No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited June 2019 Posts: 4,400
    It would be a crying shame if de Armas was finished already. I know she likely has a substantial role in the Cuba scenes (for obvious reasons) but I'd hate for her to be the next Severine or Lucia Sciarra.

Lynch is fine but I'd be putting de Armas in pole position over her, every day of the week.

According to her Instagram it looks as though Ana de Armas is finished. Which would suggest she is involved in the Jamaica/Cuba scenes. She is now working on a new film.

Daniel Craig looks great. Though I can't help but be underwhelmed by the costumes. I'm not a huge fan of either Lashana or Naomi's outfits. Though Naomi's hair is a big improvement over how Mendes dressed her.

In terms of Lashana's look. I thought they were going to give her braids or have her wear her hair up after those Jamaica photos. It seems she will also have the short style she rocks in her everyday life. If (and it's a big 'if') that she is the new 007. Then this is a star-making turn in the making. That is a A LOT of pressure on Lynch.

I can imagine the final stinger in the teaser trailer going something like this:

M: Are you ready to get back to work, 007?
    Nomi: With pleasure, Sir.

sQYSlrI.jpg
    prince-charles-prince-of-wales-meets-british-actors-lashana-lynch-as-picture-id1151042201?s=2048x2048

Also, I suspect Mark Tildesley wasn't really allowed to imprint too much of a personality on the sets for the MI6 open-plan office, Q's lab and M/Moneypenny's offices as they are all rehashes from Spectre! I hope he come up with something more impressive on the original sets.

th?id=OIP.QHwVoMPZxb86i2WdxK_qUwHaDC&pid=Api&P=0&w=434&h=179
    Spectre_Screenshot_3143.jpg

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    It would be a crying shame if de Armas was finished already. I know she likely has a substantial role in the Cuba scenes (for obvious reasons) but I'd hate for her to be the next Severine or Lucia Sciarra.

Lynch is fine but I'd be putting de Armas in pole position over her, every day of the week.

Very much agree @CraigMooreOHMSS , would be a crying shame if Ana de Armas has the extended cameo role. She's an absolute stunner who should be front and centre.
    I hope her role is larger.
    As for the set visit by Prince Charles and the set photo's and videos. Perfect!
    EON have been doing this long enough to not let tabloid trash sink them. They've had no reason to respond to the so called press regarding recent issues with filming.
    Having a member of Royalty visiting the set is enough for the world press to get onboard, and no need to spread lies as they do so.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

According to her Instagram it looks as though Ana de Armas is finished. Which would suggest she is involved in the Jamaica/Cuba scenes. She is now working on a new film.

Daniel Craig looks great. Though I can't help but be underwhelmed by the costumes. I'm not a huge fan of either Lashana or Naomi's outfits. Though Naomi's hair is a big improvement over how Mendes dressed her.

In terms of Lashana's look. I thought they were going to give her braids or have her wear her hair up after those Jamaica photos. It seems she will also have the short style she rocks in her everyday life. If (and it's a big 'if') that she is the new 007. Then this is a star-making turn in the making. That is a A LOT of pressure on Lynch.

I can imagine the final stinger in the teaser trailer going something like this:

It's still possible that Armas will come back on set in the coming months.

Regarding Lynch, there's no way someone like her is goin to be the new 007 by the end of the film, if that's what you mean. That would be a kamikaze move. It's still a possibility that she replaced Bond during his retirement or maybe she's just another agent. Unfortunately she doesn't look badass. She looked more convincing in Captain Marvel. She definitely doesn't look like a double 0 given those pictures and videos.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited June 2019 Posts: 8,009

Yeah, I saw her Instagram. The only thing on her slate is Wasp Network, which is shooting scenes in LA after starting in February in Cuba. There's about a month's work to be done on that, I think.

So while she might not be doing any further work in Pinewood, it is certainly feasible that she could be involved in Italy or one of the other locations between now and October, depending of course on what side of the coin her character falls on.

As I said, it's mainly hope on my part, but I'd be very disappointed if they wasted her.
    Benny wrote: »

Very much agree @CraigMooreOHMSS , would be a crying shame if Ana de Armas has the extended cameo role. She's an absolute stunner who should be front and centre.
    I hope her role is larger.

Thank you @Benny, I'm very much of the same mind as you here. Not a slight against Lynch, but I'm just a big de Armas fan!

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Wowie - I get home from work to find a whole heap of amazing set pics! Weekend made!

Nice to see film crew continuing to get a nod in the films. One of the documents on M's desk says 'His excellency Mustafa Tyebkhan'. Tyebkhan works in the camera and electrical department (he worked as a digital imaging technician on Skyfall), although he's not credited to B25 on Imdb.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Slightly off topic, but in the deleted scene from SP, the woman on Bonds left always reminded me of Vogel from the Spectre meeting. Maybe it's just me.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 11,425
    I couldn't help noticing how Cary seemed to be lurking in the background looking a bit miserable. Must be insanely stressful for him.
    Getafix wrote: »
    I couldn't help noticing how Cary seemed to be lurking in the background looking a bit miserable. Must be insanely stressful for him.

I get the feeling that he, despite the reputation he has as a charmer, is a bit introverted by nature. A typical artist in personality.

However yes, this is the biggest thing he's ever done, with a big legacy behind it, so I'd imagine it is stressful. Rightfully so, I'd add. It should never be easy.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe

I noticed it too and I thought as the director he should have been the center of the scene. Well, there were some bigger names in the same room and I don't mean the Prince of Wales. Ralph Fiennes even mentioned Sam Mendes...
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    Tuxedo wrote: »

I noticed it too and I thought as the director he should have been the center of the scene. Well, there were some bigger names in the same room and I don't mean the Prince of Wales. Ralph Fiennes even mentioned Sam Mendes...

He is only American in the room) Even Charles was a little bit cold to him while greeting and was standing with his back in front of Cary (what, I think, was not so polite). Maybe Cary thought "may Brits speak with Brit")
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited June 2019 Posts: 5,185
    Pavlo wrote: »

He is only American in the room) Even Charles was a little bit cold to him while greeting and was standing with his back in front of Cary (what, I think, was not so polite). Maybe Cary thought "may Brits speak with Brit")

I thought the same. And what is he supposed to say to Charles anyway?
    "Hey dude, you play any games on PS?"
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    00Agent wrote: »

I thought the same. And what is he supposed to say to Charles anyway?
    "Hey dude, you play any games on PS?"

Knowing that crew had to work also at night that day, I think, Cary was not happy with this visit at all, considering it as not necessary pause for filming. Definitely it was idea of producers.

I'd imagine that he was thinking, like most of us would be, that when people visit the set of a James Bond film, their number one interest is going to be talking to the guy playing James Bond.
    I'm kinda glad they're sticking with the Mendes/Gassner sets. Don't want another QoS Minority Report moment.

Mendes is a bit of an unfair comparator. He was naturally a very gregarious and charismatic extrovert. He was a Cambridge-grad from the theatre luvvie scene. he thrived in these situations.

From Cary's perspective, he's the director of the film and he's at work. Charles was on set for 15-30 minutes in an 8/9 hour day. In the most part, it was still a working day and the crew started early and will probably be finishing later now.

If you read the following press release, you can see that Cary himself admitted it was a big distraction having Charles there:
    https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/charles-interrupts-m-giving-james-180400595.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly91ay5zZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tL3NlYXJjaD9mcj1tY2FmZWUmdHlwZT1FMjExR0I3MTRHMCZwPWNhcnkrZnVrdW5hZ2ErY2hhcmxlcw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAJxCpVNCwl3Vsh2Y3zhY380qRXC9XXLpIEMJ86amdCP-kWw8LCVfx_lKHM3CbNT5hOkrVYs6YMHiBHIc_BBZB6iuxpjU7V9CcKDIXhYeq6sUjuykIapsBWTXQ5zHVSe08PpnicKygQ9OylRoGXJdrXmGrINT5CIhaRQ7DlG38Mir

Plus I can only imagine making a Bond films must feel like you're just making any other film, then occasionally there are moments (such as British royalty visiting) that reminds you of the external pressures and interest.

Can we ID the make of Cary's glassses?

15043882-7163615-Prince_Charles_and_Ralph_Fiennes_shook_hands_as_they_greeted_on_-a-34_1561049170830.jpg
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Charles pointing out the golden scissors to DC: "Is M going wear a red jumpsuit and sandles?" (Us reference, in case you haven't seen that film.)

HT36miN.jpg

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    You guys are reading way too much into this haha :D
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    matt_u wrote: »

It's still possible that Armas will come back on set in the coming months.

Regarding Lynch, there's no way someone like her is goin to be the new 007 by the end of the film, if that's what you mean. That would be a kamikaze move. It's still a possibility that she replaced Bond during his retirement or maybe she's just another agent. Unfortunately she doesn't look badass. She looked more convincing in Captain Marvel. She definitely doesn't look like a double 0 given those pictures and videos.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/12/daniel-craig-spotted-filming-exotic-scenes-new-bond-girl-lashana-lynch-jamaica-9502455/

Interesting that on these photos character of Lashane has long hair, but on Pinewood, scenes in office, she has her usual short hair. Maybe she used wig by plot needs in the Jamaica part.

And I think she is not 00. She can be ordinary agent of MI6 in Jamaica to control James on distance.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

I'd imagine that he was thinking, like most of us would be, that when people visit the set of a James Bond film, their number one interest is going to be talking to the guy playing James Bond.

Did he even shake hands with Cary I didn't see it any photo or video. For me that is very disrespectful considering he actually getting pretty good with Ralph fiennes, he is British as well.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    I don't know why but I have the feeling that Lashana is a MI6 agent who gets Bond out of Cuba after failed operation to free scientist. Scars on Bond's face can be results of tortute in Cuban prison and Lashane rescues him and take to MI6 hq where Bond gets badly criticized by M for this operation of Bond and Felix without MI6 sanction.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited June 2019 Posts: 3,018
    OT - Stupid thought: Could Lashana's character be a field agent 00-something or related to Miss Moneypenny, like a sister maybe, or is she new Moneypenny in learning?

Maybe he just doesn't like royals? :-D
    I can't stand royals myself.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 15,785

I do wonder if Eon threw that at him at the last minute? A visit by the Royal family.

Granted, it's the 21st century and I know many people who consider hoodies, t-shirts, sweat pants or their best jeans as "dressing up". I went to work the other day in a navy blazer, tie, dress shirt and slacks, and was mistaken for a priest. It was pretty funny, but somewhat sad considering that's how far society has come in terms of clothing expertise, and what to wear for the appropriate occasion. I then shamelessly plugged the Suits of James Bond website.

Normally, Cary looks so dashing like he could rival Bond. On that day, with his casual attire he may not have had time to put on a suit or at least a tie before Prince Charles arrived and thus may have felt a bit uncomfortable.

Barbara could have at least said " You have exactly 35 minutes to get properly dressed, Double-O-Cary".
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    TripAces wrote: »
    HT36miN.jpg

This is M's or Ralph Fiennes's phone? Looks like a Moto G.
    I think it was an honest minor faux pas. Craig Fiennes and Charles have probably met lots of times and he conversation just gravitated towards them. Everyone’s a critic these days.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Craig and Fiennes are smiling because they are professional actors. Cary isn t.
    To me Fukunaga seemed just super annoyed by the fact they were losing time entertaining this curious fella who came out of knowhere shacking hands and asking stupid questions. Come on, just look at the picture above. XD
    Only here would people manage to put any sort negative spin on a Royal visiting set. How many other franchises are prestigious enough to warrant such a thing? Crazy.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    TripAces wrote: »
    HT36miN.jpg
    This is M's or Ralph Fiennes's phone? Looks like a Moto G.
    The camera area looks like a Motorola. I reckon it's a Nokia - there's a faint line right in the middle of the phone where the Nokia logo usually goes.
    Only here would people manage to put any sort negative spin on a Royal visiting set. How many other franchises are prestigious enough to warrant such a thing? Crazy.

Plus "thanks" to Charles we even had some nice new informations to discuss. But Fukunaga was clearly bored by this visit.