Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I hear this trailer has a spoiler-heavy tone so going to avoid it since the film's releasing next month. I'm honestly excited to see it now though.

Nothing seemed more spoilery than what we saw in the last trailer, maybe I missed what people are referring to. I will resist watching it again as a precaution. The film looks good nonetheless and Jenna want's people to watch it...

Jenna Ortega has a message for you! #Scream6 🔪
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I caved and watched it, I'm also not sure what people meant. It shows a bit more of that ladder sequence and that's about it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    RIDDICK 4: FURYA Star Vin Diesel Shares New Concept Art For Upcoming Sci-Fi Sequel
    https://comicbookmovie.com/sci_fi/riddick-4-furya-star-vin-diesel-shares-new-concept-art-for-upcoming-sci-fi-sequel-a200347
    I have the trilogy I am a fan of the series.
    I thought the last Riddick film was actually really sweet. Haven't seen the others in a long while.
    I thought the last Riddick film was actually really sweet. Haven't seen the others in a long while.

I tolerate Vin Diesel more as Riddick than I do as Dom. Despite liking the Fast series, I am not a fan of Dom, I prefer most of the other characters.

I tolerate Vin Diesel more as Riddick than I do as Dom. Despite liking the Fast series, I am not a fan of Dom, I prefer most of the other characters.

You and I both. Dom’s fairly one note anymore and has too much plot armor.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Watching the Fast movies with subtitles on...

Dom: "Incoherent grumbling."
    "Family"
    "Incoherent grumbling continues."

"Family"

*cars crashing*
    *explosion intensifies*
    *gunfire erupts*
    *outer space sounds heighten*

"Family?"
    "Family."
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

"Family"

*cars crashing*
    *explosion intensifies*
    *gunfire erupts*

"Family?"
    "Family."

Pretty much. I watch everything with subtitles. It's kinda funny when it says "ominous music" and I'm like how does a deaf person knows what ominous music sounds like?

"Family"

*cars crashing*
    *explosion intensifies*
    *gunfire erupts*

"Family?"
    "Family."

Pretty much. I watch everything with subtitles. It's kinda funny when it says "ominous music" and I'm like how does a deaf person knows what ominous music sounds like?

Exactly. I also watch everything with subtitles and some of them are pretty funny to see. It's nice that they've gotten incredibly descriptive these past few years but I'd imagine most of those sound descriptors are wholly insignificant to the deaf community.
    BOSTON STRANGLER Trailer (2023) Keira Knightley

This looks interesting, I did like the 1969 film with Tony Curtis who was excellent.
    Sisu - Official Red Band Trailer (2023

God knows what the death count in this movie will be :))
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands

Looks a bit graphic novel and much on the beginning of live action movie from Michael Bay.
    Ghosted

This looks bad.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2023 Posts: 15,690
    https://variety.com/2023/film/news/bob-odenkirk-the-room-remake-tommy-wiseau-1235547708/

Why do we need a remake of this? The original movie is perfect as it is, no way anyone can top it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    https://variety.com/2023/film/news/bob-odenkirk-the-room-remake-tommy-wiseau-1235547708/

Why do we need a remake of this? The original movie is perfect as it is, no way anyone can top it.

Thankfully it's just one of those Zoom-style video recreations done for charity. No way you could top the brilliant genius of the original.

It'll be fun seeing Odenkirk try to genuinely sell that dialogue.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Thanks for that correction, @Creasy47 ! I was genuinely worried they were making an actual remake of The Room.
    Thanks for that correction, @Creasy47 ! I was genuinely worried they were making an actual remake of The Room.

No problem! I'm really glad that's not the case because I really don't see how you could pull something like that off.
    Vanessa Hudgens (who was apparently in Bad Boys For Life) is returning for the fourth installment:

https://deadline.com/2023/03/vanessa-hudgens-bad-boys-will-smith-martin-lawrence-1235299091/
    16 years later, Denzel Washington and Ridley Scott are set to reunite for the Gladiator sequel, which will also star Paul Mescal and Barry Keoghan. What a cast.

https://deadline.com/2023/03/denzel-washington-gladiator-sequel-cast-paul-mescal-ridley-scott-1235302321/
    edited March 2023 Posts: 15,690

----

Poster for Wes Anderson's Asteroid City:

tso4qliyjhqa1.jpg
    Just watched Asteroid City trailer before logging on unaware of what it is, though testament to the director as soon as I saw the first shot i knew who it was.
    I just hope it's better than The French Dispatch. It's the only film of his I haven't liked. It felt like someone else trying as hard as they could to make a Wes Anderson film yet forgetting all of the magic, charm and humor as a result.
    I just hope it's better than The French Dispatch. It's the only film of his I haven't liked. It felt like someone else trying as hard as they could to make a Wes Anderson film yet forgetting all of the magic, charm and humor as a result.

I still have not watched The French Dispatch it looked very art house from the trailers.

I still have not watched The French Dispatch it looked very art house from the trailers.

It was. I really dug the vignette with Benicio del Toro and Lea Seydoux but it quickly fizzles out after that and becomes mired in a lot of philosophical nonsense and a script that felt like it tried too hard. I was desperately ready for it to end barely halfway through. Killer visuals as always though but that wasn't enough for me.
    edited March 2023 Posts: 23,369

It was. I really dug the vignette with Benicio del Toro and Lea Seydoux but it quickly fizzles out after that and becomes mired in a lot of philosophical nonsense and a script that felt like it tried too hard. I was desperately ready for it to end barely halfway through. Killer visuals as always though but that wasn't enough for me.

I liked the quirkiness of the The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic and The Grand Budapest Hotel.

I did watch a bit of French cinema in my youth mainly Jean-Paul Belmondo and Alain Delon films though the more pretentious French films I was not keen on, thats what the The French Dispatch looked like it was going for.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands