Post a picture of yourself! :P

Comments

• MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Thanks chaps!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Congratulations, @MayDayDiVicenzo! What did you graduate in if I may ask? :)
    Dragonpol wrote: »

That would be a BA in Human Geography and Environment!
    Well done mate ! Looking cool there and so you should do !! @MayDayDiVicenzo
    edited July 2019 Posts: 17,727

Well done! I studied Geography up to 'A' Level. I went on to get a BA in Comined Arts (Major History and Minor English Lit) and after that a Masters in Legal Science, a Law conversion course.

Well done! I studied Geography up to 'A' Level. I went on to get a BA in Comined Arts (Major History and Minor English Lit) and after that a Masters in Legal Science, a Law conversion course.

Ah I have a few friends wanting to do similar with a law conversion. I’ll be continuing Human Geography for my MSc.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What is human geography?
    What is human geography?

That was my very first essay. I could answer you that in 1000 words.
    What is human geography?

I always preferred human geography to physical geography myself, but I'm a historian at heart.
    What is human geography?

I always preferred human geography to physical geography myself, but I'm a historian at heart.

It’s surprising how often history and geography (especially human) intersects, and often in the least-expected ways. My department will be providing a joint course with History from next year.
    What is human geography?

It’s surprising how often history and geography (especially human) intersects, and often in the least-expected ways. My department will be providing a joint course with History from next year.

Yes, I think that's why I preferred human geography. I remember we learned about Idi Amin ejecting all of the Asian minority from Uganda for example and I even used that in an exam answer!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Shark Week is coming up on the Discovery Channel. nearly two years ago I dove with the Great Whites off of Guadalupe Island. What a thrill...

XKYIKbL.jpg

PewvF5Y.jpg

talos7 wrote: »
    Shark Week is coming up on the Discovery Channel. nearly two years ago I dove with the Great Whites off of Guadalupe Island. What a thrill...

XKYIKbL.jpg

PewvF5Y.jpg

Talos, that looks incredible buddy. hats off to you for doing that!
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Further evidence that @talos7 is in fact...James Bond.

That is amazing! Getting serious Thunderball and For Your Eyes Only vibes off those photos!
    Wow @talos7 ,that takes balls - well done and what a fantastic couple of photos.
    The shark looks majestic !!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    YIKES, @talos7! Looks like an amazing experience though!
    This was an incredible experience; while they definitely need to be respected, and approached with caution, Great Whites aren't the mindless killers seen in movies. They are in credibly majestic animals .

This is also a very safe experience and I highly recommend that if anyone has a desire to do it, go for it, you will not regret it.
  • Slazenger7Slazenger7 Gothenburg, Sweden
    VQj8CZo.jpg

Me on Vauxhall Bridge in april earlier this year :)>-
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    hcW230c.jpg

Aren't we adorable?
    Slazenger7 wrote: »
    VQj8CZo.jpg

That's fake news!!! That building was destroyed!!!!! ;)
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    VQj8CZo.jpg

That's fake news!!! That building was destroyed!!!!! ;)

You see. We've been lied to all our lives! ;)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl

That's a great look - love the parka!
    14 Years ago today Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans. We spent the next week doing search and rescue, often cutting people out of the attics of their flooded homes.
    I was working with a great group of men, and even under horrible conditions there was some laughter and smiles.

lxtk60c.jpg

• GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    Hey everyone. This is me. Gustav_Graves. But now with a different name. And...fatter in the face:
    2CD8QNE.jpg
    edited August 2019 Posts: 17,727
    A warm welcome @GertGettler. It's good to see you back on here after a break away from the community. You haven't changed all that much as I recognised your picture instantly!

Does this mean that it's the end of your @Gustav_Graves account which was closed down at your request in November 2017? I was under the impression that you might return under your old username. I'm just curious.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    A warm welcome @GertGettler. It's good to see you back on here after a break away from the community. You haven't changed all that much as I recognised your picture instantly!

Does this mean that it's the end of your @Gustav_Graves account which was closed down at your request in November 2017? I was under the impression that you might return under your old username. I'm just curious.

I never liked the nickname Gustav_Graves anyway hehe. I choose it like more than a decade ago when CR was still in production. Time to start anew. But I won't be posting as 'vigurously' as in the old days :-).
    edited August 2019 Posts: 17,727

I never liked the nickname Gustav_Graves anyway hehe. I choose it like more than a decade ago when CR was still in production. Time to start anew. But I won't be posting as 'vigurously' as in the old days :-).

I see. I actually recall your saying you didn't like it as a username. Can't say I blame you either as I'm not a big fan of that particular character or of DAD, which ranks last for me.

You must go all the way back to the old KTBEU forums then. I was on CBn back then and only joined here in late 2012.

I suppose that a fresh start is no bad thing sometimes.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Glad to see you back, Gustav- @GertGettler I've been reading you on twitter, but it's easier here (or in Archivo007, you know ;))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hope the fat face means you are doing well, GG.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    After 17 years, we finally met. Mr. @ggl007 and I in Madrid this past weekend, during the Archivo007 VII Convention. A true gent, and an avid fan.

NM8fU3x.jpg