Dodgy search function

Looking to post new thoughts on a Bond film, do a search for, say, Goldfinger and it throws up all random mentions of GF in every post, but not a thread dedicated to the film itself. A bit crap. Or I type in YOLT and it gets changed to 'holt' and then every search with the words 'you' 'live' and so on pop up.

Am I doing something wrong or is that how it is these days?

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I have this feeling too - it's not a change for the better, especially where duplicate threads are such a no-no.
    I usually just go to google and put 'mi6community' in front of what I'm looking for. Works every time!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 13,930
    I raised this issue when the site was first overhauled, it's certainly not reliable.
    I usually just go to google and put 'mi6community' in front of what I'm looking for. Works every time!
    Yep, this is the best way to go about it.
    If you quote mark exactly the search you're after it does narrow down the field better too but google is best.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Thanks so much for that recommendation, dear @Master_Dahark! I'll have to try that little trick!
    You could also use the categories function to find the "review" threads..
  • Thanks Master Dahark...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

True! This is the best search function ever.

I mean, let's be realistic. When we type "goldfinger" in a search function on a James Bond forum, isn't it pretty obvious that the return will be explosive? ;-) The google search works all the time.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited August 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Yes, we need to go the google route with the added 'mi6community' - this was already mentioned in one of the feedback and suggestions threads. It is probably the only thing left that I do not like about the new format. Everything else is ticking along nicely; pages load in a flash, clear format, etc. Though good point about using just a word like "Goldfinger" DarthDimi. :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yep, pretty much everything is peachy :) Now we're just waiting for the return of our profile page stats- d.o.b, location, favourite film etc.