Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• If Gibson and Glover aren't available/willing to go along with it then just scrap the whole event

You can't have any one else in the lead roles, especially as it will surely be the last one of the series and we've had them all the way from 1987 up to now

I'm sure I read some time back that Gibson said he wanted no more part of it, but you know how people change their mind etc
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    If Gibson and Glover aren't available/willing to go along with it then just scrap the whole event
    That's the whole idea of a reboot. Check the link I posted. It'll be with new actors in those two (iconic?) roles.
    You can't have any one else in the lead roles, especially as it will surely be the last one of the series and we've had them all the way from 1987 up to now

I'm sure I read some time back that Gibson said he wanted no more part of it, but you know how people change their mind etc
    The reboot could bring new life to the series, like Nolan has done with his Batman trilogy.
  • but Batman isin't LW, same as Die Hard isin't 007

we/I don't really want a re-boot, they should have finished with the 4th and ended the series there, and if you watch the end credits that is what they genuinely believed.

That was 13 years ago and now they're taking about starting again from the start, getting in a muddle now, all I know is, LW I & II were fun, III was poor and IV just blowed. That should of been the end of it really, and now they want to start again from the beginning with different characters?

It'll all probably come to nothing anyways
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    hey Joel Silver, you are a great film producer, you have given us some of the best action films in my time in the last 30 years

how about, instead of a Lethal Weapon Reboot, a Matrix 4?
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    but Batman isin't LW, same as Die Hard isin't 007
    I quite agree and wish those making the films could also see that. To them it's all about money.

And no Matrix 4 either!
  • at the end of the day some people only care about profits and how much money can be made rather than customer satisfaction or keeping a franchise within limits or viewer enjoyment

sad but true
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Not a new film news, but Timothy Dalton's "The Rocketeer" is finally coming to Blu Ray.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Wow that looks awesome - thanks @forgotmyusername !!
  • yep it looks good...not too long before a hollywood remake methinks. Reminds me of John Woo's Hard boiled and the Killer.
    A Point Break remake is on the way it seems:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/alcon-entertainment-reboots-point-break/

Why?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Writer of Piranha 3DD, Patrick Melton, talks briefly about the trailer:

Just the other day I watched the latest edit, and it’s insane – blood, boobs, and piranhas galore. It’s in the same playful tone as the first film, picking up about a year later at a water park down-stream. I was hoping Dimension Films would have the trailer play before (the currently running) Apollo 18, but it wasn’t ready in time. The trailer is so much fun, and I can’t wait for everyone to see it. Considering it has ‘DD’ in the title, it’s pretty much exactly what you’d expect: a wild and crazy ride best watched with friends and served with a cocktail.

http://d-panabaker.org/

Two months away, and we have no promo material? :-? At this point last year, we allready had at the very least the poster.
  • edited September 2011 Posts: 2,782
    A Point Break remake is on the way it seems:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/alcon-entertainment-reboots-point-break/

Why?
    How can you remake cinematic perfection?

There's a lot of stong buzz coming from the eight-minute trailer of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo some have been lucky enough to see. This film looks better by the day...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I read a mini review on that eight-minute trailer, @Samuel001, and they said it was amazing because some trailers manage to spoil the whole film in two minutes, while this eight-minute trailer just kind of brings you up to speed at what the film is about, giving you looks at plenty of new footage without spoiling anything. They also said Reznor's score is nothing like The Social Network's in the slightest. Doesn't really affect me, I couldn't stand the film, but his rendition of 'The Immigrant Song' for the initial TGWTDT trailer was phenomenal.

First trailer for 'Premium Rush', starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Michael Shannon:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82207

Kevin Costner NOT to appear in Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82214
    First trailer for 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' with Judi Dench, Tom Wilkinson, Bill Nighy, Maggy Smith and Dev Patel.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/First-Trailer-For-The-Best-Exotic-Marigold-Hotel-26814.html

• I'm in love with her corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and the film looks awesome and cliched at the same time - they left her no choice - so bad it's good.
    The Well It Worked For Pirates Of The Caribbean films

2013 brings us Tim Allen and Tom Hanks on a JUNGLE CRUISE. WHere in the 20th century they look for a cure. (thats all i have to go on!!!) If we were to take a hint form the ride it will probably the 30's and the'll get lost.

The Hill is based on the matterhorn bobsleds. its about 5 young people who are called to the top of a mountain and find a yeti on the way down (The only character in the actual ride.

Finally ,A Security guard, Sorry Family is locked in a ,Museum, Woopsy Disney Theme Park where at night all the ,Exhibits, Damn. Animatronics, Costumes Etc. Come to life and cause mayhem in ,Night and The Museum, My bad.. The Magic Kingdom

• too much like Alien right down to the flame thrower.
    First trailer for Clint Eastwood 'J Edgar' with Leonardo Dicaprio and Judi Dench.
    http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/jedgar/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    First trailer for Clint Eastwood 'J Edgar' with Leonardo Dicaprio and Judi Dench.
    http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/jedgar/
    :O I love Clint and History so I am pumped for this! I have always found J. Edgar an interesting character. He had a file on everyone, and that is a scary prospect.
    edited September 2011 Posts: 15,681
    3.5 minutes long trailer of "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" trailer http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/thegirlwiththedragontattoo/
    3.5 minutes long trailer of "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" trailer http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/thegirlwiththedragontattoo/
    Looks amazing! I think this will be the best Craig movie yet (after CR of course).

Looks amazing. I can't wait. Craig sure has a good thing going at the moment with Bond films and two more Millenium films to make.
    This movie will be solid proof that Craig can have a magnetic presence without punching people and running around for 2 hours. I hope EON come to their senses and give Craig a film where he can display his acting skills and masculinity by sheer magnetic presence and not physical strenght.
    This movie will be solid proof that Craig can have a magnetic presence without punching people and running around for 2 hours. I hope EON come to their senses and give Craig a film where he can display his acting skills and masculinity by sheer magnetic presence and not physical strenght.
    If they've seen anything of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and aim to make a Bond film of old, I see no reason why this can't be the case. I desperately want this to happen too and feel from Bond 23 onwards, it just may.

Fingers crossed.
    If they've seen anything of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and aim to make a Bond film of old, I see no reason why this can't be the case. I desperately want this to happen too and feel from Bond 23 onwards, it just may.

Fingers crossed.
    I agree on both counts.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2011 Posts: 4,411
    Some great lines who can have working for a James Bond movie.

At the beginning of the trailer remember me to M talking with Miranda Frost. The other is the old guy talking about calcuating. We need to talk line of course too.

How long it wil take somebody make a fan art trailer yusing those lines.

Daniel Craig look like a mix of James Bond & Enduring Love

• Wet your pants everyone - I don't think anything will touch this next year.