Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Wow this looks bad
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2020 Posts: 15,690

----

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    2nd international trailer for Bloodshot:

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, Black Widow looking so great! Really looking forward to this one. I hope it's wekk written because I'd be happy to have 2 of 3 films with this character.
  • Yep, I think they did Johansen a disservice by waiting so long for her solo film.
    @Creasy47 @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @bondjames @boldfinger

After the first 20 reviews, Bad Boys For Life currently holds a 90% rating on RottenTomatoes.

Banter and bullets is the action-movie MO, and the duo at the center of it hardly seem to have to stretch to spread their bickering charm on thick

Decisively the best of the trio; it actually has a heart, or what passes for one in a gigantic, slam-bang industrial enterprise like this.

A retro affair tailor-made for those who adored the action movies of the 1990s

A fun, explosive, and even thoughtful action movie that updates Jerry Bruckheimer bombast for the modern age of multiplex cinema

While Bad Boys for Life has a completely asinine story, generic action, predictable plot beats, moronic dialogue and truly reprehensible politics, I still had a good time

By keeping its bombastic action but putting an emphasis on family, the 'Bad Boys' series manages to age gracefully rather than seeming like an embittered relic

Its mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make a jaded 2019 audience glad to see these guys again. The movie's not the point. The boys are the point.

Overall, Bad Boys for Life is probably a wash, but it ends so well that I now find myself not entirely opposed to the idea of a fourth Bad Boys entry. Whatcha gonna do?

The anticipated sequel punches hard, drives fast through stylish explosions, cracks sharper-than-expected jokes, and basically celebrates everything that worked about the first two Bad Boys movies
    I had a feeling that BBfL would be at least not bad, but I´m shocked in a positive way if it has as much as 90% on RT, even if that might go down after a while. I wouldn´t have expected any critic to like it so much.
    I was hoping for it, and it seems I was heard: "moronic dialogue and truly reprehensible politics" :-))
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Dutch version of a poster i haven't seen before

23754_119452_ps_sd-high.jpg
    Source: pathe.nl
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @DarthDimi @boldfinger @MajorDSmythe

----

First image from Thomas Vinterberg's Druk, starring Mads Mikkelsen:

jwpxupkkeqa41.jpg

4 teachers decide to embark on an experiment where they each sustain a certain level of alcohol intoxication during their everyday life, believing that all people in general would benefit from a bit higher Blood Alcohol Content. As a result, their working experiences are turned upside down.

----

gi22v8ibg5b41.jpg

----
    First poster for Time to Hunt:

The-Night-of-the-Hunter-TP.jpg

Set in the near future in an area filled with poverty. Joon-Seok wants to leave the city and start a new life. For that, he sets up a reckless crime plan. He enlists the help of three friends. Soon, these 4 men are chased by a mysterious man named Han.

And now the first teaser for Time to Hunt:

@Creasy47 @DarthDimi @boldfinger @MajorDSmythe

Production is about to begin on the South-Korean gangster film The Outlaws 2, the sequel to the original film from 2017.

the-outlaws-south-korean-movie-poster.jpg

----

Jon Bernthal joins Will Smith in the Serena & Venus Williams biopic King Richard. Bernthal will play their coach, and Smith their father.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/jon-bernthal-rick-macci-king-richard-venus-serena-williams-warner-bros-drama-will-smith-richard-williams-1202832509/

----

David O'Russell to direct Christian Bale in a new film. Plot specifics are unknown. Production is due to start this April.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/christian-bale-david-o-russell-movie-new-regency-1202833158/

Collider are reporting that Jennifer Lawrence, Angelina Jolie, Margot Robbie and Jamie Foxx are eyed for roles in this project.

https://collider.com/christian-bale-david-o-russell-new-movie/
    Bad Boys 4 is already in development at Sony, thanks to the critical & financial success of Bad Boys For Life.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/bad-boys-4-works-1269915

——

Disney is officially working on National Treasure 3. The script is being written by Chris Bremner (Bad Boys For Life).

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/national-treasure-3-disney-jerry-bruckheimer-national-treasure-3-1203471524/amp/
    Bad Boys 4 is already in development at Sony, thanks to the critical & financial success of Bad Boys For Life.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/bad-boys-4-works-1269915

——

Disney is officially working on National Treasure 3. The script is being written by Chris Bremner (Bad Boys For Life).

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/national-treasure-3-disney-jerry-bruckheimer-national-treasure-3-1203471524/amp/
    I feel like a relic, because both those news make me very happy.

French actor Lambert Wilson is returning as The Merovingian in Matrix 4.

https://theplaylist.net/merovingian-matrix-4-lambert-wilson-20200117/

----

3 weeks ago, Bad Boys For Life was expected to open with $35 million on its first weekend. Now, it is on route for a $70 million opening weekend, which would be the 2nd biggest ever in January, behind only American Sniper. The budget of this 3rd Bad Boys installment is $90 million. No wonder Bad Boys 4 is already in development.

https://variety.com/2020/film/box-office/bad-boys-for-life-box-office-opening-weekend-1203471192/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2020 Posts: 40,473
    Saw that yesterday, wouldn't want anyone else returning as The Merovingian. I think this might be my most anticipated film of the next two years.

Another cast member has joined:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3601261/sense8-actress-erendira-ibarra-joins-matrix-4/
    I appreciate the returning cast, I just hope it doesn´t mean too much of a re-tread.

Then again, I watched Bad Boys for Life last night and had a smile on my face for 2 hours.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I appreciate the returning cast, I just hope it doesn´t mean too much of a re-tread.

Then again, I watched Bad Boys for Life last night and had a smile on my face for 2 hours.

I've always said if there's a perfect series that can justify sequels, returning characters or feeling of retreads, it's The Matrix, where all it takes is another reboot of the system and we're back. I won't mind, it seems to be a fair mixture of new and returning players thus far. I couldn't be more excited.

And yes, Bad Boys For Life was a lot of fun. Didn't reach the heights of the second film and it was definitely missing that Bay flavor, but it was still a blast.
    First image of Ana De Armas in Blonde, the Netflix biopic film about Marilyn Monroe:

nof4yz3cqrb41.jpg

Directed by Andrew Dominik (The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford).

Also starring: Adrien Brody, Bobby Cannavale, Julianne Nicholson, and Scoot McNairy.

----

First image from Brandon Cronenberg's sci-fi thriller Possessor:

wh1iqebmjrb41.jpg

An agent works for a secretive organization, using brain-implant technology to drive other people to commit assassinations for high-paying clients.

Starring: Christopher Abbott, Sean Bean, and Jennifer Jason Leigh.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I've always said if there's a perfect series that can justify sequels, returning characters or feeling of retreads, it's The Matrix, where all it takes is another reboot of the system and we're back. I won't mind, it seems to be a fair mixture of new and returning players thus far. I couldn't be more excited.

And yes, Bad Boys For Life was a lot of fun. Didn't reach the heights of the second film and it was definitely missing that Bay flavor, but it was still a blast.
    I don´t know what to make of Bay these days. The characters in 6 Underground were all so incredibly bad I could hardly refrain from throwing up, yet the vehicle action was balm for the soul. Anyway I found his cameo very cool.
    I´d say it didn´t reach the hights of the second one, but it found its own pace and groove very well enough. The way the film deals with the boys getting older was astonishingly smooth. I´m looking forward to watching it again.

Yes, the world of Matrix begs to be re-booted. But unfortunately that doesn´t go for the film franchise. I don´t feel worry inside me, we seem to experience a period where sequels work out amazingly well.

I love the TV series, so...

Leonardo DiCaprio confirms that everything is going ahead for production on Killers of the Flower Moon to start in March 2020. This will be the first film directed by Martin Scorsese to feature both DiCaprio and Robert De Niro.

https://ew.com/sag-awards/2020/01/19/leonardo-dicaprio-robert-de-niro-martin-scorsese-killers-of-the-flower-moon/
    First trailer for Spenser Confidential, the new Peter Berg film starring Mark Wahlberg (Lone Survivor, Deepwater Horizon, Patriot’s Day):

Creasy47 wrote: »

I don´t know what to make of Bay these days. The characters in 6 Underground were all so incredibly bad I could hardly refrain from throwing up, yet the vehicle action was balm for the soul. Anyway I found his cameo very cool.
    I´d say it didn´t reach the hights of the second one, but it found its own pace and groove very well enough. The way the film deals with the boys getting older was astonishingly smooth. I´m looking forward to watching it again.

Yes, the world of Matrix begs to be re-booted. But unfortunately that doesn´t go for the film franchise. I don´t feel worry inside me, we seem to experience a period where sequels work out amazingly well.

6 Underground was awful in every sense of the word. Just another garbage release from Netflix, one of many.
    First trailer for Spenser Confidential, the new Peter Berg film starring Mark Wahlberg (Lone Survivor, Deepwater Horizon, Patriot’s Day):

That looks pretty cool!

Gerard wrote: »
    I love the TV series, so...

Excellent news and a night out for me and the missus.

As for the Spenser movie I do hope it a good one and there will be more on the way.
    Never try to swap roles with you wife :