." These sorts of rulings are generally done by the local coroner. Which would mean LOTS of different local coroners involved here. But they're ALL in on the plot.

Still, Ian Fleming has my favorite observation re: coincidence. From "Goldfinger" -- "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action."

And twenty-seven times... is obviously Hillary Clinton.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I too believe that there was a lot more to the Kennedy assassination than merely LHO. Throughout history, murder in the highest political ranks has been more common practice than exception. When studying the Roman republic and empire, I noticed exactly how "common practice" such eliminations were.

When studying American history, one tends to notice that Presidents have almost always been assassinated, or nearly assassinated by kooks and weirdos who weren't part of a government conspiracy: hence John Wilkes Booth, Charles Guiteau, Leon Czolgosz, John Flammang Schrank, Squeaky Fromme, John Hinckley Jr., etc. As fas as I'm concerned, Oswald isn't much different, and if he was, we'd have known by now, a half-century after the murder.

In any case, human perversity, silliness, and incompetence tend to explain many "conspiracies." Because our species is loathe to think grand events can hinge on such lowly qualities, we instead imagine grand, insanely complicated plots by cunning masterminds, and thus pay perverse self-tribute to humankind, vainest of all the apes.

I too believe that there was a lot more to the Kennedy assassination than merely LHO. Throughout history, murder in the highest political ranks has been more common practice than exception. When studying the Roman republic and empire, I noticed exactly how "common practice" such eliminations were.

When studying American history, one tends to notice that Presidents have almost always been assassinated, or nearly assassinated by kooks and weirdos who weren't part of a government conspiracy: hence John Wilkes Booth, Charles Guiteau, Leon Czolgosz, John Flammang Schrank, Squeaky Fromme, John Hinckley Jr., etc. As fas as I'm concerned, Oswald isn't much different, and if he was, we'd have known by now, a half-century after the murder.

In any case, human perversity, silliness, and incompetence tend to explain many "conspiracies." Because our species is loathe to think grand events can hinge on such lowly qualities, we instead imagine grand, insanely complicated plots by cunning masterminds, and thus pay perverse self-tribute to humankind, vainest of all the apes.

Post of the day! :)
    Well, we can spin conspiracy theories all day (Q anyone?) if that's our blame game.

I read this tweet and two songs popped into my mind.

"Will it go round in circles ..."
    and
    "Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right ... "

Aside from politics, there are so many conspiracies against science.
    Is the earth flat? The Flat Earth Society said it has members all around the globe. ;)
    One tweet and two articles on the shape of our planet ...

https://www.popsci.com/10-ways-you-can-prove-earth-is-round/
    https://bigthink.com/surprising-science/carl-sagan-and-bill-nye-debunk-flat-earth-theory

Post of the day! :)

^^Don't be afraid to face the facts, and never lose your ability to ask the questions: Why? and How?
    Facts. Now that's important. B-)
    Face the facts: check.
    Ask, why and how: check.
    Then proceed to automatically presume it's a dark conspiracy: no.

Steven_Hyde_InacnMgaststrtdm_MV5BMjM1MDg2Nj.png
  • Okay, this one goes REAL deep: The Jeffrey Epstein - MOSAD connection. https://www.mintpressnews.com/mega-group-maxwells-mossad-spy-story-jeffrey-epstein-scandal/261172/
    edited August 2019 Posts: 222
    Phase 4 Water.
    Free energy.
    Life Enhancing Properties.
    Killed Off by Established Science and childish wannabees who love control and power. They are dangerous, vain, vile types who supress free thought and discussion.

Why has it been held back? Simple. It means freedom for every one to enjoy free energy and that scares the 'Mega' Group; the 1 percenters of the 1 percenters. Their control of us will be under threat and our true potentials as humans will be fulfiled.

What is Phase 4 or EZ Water?

It literally flows through your body. It is charged water that can create and deliver energy, and can also hold information. Yes water can hold information. Imagine the possibilites.

• Of course the water in your body holds information. How much alcohol you've had to drink in the last few hours, for example...
    A thread to enjoy conspiracy theories is rather fun.
    Here is a list and link for a bunch of them:

Or chemtrails, an evergreen one ... ;)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    To deny the Clintons were involved, is a conspiracy in itself. I mean, how would you know they aren't involved?

Has Jimmy Saville at the PeadBC taught people nothing? You don't know what people do behind closed doors. Who knows what connections Epstein had, and what lengths would they do to cover their own arses.
This discussion has been closed.